Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,951 members, 7,810,632 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:26 PM

Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) (47615 Views)

APC Chairman, Oshiomhole Wears New Look (Photo) / Fayose Pictured With Tinubu, Okorocha, Osinbajo, Amosun At Lagos @ 50 Gala Night / Lagos Commissions Ojodu Berger Pedestrian Bridge As It Wears New Look (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by adekanmbi1986(m): 11:55am On May 13, 2017
Good.
Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by lobinche101(m): 11:58am On May 13, 2017
The statue does not make sense..people just plenty.. Go to Maryland and check it yourself
Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by timilehin95(m): 12:01pm On May 13, 2017
DollarAngel:
Another Money wasted. Rochas used #235miliion for Christmas decorations in IMO STATE, am wondering how much Ambode will use for this Lagos @ 50, Black Mentality, what are we even wasting money to celebrate, when those money cam transform and touch her citizens welfare, wrong priority always in Nigeria
So wat u meant is dat d money used for lagos @ 50 would have ended d hardship in Nigeria?

Or because some people are suffering in Nigeria, d state should also look hagard while she celebrates her birthday? Tell me why you take ur bath nd look good on ur birthdays.

Lastly, never should u ever compare AMBODE of LAGOS to okorocha of imo cuz in as much as development in d states are different, d governors are not mate in terms of achievement... U can condemn ur own biafran governor but not our own afonja governor.

2 Likes

Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by fuckingAyaya(m): 12:04pm On May 13, 2017
SweetJoystick:
Na decoration man go chop?
na Ambode go put food for ur table?

3 Likes

Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by timilehin95(m): 12:05pm On May 13, 2017
Mckandre:
Abode this abode that, shey na this same eye service fashola did doing his own time,well what is he doing now? Probably just dey for office dey warm bench undecided
Wailers associate kiss

Leave FASHOLA alone, after all, his efforts are part of what turned lagos to a potential country on its own

1 Like

Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by timilehin95(m): 12:11pm On May 13, 2017
icedfire:

You apparently haven't been to Lagos before
Ode... I never knew Ambode was d one who took d pictures nd posted it on NAIRALAND

Do me a favour by naming jst one state in Nigeria whose development nd productivity is similar or close to dat of lagos angry

1 Like

Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by curvilicious: 12:14pm On May 13, 2017
Maryland ti change looks. Ope o
Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by Ilias2: 12:15pm On May 13, 2017
DollarAngel:
Another Money wasted. Rochas used #235miliion for Christmas decorations in IMO STATE, am wondering how much Ambode will use for this Lagos @ 50, Black Mentality, what are we even wasting money to celebrate, when those money cam transform and touch her citizens welfare, wrong priority always in Nigeria

Am sure you are aware that the statue was made by a nigerian citizen. From cement bought iron and all the other tools used are sourced and bought in lagos.the artist is being feed so as every individual involve.
The Governor is trying to create a Lagos of tourism and centre of attraction not necessarily must all funds be chanelled into roads and construction.
I feel misplaced priority is what Ogun State government is doing creating an overhead bridges where it is not needed. Using international companies where local contractors are there....

3 Likes

Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by Funjosh(m): 12:17pm On May 13, 2017
Howmon:
The roundabout by ile-zik towards ikeja along is also wearing a good look

Still wondering what type of monumental structure they want to erect their undecided
Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by timilehin95(m): 12:17pm On May 13, 2017
deebrain:
This man has done in 2yrs what Fashola did in 8yrs.

Somebody's prayer really worked in Lagos.

Pls... pray for Imo state.
Now i know how dumb u are for u not to know what continuation is...

Someone cleared d bushes nd laid a foundation nd another person came to build on d foundation is what we call continuation... I hope u will understand dis

1 Like

Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by DollarAngel(m): 12:18pm On May 13, 2017
timilehin95:

So wat u meant is dat d money used for lagos @ 50 would have ended d hardship in Nigeria?

Or because some people are suffering in Nigeria, d state should also look hagard while she celebrates her birthday? Tell me why you take ur bath nd look good on ur birthdays.

Lastly, never should u ever compare AMBODE of LAGOS to okorocha of imo cuz in as much as development in d states are different, d governors are not mate in terms of achievement... U can condemn ur own biafran governor but not our own afonja governor.

Though they might look similar that the discrepancies might not be big still there is difference between judicious spending and profligacy, the problem of Nigeria is we don't have the sense to manage resources, we spend as if they money grows on trees, they don't work for the money his tax payers money and oil, Nigeria is one of the poorest country in the world, but in the same country you see how the money meant for the masses are been managed, you now ask yourself where are we not getting it right, to me Lagos state has the money but the money mapped out for this so call Celebration is uncalled for People talk about Lagos as mega city but only few places enjoys that privilege a megacity without stable light, Pipe Borne water, Good housing scheme, and the rest, stop thinking like a Nigerian think Outside the box, stress the BRAIN a little it's not meant for decoration.
Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by timilehin95(m): 12:26pm On May 13, 2017
ShankiBets:
The cleanest place in Lagos
U don't need to tell me the farthest place U've been to is 13km from ur lungu

