Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,928 members, 7,828,219 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself (56900 Views)

See The Name Of The Only King That Can't Be Dethroned In Nigeria / Photos Of The Rolls-Royces In Emir Sanusi’s Garage / Emir Sanusi Returns From London, Welcomed In Style As He Arrives Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by Buharimustgo: 10:21am On May 14, 2017
Look at the shoe his grandfather is wearing,its exactly the same as that of Emir's own,so people should stop asking
Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by driand(m): 10:23am On May 14, 2017
Let the wretches fight it out

#NorthernZombies
Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by Fourwinds: 10:25am On May 14, 2017
azimibraun:
I won't be forced to debate the issue of misappropriation of funds with the devils but I will only just laugh at the other stupid reasons given by them to want to war with the emir. Sanusi as Emir of Kano simply means 2 captain on a ship in Kano. They should have prepared themselves knowing a Man who spoke against his employer GEJ and the FGN at that big stage was coming down to a smaller stage. A place where he has more influence, experience, knowledge and acceptability than anybody in KNSG at the moment. War with the Emir at your own peril. Manage him well and shine. The Governor and the rest are on a suicide mission. Change has come to the Kano Emirate. The Man on the throne is civilised and full of guts. Why won't he send his little brilliant girl to represent him on an issue concerning little girls? who best would have connected more with those girls than their peer? That was a huge move made by the emir. I applauded him because he made a bold statement with that. " I have a daughter like these girls so I know how it feels when I can't account for here where about" Emir Sanusi may be of the Kano emirate but again the Kano cabal should knw he is a national figure and has friends all over the country across many divides. Nigerians will resist any attempt to mess him for standing by truth against the northern brutal and shameless oligarchs.
Brilliant statement

2 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by Carlmax(m): 10:26am On May 14, 2017
Daviddson:
I'm actually in favor of showing these traditional rulers who are literally worshiped in Nigeria that they're not above the law and I'd have celebrated it if Sanusi had been something else, but this is clearly a case of persecution and that of powers that be trying to bully him into submission. I hope it fails.

It will fail, they can't bully my mentor.

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by Nobody: 10:28am On May 14, 2017
wordcat:
I'm still wondering why Sanusi accepted the Emirship in the first place

Ask Rabiu Musa kwankwanso
Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by kudosamass(m): 10:28am On May 14, 2017
THIS IS A WAR BETWEEN PROGRESSIVE & ESTABLISHMENT FORCES:
The design to dethrone Sanusi is a war by those who kept Nigeria backward to maintain the status quo. It is no news that Nigeria as presently constituted is not working. It is no news that Northern Nigeria is backward. One does not need to be a Professor to know that there is a symbiotic relationship between leadership & backwardness in Northern Nigeria.
Now, a first class royalty from North said, 'hi guys, our system isn't working. Let's change our style to get different result.' Instead of Northern leaders to engage him in a constructive and logical argument with statistical data, they are bent on dethroning him with urgent intent. What another black day for the Blackman!

IMPLICATIONS:
(1) If Sanusi is eventually dethroned, then the Establishment has finally cowed every dissenting voice in Northern Nigeria. It is going to be a warning sign to all that this is a no go area!
(2) This golden opportunity of throwing to the table for discussion the state of Northern Nigeria as presented by Sanusi will be lost. No other person will risk going through that road.

Nigerians should wake up and see this as a challenge to the progress of the the Nation and not a Kano issue. Kano experience is just a microcosm of Northern Nigeria experience. We should not allow Sanusi to be dethroned. This is not about corruption. It is about hegemony. It is about who gets what, when and how! It is about the spirit and soul of Nigeria. I do not like Sanusi as a person, but I cherish his ideals.

