Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Scjp Exam In Nigeria - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Scjp Exam In Nigeria (1551 Views)

Post Your Ocpjp (scjp) Questions Here / Post Your Scjp 6.0 Questions Here / Need Info On Scjp Certification Exam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scjp Exam In Nigeria by kriz4luv: 5:37pm On Jan 11, 2010
Good Day all,

Please, i am interested in writing SCJP exam here in Nigeria. i need someone to give me a location where i can take this exam.

Your reply would be of great assistance to me.

Thanks

Kzee.
Re: Scjp Exam In Nigeria by xtraodinaire: 12:48am On Jan 12, 2010
Check some prometric test centres like NIIT nd FirstLogic both on Oba Akran way Ikeja,
Re: Scjp Exam In Nigeria by kriz4luv: 8:45am On Jan 12, 2010
@xtraodinaire

Thanks for the info. it really helped.
Re: Scjp Exam In Nigeria by chukxy: 10:13am On Jan 20, 2010
@poster, happy to note that you are about taken a very challenging exam. In short i am very pleased with your decision . However, my experience about the exam when I took it at NIIT kaduna in 2006, you must in addition to what you have studied so far concerning the course go through Scjp dumps for you to be fully prepared. One more caution, getting the certification is not a guarantee to great achievement in IT. What matters most is the skills you have gathered through rigoruos training and personal development. With your skill, you can on your own do one unique project that will open doors or catapult you to lime light. Once you have built your potofolio through this project and can deliver, they would not even ask you of your certification.

Once again, I wish you best of luck.
Re: Scjp Exam In Nigeria by kriz4luv: 10:37am On Jan 21, 2010
quote author=chukxy link=topic=379697.msg5352335#msg5352335 date=1263978790]
@poster, happy to note that you are about taken a very challenging exam. In short i am very pleased with your decision . However, my experience about the exam when I took it at NIIT kaduna in 2006, you must in addition to what you have studied so far concerning the course go through Scjp dumps for you to be fully prepared. One more caution, getting the certification is not a guarantee to great achievement in IT. What matters most is the skills you have gathered through rigoruos training and personal development. With your skill, you can on your own do one unique project that will open doors or catapult you to lime light. Once you have built your potofolio through this project and can deliver, they would not even ask you of your certification.

Once again, I wish you best of luck.
[quote][/quote]

Thanks for your advice.
But, if u can i would like to go give me directives on how i can get SCJP dumps to aid my course.

Thanks
Re: Scjp Exam In Nigeria by candylips(m): 11:32am On Jan 21, 2010
SCJP is a useless certification

The certificate has been collecting dust on my bookshelf since 2003
Re: Scjp Exam In Nigeria by logica(m): 2:08pm On Jan 21, 2010
candylips:

SCJP is a useless certification

The certificate has been collecting dust on my bookshelf since 2003
Of course it is, after all it expires every 2 years; meaning yours expired in 2005 and mine expired in 2003 grin. My SCWCD expired in 2005. SCJEA is more useful though. I paid for it but didn't bother sitting for it. Now I may just complete it before the middle of the year.
Re: Scjp Exam In Nigeria by candylips(m): 2:31pm On Jan 21, 2010
yea SCJEA makes more sense. Am done with IT certifications though. they are just not worth it.
Re: Scjp Exam In Nigeria by kriz4luv: 2:34pm On Jan 21, 2010
candylips:

yea SCJEA makes more sense. Am done with IT certifications though. they are just not worth it.

Are u saying its not wise 4 me to write this exam?
Re: Scjp Exam In Nigeria by logica(m): 2:37pm On Jan 21, 2010
candylips:

Problem is, some job positions actually list certifications as "added advantage" or even "required". You wouldn't want a situation you'll see an opportunity you like so much, and that fits you almost perfectly, except for the certification part.
Re: Scjp Exam In Nigeria by candylips(m): 2:39pm On Jan 21, 2010
logica:

Problem is, some job positions actually list certifications as "added advantage" or even "required". You wouldn't want a situation you'll see an opportunity you like so much, and that fits you almost perfectly, except for the certification part.

where  ?? nigeria ?? thats not the case for this place o. experience is the king here and probably an advance degree in CS
Re: Scjp Exam In Nigeria by logica(m): 2:44pm On Jan 21, 2010
candylips:

where  ?? nigeria ?? thats not the case for this place o. experience is the king here and probably an advance degree in CS
Nope, in the US. I found a few such, like you'll find a few with Masters listed under "added advantage" or required. Of course they are few. Most of the positions are fine with demonstrable skill, and usually some ask you to do tests on Brainbench.com (I did a few of such). For up to 5 year I worked without anybody asking to see my B.Sc certificate!
Re: Scjp Exam In Nigeria by candylips(m): 5:14pm On Jan 21, 2010
you are right most of the regular developer roles don't even ask for degree or certificate
Re: Scjp Exam In Nigeria by logica(m): 5:34pm On Jan 21, 2010
candylips:

you are right most of the regular developer roles don't even ask for degree or certificate
Actually they usually list them as "required", but they never actually asked for copies for verification (though there was at least more than 1 occasion within the 5 year period I had to send copies of my SCJP certificate since this was required).
Re: Scjp Exam In Nigeria by candylips(m): 5:42pm On Jan 21, 2010
na for only 9ja them dey verify certificate na grin .

i have never been asked for copies of my degree or certifcate here
Re: Scjp Exam In Nigeria by kriz4luv: 5:47pm On Jan 21, 2010
candylips:

na for only 9ja them dey verify certificate na grin .

i have never been asked for copies of my degree or certifcate here

Now i understand where u re coming from.
So u dey for obodoyibo and u say make i no take scjp? WHY NOW?

ABEG UNTIL I DEY THAT SIDE, I NEED AM 4 9JA. grin
Re: Scjp Exam In Nigeria by chukxy: 11:35pm On Jan 21, 2010
yes, send me your email add for me to send the one i used then, though i don't know if is out of date now.
Re: Scjp Exam In Nigeria by kriz4luv: 7:55am On Jan 22, 2010
chukxy:

yes, send me your email add for me to send the one i used then, though i don't know if is out of date now.

kriz4luv@gmail.com.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Which Computer Programming Course Is Relevant For A Microbiologist To Undergo??? / Please I Want To Change All My Windows Pcs To Adroid Or Any Other OS, Help / Learn Java/android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.