Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics (10943 Views)

Bode George On Okada Ban: Sanwo-olu Acting Like Someone From Stone Age / PDP To Oshiomhole: Stop Acting Like An Attack Dog / Afam4eva, You Are Wrong. Igbos Do Not Need To Play Nigerian Politics. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by fratermathy(m): 12:36am On May 17, 2017
pazienza:

And who is this OUR you speak of? Who made you and your group the spokespersons for SS? Where exactly was the rule written that your minority group can speak for SS, while Igbos in SS can't do the same?

Can't you see your are roaming already?

You are the minority amongst minorities, not the Igbo group who are already a majority.

Next time when you go on your psychopathic Igbophobic rants, endeavor to keep SS out of it, and use just your small Urhobo, as you can't be speaking for Enuani, Egbema, Isobo, Ndoki, Asa , Etche people in SS who together outnumber your small minority amongst minorities Urhobos.

How has a statement of FACTS concerning the ethnic makeup of the SS translated into being a "spokespersons for the SS"? These are facts that are readily accessible everywhere. Did I manufacture the fact that the non-Igboid groups in the SS are much more than Igboid groups therein? Are Edoid groups, Yoruboid groups, Ijoid groups, Ibiboid groups, etc, not in the SS?

Even though I NEVER BROUGHT URHOBO INTO MY INITIAL POST, I still accept that we are minorities in Nigeria, no thanks to IGBOS, YORUBAS and HAUSAS who dominate minorities like us and leech upon us.

You keep mentioning Igboid groups in the SS as if they are in the majority or like they are one big political amalgam. That won't work. If you say Anioma, I understand where you are coming from. If you say Rivers Igbo, I also understand. Now, what is the relationship between the two aforementioned groups other than being Igboid (a fact that many readily fight against)? Why do you guys so much love to hang onto a thin thread all in a bid to score some relevance in the SS? Is Igbo the only group with minorities in the SS? What of the Yoruboid Itsekiri and Olukumi? Why are the Yorubas not claiming the SS because of their stake therein?

I know that you just want to start a controversy, as in the usual Igbocentric tradition, but I will humour you a little. Call me Igbophobic, Afonja, Hausa, Sobo, or whatever derogatory terms you have in your arsenal, it still won't change the fact that the SS has a consciousness that is different from the SE and the so-called Igboid groups in the SS are in the minority.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by pazienza(m): 12:51am On May 17, 2017
fratermathy:

How has a statement of FACTS concerning the ethnic makeup of the SS translated into being a "spokespersons for the SS"? These are facts that are readily accessible everywhere. Did I manufacture the fact that the non-Igboid groups in the SS are much more than Igboid groups therein? Are Edoid groups, Yoruboid groups, Ijoid groups, Ibiboid groups, etc, not in the SS?

Even though I NEVER BROUGHT URHOBO INTO MY INITIAL POST, I still accept that we are minorities in Nigeria, no thanks to IGBOS, YORUBAS and HAUSAS who dominate minorities like us and leech upon us.

You keep mentioning Igboid groups in the SS as if they are in the majority or like they are one big political amalgam. That won't work. If you say Anioma, I understand where you are coming from. If you say Rivers Igbo, I also understand. Now, what is the relationship between the two aforementioned groups other than being Igboid (a fact that many readily fight against)? Why do you guys so much love to hang onto a thin thread all in a bid to score some relevance in the SS? Is Igbo the only group with minorities in the SS? What of the Yoruboid Itsekiri and Olukumi? Why are the Yorubas not claiming the SS because of their stake therein?

I know that you just want to start a controversy, as in the usual Igbocentric tradition, but I will humour you a little. Call me Igbophobic, Afonja, Hausa, Sobo, or whatever derogatory terms you have in your arsenal, it still won't change the fact that the SS has a consciousness that is different from the SE and the so-called Igboid groups in the SS are in the minority.

