Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,970 members, 7,810,689 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) (47616 Views)

APC Chairman, Oshiomhole Wears New Look (Photo) / Fayose Pictured With Tinubu, Okorocha, Osinbajo, Amosun At Lagos @ 50 Gala Night / Lagos Commissions Ojodu Berger Pedestrian Bridge As It Wears New Look (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by BecaciaBarbie(f): 2:27pm On May 13, 2017
SweetJoystick:
Na decoration man go chop?
Oh wow! Hater spotted!
But then when you travel to any country in Europe or America, first thing you'd do is to snap pics of their beautiful environments, thereby making your country look like a pit hole. You are obviously one of those in exposed people, who believes beautification isn't a form of development. Government is trying g, you should appreciate their work and even if you don't, no one cares.
Eko o ni baje oooo

2 Likes

Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by RosaConsidine: 2:27pm On May 13, 2017
ElsonMorali:
I'm not against beautifying the city. It is commendable. The problem I have is with the maintenance of these structures after the 50th anniversary celebration.

The only iconic building we have in Nigeria has become dilapidated and an eyesore. It is also located in Lagos. It's such a shame we have this type of mindset.

By the way, while government's approach to maintenance of public facilities has been underwhelming, the citizens have to take some of the blame too for constantly destroying and defacing public property. Most of the recently renovated BRT bus stops have already been defaced with posters and writings done in permanent marker. The Lagos state government has constantly sandblasted the supports of bridges around the state to get rid of posters people keep putting up on them. Yet, right the following week after one set of posters are removed, a new set are put up. It's annoying to say the least. I think the state government should start arresting and prosecuting those that deface public property. Maybe that will teach people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by Marvidris(f): 2:28pm On May 13, 2017
Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by ElsonMorali: 2:44pm On May 13, 2017
RosaConsidine:

By the way, while government's approach to maintenance of public facilities has been underwhelming, the citizens have to take some of the blame too for constantly destroying and defacing public property. Most of the recently renovated BRT bus stops have already been defaced with posters and writings done in permanent marker. The Lagos state government has constantly sandblasted the supports of bridges around the state to get rid of posters people keep putting up on them. Yet, right the following week after one set of posters are removed, a new set are put up. It's annoying to say the least. I think the state government should start arresting and prosecuting those that deface public property. Maybe that will teach people.

You are right and I agree with you.

But in the end, the blame finally lies at the feet of government.

Other big cities also battle with the menace of those who tag buildings with graffiti especially in NewYork city.

Our government should enact and enforce laws to combat that.

But above and beyond, there are public properties, structures and buildings that have been neglected by the government for so long you'd think they were erected by Noah after the flood.

Government should be proactive when it comes to maintenance of facilities. It should be included in the annual budget.
Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by femolii: 2:46pm On May 13, 2017
Childreen of hate if u don't like it go back to your state of origine. lagos is not osu land or erosion region.

1 Like

Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by ElsonMorali: 2:48pm On May 13, 2017
RosaConsidine:

Which building is that? If it's the National Theater, you know it's the property of the Federal Government, right?

It is the National Theater indeed and Yes, I know it is a Federal building. But I was speaking generally about the Nigerian government, state and Federal.
Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by Jungleluv5: 3:05pm On May 13, 2017
SweetJoystick:
go back to ur state and eat prick
Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 13, 2017
SweetJoystick:
you no get work
Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by sapele914(m): 4:20pm On May 13, 2017
DollarAngel:
Another Money wasted. Rochas used #235miliion for Christmas decorations in IMO STATE, am wondering how much Ambode will use for this Lagos @ 50, Black Mentality, what are we even wasting money to celebrate, when those money cam transform and touch her citizens welfare, wrong priority always in Nigeria
HYPOCRITE pdp agent,when Jonathan and pius Anyim spent 17 billion on centennial celebration in 2014 did you complain,go and look for a job or go back to school if you want to better your life,Nigeria is not a welfare state,right now on CNN market place Africa they are focusing on Nigeria's infrastructural growth be there deceiving yourself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by Shawnnn01: 4:38pm On May 13, 2017
icedfire:

You apparently haven't been to Lagos before

Am quoting in reference to the future when Ambode would have finished his 8 yrs. The battles you refuse to fight today is in the cooler waiting for your children. I rarely leave the Island but I did last week and going from VI to Palm grove took four hours. Now am baffled I thought Ambode fixed all the traffic problem in Lagos.

