Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,995 members, 7,835,336 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

What You Need To Know About Vitiligo - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What You Need To Know About Vitiligo (23457 Views)

Cute Ugandan Boy With Blue Eyes And Vitiligo (Photos) / Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) / Bride-to-be Develops Vitiligo (skin Disorder) Months Before Her Wedding (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What You Need To Know About Vitiligo by phanshark(m): 11:39am On May 11, 2017
sukkot:
bro lol, its spiritual death not physical death. you do know there are some dead people walking amongst us right ? they call them the walking dead. zombies. death doesnt always have to be physical you know ?
just Google vitiligo & maybe it will cure ur spiritual blindnes grin
sukkot:
bro lol, its spiritual death not physical death. you do know there are some dead people walking amongst us right ? they call them the walking dead. zombies. death doesnt always have to be physical you know ?
just Google vitiligo & maybe it will cure ur spiritual blindnes

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Vitiligo by Onyenna(m): 11:41am On May 11, 2017
Khutie:
...and that's how my roommate geh vitiligo for him prick o... Even me tell am xay na infection buh him doctor proved me wrong. Mua still can't understand why the tin come leave him whole body to him small dick grin ..

illitrate:
omg this kain thing just start on my prick head what can I do? shocked shocked shocked

Roommates.....

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Vitiligo by ImaIma1(f): 11:42am On May 11, 2017
sukkot:
when micheal jackson had vitiligo is when he fell off the wall and got lost in the thriller night as a werewolf

Epic crap!

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Vitiligo by sukkot: 11:42am On May 11, 2017
phanshark:
death start spiritually b4 physically & ur conclusion on this matter is wrong.there people that go to church & even work in the workforce that there hart is far far from God,& there are some that even rebel against God that doesn't hv vitiligo,so what do u say about them?
Vitiligo is said to be a genetic disorders that affect the pigmentation of the skin colour,which there many things that triggers it,such as stress, bad diet & some are even inherited (born like that). So it doesn't min that if a person hv vitiligo is sign of evil.
ahhh OK I see where you took offence. i said it was symbolic meaning that person is being used to make a statement. the statement is being made to those with eyes to see. so basically the person with vitiligo is like a walking advertisement for those with eyes to see. meaning not every spiritually dead person will have it. just the message board wink
Re: What You Need To Know About Vitiligo by sukkot: 11:43am On May 11, 2017
ImaIma1:

Epic crap!
wasnt crap cuz you responded to it. lol. i am sure you dont waste your time responding to crap
Re: What You Need To Know About Vitiligo by sukkot: 11:44am On May 11, 2017
phanshark:
just Google vitiligo & maybe it will cure ur spiritual blindnes grin just Google vitiligo & maybe it will cure ur spiritual blindnes
i know what vitiligo is, but you know the spiritual controls everything physical. am speaking to you on the spiritual plane wink
Re: What You Need To Know About Vitiligo by sukkot: 11:45am On May 11, 2017
khalifahsparkles:

what brand of weed do you take?
the brand you gave me undecided
Re: What You Need To Know About Vitiligo by Olibboy: 11:53am On May 11, 2017
u b dudu turn white
Re: What You Need To Know About Vitiligo by Nobody: 11:55am On May 11, 2017
sukkot:
the brand you gave me undecided

grin you must have added something else. because the effect on you is so strong
Re: What You Need To Know About Vitiligo by sukkot: 11:55am On May 11, 2017
khalifahsparkles:

grin you must have added something else. because the effect on you is so strong
grin grin
Re: What You Need To Know About Vitiligo by Jetland(m): 12:12pm On May 11, 2017
magazineguy:
This right here is Winnie Harlow, a Canadian model, spokesperson and activist. She gained fame and popularity as one of the participants on the 21st Edition of the Television series America’s Next Top Model. She is well-known for her prominent form of the skin condition – vitiligo.

Vitiligo is a condition where pale and white patches develop on the skin due to insufficient melanocytes that produce melanin. Lack of the pigment melanin in the integument causes vitiligo. Melanin is produced by cells called melanocytes and it is responsible for giving the skin its colour – black, white, plum e.t.c.

Vitiligo is not limited to one particular part of the dermis; it can affect any area of the skin. It commonly occurs on the face (around the mouth and eyes), neck, hands (fingers and wrists), armpits, pubic region and even in skin creases- palmar especially.