Lol! You need a mental examination, it would appear your cognitive functions are malfunctioning.

As long as you feel you can make blanket statement on behalf of the SS, without singling out the fact that you are only speaking for your small and nearly inconsequential Urhobo group, Ndiigbo in SE can also speak of SE /SS alliance without singling out the fact that the part of SS we care about and speak about are the proudly Igbo speaking parts.

This is what the Igbo meant when he said that SS is nebulous until defined by the user.

The issue with minorities amongst minorities like you and your group is that you feel only you lots have exclusive right to use the term SS.
Well, news flash, you don't.

As long as Proud Igbo speaking people abound in SS, Ndiigbo in SE would continue to speak of SS/SE alliance, bitter elements like you and your Co travellers can go and do as Oshiomhole commanded an Edo woman to do sometime ago,no Igbo man cares.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by fratermathy(m): 12:59am On May 17, 2017
blues20:

Excellent post:

The Igboman is the proverbial sacrificial lamb to the average Nigerian. I'll describe his situation according to the following scenario:
He sat down, they complained, he stood up they remind him of his place on the floor, he walked away, they tagged him a coward and a traitor.
Northern Nigeria is one volatile region, especially during election, but how many of them have stood up to condemn and call for proper political tolerance. The case is different when it comes to the Igbos. Whatever he does, is faulty to them. 2015 brought to limelight, the bad blood that was already boiling underground.

An individual on this forum, once claimed Igbos are synonymous to failure. Whatever they are involve will certainly fail, hence the failure of GEJ’s administration. You can imagine the height of racism. First of all, were the Igbos the only ethnic group in GEJ’s cabinet and workforce? Na, but this goes to show you how the average Nigerian perceives the Igbos.

The simple solution is forming a formidable political base, a kind of home grown political party that is in tune with odinani, spanning across Igboland, both S’S and S’East, thus will allow us to build an economic regional block. Whoever emerges the president, or whatever composes his cabinet should not be our headache; as long as we are able to develop our region, according to our cultural values and belief system, with time we will become a force to be reckon with. A call to alliance is just plain stupid and repetition of same old mistake. This is my position any day, any time.

Correction:
Igboland in the SE and parts of SS

Language matters a lot. Don't create the impression that the entire SS, or even half of it, is Igbo land!!! That's the impression the SS minorities will always FIGHT to correct. Your IGBOIDland (not even Igboland) starts from Obiaruku and ends at Asaba in Delta State, Ahoada through Port Harcourt Upland and terminating at Oyigbo in Rivers State, and a small pocket of VILLAGES in Cross Rivers North!

Always use language that will make people trust the Igbo motive, rather than perceive it as a form of land-grabbing or a deliberate creation of false image to the world.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by pazienza(m): 1:05am On May 17, 2017
And when you go on chanting ,"we SS " people up and down like one possessed by demonic spirits, do you remember to include the fact that not all SS people share your Igbophobic opinions as some of them consider themselves kin and kiths with fellow Igbos in SE?

Why do you expect from others what you don't offer?

Can't you see that you are already roaming?

1 Like

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by fratermathy(m): 1:07am On May 17, 2017
pazienza:

Lol! You need a mental examination, it would appear your cognitive functions are malfunctioning.

As long as you feel you can make blanket statement on behalf of the SS, without singling out the fact that you are only speaking for your small and nearly inconsequential Urhobo group, Ndiigbo in SE can also speak of SE /SS alliance without singling out the fact that the part of SS we care about and speak about are the proudly Igbo speaking parts.

This is what the Igbo meant when he said that SS is nebulous until defined by the user.

The issue with minorities amongst minorities like you and your group is that you feel only you lots have exclusive right to use the term SS.
Well, news flash, you don't.

As long as Proud Igbo speaking people abound in SS, Ndiigbo in SE would continue to speak of SS/SE alliance, bitter elements like you and your Co travellers can go and do as Oshiomhole commanded an Edo woman to do sometime ago,no Igbo man cares.