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by Carlmax(m): 10:30am On May 14, 2017
azimibraun:
I won't be forced to debate the issue of misappropriation of funds with the devils but I will only just laugh at the other stupid reasons given by them to want to war with the emir. Sanusi as Emir of Kano simply means 2 captain on a ship in Kano. They should have prepared themselves knowing a Man who spoke against his employer GEJ and the FGN at that big stage was coming down to a smaller stage. A place where he has more influence, experience, knowledge and acceptability than anybody in KNSG at the moment. War with the Emir at your own peril. Manage him well and shine. The Governor and the rest are on a suicide mission. Change has come to the Kano Emirate. The Man on the throne is civilised and full of guts. Why won't he send his little brilliant girl to represent him on an issue concerning little girls? who best would have connected more with those girls than their peer? That was a huge move made by the emir. I applauded him because he made a bold statement with that. " I have a daughter like these girls so I know how it feels when I can't account for here where about" Emir Sanusi may be of the Kano emirate but again the Kano cabal should knw he is a national figure and has friends all over the country across many divides. Nigerians will resist any attempt to mess him for standing by truth against the northern brutal and shameless oligarchs.

I was disappointed he chose the Stool, He should have been the president of Nigeria, what a president he would have been. #IstandwithSLS

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by zoomzoom(m): 10:35am On May 14, 2017
ourema:
I remember the power play that took place before his appointment in GEJ administration. I wonder what he will say if eventually he is Dethroned like his own grand father. He needs to go into politics

Perhaps he is who northern Nigeria needs to complete their second tenure..
He will be acceptable to all because of his more cosmopolitan views.
He of course will be rejected as is happening by the old order "read establishment".but it won't be only their choice to make.

God works in mysterious ways.

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by nextprince: 10:51am On May 14, 2017
wordcat:

Accepted or rigorously fought for it?
Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by nellyelitz(m): 10:53am On May 14, 2017
wordcat:
accepted what? He was even lobbying fot it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by madridguy(m): 10:55am On May 14, 2017
Noted.
Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by uvalued(m): 11:05am On May 14, 2017
is this the problem with her dress unislamically.. okay how about zahra buhari compare and contrast

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by McDonJay(m): 11:06am On May 14, 2017
Daviddson:
I'm actually in favor of showing these traditional rulers who are literally worshiped in Nigeria that they're not above the law and I'd have celebrated it if Sanusi had been something else, but this is clearly a case of persecution and that of powers that be trying to bully him into submission. I hope it fails.
Sir, SLS knew what he was getting into before they enthroned him. And of course u know how a kingmaker from the southwest flew to Kano to set trap for the then govt. If u are honest in all u do you'll be bold and stand out otherwise nemesis is always around the corner.
Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by Nobody: 11:08am On May 14, 2017
Ganduje & his peeps, kano emirate council my respect for you guys is dwindling. I swear you northern elders are completely, useless, selfish, & utterly old fashioned. Now you get some1 who is super educated in both the Islamic & western aspect. YOU ARE TRYING TO PULL HIM DOWN TO UR LEVEL OF STUPIDITY SO THAT THE NORTH CAN STAY BACKWARDS 4EVER. Well, you will not succeed. SLS fire on
Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by HeGeMon(m): 11:10am On May 14, 2017
APC will die in Kano if anything happens to Sanusi, SLS11 is anti establishment, the oligarchy is holding the North in doldrums, what I don't hear is people condemning those people afflicting the Emir for the only truth that is true nobody is standing in support of him, but what I know is that the present crop of enlightened & educated Northern youths will be progressive. All these trouble stems from the failure of the APC govt at all levels. All these travails are handiwork of a failed & comatose government. 2019 is in the offing, we shall change all these rubbish

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by Amoto94(m): 11:12am On May 14, 2017
AfroSamurai:
Such pettiness! I believe the powers that be in Kano aren't happy just because Sanusi is telling them the truth, which is their religion is outdated and hated.

They should wash their eyes with sand and see the reality on ground. The north is poor! Plain and simple. Any region that allow men marry women indiscriminately and birth babies the way pigs give birth is heading head on for doom.

