Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,727 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:00 PM

Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable (33344 Views)

Buhari To Bandits: "Surrender Or Face Disgraceful And Violent End" / Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North / Nnamdi Kanu On Igbos With Yoruba Pastors. (throwback Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by Basic123: 6:57pm On May 12, 2017
Ikechu0b:

After you show me one igbo traders image that was killed that your satanic animals of waste professed happened. Give me one image and I'll face am. Infact give us image and a name

I can give you images of yorubas slaughtered by ijaws few months by their militants.

Lastly, travel out of your villages and go get a brain. The tribe that reside in the land this occurred are not ijaws.
...You are still not facing your ijaw brothers now.

5 Likes

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by misano(m): 6:57pm On May 12, 2017
hammer6:
Honestly, even Yoruba and Hausa violent clash did not receive this much media.

We igbos are special.

A man murder his girlfriend and i share the blame just becos i speak same language.

They say he gave fake name but that fake name is the basis for blaming igbo.

Well, unlike wat the yoruba press are reporting, there is no fighting between igbo and Ijaw and there will never be such fighting.

Igbo and Ijaw are together destined for greatness. We will arouse their awakening.

Igbos and Ijaws we forever be together as long as OIL money is involved. The bitter truth.

2 Likes

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by maxti: 7:05pm On May 12, 2017
paramakina202:

Meaning there was no such attarck as been fabricated left and right?
Abeg do you live in Bayelsa?

As i stated.Some persons protested.This was Hijacked and some Business places were attacked. Including those of Bayelsans. Security operatives were quick to calm the situation.
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by misano(m): 7:09pm On May 12, 2017
hornyofife:
ijaw youths have been known to be very lazy and envious of igbos in their mist.

attack on igbos have been a reoccurring event. the lastest one is not different from the previous ones only that, ikwerre born tochukwu was used as an excuse to continue their attack.

the resentment is there and there is no need to sugarcoat it. that is why i prefer a biafra of only igbo(from igbo in benue,river,delta and iganke in edo state), ibibio, efix,ogoni and maybe igalas and idomas. the rest can go to hell. Shame!!!

http://www.thebreakingtimes.com/flash-igbo-traders-no-longer-safe-in-bayelsa-state/

One alleged Igbo man killed a Bayelsan girl and U don't want D Ijaws to pour D anger on other Igobos. Some Ijaws are truly lazy, but Y did U hav 2 describe all the Ijaws as lazy?

4 Likes

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by vislabraye(m): 7:15pm On May 12, 2017
hornyofife:
ijaw youths have been known to be very lazy and envious of igbos in their mist.

attack on igbos have been a reoccurring event. the lastest one is not different from the previous ones only that, ikwerre born tochukwu was used as an excuse to continue their attack.

the resentment is there and there is no need to sugarcoat it. that is why i prefer a biafra of only igbo(from igbo in benue,river,delta and iganke in edo state), ibibio, efix,ogoni and maybe igalas and idomas. the rest can go to hell. Shame!!!

http://www.thebreakingtimes.com/flash-igbo-traders-no-longer-safe-in-bayelsa-state/

I condemn the attack on the Igbos. It's wrong. But for you to now conclude that Ijaws are envious of Igbos is tribalistic. There was actually a murder and this led to the violence displayed by the youths. Don't you think u should also condemn the murder of that innocent girl?

2 Likes

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by Aniwura(m): 7:16pm On May 12, 2017
adem30:
Why is everybody going against Igbos in this country, Even their acclaimed Brothers

Because they are too anxious to make money then any other tribe in Nigeria. So try to look inward and check yourselves.
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by paramakina202: 7:16pm On May 12, 2017
maxti:

As i stated.Some persons protested.This was Hijacked and some Business places were attacked. Including those of Bayelsans. Security operatives were quick to calm the situation.
Thanks!
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by Made1414(m): 7:17pm On May 12, 2017
Donexy16:
ipods and their greed for wealth... Tufiakwa
Stupidity at the highest level..
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by Adebowale89(m): 7:18pm On May 12, 2017
hammer6:
Honestly, even Yoruba and Hausa violent clash did not receive this much media.

We igbos are special.

A man murder his girlfriend and i share the blame just becos i speak same language.

They say he gave fake name but that fake name is the basis for blaming igbo.

Well, unlike wat the yoruba press are reporting, there is no fighting between igbo and Ijaw and there will never be such fighting.