I am glad you remind URHOBOS of her minority status. Nothing gives me greater joy.

Igbos can go ahead and call the entire SS Igboland. You've been doing that and nothing said on Nairaland will stop you from ever doing it.

I have made the point I came to this thread to make cool cool!!!

Ndiigbo in the SS! Chai! ND don suffer nor be small. It's no longer a case of leeching upon us but now calling us out. I admonish Yorubas on this forum to start claiming SS as well. Afterall, Yorubaland extends to Edo and Delta States very much well via Akoko, Itsekiri and Olukumi. Yorubas have as much right as Igbos to claim the SS. In fact, I won't be surprised if Hausas come out and claim SS as well. After all, I am sure that some communities with Northern ancestry exist in the South.

The day Igbo people learn that the SS has total apathy to her misplaced interest in the region is the day the SE will rally together for her own good. Alliances are not built by force but by mutual agreement and TRUST! Even the Ikwerre, who are Igboid, DON'T TRUST IGBOS! Here they are, claiming SS/SE as if it was ordained in heaven even when they know that 85% of the SS people don't give a damn about Igbos (reasons are not farfetched).

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by fratermathy(m): 1:11am On May 17, 2017
pazienza:
And when you go on chanting ,"we SS " people up and down like one possessed by demonic spirits, do you remember to include the fact that not all SS people share your Igbophobic opinions as some of them consider themselves kin and kiths with fellow Igbos in SE?

Why do you expect from others what you don't offer?

Can't you see that you are already roaming?

For every SSner that considers himself kin and kith to Igbos, we also have one that does same to Yoruba (Itsekiri, Bini, Urhobo, Esan, Etsako, Afenmai, etc).

For every SSner that considers himself kin and kith to Igbos, we have a hundred that NEVER want to associate with Igbos for any reason.

For every SSner that loves Igbos, we have a hundred that hate the Igbo politics of Igbocentrism.

So don't flatter yourself that you have supporters in the SS. There is nothing particularly spectacular about that. Even in the core North, there are Igbo lovers and supporters.

The SS singlehandedly funds Nigeria! What do Igbos contribute to the nation really? (I am not talking of "drug" exports).

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by pazienza(m): 1:16am On May 17, 2017
fratermathy:

I am glad you remind URHOBOS of her minority status. Nothing gives me greater joy.

Igbos can go ahead and call the entire SS Igboland. You've been doing that and nothing said on Nairaland will stop you from ever doing it.

I have made the point I came to this thread to make cool cool!!!

Ndiigbo in the SS! Chai! ND don suffer nor be small. It's no longer a case of leeching upon us but now calling us out. I admonish Yorubas on this forum to start claiming SS as well. Afterall, Yorubaland extends to Edo and Delta States very much well via Akoko, Itsekiri and Olukumi. Yorubas have as much right as Igbos to claim the SS. Infact, I won't be surprised if Hausas come out and claim SS as well. After all, some communities with Northern ancestry exists in the South.

The day Igbo people learn that the SS has total apathy to her misplaced interest in the region is the day the SE will rally together for her own good. Alliances are not built by force but by mutual agreement and TRUST! Even the Ikwerre, who are Igboid, DON'T TRUST IGBOS! Here they are, claiming SS/SE as if it was ordained in heaven even when they known that 85% of the SS people don't give a damn about Igbos (reasons are not farfetched)

The Igbo could care less what Yoruba groups exist in SS and what Yorubas do with them.

You wish the Igbos in SS hate SEners like bitter Igbophobic non Igbo speaking groups already do, right ?

Isokos don't want to be Urhobo too, they don't want to be swallowed, even Okpe too is running away from you Leeches in Urhobo, you should focus more on that and stay away from Igbo -Igboid issues.

Until you learn to start speaking for Urhobo and Urhobo only, and stop trying to hide behind a nebulous term like SS that has Proudly Igbo people in it , to promote your rabid Igbophobia, you would continue to suffer.

