Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,222 members, 7,829,371 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

UTME: Internet Failure, Lateness To Centres Mar First Day Of Exam - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UTME: Internet Failure, Lateness To Centres Mar First Day Of Exam (13161 Views)

2019 JAMB-UTME: System Failure, Lateness And Other Hitches Mar Day I / Candidates’ Lateness: JAMB Will Not Reschedule Exam — Oloyede / Ebonyi Demotes Five Head Teachers Because Of Exam Malpractise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UTME: Internet Failure, Lateness To Centres Mar First Day Of Exam by Nobody: 4:22pm On May 14, 2017
Problem is not from JAMB, it is from the fact that Nigeria does not have sufficent infrastructure to support a nationwide internet broadband service.

JAMB should go back to paper exams. Until we get there.

1 Like

Re: UTME: Internet Failure, Lateness To Centres Mar First Day Of Exam by itzwizzle: 4:22pm On May 14, 2017
clarkmos15:
me sef

Better come bk come comment grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: UTME: Internet Failure, Lateness To Centres Mar First Day Of Exam by madgoat(m): 4:24pm On May 14, 2017
Na God catch all of them
Re: UTME: Internet Failure, Lateness To Centres Mar First Day Of Exam by shamack: 4:25pm On May 14, 2017
9jakohai:
Problem is not from JAMB, it is from the fact that Nigeria does not have sufficent infrastructure to support a nationwide internet broadband service.

JAMB should go back to paper exams. Until we get there.

we will strive and try before we get there,,,,,
Re: UTME: Internet Failure, Lateness To Centres Mar First Day Of Exam by dacovajnr: 4:26pm On May 14, 2017
kennygee:
It shows there is room for improvement.

They will get it right eventually.

Rome wasn't built in a day.
But it was a plan well executed not a Gragra job cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: UTME: Internet Failure, Lateness To Centres Mar First Day Of Exam by joepentwo(m): 4:28pm On May 14, 2017
what of those wu were nt able to write.
Due to lateness nd d security official bin rude to dem@IBom E-library Uyo.
Re: UTME: Internet Failure, Lateness To Centres Mar First Day Of Exam by Nobody: 4:28pm On May 14, 2017
dacovajnr:
But it was a plan well executed not a Gragra job cheesy cheesy

I'm sure they also had a plan. There aren't plans free of hitches.
Re: UTME: Internet Failure, Lateness To Centres Mar First Day Of Exam by EmpressEnnie(f): 4:28pm On May 14, 2017
Mine is on wednesday @ kunike int. xcul(7 a.m)...dis one dat dey re sayn poor internet services..i hope t will be rectified soon.m worried embarassed
Re: UTME: Internet Failure, Lateness To Centres Mar First Day Of Exam by dechar(m): 4:32pm On May 14, 2017
kennygee:

make them no take people result do Rome was not build in a day o
Re: UTME: Internet Failure, Lateness To Centres Mar First Day Of Exam by Kingzy4pep(m): 4:43pm On May 14, 2017
I was a proctor at the Icpc academy centre and it went so smoothly and I thought it was like that all over the centres.
Re: UTME: Internet Failure, Lateness To Centres Mar First Day Of Exam by vantage001: 4:54pm On May 14, 2017
kennygee:

I'm sure they also had a plan. There aren't plans free of hitches.
Do you work for Jamb?
Re: UTME: Internet Failure, Lateness To Centres Mar First Day Of Exam by seunlayi(m): 5:09pm On May 14, 2017
corpersforum:

Electricity failure, poor internet mars exercise in Ibadan

Electricity failure and poor internet connection stalled the smooth conduct of the UTME at the Information Communication Technology (ICT) centre of the Polytechnic Ibadan, as many candidates experienced difficulties during the exercise.

Sunday Tribune gathered that the ICT edifice, which was to host three sets of candidates for the UTME examination at its two centers (centre 1 and 2), only had a smooth exercise at centre 1, while system malfunction causing a serious hiccup at the second centre.

In bid to rectify the problem, the UTME officials swiftly conveyed hundreds of affected candidates to the University of Ibadan CBT centre in two buses, Sunday Tribune gathered.

Sunday Tribune learnt that the hiccups also caused delay for more than an hour, as electricity reportedly went off for 30 minutes, precisely, from 10 a.m. to 10.30 a.m.

The development was said to have made the centre rowdy as candidates as well as parents and guardians raised eyebrow on the development.

Speaking to Sunday Tribune, a furious candidate said “the JAMB officials and the management at large are unfair to us. Though they know that the centre doesn’t have what it takes to carry out the exercise, yet they still brought us here. I hope these problems won’t affect my result.”

An embittered official also lamented the technical hitch, saying “despite several efforts and assurance from the authorities of the tertiary institution to carry out a hitch-free exercise, technical hitches still occurred where some candidates had to be taken elsewhere to write their examination.”

It was gathered that candidates also experienced a similar problem during the recently held mock UTME examination in the centre, with candidates having to leave the centre at 10 p.m.

At the second centre in the same institution,....

