Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,429 members, 7,812,270 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:58 AM

Ifeanyi Ubah Sues DSS, Seeks Release From Detention - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ifeanyi Ubah Sues DSS, Seeks Release From Detention (18354 Views)

Breaking: DSS Arrests Ifeanyi Ubah Over N11b Oil Theft / Take A Look At Ifeanyi Ubah's House / Ifeanyi Ubah's Car Gift To Ikechukwu Emeka Onyia's Wife (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Sues DSS, Seeks Release From Detention by Nature8(m): 5:17pm On May 09, 2017
Ok
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Sues DSS, Seeks Release From Detention by Unclebrutus: 5:21pm On May 09, 2017
Jetleeee:

Linda Ikeji tax evasion- Its because she's Iborikiti, they're trying to bring her down

Ladipo market demolition-It's because they're Iborikiti, they're trying to bring them down

Olisa metuh's probe -It's because he's Iborikiti, they're trying to bring him down

Executions of Drug dealers in Indonesia - it's because they're Iborikiti, they're trying to stop them from developing the whole planet

Now Ifeanyi Ubah's arrest, it's because he's Iborikiti, they're trying to bring him down

Why is it that of all the ethnic groups in this country, y'all are the only ones that defend criminals?

WHY? WHY? WHY?
ur tryn to defend lawless country dat detain somebody without bringing him to court.

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Sues DSS, Seeks Release From Detention by dallyemmy: 5:24pm On May 09, 2017
Pay up the money of the thing Wey you sell. Shikena
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Sues DSS, Seeks Release From Detention by Jetleeee: 5:25pm On May 09, 2017
PrinxArthur1:
go 2 hell

To meet your pops? grin

2 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Sues DSS, Seeks Release From Detention by Emu4life(m): 5:45pm On May 09, 2017
davibid:
[s][/s]
Yeye dey smell
who ask U
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Sues DSS, Seeks Release From Detention by Pesuzok(m): 6:01pm On May 09, 2017
nlceo:

However, the company secretary, Oranuba, said the agreement leading to the keeping of the petroleum product with Capital Oil, allowed “conversion and diversion of IT products by operators as long as the operator is prepared to re-deliver the products within seven days of demand by the owner of the product or to pay a penalty for non-re-delivery.”

According to him, failure to re-deliver did not amount to a crime but is a mere breach of contract, which can be remedied by payment of a penalty to the owner.

“The agreement expressly states that any penalty due for non-re-delivery is to be treated as a debt and I verily believe that law enforcement agencies are not allowed to operate as debt collectors,” he said

so has capital oil delivered the product?
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Sues DSS, Seeks Release From Detention by Deepfreezer(m): 6:29pm On May 09, 2017
I don't know how many times they have arrested Mike Adenuga or Aliko dangote.
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Sues DSS, Seeks Release From Detention by Nobody: 6:40pm On May 09, 2017
Too many tribal idiots on this thread.

So the Government is out to get some people b'cos they're from a certain tribe...

Fools!

Mscheeeeeeew!!!
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Sues DSS, Seeks Release From Detention by ISpiksDaTroof: 6:41pm On May 09, 2017
Kx:
The lawyer sued on May 9 that her client has been in detention since May 6th and Judge ruled that the DSS should bring him on May 12 to explain why he should not be released unconditionally??

Why not rule that he should be released immediately to address the unlawful detention that started since May 6th first and foremost?
Thats not how it works. Did you read where the Court asked DSS to show "Probable Cause"? Litigation involves set rules and procedures.

Personally, I hope they keep him longer. His Lawyer has basically argued that he admits committing the crime but that he was just trying to scam the NNPC. Well, he might call it a mere scam and the law calls it "economic sabotage" and thats what he should try to defend against not the nonsense this faux lawyer is trying to feed us.
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Sues DSS, Seeks Release From Detention by ISpiksDaTroof: 6:45pm On May 09, 2017
nwabobo:

Did you read the following part at all?

However, the company secretary, Oranuba, said the agreement leading to the keeping of the petroleum product with Capital Oil, allowed “conversion and diversion of IT products by operators as long as the operator is prepared to re-deliver the products within seven days of demand by the owner of the product or to pay a penalty for non-re-delivery.”