Why are you ashamed of your Urhobo people? Why are you ashamed of hiding behind Urhobo tag and make you statements, why are you hell bent on land grabbing Igbo speaking lands into your nebulous SS tag with aim of vomiting Igbophobic rants up and down?

What's wrong with you just being Urhobo and nothing else?

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by pazienza(m): 1:19am On May 17, 2017
fratermathy:

For every SSner that considers himself kin and kith to Igbos, we also have one that does same to Yoruba (Urhobo, Itsekiri, Bini, Esan, Etsako, Afenmai, etc).

For every SSner that considers himself kin and kith to Igbos, we have a hundred that NEVER want to associate with Igbos for any reason.

For every SSner that loves Igbos, we have a hundred that hate the Igbo politics of Igbocentrism.

So don't flatter yourself that you have supporters in the SS. There is nothing particularly spectacular about that. Even in the core North, there are Igbo lovers and supporters there.

Urhobo man, why can't you just be Urhobo? Why do you want to hide behind a nebulous SS tag? Are you ashamed of your Urhobo tag?

Why do you care so much about Igbo speaking people in SS, are you not a leech?

1 Like

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by fratermathy(m): 1:21am On May 17, 2017
pazienza:

The Igbo could care less what Yoruba groups exist in SS and what Yorubas do with them.

You wish the Igbos in SS hate SEners like bitter Igbophobic non Igbo speaking groups already do, right ?

Isokos don't want to be Urhobo too, they don't want to be swallowed, even Okpe too is running away from you Leeches in Urhobo, you should focus more on that and stay away from Igbo -Igboid issues.

Until you learn to start speaking for Urhobo and Urhobo only, and stop trying to hide behind a nebulous term like SS that has Proudly Igbo people in it , to promote your rabid Igbophobia, you would continue to suffer.

Why are you ashamed of your Urhobo people? Why are you ashamed of hiding behind Urhobo tag and make you statements, why are you hell bent on land grabbing Igbo speaking lands into your nebulous SS tag with aim of vomiting Igbophobic rants up and down?

What's wrong with you just being Urhobo and nothing else?

Even if every Urhobo clan disintegrates today, we will still be all ANTI-IGBO! Take that into your thick drug exporting skull. I don't really care if Isoko or Okpe wants to leave Urhobo. In fact, they may be better off if they do. Urhobo is not like Igbo that FORCES people to identify with her.

As an Urhobo, I am a core member of the SS and the ND! If it pains you so much, you can jump into the River Niger! I have never spoken for any group in the SS as you Igbos are adept at doing.

Mind you, your attempts at FORCING Urhobo into this discourse will be your undoing because it won't enhance your argument in any way, other than reveal your deep seated imperialistic interest in a region that is not yours!

1 Like

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by pazienza(m): 1:27am On May 17, 2017
fratermathy:

Even if every Urhobo clan disintegrates today, we will still be all ANTI-IGBO! Take that into your thick drug exporting skull.

As an Urhobo, I am a core member of the SS and the ND! If it pains you so much, you can jump into the River Niger! I have never spoken for any group in the SS as you Igbos are adept at doing.

Lol! And who cares about your Igbophobia, it can't even hurt an ant, your significance is that small.

As an Igbo, I have core proud Igbo brothers in SS, and I can speak for them and on their behalf. So I would continue to speak of SE /SS alliance, if it so much pains you and your ilks, you can go and do the needful.

But you can't be allowed to pretend to speak for my Igbo brothers by hiding behind nebulous term like SS to spread your rabid Igbo hate.
You will be checkmated, as I am currently doing and beat into submission.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by fratermathy(m): 1:31am On May 17, 2017
pazienza:

Lol! And who cares about your Igbophobia, it can't even hurt an ant, your significance is that small.