I shared my experience because ordinarily i know what time to move around to avoid traffic but because of the noise of folks like you that praised Fashola and now singing Ambode anthem i wanted to share in the euphoria but i know beta. I am not just a Lagosian, am an indigene from Ikorodu I know Lagos clearly enough to understand Lagos barely has 3 major highways most built by the federal govt and with all the IGR generated by Lagos this edifice that should be a thing of pride can not maintained. In the 19 yrs of Tinubu and proxy rule by his stooges Lagos as not been able to build a single highway comparable with the likes of Ikorodi road or Oworonshoki express not to talk of third mainland bridge. We all know this generation will likely not be around to witness the 4th mainland bridge Ambode as been making noise about just like the Ekorail Fashola claim will be completed by 2012 and by 2017 it's still nowhere to be found.

Surely Tinubu and his crew should sacrifice more from their loot and grow this state for God sake. My cry should not be mistaken as wailing from the opposition. I am intelligent enoigh to know halve bread Tinubu is miles beta than what anything PDP can offer the state. APC should be charged to do more in Lagos not eulogized. Building a comic relief bridge in Ajah n Abule egba is no major achievement for a state like Lagos. Lagos need more of Lekki link bridge not this. Amosun already built 5 of such in Ogun state. Lagos needs to raise the bar with signature project seen in other great cities of the world.
Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by DollarAngel(m): 4:42pm On May 13, 2017
sapele914:
HYPOCRITE pdp agent,when Jonathan and pius Anyim spent 17 billion on centennial celebration in 2014 did you complain,go and look for a job or go back to school if you want to better your life,Nigeria is not a welfare state,right now on CNN market place Africa they are focusing on Nigeria's infrastructural growth be there deceiving yourself.

Your IQ must be cascading to the lowest level for you to quote me and insult, who told you I am a PDP or APC member or fan, using your Myopic initiative to guess what's not even right, if you are not one of those frustrated destitute seeking for attention. Please be guided and use your brain.
Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by Shawnnn01: 4:53pm On May 13, 2017
Scatterscatter:

You know it Was Ambode that snapped the picture and uploaded it on nairaland.

Your mumu don mature undecided

BTW: in not more than 70 words, explain the term "DEVELOPMENT" undecided let's see how intelligent you are

How sad your parent must be to discover they waste a fortune educating you. Development is chasing people away from Otodo gbame only to convert it into another Tinubu's property. There you have, bet you are excited now ?
Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by Emmanueledu(m): 5:16pm On May 13, 2017
Shawnnn01:
This Ambode is gradually turning out to be another media clown like Obiano, all noise with little to show on developmental level.

stop making yourself a fool on public platform!I guess you've not been to Anambra not to talk of lagos....cause if you have you will surely know that these two governors are currently the most serious governors in Nigeria!!!
Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by tballeyy(m): 5:53pm On May 13, 2017
Mckandre:
Abode this abode that, shey na this same eye service fashola did doing his own time,well what is he doing now? Probably just dey for office dey warm bench undecided
I don't kno y nairaland allow a blind person to comment in this forum, can't u see that the man is transforming lagos
Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by Scatterscatter(m): 6:06pm On May 13, 2017
Shawnnn01:

How sad your parent must be to discover they waste a fortune educating you. Development is chasing people away from Otodo gbame only to convert it into another Tinubu's property. There you have, bet you are excited now ?

Ehya... So sad.
Now I can see what a professor your parents have raised.

Anyways, from your comment I can deduce you aren't very intelligent and mentally balanced if not, you'll know that every city has a master plan and any settlement that isn't legally established will be demolished sooner or later.
Mind you, government has the sole authority over the land and even structures with approved C of O can still be demolished just that they will be compensated.

Think with your head, not your stomach Mr Development.