The thin dermis is more vulnerable to sunburn so it is necessary to be precautious when in the sun. Lack of melanin in these vulnerable areas can turn the hair volume to white or grey.

A common characteristic is the fact that it does not cause dryness and discomfort but the patches may get scratchy once in a while.

Vitiligo varies from person to person. The patches are wider and not evenly distributed. Other people get small and thinner white patches that meet across larger parts on the skin.

Vitiligo is triggered by some events such as stress especially during childbirth, skin damage such as severe suburn or lesion (cut). A common trigger is the one of chemicals, especially those that work in chemical sites and laboratories.

It can never be contacted by touch or transmitted as an infection.

Vitiligo could be diagnosed;

there is a history of it in the family.
there is a history of other autoimmune conditions in the family.

source; http://tushmagazine.com.ng/understanding-vitiligo-melanin-failure/

ccu
lalasticala, dominique, mynd44
I learned that it occurs when the body cells see one another as threats thereby fighting one another.
Re: What You Need To Know About Vitiligo by Nobody: 12:16pm On May 11, 2017
sukkot:
vitiligo is symbolic death. means you are dying spiritually
Brother, I take God beg u, go borrow sense.

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Vitiligo by SIRmanjar(m): 12:34pm On May 11, 2017
sukkot:
vitiligo is symbolic death. means you are dying spiritually
Are you ohk?Which kain rubbish talk be dis na?How do you want anyone that has vitiligo to feel after reading the crap you wrote?
No be evrytin them they use joke.
Re: What You Need To Know About Vitiligo by Abdul124(m): 12:37pm On May 11, 2017
Dat y u always need to be thankin God for ur life
celestialAgent:
Ordinary Skin rash, my BP no balance, and this one is talking Vitiligo

KOJUMARIBI!
Re: What You Need To Know About Vitiligo by celestialAgent(m): 12:51pm On May 11, 2017
Abdul124:
Dat y u always need to be thankin God for ur life
May the Lord be praised.
Re: What You Need To Know About Vitiligo by Uchwilliam(m): 1:00pm On May 11, 2017
Michael Jackson suffered from this disease. People thought he bleached
Re: What You Need To Know About Vitiligo by Nobody: 1:09pm On May 11, 2017
magazineguy:
This right here is Winnie Harlow, a Canadian model, spokesperson and activist. She gained fame and popularity as one of the participants on the 21st Edition of the Television series America’s Next Top Model. She is well-known for her prominent form of the skin condition – vitiligo.

Vitiligo is a condition where pale and white patches develop on the skin due to insufficient melanocytes that produce melanin. Lack of the pigment melanin in the integument causes vitiligo. Melanin is produced by cells called melanocytes and it is responsible for giving the skin its colour – black, white, plum e.t.c.

Vitiligo is not limited to one particular part of the dermis; it can affect any area of the skin. It commonly occurs on the face (around the mouth and eyes), neck, hands (fingers and wrists), armpits, pubic region and even in skin creases- palmar especially.

The thin dermis is more vulnerable to sunburn so it is necessary to be precautious when in the sun. Lack of melanin in these vulnerable areas can turn the hair volume to white or grey.

A common characteristic is the fact that it does not cause dryness and discomfort but the patches may get scratchy once in a while.

Vitiligo varies from person to person. The patches are wider and not evenly distributed. Other people get small and thinner white patches that meet across larger parts on the skin.

Vitiligo is triggered by some events such as stress especially during childbirth, skin damage such as severe suburn or lesion (cut). A common trigger is the one of chemicals, especially those that work in chemical sites and laboratories.

It can never be contacted by touch or transmitted as an infection.