As an Igbo, I have core proud Igbo brothers in SS, and I can speak for them and on their behalf. So I would continue to speak of SE /SS alliance, if it so much pains you and your ilks, you can go and do the needful.

But you can't be allowed to pretend to speak for my Igbo brothers by hiding behind nebulous term like SS to spread your rabid Igbo hate.
You will be checkmated, as I am currently doing and beat into submission.

As an Urhobo, I have geo-political alliances with every group in the SS and I will continue to speak of SS and SE division. If it pains you so much, you can riot in Port Harcourt and Aba or take your development to Canada.

Never ever speak for my people by hiding under "SS"! Always restrict your "SS" to "the few Igboid groups in the SS" so that we know EXACTLY which group(s) you are referring to!

Mischief makers!

1 Like

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by pazienza(m): 1:41am On May 17, 2017
fratermathy:

As an Urhobo, I have geo-political alliances with every group in the SS and I will continue to speak of SS and SE division. If it pains you so much, you can riot in Port Harcourt and Aba or take your development to Canada.

Never ever speak for my people by hiding under "SS"! Always restrict your "SS" to "Igbos in the SS" so that we know EXACTLY which group you are referring to!

Mischief makers!

Lol! Yet you are the one who was posturing as the spokes person of a nebulous SS identity, maybe you should take your advise and restrict your misrepresentations to just Urhobo.

As an Igbo, I have linguistic, historical and cultural alliance with my Igbo brothers In Enu ani, and those of them in Ndoki, Asa, Egbema, Isobo, than any minority Urhobo man seeking to use them as lauching pad for his Igbophobic enterprise can ever have with them.

Get real, and stop hiding behind SS tag, be proud of your Urhobo identity for once and restrict your opinions and representations to just Urhobo stop seeking none existing artificial ties with my Igbo kins in SS grin

1 Like

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by fratermathy(m): 1:52am On May 17, 2017
pazienza:

Lol! Yet you are the one who was posturing as the spokes person of a nebulous SS identity, maybe you should take your advise and restrict your misrepresentations to just Urhobo.

As an Igbo, I have linguistic, historical and cultural alliance with my Igbo brothers In Enu ani, and those of them in Ndoki, Asa, Egbema, Isobo, than any minority Urhobo man seeking to use them as lauching pad for his Igbophobic enterprise can ever have with them.

Get real, and stop hiding behind SS tag, be proud of your Urhobo identity for once and restrict your opinions and representations to just Urhobo stop seeking none existing artificial ties with my Igbo kins in SS grin

You and your cohorts should take your advice and gear it into motion. Stop using ambiguous terms like "SS/SE" to create wrong impressions. My usage of "SS" stems from your cohort's usage of the bogus conurbation of "SE/SS" on this thread. You found no problem with that and found problems with mine? (I assume because he is your "nwannem" and serves your interest). So an Igbo can speak for the SS (even when many of you are either busy developing Asia or planning a protest in Aba) but an Urhobo, a verified member of the SS, cannot speak for its group? This is the line of thinking that makes other ethnicities mistrust Igbos.

Always QUALIFY your usage of "SS" to "the few Igboid groups in the SS" or be specific on the groups as you have done in your last post, and we won't have a need for this.

I generally don't descend to the level of trolls and bigots like you but I will bark and bite when you and your lots attempt to marry Urhoboland -obviously implied by usage of the "blanket term", to borrow from your parlance, of "SS"- with SE. Urhobo, like other Edoid groups in the SS, does not have ANYTHING similar with IGBO on any ground. Yet we are in the SS, alongside Ijoid, Ibibioid, Ekoid, Ogonoid, Igboid, etc, groups. These groups do not have anything in common other than the geopolitical alliance called "SS" and our minority statuses. Apart from the Igboid groups, we also do not have ANYTHING to do with IGBO!