According to him, failure to re-deliver did not amount to a crime but is a mere breach of contract, which can be remedied by payment of a penalty to the owner.

“The agreement expressly states that any penalty due for non-re-delivery is to be treated as a debt and I verily believe that law enforcement agencies are not allowed to operate as debt collectors,” he said.

Oh so, " I was just trying to steal because I was owed"?! Well, guess what it falls under "Economic Sabotage". The guy correcting you is right. Ifeayi Ubah doesn't write the laws; the Govt does. He can't dictate how he's to be charged.

Why the hell do you Nigerians hate law and order so much?
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Sues DSS, Seeks Release From Detention by ISpiksDaTroof: 6:45pm On May 09, 2017
nwabobo:

Did you read the following part at all?

“The agreement expressly states that any penalty due for non-re-delivery is to be treated as a debt and I verily believe that law enforcement agencies are not allowed to operate as debt collectors,” he said.

Oh so, " I was just trying to steal because I was owed"?! Well, guess what? It falls under "Economic Sabotage". The guy correcting you is right. Ifeayi Ubah doesn't write the laws; the Govt does. He can't dictate how he's to be charged.

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Sues DSS, Seeks Release From Detention by ISpiksDaTroof: 6:47pm On May 09, 2017
babestella:

Same thing they tried with Senator Ben Bruce when he came up with his common sense agenda, they went and sealed Silverbird because he owed a certain bank lots of money, as if Dangote and other Nigerians don't owe banks.

Useless government.

Illiterate!

And you wonder why you country's economy is in the shitters and there are no jobs for losers like yourself except to come on NL everyday spewing tribal gibberish crap.

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Sues DSS, Seeks Release From Detention by ISpiksDaTroof: 6:50pm On May 09, 2017
JideAmuGiaka:

The offence he is accused of is a bailable offence, why detain him since may. Let's be logical here.

N11BILLION ECONOMIC SABOTAGE IS A BAILABLE OFFENSE?! Are you drunk or just st*upid? Do you understand how much damage he caused and how is actions will continue to affect society for a long time to come?

I swear you Nigerians have such a low IQ its disgusting.
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Sues DSS, Seeks Release From Detention by Kx: 7:28pm On May 09, 2017
ISpiksDaTroof:
Thats not how it works. Did you read where the Court asked DSS to show "Probable Cause"? Litigation involves set rules and procedures.

Personally, I hope they keep him longer. His Lawer has basically argued that he admits committing the crime but that he was just trying to scam the NNPC. Well, he might call it a mere scam and the law calls it "economic sabotage" and thats what he should try to defend against not the nonsense this faux lawyer is trying to feed us.
Thanks for the insight
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Sues DSS, Seeks Release From Detention by oxygen247(m): 7:38pm On May 09, 2017
ISpiksDaTroof:

Oh so, " I was just trying to steal because I was owed"?! Well, guess what? It falls under "Economic Sabotage". The guy correcting you is right. Ifeayi Ubah doesn't write the laws; the Govt does. He can't dictate how he's to be charged.

You are having problems with comprehension..read the terms of the contract again
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Sues DSS, Seeks Release From Detention by oxygen247(m): 7:40pm On May 09, 2017
ISpiksDaTroof:

N11BILLION ECONOMIC SABOTAGE IS A BAILABLE OFFENSE?! Are you drunk or just st*upid? Do you understand how much damage he caused and how is actions will continue to affect society for a long time to come?

Mr high IQ, what will you call N13billion debt to a hardworking individual by government agency ?

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Sues DSS, Seeks Release From Detention by oxygen247(m): 7:44pm On May 09, 2017
ISpiksDaTroof:

Illiterate!

And you wonder why you country's economy is in the shitters and there are no jobs for losers like yourself except to come on NL everyday spewing tribal gibberish crap.

And you are supporting a useless government that can not create job to stifle a company that has created more than 5000 direct jobs because of political difference.