Igbo and Ijaw are together destined for greatness. We will arouse their awakening.

seems Yoruba is your nightmare. it rare to see your comment without seeing the mention of that great region

why not report your matter to the supreme being instead of this incessant crying?

4 Likes

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by Nobody: 7:24pm On May 12, 2017
Kondomatic:
The guy didn't kill the girl for ritual purpose
He did. Ask people in Bayelsa. He stabbed her and cut off her b**bs but she survived till d next day to tell d story b4 dyin in a clinic.

2 Likes

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by maxti: 7:27pm On May 12, 2017
paramakina202:

Thanks!

You welcome sir

1 Like

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by Kondomatic(m): 7:30pm On May 12, 2017
Beckino:
He did. Ask people in Bayelsa. He stabbed her and cut off her b**bs but she survived till d next day to tell d story b4 dyin in a clinic.
I have an uncle in Bayelsa, my lil sis is in Bayelsa. My source, the friend to the man that his shop was burnt is in Bayelsa.

I am not defending anybody, if you think they lied to me then prove it with one picture and I will beg the mods to delete this thread of mine.
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by Nobody: 7:43pm On May 12, 2017
Kondomatic:
I have an uncle in Bayelsa, my lil sis is in Bayelsa. My source, the friend to the man that his shop was burnt is in Bayelsa.
It's was my bro who told me. BTW wat was ur source's story nd did u hear of the igbo man dat used army officials to protect his mall?

I am not defending anybody, if you think they lied to me then prove it with one picture and I will beg the mods to delete this thread of mine.
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by kendological(m): 7:48pm On May 12, 2017
caleboxylic:

Thrash. Delta/Asaba igbo indeed. Do we have nsukka/Enugu Igbo too?. So egbema people are not Igbo again rather they answer Igbo names. Talk about only Ikwerre people that have denied their Igbo origin which we the great Igbo nation have accepted because they have nothing to offer Igbo nation both in human and natural resources.

Don't ever use that term delta Igbo again. Igbo is Igbo starting from umuezekohe in Benue down to Opobo.
on point!!!
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by Sanchez01: 7:54pm On May 12, 2017
hardywaltz:
The reactions of the Ijaws shows how envious they are of the Igbos coz the name Tochukwu doesn't necessarily mean the person is Igbo coz Ndoni people of Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni also bear such names likewise Etche and Asaba/Delta Igbos.

This is why anytime I hear these Ipobians including these envious Eastern Minority tribes (Ijaws Ikwerre, Urobho etc) in their fools paradise of Biafra I just laff at them coz they don't know how envious these people are.
Quite frankly, I didn't see the part where you mentioned Urhobo. I only read the first paragraph before quoting your post initially and I'll quickly point something to since you didn't know. Matty already schooled you about the geographic location of Urhoboland as opposed to your eastern view.

You foot soldiers just need to understand that you have a fundamental problem since you believe the world is jealous of you. Ideally, I am not supposed to dignify you with a response, but could you at least mention JUST ONE THING, perhaps a reason as to why the Urhobos would be jealous of the Igbos?

I have so many good Igbo friends but in all honesty, there is nothing in Igboland that is not in Urhobo, save for coal and gravel, instead of the typical, fertile, loamy soil. What you have, we have more. So, where is the envy coming from, biko?

5 Likes

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by kikake: 8:00pm On May 12, 2017
hardywaltz:
The reactions of the Ijaws shows how envious they are of the Igbos coz the name Tochukwu doesn't necessarily mean the person is Igbo coz Ndoni people of Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni also bear such names likewise Etche and Asaba/Delta Igbos.

This is why anytime I hear these Ipobians including these envious Eastern Minority tribes (Ijaws Ikwerre, Urobho etc) in their fools paradise of Biafra I just laff at them coz they don't know how envious these people are.

Mr Divide-and-rule-and-conquer for crude oil.

Parasite.
Ijaws are Biafrans. Igbos love Ijaws. Ijaws love Igbos. Both are intermixed by years of marriage.

You can go to commit the S-word for that.

1 Like

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by nigeriansvoice: 8:07pm On May 12, 2017
let there be peace, but justice, not jungle justice should be served.
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by Nobody: 8:11pm On May 12, 2017
Well deserved. Igbos have turned the world against themselves.

3 Likes

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by kikake: 8:12pm On May 12, 2017
VivianUdeogu:
Tonye, I concur with your write up. As much as you have condemned the irate Ijaw Youths, I expect you to also condemn Tochukwu and his fellow Igbo ritualist.