I'm sure u will type d same thing if d picture was taken in IKOYI, VGC, AJAH, IKORODU, IKEJA, LEKKI, EPE, PALM GROOVE, OPEBI, etc...
Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by Pamelayoung: 12:42pm On May 13, 2017
Waste of resources. What are his plans for children day that falls within the anniversary? nothing just eye service
Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by ariesbull: 1:03pm On May 13, 2017
Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by ba7man(m): 1:03pm On May 13, 2017
Poverty stricken people be like.....
SweetJoystick:
Na decoration man go chop?
Hunger has eroded this guy's sense of apprecitating a good environment. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by ariesbull: 1:03pm On May 13, 2017
Pamelayoung:
Waste of resources. What are his plans for children day that falls within the anniversary? nothing just eye service

That money would have used to rehabilitate the agbero and urchins in oshodi and obalende
Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by misterh(m): 1:18pm On May 13, 2017
deebrain:

Put some respeck on BRF's name, bro.

1 Like

Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by muyicomms(m): 1:22pm On May 13, 2017
Shawnnn01:
This Ambode is gradually turning out to be another media clown like Obiano, all noise with little to show on developmental level.
ONLY BLIND PEOPLE WONT SEE THE GOOD WORK OF AMBODE IN LAGOS. ROADS EVERYWHERE. FLY OVER IN STRATEGIC LOCATIONS. ETC.

3 Likes

Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by Nobody: 1:25pm On May 13, 2017
deebrain:

Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by Cholls(m): 1:38pm On May 13, 2017
my brother yea new look

Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by osewanu(m): 1:42pm On May 13, 2017
How about covering the smelly drains all over Lagos?
Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by deebrain(m): 2:07pm On May 13, 2017
timilehin95:

Now i know how dumb u are for u not to know what continuation is...

Someone cleared d bushes nd laid a foundation nd another person came to build on d foundation is what we call continuation... I hope u will understand dis

You are even more dumber for not noting that the statement was not dissing Fashola but emphasizing the excellence of the later as outstanding as a super duplex in a plot of land in mushin.

Hope you also understand.
Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by badaru1(m): 2:14pm On May 13, 2017
There are big man holes without cover on Eko bridge, it's disaster waiting to happen, let them use this money they want to waste to repair the bridge.
Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by RosaConsidine: 2:14pm On May 13, 2017
DollarAngel:

Though they might look similar that the discrepancies might not be big still there is difference between judicious spending and profligacy, the problem of Nigeria is we don't have the sense to manage resources, we spend as if they money grows on trees, they don't work for the money his tax payers money and oil, Nigeria is one of the poorest country in the world, but in the same country you see how the money meant for the masses are been managed, you now ask yourself where are we not getting it right, to me Lagos state has the money but the money mapped out for this so call Celebration is uncalled for People talk about Lagos as mega city but only few places enjoys that privilege a megacity without stable light, Pipe Borne water, Good housing scheme, and the rest, stop thinking like a Nigerian think Outside the box, stress the BRAIN a little it's not meant for decoration.

Stable light? You realize Lagos state is not in the business of generating or distributing power, right? Give thanks to your Nigerian constitution for that. Good housing scheme? Ever heard of Lagos HOMS project started by Governor Fashola and being continued by Governor Ambode? Pipe-borne water? Well, we don't have that iny building but quite a number of people say they are connected to the Lagos State water distribution grid. Good roads? You want to moan about that? You know that most of the major roads in Lagos are good and most of the bad ones are either the responsibility of the Federal or Local governments.

Besides, that the state government decided to erect a few monuments and celebrate the state's golden jubilee (golden, right? I always mix up these things) doesn't mean that it's not being alive to it's responsibilities.

1 Like

Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by Azola(m): 2:14pm On May 13, 2017
pls come and give Apapa igaumu good look for the mark of Lagos at 50.
Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by ElsonMorali: 2:15pm On May 13, 2017
I'm not against beautifying the city. It is commendable. The problem I have is with the maintenance of these structures after the 50th anniversary celebration.

The only iconic building we have in Nigeria has become dilapidated and an eyesore. It is also located in Lagos. It's such a shame we have this type of mindset.
Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by RosaConsidine: 2:17pm On May 13, 2017
badaru1:
There are big man holes without cover on Eko bridge, it's disaster waiting to happen, let them use this money they want to waste to repair the bridge.

Now this is a legitimate concern but that the state government decides to celebrate Lagos at 50 does not mean there isn't money for replacing manhole covers.

And who removes those manhole covers by the way sef?
Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by RosaConsidine: 2:18pm On May 13, 2017
ElsonMorali:
I'm not against beautifying the city. It is commendable. The problem I have is with the maintenance of these structures after the 50th anniversary celebration.

The only iconic building we have in Nigeria has become dilapidated and an eyesore. It is also located in Lagos. It's such a shame we have this type of mindset.

Which building is that? If it's the National Theater, you know it's the property of the Federal Government, right?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Youths Burn Their Red Caps As Kwankwaso Is Set To Visit Kano State. Photos / Governor Seyi Makinde Visits Olubadan Of Ibadan / Reno Omokri Reacts To Fashola's Sleeping Photo That Went Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.