Let them know this. They can frustrate Emir Sanusi as they wish. But the truth will always be glaring to them, no matter how they want to hide it.
Some of you retards from whichever region you came from will come online to spew rubbish and insult others as if you're better than them by any stretch.
Nigeria as a whole is a poor nation deny this fact at your own peril, the issue of North been poor is not different that of South. How many Nigerians can feed comfortably three times daily on the average? How many Nigerians have good access to quality education and health system? How many Nigerians have access to pipe borne water, how many Nigerians have access to good roads and live in a serene environment? How many Nigerians have good paying jobs, how many Nigerians have good judicial system?
Nigeria is almost a failed state due to the failure of its leaders to build a viable country and the followers inability to reason beyond parochial sentiments.
As for religion no matter how you try to paint Islam in bad light the truth shall always prevail.
cc: Vedaxcool, FriendNG

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by FriendNG: 11:19am On May 14, 2017
Amoto94:
Some of you retards from whichever region you came from will come online to spew rubbish and insult others as if you're better than them by any stretch.
Nigeria as a whole is a poor nation deny this fact at your own peril, the issue of North been poor is not different that of South. How many Nigerians can feed comfortably three times daily on the average? How many Nigerians have good access to quality education and health system? How many Nigerians have access to pipe borne water, how many Nigerians have access to good roads and live in a serene environment? How many Nigerians have good paying jobs, how many Nigerians have good judicial system?
Nigeria is almost a failed state due to the failure of its leaders to build a viable country and the followers inability to reason beyond parochial sentiments.
As for religion no matter how you try to paint Islam in bad light the truth shall always prevail.

Leave the Alade please. They in the South are more uncivilized, uncultured, more illiterate than the north.
Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by Nobody: 11:21am On May 14, 2017
ourema:
I agree with you

thanks dear.
Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by lebete3000: 11:23am On May 14, 2017
Chiefpriest1:
Sanusi might be hypocritical sometimes (living an ostentatious life and trash-talking others), but each time he talks, he hits the nail right on the head.

We know where this is coming from. He has touched the tail of the snake ( criticised the backward , ultra-conservative, regressive) northern leaders.

What I feel Sanusi tries to do is to trash talk others to divert attention away from his faulty lifestyle. That's sometimes OBJs tactic which works well for him but sort of backfires against SLS. If Buhari had not won d election GEJ go don deal with SLS properly.

He who wants equity must come with clean hands....you can't dine with the devil den criticise him after supping with him....even those with clean hands still lose cases how much more when you're soaked in mud with your aggressor.

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by AfroSamurai: 11:24am On May 14, 2017
Amoto94:
Of course I'm better than many of them. I served in the north and I've seen just ho wretched and miserable many northern muslims are. So please, shove it.

Oh please keep quite! Nigeria isn't poor! And I deny that mundane fact of yours ten times over.

Nigeria is a rich country. Mismanagement and looting of funds is what made Nigeria what she is today and this is as a result of bad and ineffective leadership which the north, yes northern muslim contribute a great deal to because they are the ones who have governed Nigeria most.

No matter what, you can never compare the life of the average southerner to that of the average northern muslim. That is one who, instead of going to work, spends his time in the mosque reading and chanting "la ila ila la" as if that will put food in his stomach.

And who do we hold responsible, me and you, right? Or the northern muslims who ruled this country as military dictators and pummelled her into the stone age because of the illiterate mentality being fuelled by a religion as archaic as their Neanderthal brain.

I wonder which truth will prevail, the truth of religion (Islam) being useless in today's contemporary society? Or the truth of you not believing that your region is backward and totally needs serious help? Which truth, Mr. Man?

3 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by fuckpro: 11:27am On May 14, 2017
Ersan:

Again, i am all for female empowerment.

But you speak as if your opinion, morals or way of life is of any relevance to ours. Not that i disagree with you but since when do you decide whats decent islamically and what is not? why will you compare the standards of the daughter of a secular president to that religious monarch.
If you think there's a play against females in the north, how does that concern your daughter in the south?

