Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,371 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

The Blessings Of Restitution - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Blessings Of Restitution (339 Views)

The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. / Help Needed Concerning Restitution / Importance Of Restitution - Case Study Of Juliana Olayode (aka Toyo Baby) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Blessings Of Restitution by FreshGreen: 10:42pm On May 12, 2017
THE BLESSINGS OF RESTITUTION
Judges 17:1-2. Now there was a man from the mountains of Ephraim, whose name was Micah. 2 And he said to his mother, “The eleven hundred shekels of silver that were taken from you, and on which you put a curse, even saying it in my ears—here is the silver with me; I took it.” And his mother said, “May you be blessed by the Lord, my son!

There are many blessings that follow after restitution is done, here are few of them:

Peace with Men
In our past old life, we wronged God and men, when we are saved, we make peace with God and so we must complete the process of peace by making peace with people. People we fought, we offended, or harmed before we were saved must be contacted and apologized to. People we had rancor, malice and animosity with must be settled with, even if we think they wronged us, even if we have decided not to greet them again, yet we must make peace with them for the sake of peace and to remove the bitterness, malice and others so that we don’t give room to the devil in our new lives in Christ. “If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men” Romans 12:18
People you are living with, working with, schooling with; family members, friends and neighbors, every one we had issues with, as much as we can, we should settle peacefully with them.

When we make peace with all men, both right and wrong, it confirms our peace with God, it gives us peace and it’s the only way to see God, to enter heaven. “Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord” Hebrews 12:14. When we settle with people peacefully, it shows we are truly children of God, the King of Peace; Jesus the Prince of Peace and we, the children of peace. “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.” Matthew 5:9.

It Settles Old Accounts
Restitution is to settle our old accounts and close them. If you are saved and you have not made some past wrongs right by restitution, it simply means you keep your old account open which may stand against you here on earth and eventually disallow you to enter heaven. Undone restitution has the capacity to block God’s blessing in your life here on earth and block you from entering Heaven. The old records which stand against you can only be settled and closed by restitution. “Some men’s sins are clearly evident, preceding them to judgment, but those of some men follow later.” 1 Timothy 5:24.

It confirms your new life in Jesus Christ
In different online and phone transaction, after you have sent your desired transaction, you will be asked to confirm your transaction. If you fail to “just” confirm, thinking since you have filled all the forms, supplied all the needed information and it has been sent and accepted, you think to confirm again is of no use, your transaction will be invalid and will not be processed. The same is in reality with restitution. After you have repented and confessed your sin to God and He has forgiven, cleansed and accepted you, you need to respond back to confirm your salvation by restitution. Think about it, if I were your neighbor and I stole your stuffs in past and using them. You knew and just kept quiet, then later I got saved and come to preach to you and still using what I stole from you, how will you feel? Restitution is a reality for every regenerated child of God.

It turns curses to blessings
Many curses in life are caused by wrong things that was done in past, and many problems facing children of God after they have been saved are not because the enemies are powerful over their lives in Christ but because they allow the old curses to have access to their new lives because of ignoring necessary restitution they need to do. Undone restitution allows the unsettled wrong of your past to haunt your present life even though you are now a child of God. You give access to Satan, enemies, generational curses and many attacks when you refuse to do needed restitution. This can also block the free flow of God’s blessing, progress and God’s promises for your life.

Undone restitution gives Satan to accuse you and oppose you in the present of God. Most of the problems making us to do fasting, special prayers, deliverance and attend several programs and the problems remain the same; those problems can be solved if we do simple acts of apologizing, forgiving or any necessary restitution as the case may be, and that end the mountainous problems, and that begins the progress and prosperity in your life, marriage and ministry. “And he said to his mother, “The eleven hundred shekels of silver that were taken from you, and on which you put a curse, even saying it in my ears—here is the silver with me; I took it.” And his mother said, “May you be blessed by the Lord, my son!” Judges 17:2. Obedience is better than sacrifice.

It Gives Blessed Assurance
When restitution is settled, you have peace, you have more confidence in the Lord and you have assurance of heaven. Satan will not have anything to hold against you and you will have that strong boldness in your prayer. Here is what the Word of God says, “And by this we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before Him. For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things. Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God. And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight.” 1 John 3:19-22.

People you are living with, working with, schooling with; family members, friends and neighbors, every one we had issues with, as much as we can, we should settle peacefully with them.
When we make peace with all men, both right and wrong, it confirms our peace with God, it gives us peace and it’s the only way to see God, to enter heaven. “Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord” Hebrews 12:14. When we settle with people peacefully, it shows we are truly children of God, the King of Peace; Jesus the Prince of Peace and we, the children of peace. “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.” Matthew 5:9.

If you would like to totally surrender all to Jesus and experience genuine salvation or you want to rededicate your life to Jesus Christ, please click on this link, read and then pray as directed https://www.facebook.com/notes/revelation-of-truth-evangelical-ministries-rtem/how-to-be-saved-and-start-a-new-life-in-jesus/270674586372252

You can also contact us on email or phone for prayer, counsel or if you need biblical enlightenment on personal issues:
This message is from Revelation of Truth Evangelical Ministries, RTEM
Our Email: rtemoutreaches@yahoo.com
Our Tel: (+234) (0)802 578 7942.
Our website: rtemoutreach.org

Our Facebook page, you can like our page for daily article on your wall, please click on this link and "like", then click on the "liked" and add to "interest list" http://www.facebook.com/pages/Revelation-of-Truth-Evangelical-Ministries-RTEM/244086502364394
If you will like to be receiving our weekly articles by email, please, click on our website and subscribe for daily Christian articles rtemoutreach.org

If you want to read other Christian articles and Bible Studies on several other topics from this ministry, you can please click on this link and see several topics. http://www./468590419840054/files/You can join to receive new topic.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Christians Preach Love And Practice Hate? / Being Rich / Why Do Christians Raise Their Hand While Praying During Offering Time?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.