So take your message and tell your "nwannems" to stop saying SS/SE and instead use "Igboid groups in the SS/SE"! If you do that we won't have a need for this debasing and highly nauseous conversation.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by Kingsley1000(m): 5:14am On May 17, 2017
IT'S HIGHTIME WE(IGBOS) JOINED APC
Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by BabaRamota1980: 5:41am On May 17, 2017
Ijoid, Ibibioid, Ekoid, Ogonoid, Igboid,

Ijoid
Ibibiad
Ekoid
Ogoniad
Igboid
Igalaq
Nupeic
Barubet
Kanuret
Idomat
Haushic
Gwarishet
Edoset
Urhobic
Isokite
Angasol
Bachamew

Yorubic! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by orisa37: 5:42am On May 17, 2017
Igbo's are just acting funny. They seem to be planning to defraud Nigeria in a big way.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by HungerBAD: 7:45am On May 17, 2017
Mynd44:

I will keep saying that no one group is more persecuted in Nigeria than the other. If you actually believe that one tribe is more bullied then that person is either uninformed, wrongly informed, joking or ignorant. Every Nigerian (that is not a billionaire) is persecuted. What can you do? Suck it in, put on your big boy pants and go for what you want.

It is also weird that the Igbos claim to be persecuted but are actually not a minority. What should small groups say? I mean there are groups that dont have more than a local government……

Pasted a story on the health section and the Anti Spam thing blocked me.

Please help me look into it thanks.
Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by Nobody: 8:15am On May 17, 2017
fratermathy:

Nebulous in what sense? That we have Edoid groups in Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers and Edo States, Igboid groups in Rivers and Delta States, Ijoid groups in Bayelsa, Edo, Delta, Rivers, and Akwa Ibom States, Yoruboid groups in Delta State, Ogonoid groups in Rivers, Ibiboid groups in Cross Rivers and Akwa Ibom, and Ekoid groups in Cross Rivers?

How are all these groups related? Apart from the Igboid minority of minorities in Delta and Rivers States, what connections do the other ethnic groups have with Igbos or the SE?
[b]
You guys should stop deceiving yourselves with the delusion of SS/SE. There is no such thing. Just because SE supported GEJ doesn't mean that there is now an unwritten political alignment between us. [/b]We have our struggles which are TOTALLY DIFFERENT from that of the Igbo cause. Stop playing an unwanted "big brother" by dragging uninterested people into your aspirations.

South-South has come to stay as a geo-political identity in Nigeria. It is a conurbation of groups in the former Western/Mid-West and Eastern Regions and we have come to accept our minority identity. Our coalition is between ourselves ALONE and we understand our struggles. Igbos/SE should identify and fight for theirs ALONE!
Nebulous in the sense of various ethnic composition in S'South. South Southern Nigeria is peopled with different unrelated ethnic groups. This is facts.
Is there any need for you to delve into deep haulage of sermons, when you could have paused for an answer from me?
@ The bold is completely off track, I don't want to believe that you can come down so low to reason like a kid. This is very amusing, I swear. But anyway, nothing is new under the sun.
Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by Nobody: 8:18am On May 17, 2017
fratermathy:

Correction:
Igboland in the SE and parts of SS

Language matters a lot. Don't create the impression that the entire SS, or even half of it, is Igbo land!!! That's the impression the SS minorities will always FIGHT to correct. Your IGBOIDland (not even Igboland) starts from Obiaruku and ends at Asaba in Delta State, Ahoada through Port Harcourt Upland and terminating at Oyigbo in Rivers State, and a small pocket of VILLAGES in Cross Rivers North!

