Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Redeemed Christian Church Of God Is The Best: But I Have Questions - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Redeemed Christian Church Of God Is The Best: But I Have Questions (1700 Views)

'We Don’t Dabble In Politics': Redeemed Christian Church / Photo: Seun Kuti Mocks The Redeemed Christian Church Of God / Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Redeemed Christian Church Of God Is The Best: But I Have Questions by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:34pm On Jan 11, 2010
In these harsh economic times when one should be moving closer to God. I decided to dive in deep into the hustle for any job besides my day job, even photo-copying with company materials grin and pirating DVD copies of the Bible to a local church close by.

Well, I sort of noticed that all my colleagues have someplace they go to every Friday and it has to do with one Camp or the other. A recent employee just got a raise 2 months into the Job and I asked him how come? He said, We Thank God and proceeded to ask which Church I attended. I said. anyone that closes before 8.AM and has very little singing and dancing because that tends to get my metabolism up and thus makes me too hungry to listen to the sermon. He says I should become a member of any Redeemed Church closest to me and there will be positive changes in my life. He pointed out how most of our colleagues have changed their lives for the better.

Anyways, I proceed to there website for more information.

http://rccg.org/about;our_fundamental_belief/index.rccg

After a cursory look at this page, a few things caught my attention, Please do not see this as negative, i simply need to know if i can by-pass or probably apply these changes after becoming a member

THE DEDICATED CHRISTIAN
The dedicated Christian would avoid foolish talking or jesting, Eph. 5:4. He or she would not wear clothing of the opposite sex, Deut. 22:5. Marriage would be esteemed honorable in all respects in the life of the dedicated Christian, and he or she would be a hearer as well as a doer of the Word of God at all times.

Does that mean we cannot make jokes or talk foolishly about football teams or an ailing president or a public official who got caught stealing public funds, I just need an explanation to the above so i am sure what i can live with or without

PROPHECY IN THE CHURCH
We believe in all the prophecies in the Bible; likewise we believe that we can be given the gift of prophecy by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit - I Cor. 14:29. Despise not prophesying - I Thess. 5:20. But any prophecy that is against the Bible is rejected.

I did not get that part (in bold) I just need an explanation to the above so i am sure what is being presented

DEBTS FORBIDDEN
Any member of this Church must not willfully enter into any debt which he finds difficult to repay for the Bible teaches us "owe no man anything, but to love one another" - Rom. 13:7-8. About Debt: 1. Monetary Debt 2. Debt of promise or Vow - Ps. 105:8 3. Debt of time - Eccl. 3:1-8 4. Debt of not preaching the Gospel - I Cor. 16-17

My side-business runs on revolving debt, i cannot do without it, (at least for now), is there an option for a waiver or can securitization of debts pass for non-pure debts

WORLDLINESS FORBIDDEN
The Bible teaches us to abstain from all appearance of evil - I Thess. 5:22. "But follow after righteousness, faith, love, purging ourselves from unclean things so that we may be vessels unto honor, sanctified, and prepared unto every good work" - II Tim. 2:21-22. Therefore we must not see our Church members in dancing halls, or cinema halls, reveling, for such things are works of the flesh. All people doing such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God - Gal 5:19-21; I Peter 4:3-4; Prov 31:4-5; Rev. 1:5-6; Gen 19:30-38.

Sometimes, our colleagues have birthdays or are celebrating the closure of a deal that took months, we often take the night out to go to a bar or watch movies at Silver-bird or simply go to the beach and revel, is this rule a must?

Swearing and Cursing Forbidden

All Christians should not swear or curse or blaspheme for we were not taught of Jesus in such a way. "Bless, and curse not" Rom. 12:14. Swear not at all, neither by Heaven, nor bye the earth or any other swearing. But let your yes by yes, and No be No so that you do not run into condemnation - Matt. 5:34; James 5:12.

I took an oath of office swearing on the Bible and once during my wedding. does that disqualify me
Re: Redeemed Christian Church Of God Is The Best: But I Have Questions by KunleOshob(m): 4:17pm On Jan 11, 2010
The most important thing in the RCCG is prompt payment of tithes + additional monetary offerings. As long as you are faithfull in doing this, they are willing to over look all your other short comings. cool
Re: Redeemed Christian Church Of God Is The Best: But I Have Questions by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:03pm On Jan 11, 2010
Seriously. I am seriously serious about this. It is as if every member in my workplace get special treatment. well the VP is a deacon in RCCG but then being a back-slidden catholic should not exclude me from the associated benefits now would it. after all. I am a Baptized Christian by birth.

Any Redeemers who can clarify this. please.
Re: Redeemed Christian Church Of God Is The Best: But I Have Questions by KunleOshob(m): 8:34pm On Jan 11, 2010
lagerwhenindoubt:

Seriously. I am seriously serious about this. It is as if every member in my workplace get special treatment. well the VP is a deacon in RCCG but then being a back-slidden catholic should not exclude me from the associated benefits now would it. after all. I am a Baptized Christian by birth.

Any Redeemers who can clarify this. please.

What you don't realize is the the RCCG and their pentecostal cohorts don't consider catholics as christians even though the hypocrites derive their christian roots from the catholic church and they used an editted version of he catholic cannonized books a.k.a bible.
Re: Redeemed Christian Church Of God Is The Best: But I Have Questions by afiq(m): 3:54am On Jan 12, 2010
If I were you, I'll have a second thought joining them. Their fellowship, praise and worship may sounds cool, but all of that is to delusion you in a way you never think of. Their so called 'faith & belief' are too good to be true. Been there done that. Their 'Bible' was designed to suit their personal interest. Whenever folks agrees with them(according to their Bible), those folks considered Christian, whenever they are not, they'll be classified as something else. One more thing, they loves to quote everything from their 'Bible' cheesy cheesy cheesy

Pentecostal means business grin grin grin Like I said, there's always something rotten about RCCG grin grin grin

You are a baptized Christian, stay and be proud of what you are bro,  God bless cool
Re: Redeemed Christian Church Of God Is The Best: But I Have Questions by GoodMuyis(m): 12:09am On Jan 13, 2010
$ lagerwhenindoubt and co

Well all that you've Posted is worth questoning if you don't understand what those words mean.
To be honest RCCG did not place then in there website by there own knowledge BUT is what Bible says
and am happy that you yourself did not omit the Bible References. Therefore if you see any Christian doing
contrary to what the Bible say, i tell you that individual is not a Christian but a church goer.

If you then have any question about those thing you posted you may not get Full details(answers), my advice is;
why can't you worship with them for some days(don't forget to ask your questions there also) and see that they are absolutely serving GOD.

Many people says so and so Church are hypocrites,they don't exercise what they preach. the mistake is not all of them but there are some backsliders in the church, even in among the disciples of Christ Jesus there us one Judas, so that is how it is

And Concerning you being baptize by birth, that does is not evidence of genuine salvation,
If you are not rigth with God Please amend your ways and God will give us the grace to make heaven. AMEN
Re: Redeemed Christian Church Of God Is The Best: But I Have Questions by Amujale(m): 8:47pm On Apr 06, 2020
Christianity is a fake and malicious Eurocentric ideology.

(1) (Reply)

Is It A Sin?: / Jesus Appeared To Them And They Converted From Islam To Christianity / Your Life Is The Character Of Your Words : Pastor Chris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.