Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,218 members, 7,829,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Buhari Names Osinbajo 'Coordinator' In His Letter To Senate - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Names Osinbajo 'Coordinator' In His Letter To Senate (54890 Views)

Buhari Forms Exco-Legislative Party Forum, Names Osinbajo As Chair / NNPC: 5 Damaging Things Kachikwu Revealed In His Letter To Buhari / Ibe Kachikwu Exposes Maikanti Baru Through His Letter To Buhari (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Names Osinbajo 'Coordinator' In His Letter To Senate by Realist2: 7:10pm On May 09, 2017
This what we called technicality.
The north are afraid of doctrine of necessity.
Re: Buhari Names Osinbajo 'Coordinator' In His Letter To Senate by Realist2: 7:10pm On May 09, 2017
This what we called technicality.
The north are afraid of doctrine of necessity.
Re: Buhari Names Osinbajo 'Coordinator' In His Letter To Senate by Fx55(m): 7:16pm On May 09, 2017
Nature8:
Which one be coordinating president abeg
Prof Yemi Osunbade
Re: Buhari Names Osinbajo 'Coordinator' In His Letter To Senate by chigoziem10(f): 7:20pm On May 09, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
You are just doing practise for proper wailing because your masters are cooking something I cannot tell for you

Happy Buhari to You
You need help
Re: Buhari Names Osinbajo 'Coordinator' In His Letter To Senate by Nodogragra4me(m): 7:22pm On May 09, 2017
TippyTop:
Anyone who thinks a very sick Buhari would write to NASS, handing total power to a southerner is a political novice. I mean not when the north is unsure about the outcome of this latest trip.

Osinbanjo is Co-ordinator and Abba Kyari Presido.
Anyway what's the difference between now and June 2015 when Abba Kyari became our President?

All hail President Abba Kyari, otherwise known as Buhari's cousin.

Somebody wrote an article here about Buhari endorsing his bide in the event he doesn't run in 2017 and I knew instantly the naivety of the writer in thinking along that line.
Re: Buhari Names Osinbajo 'Coordinator' In His Letter To Senate by Justiceleague1: 7:23pm On May 09, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
Stop making mockery of yourself abeg angry angry

that baba is a two_faced hypocrite,but he hardly knows,as u rightly put it,that hes only deceiving and making mockery of himself..

I have always said it and i will continue to say it,'they' can only deceive cone heads...
Go to ipob/igbo/kanu related threads and u will see them bunch there looking for rats.. grin tongue grin
mehhhn,from commissioner to coordinator..hmm!
Re: Buhari Names Osinbajo 'Coordinator' In His Letter To Senate by Montaque(m): 7:28pm On May 09, 2017
Buhari just want to put this country into trouble. God forbid, What will happen if he didn't make it back alive? We will. Have A vacuum like that of Yaradua's time; because their is really no acting president
Re: Buhari Names Osinbajo 'Coordinator' In His Letter To Senate by Nodogragra4me(m): 7:29pm On May 09, 2017
sweetgala:
It's a non issue. The president like Senator Lawan clearly showed made reference to section 145 of the Constitution which is grants all executive powers to the VP in the absence of the president.

The president is the coordinator of the FG in his absence the VP fills that role

Don't settle down in comfort yet I beg of you .......Acting president is not too difficult to insert ...Something like...The vide will act in the capacity as envisaged in the constitution......Using the word , coordinator means a whole lot ....Coordinator of the economy of the Jonathan era reported to somebody and our VP would have to report to somebody..... Buhari or whoever acts Wel, as hearing from Jim regularly

I pray the Jonathan scenario doesn't play out

A coordinator is a supervisor....A acting president is a temporal c in c
Re: Buhari Names Osinbajo 'Coordinator' In His Letter To Senate by Omonigeriarere: 7:32pm On May 09, 2017
ShitHead:
When Saraki called Osibanjo a mere commissioner, your wanted to stone him to death. Now you know better.

