Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,880 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

7-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benin (Photos, Video) - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 7-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benin (Photos, Video) (25630 Views)

Man Finds Live Python In Motorcycle Engine In Anambra (Photos, Video) / Two Long Snakes Electrocuted In Iju Ishaga, Lagos (Photos, Video) / Woman Electrocuted In Ebonyi State (disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benin (Photos, Video) by whitering: 10:29am On May 13, 2017
Negligence is disease.
Re: 7-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benin (Photos, Video) by bigeliot(m): 10:29am On May 13, 2017
Edo again? Na wa o.
Re: 7-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benin (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 10:30am On May 13, 2017
Edo again? :oEdo again?
Re: 7-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benin (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 10:30am On May 13, 2017
Fuckallmods:
Sad story. A N.aked live wire on the ground? What does our nepa even do?
in naija we live with death on daily basis in a civilised environment you can't keep such high power transmission equipment in residential areas where people live
Re: 7-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benin (Photos, Video) by Igboesika: 10:31am On May 13, 2017
RIP to the dead.
Re: 7-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benin (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 10:31am On May 13, 2017
whitering:
e
e for Edo. Edo witches cheesy

1 Like

Re: 7-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benin (Photos, Video) by AroOkigbo(m): 10:32am On May 13, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

My child would have A) never played around fallen live wire and B) I would have made sure NOBODY else did.

No excuse for PARENTING failure too
Quite unfortunate that you made this comment when someone's child died!
Are you with your child every time, everywhere, every day?

3 Likes

Re: 7-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benin (Photos, Video) by Igboesika: 10:32am On May 13, 2017
GodIsFoolish:
Nigeria is a great country!!!
Change your name to Lugard is foolish, I think it's better.
Re: 7-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benin (Photos, Video) by Sirheny007(m): 10:33am On May 13, 2017
If this were America, they'd sue the hell out of the Electricity Authority..
This kid just died because of their incompetency and negligence..
But this is my country Nigeria...and i weep for her. cry cry

1 Like

Re: 7-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benin (Photos, Video) by factwriter(m): 10:33am On May 13, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

Its not bad governance, it is the same ignorance that you portray in your post that killed that poor boy. Drop the pity blame ... "Oh poor us" and instead educate your damn kids to not play around fallen electrical wires. Or do you also want the gov to raise your damn kids too?!?!
Arrant Nonsense!

You are sick. May such misfortune befall all kids in your generation.

Heartless B.A.S.T.A.R.D

This is why your kinds usually end up in jail soon as you step out of Nigerian soil.

Saying a 7year old deserve to be electrocutes because they weren't educated.

What about the NEPA who did substandard connection? We should clap for them

1 Like

Re: 7-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benin (Photos, Video) by destinysaid(m): 10:33am On May 13, 2017
Re: 7-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benin (Photos, Video) by shewa88(f): 10:35am On May 13, 2017
MrBrownJay1:
Come on PARENTS!!!! A live wire falls on the floor and NEPA is called, and in the mean time, you FORBID your kids to go close to that area.
It's not as if kids listen to every single thing you tell them.
you should know better than to blame the parents

3 Likes

Re: 7-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benin (Photos, Video) by brightworld2(m): 10:37am On May 13, 2017
harrystil:
sarik
meaning?
Re: 7-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benin (Photos, Video) by chinazor006(f): 10:37am On May 13, 2017
So sad! When they noticed it and spoke to the NEPA, why didn't they look for blocks to barricade the endangered area? It could have safeguarded the place till NEPA comes

1 Like

Re: 7-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benin (Photos, Video) by shewa88(f): 10:39am On May 13, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

My child would have A) never played around fallen live wire and B) I would have made sure NOBODY else did.

No excuse for PARENTING failure too
Just pray something bad will not befall your kids, that's when you'll know that they don't always do as they're told.

3 Likes

Re: 7-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benin (Photos, Video) by Kennydoc(m): 10:40am On May 13, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

But of course, because in your mind there is only ONE emergency per day, so there is ALWAYS a car available for YOUR emergency, right?

