Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Why It Is In The Best Interest Of The SS/SE Never To Support A Yoruba Candidacy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why It Is In The Best Interest Of The SS/SE Never To Support A Yoruba Candidacy (1120 Views)

Lyon's Victory And An Imaginary Political Alliance Between The SS/SW / Osun Poll: See Why The Candidacy Of Adeoti/adeolu May Be The Best For Osun State / Will The SS/SE Vote Osinbanjo In 2019 Or Repay Yoruba Treachery? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why It Is In The Best Interest Of The SS/SE Never To Support A Yoruba Candidacy by BlowBack: 12:07pm On May 10, 2017
Whether as VP or substantial President, the better south will do better never to support a Yoruba candidacy to ASO rock in whatever capacity.

The reoccurring formula in Nigerian Politics is that there must be a northerner in the equation (preferably a hausa fulani muslim) either as President or Vice President.

The Yorubas knowing that they can never ever smell power again after Obasanjo have keyed into this equation and were and are still ready to play second fiddle to the north in order to have a stake at the centre.

The Yoruba preferred political stratagem is a North - SW ticket and they have gotten it with Obasanjo and now Osinbanjo.

They are now appealing to the SS/SE for support to continue this arrangement in 2019 with a possible Osinbanjo Presidency with a northern VP.

This arrangement will be no different than the disastrous Buhari -Osinbanjo presidency to both the SS and SE.

Our best bet is to settle for the VP position and support a substantive northern Presidency.

At least with this arrangement either the SS or SE is guaranteed a foot into Aso Rock.

If the Yorubas are pained about this just simply remind them of their backstabbing of a fellow southern President in the last election.

We dey learn treachery work for una hand now since that is all una sabi and by 2019 it will be another Ab0ki with either a SS or SE as deputy

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why It Is In The Best Interest Of The SS/SE Never To Support A Yoruba Candidacy by Nobody: 12:11pm On May 10, 2017
Asking
Re: Why It Is In The Best Interest Of The SS/SE Never To Support A Yoruba Candidacy by Khd95(m): 12:23pm On May 10, 2017
wailer Jonathan had the opportunity, he mis used it, ure now crying bitterly....mtcheeew

1 Like

Re: Why It Is In The Best Interest Of The SS/SE Never To Support A Yoruba Candidacy by BlowBack: 12:26pm On May 10, 2017
Khd95:
wailer Jonathan had the opportunity, he mis used it, ure now crying bitterly....mtcheeew

we will deny your osinbanjo or any yoruba for that matter henceforth the opportunity of smelling aso rock

after 2019 elections we go begin see iPoo (indeginious people of odua)

9 Likes

Re: Why It Is In The Best Interest Of The SS/SE Never To Support A Yoruba Candidacy by ExplorerReturns(m): 12:46pm On May 10, 2017
I don't think this is necessary

1 Like

Re: Why It Is In The Best Interest Of The SS/SE Never To Support A Yoruba Candidacy by Sammy07: 1:09pm On May 10, 2017
lemme Tell you the truth,,,

if you don't support some tribes, you won't also get support too....

you aren't even unity to support each other not to talk of the support of other tribes...

or you think to win the presidency, you think you can do it alone....

Remove your hate against other tribes then you'll get support,
even the ticket will either SS/SW or SE / SW or North / SW...

3 Likes

Re: Why It Is In The Best Interest Of The SS/SE Never To Support A Yoruba Candidacy by Sammy07: 1:14pm On May 10, 2017
even if Yoruba present a candidate, If Hausa support the Yoruba then it doesn't matter if you support or not..

or do you think you have a Say in Nigeria politics.... Stop dreaming moreover you people don't know how to play politics...

it's the support that the north gave to the SW that's why the SW gave back the support to them....

If the North and SW combines and say you won't be voted for president till 2050,,, guys just accept so as to not waste your money

Do to others what you want them to do to you

3 Likes

Re: Why It Is In The Best Interest Of The SS/SE Never To Support A Yoruba Candidacy by argon500: 1:18pm On May 10, 2017
To be honest with you, we are not even interested in the presidency. As long our governors, senators and house of rep members are performing, make una keep una support to unaself.