As an Ada Igbo myself, I am really troubled with the way Igbo youth are getting involved in Ogwu Ego. This has nothing to do with tribalism. We Igbos should tell ourselves the bitter truth.

Chai !! Nsogbu Dikwa !!

Tonye cut mugus like ya, caught you napping. Tonye brought this isolated incident to NL front page to tell Nigerians that Igbos and non-Igbos in the old eastern region are enemies.

Ogwu ego? Perhaps you are in it. It is not the tradition of the Igbo. In the first place, only ieediots believe that one can get rich through sacrificing the lives of others to make money. Only people like you could believe in, and peddle such falsehood to bring bad name to Igbos. Your being Igbo is most questionable.
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by slowice(m): 8:18pm On May 12, 2017
ONE NIGERIA!! OUR ONENESS has never been more obvious... Great nation
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by anataala: 8:21pm On May 12, 2017
Even the Ijaw are tied of these stubborn Ipob, no body will tolerate your indispline any more.
TonyeBarcanista:
I am reading in shame the disgraceful act of some indigent Ijaw youths in Biagbolo, Bayelsa against innocent traders of Igbo extraction under the guise of avenging the death of 17-year-old Faith Omosovu Pius, who was murdered by a certain "Tochukwu" suspected to be of Igbo extraction.

While I'm concerned about the gruesome murder of Faith and the calamity it has brought on the people of Biagbolo, the family of the deceased and the entire Ijaw nation, I can't help but condemn the irresponsible and barbaric actions of some youths in the community in reaction to the sad incident.

Firstly, the youths must understand that even in animal kingdom the action of a an animal cannot be said to be that of the entire group except they assent to it. So why should responsible and law abiding traders be meant to pay for the sin of a particular individual? Why should we take action that even animals will frown at? We are meant to be above every animal, so why should we do what they despise? What concerns the Igbo businessman in his shop with the action of Tochukwu?

Secondly, our people in Bayelsa must realise that any society that does not make herself to be conducive and accommodating to visitors and investors is bound to the ruins. Even the greatest economies in the world open their doors to people with legitimate interest. Why should some Bayelsans take action that discourages not only existing Businesses but also prospective businesses?

Thirdly, what about if every tribe in Nigeria adopt such strategy? What about if Yoruba people attack Ijaws in their various communities in Ikorodu and other parts of Ogun and Lagos States simply because some misguided Ijaw people took their militancy to a higher realm by engaging in kidnapping, armed robbery, reckless killings and other social vices within Yoruba land? Will it be justified?

And fourthly, how are we even sure that the culprit has no Ijaw accomplice? Will they kill all Ijaws and destroy their sources of livelihood if an Ijaw man is found out to be an accomplice?

For the sake of sanity, a crime has been committed, the appropriate thing to do is to ensure that the authorities act on it and justice be done, while working with the Igbo community/traders within the locality to ensure that the culprit and his accomplice(s) are not shielded.

I urge the Police and Bayelsa state government to do all within their powers to ensure that justice is not only done to Miss Faith but also to those Igbo traders that fell victim of the misguided actions of some youths in the community.

In strong terms, I condemn the violence against law abiding Igbo traders and residents in Bayelsa state. I sincerely apologize over the barbaric action of those misguided youths.

Ijaw means truth, the truth we must not compromise. In Peace Faith...

May God Bless Us All And Bless Nigeria
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by Mbediogu(m): 8:22pm On May 12, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
I am reading in shame the disgraceful act of some indigent Ijaw youths in Biagbolo, Bayelsa against innocent traders of Igbo extraction under the guise of avenging the death of 17-year-old Faith Omosovu Pius, who was murdered by a certain "Tochukwu" suspected to be of Igbo extraction.

While I'm concerned about the gruesome murder of Faith and the calamity it has brought on the people of Biagbolo, the family of the deceased and the entire Ijaw nation, I can't help but condemn the irresponsible and barbaric actions of some youths in the community in reaction to the sad incident.

Firstly, the youths must understand that even in animal kingdom the action of a an animal cannot be said to be that of the entire group except they assent to it. So why should responsible and law abiding traders be meant to pay for the sin of a particular individual? Why should we take action that even animals will frown at? We are meant to be above every animal, so why should we do what they despise? What concerns the Igbo businessman in his shop with the action of Tochukwu?