What else does the President and Governors do except administration which involves coordinating and managing the public affairs at Federal and State levels respectively?

Don't forget, the same National coordinator is signing 2017 budget and inaugurate new Ministers.

https://www.nairaland.com/3788213/osinbajo-sign-2017-budget-inaugurate

Wake up please.
Re: Buhari Names Osinbajo 'Coordinator' In His Letter To Senate by 4C2215131: 7:38pm On May 09, 2017
dionma:
What else does the Acting President does other than coordinate the affairs of the nation.

MBuhari referred to section 145 of the constitution which is the section that empowers the Vice President to be Acting President. This to me settles the issue.

This is just much ado about nothing.

Simple ND straightforward!
Re: Buhari Names Osinbajo 'Coordinator' In His Letter To Senate by Nodogragra4me(m): 7:43pm On May 09, 2017
BlackOnassis:

Buhari is in enough problem with calls for his handover and all. Handing over to an "acting president" for the second time within months does not look good for him, hence the word play. I doubt he is clueless enough to let Abba Kyari have that power over the VP. If word gets out that is the case, it would cause a lot of problems and protests, which he is actively trying to avoid.
The man had to rush back to office when #whereis buhari was trending. He definitely does not want another Save Nigeria Group.

You have overlooked the configuration of the top echelon of the security network. This is planned and well scripted by the cabal. ..... That word , coordinator is not idle ....The need to explain it to Osinbanjo might arise if Buhari doesn't get back on his feet in good time.

The only way for Osinbanjo to act is to have the service chiefs removed but he dare not entertain that thought lest he be removed, unceremoniously.
Re: Buhari Names Osinbajo 'Coordinator' In His Letter To Senate by VirginFinder: 7:49pm On May 09, 2017
Xano:

It is better you ask a lawyer(legal practitioner) to explain it for you.

Coordinating is one of the functions of a President(in this case Acting President), not encompassing function.

Answer these to yourself:
Director
Supervisor

Actually, it's beyond Buhari what happens when he is unable to discharge his duties and he decides to notify the NASS to that effect.

The constitution has the final say and it clearly says Osinbajo will be acting president. It's not for Buhari to decide.

Osinbajo is a professor of law and he know what to do.

He was however ruled out of order by Mr. Saraki, after the Senate Leader, Ahmed Lawan, defended Mr. Buhari, citing Section 145 of the 1999 Constitution.

That section says, “Whenever the President transmits to the President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives a written declaration that he is proceeding on vacation or that he is otherwise unable to discharge the functions of his office, until he transmits to them a written declaration to the contrary such functions shall be discharged by the Vice-President as Acting President.”
Re: Buhari Names Osinbajo 'Coordinator' In His Letter To Senate by Nodogragra4me(m): 7:53pm On May 09, 2017
benji93:

So wetin be the problem, fellow Nigerians.What does an acting president do if not coordinate the affairs of a nation, is it different from presidence over the affairs of the same nation as done by the president.I do not know what Buhari was thinking with regards to his choice of words, It sounds evasive and unforthright though.But i am sure the constitution stated explicitly the role of the acting president.Chapter 6 article 145 states that . "Whenever the President transmits to the President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives a written declaration that he is proceeding on vacation or that he is otherwise unable to discharge the functions of his office, until he transmits to them a written declaration to the contrary such functions shall be discharged by the Vice-President as Acting President".I can only assume his function in that stead should be that of the president. He has legal rights to discharge all duties of the president in this repect.If 1 Abba kyari wan come talk something, im fit say no.I dont know if the issue of appending signatures to important documents is true.But i can only assume it is political, it might seem rebellious not to listen to Buhari.But which document go come just like that, the projects must have been ongoing. And they both must have discussed. If Osinbajo just carry document give Abu,dem na im be mumu, but it is sometimes important to tread in caution in such situation.

There are styles that pertains to Buhari that Osinbanjo might find repulsive and would want to suspend until he returns and resumes but now can't because a deliberate technical breach has been added to an otherwise straight and clear intentions of the relevant passage of the constitution relating to power transmission to a acting president.