We sabi play the game called "Politics"

Proudly Afon.ja

7 Likes

Re: Why It Is In The Best Interest Of The SS/SE Never To Support A Yoruba Candidacy by Omoluabi16(m): 1:33pm On May 10, 2017
It isn't about getting nigeria out of our deep mess these days. Its about having 'my brother' there. your best bet so an ss/se will STEP FOOT in aso rock. Your mindset is worrisome. Since 1960 we have had a Yoruba, hausa, and Ijaw president. We have had V.Ps of various ethnic extraction. What has changed? nothing. who has gotten richer with crazy wealth? the tinubu's, the Orji's the abacha's dokubo, ibori, Obj et.al. Look beyond tribe/religion. You may not support prof osinbajo, but do not let tribe/religion determine how you cast your vote in 2019.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is In The Best Interest Of The SS/SE Never To Support A Yoruba Candidacy by Basic123: 1:57pm On May 10, 2017
BlowBack:
Whether as VP or substantial President, the better south will do better never to support a Yoruba candidacy to ASO rock in whatever capacity.

The reoccurring formula in Nigerian Politics is that there must be a northerner in the equation (preferably a hausa fulani muslim) either as President or Vice President.

The Yorubas knowing that they can never ever smell power again after Obasanjo have keyed into this equation and were and are still ready to play second fiddle to the north in order to have a stake at the centre.

The Yoruba preferred political stratagem is a North - SW ticket and they have gotten it with Obasanjo and now Osinbanjo.

They are now appealing to the SS/SE for support to continue this arrangement in 2019 with a possible Osinbanjo Presidency with a northern VP.

This arrangement will be no different than the disastrous Buhari -Osinbanjo presidency to both the SS and SE.

Our best bet is to settle for the VP position and support a substantive northern Presidency.

At least with this arrangement either the SS or SE is guaranteed a foot into Aso Rock.

If the Yorubas are pained about this just simply remind them of their backstabbing of a fellow southern President in the last election.

We dey learn treachery work for una hand now since that is all una sabi and by 2019 it will be another Ab0ki with either a SS or SE as deputy

my brother you are the one that is pained here.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is In The Best Interest Of The SS/SE Never To Support A Yoruba Candidacy by Basic123: 1:59pm On May 10, 2017
argon500:
To be honest with you, we are not even interested in the presidency. As long our governors, senators and house of rep members are performing, make una keep una support to unaself.

Proudly Afon.ja
They couldn't even survive just 2yrs in opposition.
Re: Why It Is In The Best Interest Of The SS/SE Never To Support A Yoruba Candidacy by argon500: 2:21pm On May 10, 2017
Basic123:
They couldn't even survive just 2yrs in opposition.

I tire oo.. Who presidency epp? Obasanjo was a former president for good 8 years, Sango dilapidated road is still there till today.
Re: Why It Is In The Best Interest Of The SS/SE Never To Support A Yoruba Candidacy by obailala(m): 2:27pm On May 10, 2017
BlowBack:

Only thing I picked from this long wailing epistle is that everyone aspires to be 'slaves' to the north; the very thing you accuse the SW of is what you now advocate for.

...and the funny thing about this cat and mouse game is that it has been going on like this since 1960 (though many people have chosen to be ignorant of this). Both sides (SW vs SE) have been BACKSTABBING each other (permit me to borrow your word) to the benefit of the north in every major election since the 60's. But it seems the SE (or rather some pained immature kids from the SE) have refused to recover from the result of 2015. Now see this one advocating for the 'backstabbing' to continue to the benefit of the north and I'm sure he thinks this is wisdom...

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is In The Best Interest Of The SS/SE Never To Support A Yoruba Candidacy by BlowBack: 9:28am On May 12, 2017
obailala:
Only thing I picked from this long wailing epistle is that everyone aspires to be 'slaves' to the north; the very thing you accuse the SW of is what you now advocate for.

At the bolded: what do you mean by accuse the SW?

The very same SW betrayed the south by entering an alliance with the north and you are claiming it is a mere accusation?

You yorubas never seem to amaze me with your hypocrisy!

As long as the structure of Nigeria remains as it is, the north will be the deciding factor!

So if the SS/SE decide to support a northerner come 2019 how is that any different from what you rascals did in 2015?

At least since 1999 up till 2015, the Yoruba political bloc chose to remain in opposition in order to satisfy Tinubu's greed. Was Obasanjo not a Yoruba man who got a resounding support from both the SS and SE both in 1999 and in 2003?

When you guys even claim that you voted GEJ, I sometimes wonder if you forgot that Osun voted for Ribadu and GEJ never had a resounding margin in other SW states just as he recorded in the SS, SE and Middle-belt.

You guys should just get ready to go back permanently to your opposition come 2019 if you dare field that fake pastor.

4 Likes

Re: Why It Is In The Best Interest Of The SS/SE Never To Support A Yoruba Candidacy by BlowBack: 9:33am On May 12, 2017
argon500:

Proudly Afon.ja

Same set of arseholes that have bankrupted virtually all states in the SW with unaccountable debt?