Always use language that will make people trust the Igbo motive, rather than perceive it as a form of land-grabbing or a deliberate creation of false image to the world.
Why are you jittery? What do you stand to loos in the eventual economic cum political alliances of both region? I for one, don't even fancy any form of political alliance with any group, but the way you sound, makes you appear desperate. However, your correction is noted, henceforth, your proposed identifier will be applied.
Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by Afam4eva(m): 8:46am On May 17, 2017
fratermathy:

The SS singlehandedly funds Nigeria! What do Igbos contribute to the nation really? (I am not talking of "drug" exports).
You threw the first shot like you have always done and when people come at you, you start playing the victim, saying that we hate Urhobos when you're always the one stiring shit up.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by fratermathy(m): 8:46am On May 17, 2017
blues20:

Nebulous in the sense of various ethnic composition in S'South. South Southern Nigeria is peopled with different unrelated ethnic groups. This is facts.
Is there any need for you to delve into deep haulage of sermons, when you could have paused for an answer from me?
@ The bold is completely off track, I don't want to believe that you can come down so low to reason like a kid. This is very amusing, I swear. But anyway, nothing is new under the sun.

I admit that I misconstrued your comment, mainly because of what I've grown accustomed to from Nairaland Igbos who try to create the false impression that the SE/SS is a monolithic and monolingual entity.

Since you've cleared the air and shown your sincerity via your follow up comment, I am inclined to apologise for coming strong on you.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by fratermathy(m): 8:46am On May 17, 2017
Afam4eva:

You threw the first shot like you have always done and when people come at you, you start playing the victim, saying that we hate Urhobos when you're always the one stiring shit up.

I didn't. Pazienza did when Urhobo was brought into a Discourse where it was never even mentioned in the first place. Take to him/her first. And if you must foreground my comment, make sure you foreground that of Pazienza as well.
Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by Afam4eva(m): 8:52am On May 17, 2017
fratermathy:

I didn't. Pazienza did when Urhobo was brought into a Discourse where it was never even mentioned in the first place. Take to him/her first. And if you must foreground my comment, make sure you foreground that of Pazienza as well.
He never insulted Urhobo. You on the other hand have clearly called us drug exporters and i have no problem with it. But be ready to take it like a man when the same favour is returned to you.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by fratermathy(m): 8:58am On May 17, 2017
Afam4eva:

He never insulted Urhobo. You on the other hand have clearly called us drug exporters and i have no problem with it. But be ready to take it like a man when the same favour is returned to you.

Read his first comment as he attempted to debase Urhobo out of anger that I truthfully said Igboid groups in the SS are the minority of minorities.

In fact, what even brought Urhobo into the mix of this thread. People have been commenting on the issue and its attendant issues, as I did. Why did he deem it fit to zero in on my Urhoboness? I'm sure other SS minorities have commented here as well... Why Urhobo?

That I may have implied Igbos being drug exporters is a factual response to a stimulus... One that is glaring on this thread!

1 Like

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by Nobody: 9:15am On May 17, 2017
fratermathy:

I admit that I misconstrued your comment, mainly because of what I've grown accustomed to from Nairaland Igbos who try to create the false impression that the SE/SS is a monolithic and monolingual entity.

Since you've cleared the air and shown your sincerity via your follow up comment, I am inclined to apologise for coming strong on you.
....No qualms bro.... Igbos don't and will never nurse the idea to annex any group in the S'South. Even The Igboid group in the South South are not under pressure to identify with us. Its all about freedom of association. Our core tenet is "biri cam biri", which literally translates to "live and let live". All we seek is a fair ground where everybody can maximize his\her potentials.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by HopeAtHand: 10:12am On May 17, 2017
blues20:

....No qualms bro.... Igbos don't and will never nurse the idea to annex any group in the S'South. Even The Igboid group in the South South are not under pressure to identify with us. Its all about freedom of association. Our core tenet is "biri cam biri", which literally translates to "live and let live". All we seek is a fair ground where everybody can maximize his\her potentials.

