Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,750 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Today May 11th Is "Bob Marley Day" I Showed The Legend Some Respect (photos) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Today May 11th Is "Bob Marley Day" I Showed The Legend Some Respect (photos) (2994 Views)

Waje: Why I Showed The Other Side Of Me / Is Bob Ogbuagu Late? / Today Is Bob Marley 72nd Posthumous Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Today May 11th Is "Bob Marley Day" I Showed The Legend Some Respect (photos) by Nobody: 12:07pm On May 11, 2017
The day of his passing, May 11, is called Bob Marley Day and is widely celebrated by the younger generation of African youths. So I decided to celebrate and shows some respect to the legend.

He was awesome because he was a leader. Not just a singer or an artist.

And a critical component of any leader is his ability to influence the audiences.

This is what Bob was great at doing. Not only by his music. But also by his rebellious character and his troubled yet thrilling past. His lyrics and the passion in which performed were specifically influential. To many of those who listened to him, his words reminded them of the 'Gospel'. Yes, they were that powerful. They were the voice of the poor, the abused, the underprivileged, and all these are groups who represent vast sections of the global society which do not have a voice. Yet Bob Marley was there to speak for them, protest for them and carry their pains in his songs.

You can mostly see Bob's influence in his performance. Whether it was his style of expression or the initiatives he used to do on stage, the influence was clear. Let me give you an example:

Bob Marley's famous 'One Love Peace Concert' . It was a large concert held on April 22, 1978 at The National Stadium in Kingston, Jamaica.

This concert was held during a political civil war in Jamaica between opposing parties Jamaican Labour Party and the People's National Party. The concert came to its peak during Bob Marley & The Wailers' performance of "Jammin'", when Marley joined the hands of political rivals Michael Manley (PNP) and Edward Seaga (JLP).

Watch the an excerpt video of that moment here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Viy5TACuG8Q

The influence of Bob is all over the video. The way he dances (which is full of passion and far from being conventional) and the moment where he joins the hands of two staunch political opponents in Jamaica, on stage, in front of everyone.

Now tell me, isn't that awesome?

Re: Today May 11th Is "Bob Marley Day" I Showed The Legend Some Respect (photos) by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 11, 2017
Ya' man......... Rastaman!
Re: Today May 11th Is "Bob Marley Day" I Showed The Legend Some Respect (photos) by moblix: 2:56pm On May 11, 2017
U show d legend respect DAT means buy now u go dey above d ground leave b DAT ooo grin
Re: Today May 11th Is "Bob Marley Day" I Showed The Legend Some Respect (photos) by ZKOSOSO(m): 3:47pm On May 11, 2017
Whata gwan man... Ina we land...I and I feel aaiieereee....

Dem babylon politishiann fi sufferashion ina London Hospital..... I feel aireee...

There is a natural mystic flowing in d air.......
If u listen carefully now u will hear...
Some people who have to suffer...
some people who have to die don't ask me why..
Things are not always the way they seem to be naaa..!!
Bob Nesta Marley

The greatest Reggae Legend in History........love u meeeeen..!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2face Idibia's Sons, Nino And Zion Are Having A Life Time Fun In Dubai (photos) / This Is No Longer The Bobrisky You Use To Know / Man Holds On His Pregnant Wife, Check Out Her Backside In Maternity Photoshoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.