Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,027 members, 7,866,873 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 07:22 AM

Is Notice To Quit Valid If Issued 4 Months Before The Rent Expires - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Is Notice To Quit Valid If Issued 4 Months Before The Rent Expires (340 Views)

My Landlord Wants To Evict Me Before My Rent Expires / I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me / I Just Spent 1year And The Landlady Served Me Notice To Quit. What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Notice To Quit Valid If Issued 4 Months Before The Rent Expires by ayokujero: 12:15pm On May 10, 2017
I am seeking advice from any legal advisers regarding a "Notice to Quit" issued 4 months before the expiration of tenancy.

Though as stated in the Law that a 6 months notice to quit must be given to a yearly tenant, however it was not clearly stated if it has to be issued before or on the eve of the expiration of the tenancy (I might be wrong with this interpretation).

Kindly advice me what to do, as this imply am just given 2 months extra on my tenancy.
Re: Is Notice To Quit Valid If Issued 4 Months Before The Rent Expires by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:57pm On May 10, 2017
ayokujero:
I am seeking advice from any legal advisers regarding a "Notice to Quit" issued 4 months before the expiration of tenancy.

Though as stated in the Law that a 6 months notice to quit must be given to a yearly tenant, however it was not clearly stated if it has to be issued before or on the eve of the expiration of the tenancy (I might be wrong with this interpretation).

Kindly advice me what to do, as this imply am just given 2 months extra on my tenancy.

Have you talked to the landlord?! It could be A) he needs his apt/house back and doesn't want to rent it any longer or B) he wanna make sure that if you don't RENEW/PAY at the end of your tenancy, you will have max 2 months to gtfot.

Smart move by the landlord

(1) (Reply)

3 And 2 Bedroom Bungalow In A Developed Estate For Sale At Kubwa, Abuja, FCT. / How To Merge Real Estate With Laundry/drycleaning Business / Get A Plot Of Land At Agbara And Owode Ofada @ 500k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.