Lagos is not represent the entire poverty encroached SW!

1 Like

Re: Why It Is In The Best Interest Of The SS/SE Never To Support A Yoruba Candidacy by IgboAmakaa(f): 9:33am On May 12, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why It Is In The Best Interest Of The SS/SE Never To Support A Yoruba Candidacy by sunnysunny69(m): 9:34am On May 12, 2017
Payment
Re: Why It Is In The Best Interest Of The SS/SE Never To Support A Yoruba Candidacy by BlowBack: 9:42am On May 12, 2017
sunnysunny69:
We don't need SE vote, if we do we will pay them for it.

Aregbe Odorless Fufu and 100 Naira recharge card plus miserly packs of rice only works in the poverty encrusted SW.

I was at Akure during the last election and I was shocked to see matured able bodied men standing in queue to vote APC for paltry 5k.

When APC saw that they had already clinched the election the price for votes crashed to 2k.

Pls post one single pic of packaged foodstuffs meant for voter enticement for the SS and SE voters?

Person wey never chop nah im won come buy vote?

Abi you think say aregbe odourless fufu scam go work for SS and SE?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1601928_stomach_infrastructure_jpeg4eca6807aeebc71427c71698342d4cfe

[img]http://favourafolabi.files./2014/07/aregbe-rice2.jpg?w=1008[/img]

1 Like

Re: Why It Is In The Best Interest Of The SS/SE Never To Support A Yoruba Candidacy by obailala(m): 10:49am On May 12, 2017
BlowBack:

At the bolded: what do you mean by accuse the SW?

The very same SW betrayed the south by entering an alliance with the north and you are claiming it is a mere accusation?

You yorubas never seem to amaze me with your hypocrisy!

As long as the structure of Nigeria remains as it is, the north will be the deciding factor!

So if the SS/SE decide to support a northerner come 2019 how is that any different from what you rascals did in 2015?

At least since 1999 up till 2015, the Yoruba political bloc chose to remain in opposition in order to satisfy Tinubu's greed. Was Obasanjo not a Yoruba man who got a resounding support from both the SS and SE both in 1999 and in 2003?

When you guys even claim that you voted GEJ, I sometimes wonder if you forgot that Osun voted for Ribadu and GEJ never had a resounding margin in other SW states just as he recorded in the SS, SE and Middle-belt.

You guys should just get ready to go back permanently to your opposition come 2019 if you dare field that fake pastor.
There's something called politics, and in politics, there are no permanent friends, but only permanent interests. In a political arena, people go for choices they feel would butter their bread. In 2011, majority from the SW voted Jonathan believing their bread would be buttered. But after 4 years, they did not seem to get what they anticipated, so they switched sides in 2015 and supported the other guy (GMB) whom they rejected completely in 2011. The middle-belt states also did exactly the same, 2011 = Jonathan, 2015 = Buhari.

Now I'm struggling to understand what's dishonourable in what the SW or middle-belt between 2011=>2015, maybe you can educate me. Had it been there was any particular agreement or any pact signed between the southern zones to support fellow southerners, then one may be inclined to think it was ignoble for SW or middle-belt to switch support in 2015. But to the best of my knowledge, no such agreement or pact exists; even the way we have 19 northern governors' forum, I'm not aware of anything called southern governors forum.

If you still think it is a treacherous and ignoble thing for a southern zone to support a northern candidate over a fellow southerner, then maybe you should be reminded that the SE is also very much guilty of this very treachery (as you label it). I may not be good in political history, but without going too far, I think the SE supported Shagari over Awolowo in 1979 (probably cos of Ekwueme being in the ticket); similarly, the SE in 1993 gave more votes to Bashir Tofa over Abiola in 1993 (probably cos of Sylvester Ugoh). Now if my history serves me right, the SE has been more guilty of this thing you loosely or ignorantly call treachery. I wasn't born in 1979, so I wouldn't be able to tell if the SW kept crying over the loss of Awolowo for over 2 years+ after the election (as is the case today in Nigeria) and calling the SE betrayers of the south.

Now because you think the SW voting a northern candidate in 2015 is treachery/betrayal, so in your manifold wisdom, the best thing you think the SE should do in 2019 is to support any northerner to spite the SW; spiting the SW now seems a bigger-better priority than selecting whoever is a candidate that may favour the SE?.. I'm sorry but this has to be the purest evidence of immaturity.