(Source: http://tribuneonlineng.com/utme-mixed-reactions-internet-failure-lateness-centres-mar-first-day-examination/)

Make I laugh small
Re: UTME: Internet Failure, Lateness To Centres Mar First Day Of Exam by iamdrfresh: 5:23pm On May 14, 2017
hotspec:
How much i wish for JAMB to be scrapped and let each institution set entrance exams or screening hurdles for their students. How many foreign universities engage in unified exams bf d children of our yam eaters gain admission? But here, a Zamfara boy with 180 will be given "Medicine" in OAU under d guise of Education Less Privilege States (ELPS); while an Oyo guy with 260 will not be considered.

Radaada!

least you can get in UTME to be qualified to study any course in OAU is 200... Stop making it sound like it's that worse, ELDS is not particular to OAU alone. There's nothing anyone can do about that!
Re: UTME: Internet Failure, Lateness To Centres Mar First Day Of Exam by iamdrfresh: 5:24pm On May 14, 2017
We seriously have a long way to go in this country!!!
Re: UTME: Internet Failure, Lateness To Centres Mar First Day Of Exam by Jinf: 5:53pm On May 14, 2017
kennygee:

So they should keep trying and testing with people's future huh? This same issue(s) happened last year and caused many to fail. Now it's happening again! Let them scrap the shii called JAMB!
Re: UTME: Internet Failure, Lateness To Centres Mar First Day Of Exam by eitsei(m): 6:14pm On May 14, 2017
EmpressEnnie:
Mine is on wednesday @ kunike int. xcul(7 a.m)...dis one dat dey re sayn poor internet services..i hope t will be rectified soon.m worried embarassed
kunike in Osogbo?
Re: UTME: Internet Failure, Lateness To Centres Mar First Day Of Exam by Nobody: 7:02pm On May 14, 2017
PharmaGirl:
In my centre,we(the 7 am set) were not able to write until 3pm.They said the server was bad.

where did you write your exam?
Re: UTME: Internet Failure, Lateness To Centres Mar First Day Of Exam by tete7000(m): 7:43pm On May 14, 2017
kennygee:

Some candidates will end up being used as guinea pigs while they try to get in right.
Re: UTME: Internet Failure, Lateness To Centres Mar First Day Of Exam by persius555(m): 8:34pm On May 14, 2017
Using public internet infrastructure to access web servers via vpn?

Whoever is consulting on behalf of jamb is a either a numskull or newbie.
Re: UTME: Internet Failure, Lateness To Centres Mar First Day Of Exam by franugo(m): 8:42pm On May 14, 2017
PharmaGirl:
In my centre,we(the 7 am set) were not able to write until 3pm.They said the server was bad.

you're lucky...in d centre where i was posted to examine d exam [i'm a corper], we had two batches of 250 students each. D problem in my centre boku n only like 120 systems worked so the batches had to be cut into streams 1&2. Exam started very late n Final stream ended exam around 10pm

...so exhausting i swear
Re: UTME: Internet Failure, Lateness To Centres Mar First Day Of Exam by Ebije1(m): 9:47pm On May 14, 2017
Agbafs2005:
We suppose dey crawl buh wan follow d rest of d world fly. Yeryer....bera come back to paper back.

Pls tell me d occasion naijerians no fit late for? undecided
wedding reception grin

1 Like

Re: UTME: Internet Failure, Lateness To Centres Mar First Day Of Exam by Bishops10(m): 10:17pm On May 14, 2017
Our exam runz is 100% genuine, we assure you at least 280 in your 2017 jamb You get your answers 8hrs before your exam Fee: 5k for the four subjects We get your answers with your jamb reg number
Re: UTME: Internet Failure, Lateness To Centres Mar First Day Of Exam by EmpressEnnie(f): 1:22pm On May 15, 2017
Yh
Re: UTME: Internet Failure, Lateness To Centres Mar First Day Of Exam by EmpressEnnie(f): 1:24pm On May 15, 2017
eitsei:
kunike in Osogbo?
yh
Re: UTME: Internet Failure, Lateness To Centres Mar First Day Of Exam by eitsei(m): 2:42pm On May 15, 2017
EmpressEnnie:
yh
centers in Osogbo are kind of having hitch free exercises based on what I was told by those that have done their own since Saturday
Re: UTME: Internet Failure, Lateness To Centres Mar First Day Of Exam by madeofhuman(m): 5:16pm On May 15, 2017
Nigeria is just a series of good intentions with poor execution. Computerization is great, heck it is the future, but the basic infrastructure like power and internet need to be 100% in place and with multiple redundancies before we can fully go digital.

1 Like

Re: UTME: Internet Failure, Lateness To Centres Mar First Day Of Exam by EmpressEnnie(f): 9:46pm On May 15, 2017
eitsei:
centers in Osogbo are kind of having hitch free exercises based on what I was told by those that have done their own since Saturday
alryt,tnx

(1) (2) (Reply)

When Is The Polytechnic Ibadan Resuming / Over Unpaid Scholarships: Hundreds Of Nigerian Students Face Deportation In UK / PHOTOS: Lady Shares Textbooks To Students In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.