If Buhari stays up to six months in London , we may begin to understand the very intent of that word, coordinator.....He might be allowed to fire some persons and operate up to certain levels but beyond might bring rupture to smooth running of government, after all he is only coordinating things for Buhari
Re: Buhari Names Osinbajo 'Coordinator' In His Letter To Senate by BeardedMeat(m): 7:54pm On May 09, 2017
VirginFinder:

Is the president or the writer of the letter a programmed equipment that can use words freely?

Are you a dullard

Osinbajo is already acting as president.

Go and die!!
OK. But to answer some of your question, Nope! I am not a dullard. The dullard is a vegetable and has been shipped to London and will be back as corned beef
Re: Buhari Names Osinbajo 'Coordinator' In His Letter To Senate by bejeria101(m): 7:58pm On May 09, 2017
When we say he is daft una go argue. Go and beat my pastor na church e dey.
Re: Buhari Names Osinbajo 'Coordinator' In His Letter To Senate by BeardedMeat(m): 7:58pm On May 09, 2017
malton:

You don come again abi?

Trouble maker.

Tell d pesin wey send u say u no meat (meet) me.

grin
You dey craze! As if a mere commissioner was not bad enough, you people now turned the poor petite Osunbande into a coordinating president. Now Osunbande is back to the days of sitting idly waiting for the phone to ring.
Re: Buhari Names Osinbajo 'Coordinator' In His Letter To Senate by Charly68: 8:00pm On May 09, 2017
He should have called him class captain may be he forgot.. Nonsense people messing up the corporate virtue of a great nation in the name of power
Re: Buhari Names Osinbajo 'Coordinator' In His Letter To Senate by farem: 8:04pm On May 09, 2017
Section 145 of the 1999 Constitution.

That section says, “Whenever the President transmits to the President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives a written declaration that he is proceeding on vacation or that he is otherwise unable to discharge the functions of his office, until he transmits to them a written declaration to the contrary such functions shall be discharged by the Vice-President as Acting President.”

C'est fini !

'National Coordinator' is alien and it's not applicable in Nigeria's constitution
Re: Buhari Names Osinbajo 'Coordinator' In His Letter To Senate by NemzySeries(m): 8:59pm On May 09, 2017
na wa ooo, Buhari is jst playing to b smart but not smarter dan God.... only osibanjo wuz 1st called MERE COMMISSIONER & nw COORDINATOR..... dey shd continue & not forget dat He dat is Above is Above all things (APC inclusive)
Re: Buhari Names Osinbajo 'Coordinator' In His Letter To Senate by benji93: 9:03pm On May 09, 2017
Nodogragra4me:

There are styles that pertains to Buhari that Osinbanjo might find repulsive and would want to suspend until he returns and resumes but now can't because a deliberate technical breach has been added to an otherwise straight and clear intentions of the relevant passage of the constitution relating to power transmission to a acting president.

If Buhari stays up to six months in London , we may begin to understand the very intent of that word, coordinator.....He might be allowed to fire some persons and operate up to certain levels but beyond might bring rupture to smooth running of government, after all he is only coordinating things for Buhari
Understood bros, but i believe until the constitution is changed,it still holds.So i guess the main question is how mumuish is Osinbajo?
Re: Buhari Names Osinbajo 'Coordinator' In His Letter To Senate by Nobody: 9:08pm On May 09, 2017
Lol! He will never relinquish power. He will never give up power so that economic activities will not be hindered in his "beloved" country, Nigeria.
"Born to rule" mentally has really eaten deep into some people grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari Names Osinbajo 'Coordinator' In His Letter To Senate by teniboss(m): 9:11pm On May 09, 2017
It funny how we the youth play politics with everything.....we're so confused that the political class doesn't need to instigate us before we act anymore.....what is so difficult in one getting to knw about the laws of the land The president has so far made history been the first to have ever obey the constitution on such an issue and yet we still complain....section 145 (1) of the 1999 constitution as amended have said it all.....the first paragraph of the said letter is in agreement with the constitution, every other part of the letter doesn't matter.....please Nigerian youth we need to wake up, a 39 yrs old jst won a presidential election and here we are confused over mere constitutional matter.....
Re: Buhari Names Osinbajo 'Coordinator' In His Letter To Senate by bilazego(m): 9:31pm On May 09, 2017
VirginFinder:

The constitution is clear enough as Ahmed Lawan pointed out and Mao Ohuabunwa was ruled out of order.