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Sues DSS, Seeks Release From Detention by sapele914(m): 9:04pm On May 09, 2017
junkiesneverdie:
that is the problem I have with Nigeria, people that stole NNPC Money are still roaming free and now Ifeanyi Ubah who is a hard working business man is the one they want to frustrate...
who told you, read the press and be more objective rather than based on your internet tribalism cos I know in real life you don't have the balls to open your bigotry mouth in an intellectual setting. They have sacked his conspirators in NNPC,hard working business man or a shady oil trader?Go and do your research and find out the Hausa Brothers that have billions of Naira behind capital oil and gas and you would shut your mouth and realize that ifeanyi uba understands the game of wazobia and not a tribal bigot like you.
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Sues DSS, Seeks Release From Detention by sapele914(m): 9:17pm On May 09, 2017
oxygen247:

And you are supporting a useless government that can not create job to stifle a company that has created more than 5000 direct jobs because of political difference.
You are at best a youth corper without a job,maybe you studied zoology like your former president fortunatus thereby making yourself almost unemployable unless there are open job vacancies at Ibadan zoo,Were are the 5,000 jobs?In Apapa or Nnewi?, I thought he had joined APC?
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Sues DSS, Seeks Release From Detention by nwabobo: 9:25pm On May 09, 2017
ISpiksDaTroof:

Reread the post you quote, read it over and over again perhaps a chance will occur for it to make sense to you.
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Sues DSS, Seeks Release From Detention by sapele914(m): 9:31pm On May 09, 2017
oxygen247:

Mr high IQ, what will you call N13billion debt to a hardworking individual by government agency ?

Don't tell me your that daft to believe uba's lawyer that NNPC is owing him money,his lawyers claim the case is in court but capital oil has taken the law into their own hands by going to sell petroleum products NNPC gave them to store,doesn't Uba have some AMCON debt issues,has uba paid Cosmos Maduka of Coscharis the 15 billion Naira he is owing him?the same special fraud unit, dss and efcc uba used under pdp to intimidate his business partners are the same ones hunting him today,immunity is over.
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Sues DSS, Seeks Release From Detention by JideAmuGiaka: 9:31pm On May 09, 2017
ISpiksDaTroof:

I am not surprised it is the way you were brought up.

A suspect should not be taken to court for trial but locked up in DSS room. Continue insulting yourself.
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Sues DSS, Seeks Release From Detention by Langbasa: 9:53pm On May 09, 2017
Lightening consume efcc officials amen.
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Sues DSS, Seeks Release From Detention by jude90(m): 11:31pm On May 09, 2017
Ifeanyi Ubah have you seen that you can never please this people? after all your good efforts look at how they are treating you. Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Sues DSS, Seeks Release From Detention by jude90(m): 9:01am On May 10, 2017
Nigeria is a great country
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Sues DSS, Seeks Release From Detention by ISpiksDaTroof: 10:52am On May 10, 2017
oxygen247:

I would say : "If the man's name is Ifeanyi Ubah, he's most likely lying and the Government Agency doesn't owe him anything close to that amount because he's known to do anything for a quick buck".
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Sues DSS, Seeks Release From Detention by ISpiksDaTroof: 10:54am On May 10, 2017
oxygen247:

You are having problems with comprehension..read the terms of the contract again

Your contract is not worth more than the paper its written on if its in violation of the law. And a statement by the defendant's lawyer does not equal "The contract", you haven't seen the agreement to make this claim.
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Sues DSS, Seeks Release From Detention by ISpiksDaTroof: 12:43pm On May 10, 2017
oxygen247:

Who has a political difference with you? Are you ok?
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Sues DSS, Seeks Release From Detention by ISpiksDaTroof: 12:44pm On May 10, 2017
JideAmuGiaka:

I am not surprised it is the way you were brought up.

A suspect should not be taken to court for trial but locked up in DSS room. Continue insulting yourself.

I was brought up in a country where the rule of law is supreme. Where were you brought up?
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Sues DSS, Seeks Release From Detention by PrinxArthur1(m): 3:24pm On May 15, 2017
Jetleeee:

To meet your pops? grin
u mean ur papa?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

6 Things To Do Before Starting A Business / Reasons Tinuade Sanda Was Fired - Signal NG / Is GTBank Forcing Customers To Open Current Accounts?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.