Do you know exactly what you are doing?... You are whining and wailing like a little child, a child probably deprived of lollipops or akara balls. The only unfortunate thing here is that there are a multitude of others from the SE today (both adults and teens) who keep embarrassing the Igbo nation by sharing your exact thoughts.

3 Likes

Re: Why It Is In The Best Interest Of The SS/SE Never To Support A Yoruba Candidacy by ModsWillKillNL: 11:02am On May 12, 2017
sunnysunny69:
We don't need SE vote, if we do we will pay them for it.

Yes oooo
Re: Why It Is In The Best Interest Of The SS/SE Never To Support A Yoruba Candidacy by BlowBack: 11:33am On May 12, 2017
obailala:

There's something called politics, and in politics, there are no permanent friends, but only permanent interests.

You meant to state diplomacy and not politics and fyi politics is all about ideology and principles and not this cross-carpeting bullsh1t you have here in Nigeria.

A liberal politician is known for his or her liberal agenda. The same applies to conservatives.

In Europe and the west in general, political orientation is based on ideology. So you won't be finding certain set of people voting for any party or candidate based on populist support.

All your other insinuations are bullshit !
Re: Why It Is In The Best Interest Of The SS/SE Never To Support A Yoruba Candidacy by obailala(m): 11:54am On May 12, 2017
BlowBack:

You meant to state diplomacy and not politics and fyi politics is all about ideology and principles and not this cross-carpeting bullsh1t you have here in Nigeria.

A liberal politician is known for his or her liberal agenda. The same applies to conservatives.

In Europe and the west in general, political orientation is based on ideology. So you won't be finding certain set of people voting for any party or candidate based on populist support.

All your other insinuations are bullshit !
I'm not sure I quite understand what connection this your response has with the things I mentioned. If you could be kind enough to point out the things I said which are false (or bullshit) from a commonsensical or logical point of view, that would be nice.

And sorry, I was talking about politics, not diplomacy. Politics is politics all over the world and it's all about interests. A politician has interests which he believes his ideology would help him achieve. But the point I made wasnt even about government or politics, it rather was about common interests of a group of people.
Re: Why It Is In The Best Interest Of The SS/SE Never To Support A Yoruba Candidacy by BlowBack: 12:08pm On May 12, 2017
obailala:
I'm not sure I quite understand what connection this your response has with the things I mentioned. If you could be kind enough to point out the things I said which are false (or bullshit) from a commonsensical or logical point of view, that would be nice.

And sorry, I was talking about politics, not diplomacy. Politics is politics all over the world and it's all about interests. A politician has interests which he believes his ideology would help him achieve. But the point I made wasnt even about government or politics, it rather was about common interests of a group of people.

Politics is not all about getting office but a means to setting your agenda into place.

You highlighted that Politics is all about bargaining with no permanent foe or enemy and I corrected you that you meant to stay diplomacy which that phrase was coined for.

Can a Conservative American see eye to eye with a Communist? Hell no

Can a liberal Germany see eye to eye with ultra-Nationalists? Hell No
Re: Why It Is In The Best Interest Of The SS/SE Never To Support A Yoruba Candidacy by obailala(m): 12:11pm On May 12, 2017
BlowBack:

Politics is not all about getting office but a means to setting your agenda into place.

You highlighted that Politics is all about bargaining with no permanent foe or enemy and I corrected you that you meant to stay diplomacy which that phrase was coined for.

Can a Conservative American see eye to eye with a Communist? Hell no

Can a liberal Germany see eye to eye with ultra-Nationalists? Hell No
Okay corrections taken, enough of the 'government 101' lectures. Can we now go back to the main issues I pointed out in your write-up?
Re: Why It Is In The Best Interest Of The SS/SE Never To Support A Yoruba Candidacy by Shawnnn01: 12:11pm On May 12, 2017
A
Re: Why It Is In The Best Interest Of The SS/SE Never To Support A Yoruba Candidacy by Shawnnn01: 3:57pm On May 12, 2017
BlowBack:

When you say the beta south please never in your life include the se, that my brother is the more disgraceful south. SS is the richer south and the SW is the promise south (promise land) judging how various Igbo clans tribes and households have been running away and trooping in from their father given cursed red enclave. Is it not crazy you regard where they run to for glory restitution and success as anything else than the beta south.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

On May 30th Biafra Remembrance Day, I'll Remember My Uncle Starved By Awolowo / PHOTOS: Igbo Community Leaders From 19 Northern State Visit Gov El Rufai / Chaos As Fani Kayode Explodes, Nigeria Not A Free Country, Release List Of Polit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.