Dont fall for the antics of extremely foolish, mischievous, pained and envious loooonatics from the yEast aka yEasterners!

Having found themselves nowhere in the polity, they resolve to gladden their hearts any means possible - right or wrong, sensible or insensible.

What a shame!!

The scales will soon fall off your eyes. You are suffering from Igbophobia.
Re: Buhari Names Osinbajo 'Coordinator' In His Letter To Senate by age2richee: 9:42pm On May 09, 2017
PMBNG:

Source: http://www.socialtimesng.net/2017/05/senator-kicks-as-buhari-fails-to-designate-osinbajo-acting-president-in-letter-to-senate/

All I see is agbada. Baba isn't healthy at all. For the sake of his family, he should resign.
Re: Buhari Names Osinbajo 'Coordinator' In His Letter To Senate by Dee60: 10:18pm On May 09, 2017
I withdraw my support fromPMB from today though I still pray he recovers. What kind of nonsense is this? NONSENSE letter indeed. Osinbajo is acting President...period!
Re: Buhari Names Osinbajo 'Coordinator' In His Letter To Senate by Nature8(m): 10:21pm On May 09, 2017
Fx55:
Prof Yemi Osunbade

grin
Re: Buhari Names Osinbajo 'Coordinator' In His Letter To Senate by olatunjin(m): 10:43pm On May 09, 2017
What do you expect from NEPA BILL Certificate holder.
Re: Buhari Names Osinbajo 'Coordinator' In His Letter To Senate by princemartinsG(m): 11:24pm On May 09, 2017
Buhari s write up where he attempt to reframe the dictate of the Constitution by refering to the VP as cordinator of government instead of Acting president should not be seen as something to lose sleep over.

Despite being President, Buhari do not reserve the power to term the capacity in which the VP will operate in his absence.

The constitution of the federal republic already does that.

So let's make no mountain off a mole hill
Re: Buhari Names Osinbajo 'Coordinator' In His Letter To Senate by truthstands11: 11:45pm On May 09, 2017
Its very fishy. Coordinator of the economy may not have all the powers of the C in C when its Acting president. What God said would be would be simple.
Re: Buhari Names Osinbajo 'Coordinator' In His Letter To Senate by Nobody: 12:11am On May 10, 2017
One thing that irritates me most is "my mama tell me say I bi IGBO" and they are all touts and touts are always cowards...if u meet dis idiots in Lagos or stinking abk. They can't even say a single clear igbo word. OZUs
Re: Buhari Names Osinbajo 'Coordinator' In His Letter To Senate by Ayatullah(m): 3:10am On May 10, 2017
PMBNG:
So Osinbajo is now coordinating president?

Well noted, Lalasticlala your senior bros is now coordinating president Osinbajo.

Also note it well that Ayodele Fayose is the Shoe Shiner of the Coordinator till PMB returns.
Re: Buhari Names Osinbajo 'Coordinator' In His Letter To Senate by Nobody: 4:04am On May 10, 2017
sarrki:

Our [b]Great God [/b]will show forth

Shebi na God you vote for grin grin
A nation on Autopilot undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

'Buhari Wears $640 Shoes, Seeks Loans Of Countries Presidents Wear $100 Shoes' / Ashes And Death: What Boko Haram Left Behind In Baga - BBC / Adebayo Ogunlesi: 7 Things You Should Know About Nigerian Appointed By Trump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.