I read your other comments.
Guy, stop defending the indefensible. Live wire on the ground is a MAJOR environmental hazard that should be dealt with immediately. I don't know any other emergency that will be more important to a power holding company.

You are blaming the parents. Have you considered the possibility of the parents not being at home, and probably left the child with maids or elder ones?

Who even told you the child was playing around the live wire? The report only said the child went to play. What if the child only wanted to jump over it, and as a kid, he might not even know that the ground around the wire would be charged cos of water and moisture?

Your attempt at blaming the parents is very sickening.

3 Likes

Re: 7-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benin (Photos, Video) by kikake: 10:40am On May 13, 2017
Country where very few want to work but every body wants to profit from government largesse.

RIP little boy.
You belong to the statistics of those who paid the prize for others who want to sustain a most dysfunctional country on earth where untimely death lurks in every corner
Re: 7-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benin (Photos, Video) by nwabobo: 10:41am On May 13, 2017
Fuckallmods:
Sad story. A N.aked live wire on the ground? What does our nepa even do?

Nigeria is worse than a zoo. Even animals in the zoo are accorded more dignity than this.
Re: 7-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benin (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 10:42am On May 13, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

How is this poor governance?! No car was available to fix the issue (probably dealing with another emergency), is that so difficult to understand?! Stop comparing Africa to the west where such issues are dealt with on the spot.

Rubbish!!!!!!!!!!

Stop making very stupid excuses for failure

Our leader are among the richest in the world.

Our politicians are among the richest worldwide.

Our people are among the most hard working and brillant worldwide

Nigeria is among the richest countries.

We rejoice to have a stark illiterate and corrupt cabinet ruling us.

1 Like

Re: 7-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benin (Photos, Video) by nelcliff(m): 10:43am On May 13, 2017
sorry1:
why won't I compare Africa with Europe Did me have different Creator? Were the Europeans created before Africans?

I tell you again, the lil boi died because of poor governance and negligence. You can fucck off if you don't agree with me.

Come oo. U be boy? Then u will be my friend from now henceforth. If u be babe then Pls will u marry me?

I love the way u repeat by speaking sense into the guy brain.

People like him will QUOTE important and sensitive topic, then throw it into a trash can.

I wonder if he usually reason from his #ANUS.

1 Like

Re: 7-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benin (Photos, Video) by ObongawanAKS(f): 10:44am On May 13, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

Its not bad governance, it is the same ignorance that you portray in your post that killed that poor boy. Drop the pity blame ... "Oh poor us" and instead educate your damn kids to not play around fallen electrical wires. Or do you also want the gov to raise your damn kids too?!?!
Arrant Nonsense!
Gush! You're so sick.
So instead of fixing a faulty pole i shud caution my kids not to play around it.
What if it were an adult?
Educated illiterate like u.

3 Likes

Re: 7-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benin (Photos, Video) by BabylonCruise(m): 10:44am On May 13, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

So now equipment in school is to blame?! Are you ever grateful for anything?! Or you are just a whining person who blames everything on the gov?!

Maybe you can also blame the gov if/when you can't perform in bed too?! Or blame them because of the bad weather outside?!

Mr. Shut up!........Just shut d hell up.
I can speak English doesn't mean I have sense.
U are trying to tell me U can control nature, If U were not available when d unfortunate incident happens nko...?. I guess U will control ur children from wherever U are cos ur last name is God.
U are spitting out trash about someone's performance in bed when U don't have a Manhood.
RUBBISH.

2 Likes

Re: 7-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benin (Photos, Video) by factwriter(m): 10:45am On May 13, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

Live wire fall everywhere,especially during heavy windy weather, but the difference is that other places deal with it faster.

But any wise parent would tell their kids not to play around d that fallen wire while waiting for repairs.... So sorry, but let the irresponsible parent take some of the blame too here

Where I dwell, we usually silence S.C.U.M.S like you when you trample upon sensitive matters like child's right & protection.

We simply ask for your private audience and voila! the world is rid of one more I.M.B.E.C.I.L.E

We send you Six feet below!

Crazy azz licking Nepa staff.