Vitiligo could be diagnosed;

there is a history of it in the family.
there is a history of other autoimmune conditions in the family.

source; http://tushmagazine.com.ng/understanding-vitiligo-melanin-failure/

cc
lalasticala, dominique, mynd44

Vitiligo can be corrected ...she chose not to
Re: What You Need To Know About Vitiligo by iamlynn(f): 1:32pm On May 11, 2017
nurshah:

Vitiligo can be corrected ...she chose not to
how can it be corrected cos I also av vitiligo?
Re: What You Need To Know About Vitiligo by Ikenna17(m): 1:38pm On May 11, 2017
iamlynn:
how can it be corrected cos I also av vitiligo?
You should see a dermatologist, I was prescribed Bethnovate N(a corticosteroid cream) and Vit-E supplement so far there's a steady sign of progress
Re: What You Need To Know About Vitiligo by Brymo: 2:35pm On May 11, 2017
maxiuc:
old nigga you really watched that program

Sun set beach what I love most is the theme song

How time flies
lolz, it is the old, that can affirmatively call the old, old. Good day, pal.
Re: What You Need To Know About Vitiligo by noblealuu: 3:17pm On May 11, 2017
frenzyduchess:
hydrocortisone cream saved my face, and I was lucky I acted on time,it doesn't even show that it once appeared there smiley
Hello who recommended the cream for you? am battling with few patches already. Am seeing a Dermatologist at the moment....using Dermovate ( A small tube-like cream).
Re: What You Need To Know About Vitiligo by Certitude(m): 3:28pm On May 11, 2017
Fifthcolumnist:
Nobody is talking about re-vitiligo- from white to black? Uncle Rockus will be terribly offended

grin
LOL.
Re: What You Need To Know About Vitiligo by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 11, 2017
noblealuu:
Hello who recommended the cream for you? am battling with few patches already. Am seeing a Dermatologist at the moment....using Dermovate ( A small tube-like cream).
a doctor in my school back thenl
Re: What You Need To Know About Vitiligo by Nobody: 4:51pm On May 11, 2017
Fifthcolumnist:
Nobody is talking about re-vitiligo- from white to black? Uncle Rockus will be terribly offended

grin
Lol, uncle rockus, the black racist. I love that cartoon jor.

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Vitiligo by Nobody: 4:54pm On May 11, 2017
Jetland:

I learned that it occurs when the body cells see one another as threats thereby fighting one another.
Who tell u that one again. I wonder were people get their info from.
Re: What You Need To Know About Vitiligo by blank(f): 5:19pm On May 11, 2017
frenzyduchess:
hydrocortisone cream saved my face, and I was lucky I acted on time,it doesn't even show that it once appeared there smiley

That one na eczema. Vitiligo has no cure.

2 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Vitiligo by vickylincon(m): 5:23pm On May 11, 2017
Khutie:
...and that's how my roommate geh vitiligo for him prick o... Even me tell am xay na infection buh him doctor proved me wrong. Mua still can't understand why the tin come leave him whole body to him small dick grin ..
you b gay ni
Re: What You Need To Know About Vitiligo by MEILYN(m): 6:25pm On May 11, 2017
sukkot:
grin grin Obama is out of office and we are in 2017 now sir.
Re: What You Need To Know About Vitiligo by sukkot: 6:30pm On May 11, 2017
MEILYN:
grin grin Obama is out of office and we are in 2017 now sir.
brah this thing is deeper than i thought. now even though trump is in office ? he is not who we think he is. characters are playing different roles. but the story is still unfolding. am telling ya bro, it is still unfolding. i misjudged it into thinking characters are based on phenotypes but i found out that is not the case. the story is deeper. but everything is still on track but just not as i envisioned it to be with regards to the characters in play. you do know the WW3 drums are beating very hard as we speak right ? whats good with ya MEILYN ? wink
Re: What You Need To Know About Vitiligo by Nobody: 9:19pm On May 11, 2017
blank:

That one na eczema. Vitiligo has no cure.
I suggest you google about vitiligo and the cream before quoting out of ignorance, till date I still have patches on my leg,and mind you ,I was diagnosed by a doctor.I dont know why people like you always claim to know what they have no idea of,and by the way vitiligo is hyper pigmentation, so all the cream does is to help the area secret more melanin,like someone said up there, it is a corticosteroid cream

2 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Vitiligo by multicolored(f): 9:25pm On May 11, 2017
Have this but mine is not as big as hers. I remember one time a girl insulted me because of it, calling me "bleaching gone wrong"....anyway thank God am getting used to it now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos: Governor Fashola Hosts Some Ebola Survivors / The 5 Stages Of Tooth Decay Progression / Private Labs In Lagos To Conduct COVID-19 Tests, To Cost Between 40,000-50,400

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.