You are so passionate about matters that don't concern or affect you.
... Then why are you hell bent on the ONE NIGERIA mantra if this doesn't concern south ... Ok its the southerner's oil that you are addicted to ...pleazeeee hypocrite

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by AfroSamurai: 11:29am On May 14, 2017
FriendNG:

Leave the Alade please. They in the South are more uncivilized, uncultured, more illiterate than the north.
Which rat hole did you crawl out from, Mr?

Can you provide proof of the foolish nonsense you just spewed?

"The south is uncivilised, un cultured and more illiterate than the north?" tell me, what brand of gbana are you smoking?

3 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 11:30am On May 14, 2017
[quote author=staknat post=56503573][/quote] How reliable are you in your data deal?
Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by fuckpro: 11:30am On May 14, 2017
AfroSamurai:
There's a say: "evil thrives because men refuse to do something".
hello
Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by Okalamu9(m): 11:31am On May 14, 2017
Hmmmmm
Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by AfroSamurai: 11:31am On May 14, 2017
fuckpro:
hello
Hello is the title of a song by Lionel Richie.

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by Nobody: 11:32am On May 14, 2017
fuckpro:
... Then why are you hell bent on the ONE NIGERIA mantra if this doesn't concern south ... Ok its the southerner's oil that you are addicted to ...pleazeeee bloody hypocrite

Do you see us trying to fiddle with your obi or any other regional leader? Thats your culture, thats your region.

But you lot have something to say about everything we do. You're the hypocrites here, not us.
Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by FriendNG: 11:33am On May 14, 2017
[s]
AfroSamurai:
Which rat hole did you crawl out from, Mr?

Can you provide proof of the foolish nonsense you just spewed?

"The south is uncivilised, un cultured and more illiterate than the north?" tell me, what brand of gbana are you smoking?
[/s]

Stay out of my post. I don't have time to reply Alade like you.
Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by AfroSamurai: 11:37am On May 14, 2017
FriendNG:

Stay out of my post. I don't have time to reply Alade like you.
Shut tha fuck_ up! You bloody uncircumcised illiterate!

People like you is the reason why Nigeria is a redundant state. You penchant for falsehood and spreading that outdated religion of yours is among the reason why we're in this mess in the first place.

Ignoramus like you will always cower and run when asked to show facts to back up your frivolous yet inane claims.

Now run to the mosque and recite "la ila ila la" 999 times without drinking water.

Now piss off!!!. tongue
Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by fuckpro: 11:37am On May 14, 2017
Ersan:

Do you see us trying to fiddle with who your obi or any other regional leader? Thats your culture, thats your region.

But you lot have something to say about everything we do? You're the hypocrites here, not us.
... That Emir Sanusi is one of the best things that have happened in the north cherish him,men like that only come a handful in a century,anyway I apologize for my outburst I see you are not the usual belligerent northerner cheers

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by grandstar(m): 11:41am On May 14, 2017
azimibraun:

He is a moderniser amongst a conservative populace. His support Base may not be able to stop the backlash.

The rail project is white elephant project that is a massive waste of resources and it's good he spoke out. It would however have been much better if he had spoken to then in private.

His impudence with funds is Inexcusable and may be his downfall

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi's Grandfather Was Dethroned In 1963 & It's About To Repeat Itself by fuckpro: 11:45am On May 14, 2017
Ersan:

Do you see us trying to fiddle with your obi or any other regional leader? Thats your culture, thats your region.

But you lot have something to say about everything we do. You're the hypocrites here, not us.

The signs of hatred and envy that follows your inferiority complex.
...i did not see this 'Inferiority complex' HELLOOOOO what is that!!! how can an educational backward wilderness be made fertile when you keep on disappointing your benefactor like this,you mean with all our oil investment you still can't reason straight and I won't be surprise if your people look at you as a genius...this is appalling

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Prince Monday Obukeni Weds 2 Women Ufuoma Ozoro, Oghale Andrew Same Day In Delta / Some Legendary Nigerian Pictures And Quotes / Bushy Masquerade Announces Festival In Umuoji, Anambra (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.