Anyways, I'm still expecting to see the proof that the so called area you mentioned is now "Tinubu's property"
Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by Howmon: 6:24pm On May 13, 2017
The boats were labelled after all communities in Lagos
Funjosh:

Still wondering what type of monumental structure they want to erect their undecided
Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by Aromas: 6:42pm On May 13, 2017
DollarAngel:
Another Money wasted. Rochas used #235miliion for Christmas decorations in IMO STATE, am wondering how much Ambode will use for this Lagos @ 50, Black Mentality, what are we even wasting money to celebrate, when those money cam transform and touch her citizens welfare, wrong priority always in Nigeria

Ogbeni, calm down. This is how Dubai stated but no one looks at them around 1990 but today n'ko?
Kindly tell me the welfare you're talking about, Lagos State pay civil servant salaries always n this money is being channel back into Lagos economy............ 4rm Gov't 2d workers=== 4rm workers to market women n other businesses transaction n come back to Gov't again through payment of tax.
Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by DollarAngel(m): 6:53pm On May 13, 2017
Aromas:

Ogbeni, calm down. This is how Dubai stated but no one looks at them around 1990 but today n'ko?
Kindly tell me the welfare you're talking about, Lagos State pay civil servant salaries always n this money is being channel back into Lagos economy............ 4rm Gov't 2d workers=== 4rm workers to market women n other businesses transaction n come back to Gov't again through payment of tax.

What do you know about Dubai, how dare you call Dubai when am talking about Lagos, it's an insult, DUBAI HAVE LEADERS THAT HAVE VISIONS, AND YOU SEE IT WITH THEIR MISSIONS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS SO FAR, SINCE 1990 UP TILL TO DATE IN NIGERIA WHAT HAS CHANGED? ARE WE GETTING BETTER OR WORST?. WHAT ARE WE TALKING ABOUT HERE, STOP THINKING LIKE A NIGERIAN, IF THE STATE HAS ENOUGH MONEY CAN'T MINIMUM WAGE BE INCREASED TO #50K HERE? STOP CELEBRATING MEDIOCRITY
Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by BanevsJoker(m): 7:09pm On May 13, 2017
DollarAngel:
600 million, cockRochas wasted 600 million Naira on a Christmas tree.

1 Like

Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by proffc: 7:47pm On May 13, 2017
DollarAngel:

Well! Obviously you don't appreciate aesthetics.

1 Like

Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by timilehin95(m): 8:15pm On May 13, 2017
deebrain:

You are even more dumber for not noting that the statement was not dissing Fashola but emphasizing the excellence of the later as outstanding as a super duplex in a plot of land in mushin

Hope you also understand.
I'm very sure dat even u will find it difficult to comprehend d poo u typed here
Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by DollarAngel(m): 8:22pm On May 13, 2017
proffc:

Well! Obviously you don't appreciate aesthetics.

I do, but I see our Leaders as desperate entities that don't take chances to embezzle or inflate projects at the slightest opportunity, even projects that may not benefit the common man on the street, there high level of profligacy coupled with no accountability for it.
Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by Shawnnn01: 9:27pm On May 13, 2017
Scatterscatter:

Ehya... So sad.
Now I can see what a professor your parents have raised.

Anyways, from your comment I can deduce you aren't very intelligent and mentally balanced if not, you'll know that every city has a master plan and any settlement that isn't legally established will be demolished sooner or later.
Mind you, government has the sole authority over the land and even structures with approved C of O can still be demolished just that they will be compensated.

Think with your head, not your stomach Mr Development.

Anyways, I'm still expecting to see the proof that the so called area you mentioned is now "Tinubu's property"

Like the lstc space that was coveted and master planned for Tinubu to build or sell to shoprite right ? I know what you are and will not waste my time debating someone who is deliberately being naive. I have come far enough to understand fools n intelligent people decide whatever they chose to believe so to you I leave with whichever works for you.
Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by deebrain(m): 3:19am On May 14, 2017
timilehin95:

I'm very sure dat even u will find it difficult to comprehend d poo u typed here

It was a response to the clearing of bushes and foundation set up you earlier emphasised.

olodo.
Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by deomelo: 4:39am On May 14, 2017
deebrain:
This man has done in 2yrs what Fashola did in 8yrs.