Secondly, our people in Bayelsa must realise that any society that does not make herself to be conducive and accommodating to visitors and investors is bound to the ruins. Even the greatest economies in the world open their doors to people with legitimate interest. Why should some Bayelsans take action that discourages not only existing Businesses but also prospective businesses?

Thirdly, what about if every tribe in Nigeria adopt such strategy? What about if Yoruba people attack Ijaws in their various communities in Ikorodu and other parts of Ogun and Lagos States simply because some misguided Ijaw people took their militancy to a higher realm by engaging in kidnapping, armed robbery, reckless killings and other social vices within Yoruba land? Will it be justified?

And fourthly, how are we even sure that the culprit has no Ijaw accomplice? Will they kill all Ijaws and destroy their sources of livelihood if an Ijaw man is found out to be an accomplice?

For the sake of sanity, a crime has been committed, the appropriate thing to do is to ensure that the authorities act on it and justice be done, while working with the Igbo community/traders within the locality to ensure that the culprit and his accomplice(s) are not shielded.

I urge the Police and Bayelsa state government to do all within their powers to ensure that justice is not only done to Miss Faith but also to those Igbo traders that fell victim of the misguided actions of some youths in the community.

In strong terms, I condemn the violence against law abiding Igbo traders and residents in Bayelsa state. I sincerely apologize over the barbaric action of those misguided youths.

Ijaw means truth, the truth we must not compromise. In Peace Faith...

When will igbo cease to be the all purpose villain for Nigeria? They pay for political and non political crimes of Nigeria. They are simply not wanted in Nigeria.

May God Bless Us All And Bless Nigeria
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by Iamzik: 8:25pm On May 12, 2017
VivianUdeogu:
Tonye, I concur with your write up. As much as you have condemned the irate Ijaw Youths, I expect you to also condemn Tochukwu and his fellow Igbo ritualist.

As an Ada Igbo myself, I am really troubled with the way Igbo youth are getting involved in Ogwu Ego. This has nothing to do with tribalism. We Igbos should tell ourselves the bitter truth.

Chai !! Nsogbu Dikwa !!

Nne your head dey there. Thumbs up
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by fabregas04(m): 8:27pm On May 12, 2017
ab11baddo:
it's funny how you guys always av a way of including the "Yorubas" in every thing concerning the igbos.... it's laughable really
leave them bro, they are playing mind games ni, 80% of their Success stories are achieved in d west yet when they can't impregnate their wives, afonja, business is not moving fine, afonja, issues in bayelsa or PH, afonja, and u think all is well them? Bro, just read, laugh over it and move on, Let their wailing continue.
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by wristbangle: 8:31pm On May 12, 2017
VivianUdeogu:

Chai !! Nsogbu Dikwa !!

Send me your account number cool

This is one of the best comment in 2017.

1 Like

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by timilehin95(m): 8:43pm On May 12, 2017
Nkem4040:

Shattap there. If you don't understand psychology, you won't understand what the OP is trying to do. Nothing happened that warrants the over the top reporting to incite Ijaws against their Igbo brethren. Where were you when Hausa-Fulani slaughtered Yorubaas in Osun? This pathological Igbo hater is intentionally fanning this news to inflate the a very minor issue. I know you are an Afonja pretending to be from SS with your Igbo phobia and penchant or divisiveness.
U have made no sense here... What is d involvement of afonja in dis matter.

And u call loss of life "a minor problem' undecided,well it's isn't ur fault at all, it's because u are still alive to view wats going on on NL
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by babyebi: 8:49pm On May 12, 2017
obamabinladen:
They are only inviting KARMA which I know will knock at their door one day as you know, Mr KARMA doesn't miss house address.
if it were to u, u would have done the worse, stop critising and tell d government to restore peace, Note am not from Biogbolo
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by Benekruku(m): 8:58pm On May 12, 2017
misano:

Igbos and Ijaws we forever be together as long as OIL money is involved. The bitter truth.

You don't know Ijaws!

They re like Northerners, "Born to rule" blood runs in them also. They re can't even succumb to there nextdoor neighbours-Itsekiri, Ilaje, Urohobo e.t.c, how much more Igbo's
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by melodies: 9:05pm On May 12, 2017
The Igbo traders displayed insensitivity by opening shops when told not to by the grieving people which led to the issue
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by reuben79: 9:05pm On May 12, 2017
ipob always look for trouble................

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki Reacts To The Assassination Of Alex Badeh / Terror Kingpin, Turji, Releases 52 Abducted Victims / EFCC Operatives Storm Okorocha’s Abuja Residence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.