I have read carefully your arguments with pazienza and can safely say that both the Urhobo and the Igbo can speak on behalf of the SS. Urhobos are found in Delta state and maybe a small spillover in Bayelsa and Igbos are found in Rivers(those like the Asa/Ndoki and Egbema who identifies with Igbo) and Delta(like the Asaba people). Any ethnicity, no matter how small or Large in population, as much as your native to any SS state can speak for the SS. SS is so diverse with multiple interest clamouring for whatever and therefore everybody and anybody should be heard. Only when a specific situation arises can one say i speak on behalf of my ethnicity.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by aribisala0(m): 10:25am On May 17, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

Ijoid
Ibibiad
Ekoid
Ogoniad
Igboid
Igalaq
Nupeic
Barubet
Kanuret
Idomat
Haushic
Gwarishet
Edoset
Urhobic
Isokite
Angasol
Bachamew

Yorubic! grin grin
Herdsmanesque
Abokioid
Flattyoid
Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by aribisala0(m): 10:30am On May 17, 2017
HopeAtHand:

I have read carefully your arguments with pazienza and can safely say that both the Urhobo and the Igbo can speak on behalf of the SS. Urhobos are found in Delta state and maybe a small spillover in Bayelsa and Igbos are found in Rivers(those like the Asa/Ndoki and Egbema who identifies with Igbo) and Delta(like the Asaba people). Any ethnicity, no matter how small or Large in population, as much as your native to any SS state can speak for the SS. SS is so diverse with multiple interest clamouring for whatever and therefore everybody and anybody should be heard. Only when a specific situation arises can one say i speak on behalf of my ethnicity.
You are the Supreme Court? Or The International Court of Justice? Who the hell are you? What are you feeling like? Please conceal your decaying teeth
Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by aribisala0(m): 10:37am On May 17, 2017
blues20:

They did exactly that during the first Republic and the Biafra war, your protestations are false and hollow.
Let me give you one simple example.
Eboe go about calling Port Harcourt IgweOcha or Iguocha. What is that about?
Give us one example of an Ikwerre man that subscribes to that. You went on Wikipedia to concoct a fiction about PH and it's origins You think people are blind or ignorant because they are silent
Go and find out how Ikwerre revolted during the First Republic when Zik and his NCNC Tried to impose an Eboe MP Elugwaraonu on them in Port Harcourt. That was how Wonodi emerged as an independent candidate and trounced the Eboe interloper. You folk lie shamelessly and think only you have brains

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by Afam4eva(m): 11:32am On May 17, 2017
aribisala0:

You are the Supreme Court? Or The International Court of Justice? Who the hell are you? What are you feeling like? Please conceal your decaying teeth
Haha, must you be uncouth to get your point across? She made her own assertion and is not speaking on behalf of anyone but himself just like you've been doing on this forum. The fact that his assertion is not in tandem with yours does not mean you should throw tantrums. Kilonshele gan na?

1 Like

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by Nobody: 11:36am On May 17, 2017
aribisala0:

[s]They did exactly that during the first Republic and the Biafra war, your protestations are false and hollow.
Let me give you one simple example.
Eboe go about calling Port Harcourt IgweOcha or Iguocha. What is that about?
Give us one example of an Ikwerre man that subscribes to that. You went on Wikipedia to concoct a fiction about PH and it's origins You think people are blind or ignorant because they are silent
Go and find out how Ikwerre revolted during the First Republic when Zik and his NCNC Tried to impose an Eboe MP Elugwaraonu on them in Port Harcourt. That was how Wonodi emerged as an independent candidate and trounced the Eboe interloper. You folk lie shamelessly and think only you have brains [/s]
Please, don't ever in your life quote me again. This is the last time you'll get a response from me. I detest your character. I am not "Eboe" and so don't have any reason to converse with you.
Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by Nobody: 11:41am On May 17, 2017
HopeAtHand:

You do have a point, but Nigerian perception over issues sometimes is so complex that ambiguity tends to overshadow simple logic. Nevertheless, we know when to draw or expand boundaries base on contest in view.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Maina: Buhari's Culture Of Corruption Finally Unfolds By Erasmus Ikhide / Atiku Would Defeat Buhari In The North- Buba Galadima(video) / 2023: Labour Party Will Try But Can’t Win Presidential Election – Babatope

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.