Somebody's prayer really worked in Lagos.

Pls... pray for Imo state.

Fashola built 15 waterworks

How many Ambode don build? None

Fashola built 5 power stations

Fashola built 3 bridges including the best bridge in In Nigeria and West Africa called Lekki Ikoyi bridge>

Fashola built 6 modern jetties

Fashola built countless housing estates

Fashola build dozens of new schools

Fashola built many hospitals including the first burn center in Nigeria and the first Cardiac and Renal hospital in Nigeria.

Fashola built 13 maternity centers.

Fashola built many parks including the Freedom park

Fashola build 30 skill acquisition centers

Fashola built rice and cassava mill

Fashola build the Lagos state energy college

Fashola built the new LASG house of assembly

How many ambode don build? None

Fashola built 2 asphalt plant

Fashola built Fashola Paving Stone manufacturing plant

Fashola build many modern court houses

Fashola built many modern markets including the new Oyingbo market

Fashola's work is enough to fill more than 10 pages on NL, but Ambode's work can not fill 1 single page.

Fashola's work goes beyond overhead bridge and basic roads which so far is Ambode's preoccupation which is very basic and non ground breaking per Lagos standard, but no governor in Nigeria past or present can overtake Fashola's achievements because his body of work was very comprehensive and across the board.

I know hate and ignorance are the foundation of your comment so I do understand.

1 Like

Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by deomelo: 4:50am On May 14, 2017
SweetJoystick:

Poor and low mentality.

The folks that labored on thst project now have money to eat with, money to pay bills and take care of family with.

Governments doesn't hand out money, they create jobs like this project for people to do to earn their daily bread.

You can not speak up for something while at the same time against it just because you are clueless and you dont know what your are talking about.

Its is not by force to comment if you can not be logical abd sensible.

1 Like

Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by MICHEALADEX(m): 5:17am On May 14, 2017
Mckandre:
Abode this abode that, shey na this same eye service fashola did during his own time,well what is he doing now? Probably just dey for office dey warm bench undecided

Yes, in the office warming your brain

1 Like

Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by deebrain(m): 6:02am On May 14, 2017
deomelo:

Fashola built 15 waterworks

Fashola built 5 power stations

Fashola built 3 bridges including the best bridge in In Nigeria and West Africa called Lekki Ikoyi bridge>

Fashola built 6 modern jetties

Fashola built countless housing estates

Fashola build dozens of new schools

Fashola built many hospitals including the first burn center in Nigeria and the first Cardiac and Renal hospital in Nigeria.

Fashola built 13 maternity centers.

Fashola built many parks including the Freedom park

Fashola build 30 skill acquisition centers

Fashola built rice and cassava mill

Fashola build the Lagos state energy college

Fashola built the new LASG house of assembly

How many ambode don build? None

Fashola built 2 asphalt plant

Fashola built Fashola Paving Stone manufacturing plant

Fashola build many modern court houses

Fashola built many modern markets including the new Oyingbo market

Fashola's work is enough to fill more than 10 pages on NL, but Ambode's work can not fill 1 single page.

Fashola's work goes beyond overhead bridge and basic roads which so far is Ambode's preoccupation which is very basic and non ground breaking per Lagos standard, but no governor in Nigeria past or present can overtake Fashola's achievements because his body of work was very comprehensive and across the board.

I know hate and ignorance are the foundation of your comment so I do understand.

Ignorance? Hatred? please.

I actually do like the comment (second to the last paragraph) that a governor will go to the basics rather than build the empires that the common man cannot afford.

I will duff my hat for Fashola any day for performance. But please, when you want to compare his work, use the ones that don't cost you your arms and legs to enjoy.
Re: Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) by dealslip(f): 7:28am On May 16, 2017
Shawnnn01:
This Ambode is gradually turning out to be another media clown like Obiano, all noise with little to show on developmental level.

You probably live abroad. In less than 2 years, he has done quite alot.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Youths Burn Their Red Caps As Kwankwaso Is Set To Visit Kano State. Photos / Governor Seyi Makinde Visits Olubadan Of Ibadan / Reno Omokri Reacts To Fashola's Sleeping Photo That Went Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.