3 Likes

Re: 7-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benin (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 10:46am On May 13, 2017
Kennydoc:

I read your other comments.
Guy, stop defending the indefensible. Live wire on the ground is a MAJOR environmental hazard that should be dealt with immediately. I don't know any other emergency that will be more important to a power holding company.

You are blaming the parents. Have you considered the possibility of the parents not being at home, and probably left the child with maids or elder ones?

Who even told you the child was playing around the live wire? The report only said the child went to play. What if the child only wanted to jump over it, and as a kid, he might not even know that the ground around the wire would be charged cos of water and moisture?

Your attempt at blaming the parents is very sickening.

Don't mind that guy. He must a sai pmb chanter.
Re: 7-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benin (Photos, Video) by aolawale025: 10:47am On May 13, 2017
Failed government. Failed country
Re: 7-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benin (Photos, Video) by Jaabioro(m): 10:47am On May 13, 2017
When it comes to response and responsibility our government institutional had no place for it. Mr Ozase should be sack, charge as a murderer he and his team by now supposed to speaking in tongue to police ..Negligence @highest order..
Re: 7-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benin (Photos, Video) by Dfinex(f): 10:51am On May 13, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

How is this poor governance?! No car was available to fix the issue (probably dealing with another emergency), is that so difficult to understand?! Stop comparing Africa to the west where such issues are dealt with on the spot.

and why shouldn't we compare Africa to the west? why can't issues be resolved at the spot? No car was available? is that even an excuse,?....common why do we celebrate mediocrity so much in this part the world? ..
Re: 7-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benin (Photos, Video) by RobbStark(m): 10:51am On May 13, 2017
Nigerians and our way of thinking.
So because they called the service providers and they didnt show up in time, they folded their hands and watch a child die. Does it mean in that locality, there is none wit any idea of electricity for them to call.
Its like calling the firemen wen a building is on fire, wen they didnt show, you try in your own to salvage some of your stuff.

May the soul of the departed rest in peace

1 Like

Re: 7-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benin (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 10:53am On May 13, 2017
sorry1:
Typical African man reasoning abstractly...I wasn't playing "the poor us game" you were.

Why would a live wire fall and be left there? The scenario was an avoidable environmental hazard Which the government needs to tackle but failed and therefore needs to take blame for it!!! Government should start taking responsibilities in this country. and by so doing we can all move forward.

Let this kinda thing happen in America and you will see how many people that will sue them and how they will apologize for their shortcomings.

don't waste your time arguing with him, he will bring you to his mediocritic level and then win you with experience

1 Like

Re: 7-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benin (Photos, Video) by sotall(m): 10:53am On May 13, 2017
Nigeria has 36 states and the federal capital territory. In all these states, it is normal that crime and unfortunate incidents occur on a daily basis especially with the failed government we have in Nigeria. But for a moderator to bring to the most popular Nigerian site, three unfortunate report from a state for public awareness and discussion obviously shows more of a hypocritic and tribal bigotry mindset.

Now that you have decided to show your hatred for Edo state, i hope your bank account has increased and your joy is full. i just want to let you know that your quest to paint the state bad is a futile one and can never be successful.
Re: 7-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benin (Photos, Video) by Nathan2016: 10:59am On May 13, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

So now equipment in school is to blame?! Are you ever grateful for anything?! Or you are just a whining person who blames everything on the gov?!

Maybe you can also blame the gov if/when you can't perform in bed too?! Or blame them because of the bad weather outside?!

Leave that guy, na one of those people who believe government should feed, cloth and shelter them, without adding any value to the society.

The govt fail to do their task in responding immediately, that doesnt mean the community elders or parents shouldnt put a sign or even warn their kids not to go near there....

Both govt and parents are to b blame

2 Likes

Re: 7-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benin (Photos, Video) by refreshrate: 11:03am On May 13, 2017
Three front page stories in a row...all about Edo.
Na WA o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

35 Interesting Facts You Don't Know / OLUWATOYIN AKANBI Is Missing - Please Help / Nairaland Slowness And Downtime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.