Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,472 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History (52217 Views)

Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? / Pope Francis Makes History, Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco As Two Child Saints (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by MOSICATED5(m): 5:07pm On May 14, 2017
No one bible reference to all what d pope did and said.
Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by stasius: 5:10pm On May 14, 2017
Catholic forever! !

Ave!! Maria!!
Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by Youdondeymad: 5:10pm On May 14, 2017
Iamzik:

The very nature of man makes its necessary to have some form of ideology, philosophy or belief system. In the absence of religion, yours is free thinking.

Unless you are the father of free thinking then I must say it's your opium as well.

Have a great productive week.
One love,cheers

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by jacoik(m): 5:16pm On May 14, 2017
Bugatie:

And the pastor abi daddy G.O you kneel down to greet is ungraven?
wonderful answer to a fool. If to say u dey close I for give you 5blts of orijin
Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by Bugatie(m): 5:25pm On May 14, 2017
jacoik:
wonderful answer to a fool. If to say u dey close I for give you 5blts of orijin

Haba Bros, send me soft copy nau, I fit arrange myself here for PH
Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by uzoexcel(m): 5:28pm On May 14, 2017
Syncan:

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/francisco-and-jacinta-have-officially-been-declared-saints-38630/

May their lives inspire us to a life of sacrifice and holiness.

Good one Pope.
The 3 children of Fatima
Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by smart024(m): 5:31pm On May 14, 2017
Why this news come be headache to some people way no even understand wetin dey nah...?

Nowadays some people have stopped worshipping "The God of Heaven and Earth" and are now worshipping "the god of their general overseers", yet they come here and point fingers at what the Catholic church does...

Have you ever heard that a saint is worshipped in the Catholic church...?

All You Holy Angels And Saints, Pray For Us...
Catholic And Proud...!

4 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by igwegeorgiano(m): 5:33pm On May 14, 2017
A ave maria our noble queen

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by Nickymezor(f): 5:42pm On May 14, 2017
Wat a great news.... St Francisco and St Jacinta pray 4 Us.
Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by Bugatie(m): 5:44pm On May 14, 2017
lonelydora:

Brother, take some bottles for my head. Epic

Bros no dey tempt me nau

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by UjSizzle(f): 5:45pm On May 14, 2017
Syncan:

Stop acting all Innocent. This is a thread talking about an activity of the Catholic church, I wasn't the one that ran in here talking about "You shall not bow down to them or serve them...", only to turn around and claim not liking arguments. It was you, and that's hypocrisy. Tell yourself the truth, how many Catholics go into threads accusing Non Catholics of this or that? If you want to stop the war against Catholics, which you call denominational wars, then leave Catholics alone.
Okay. First of us, I haven't fought anyone here. All I did was add an extra verse someone claimed to be nonexistent.
It's funny you assume I'm not catholic because I'm not here brandishing my sword and fighting off Pentecostals.

P.S. You shouldn't jump into conversations whose origins you can't be bothered to trace. Because if you had bothered reading back, you'd know I was only telling someone his argument wasn't exactly factual.

Now who's the hypocrite?
Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by Mikylopez(f): 6:46pm On May 14, 2017
Amberon:
You would have made sense if you had said proudly Christian.
why you pained tho
Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by Gregdcutie(m): 6:47pm On May 14, 2017
jacoik:
bro u for complete the song na. Honestly I have been singing the song since morning but don't really know it again till end
osifa kpebe ekpere mak'njo k'uwa. Aha ya by lucy , Aha ya by Francisco, Aha ya by Jacinta (forgotten this part).Umu mary ooo, anyi (forgotten here as well)...Our lady help of Christians block rosary centre.Priceless memories
Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by Syncan(m): 7:09pm On May 14, 2017
UjSizzle:

Okay. First of us, I haven't fought anyone here. All I did was add an extra verse someone claimed to be nonexistent.
It's funny you assume I'm not catholic because I'm not here brandishing my sword and fighting off Pentecostals.

P.S. You shouldn't jump into conversations whose origins you can't be bothered to trace. Because if you had bothered reading back, you'd know I was only telling someone his argument wasn't exactly factual.

Now who's the hypocrite?

I have been on nairaland section long enough to know you're not a Catholic, though anyone reading your posts can detect that already. You're Anglican so there's no assumption here, but that's not what we're talking about. I know exactly where you came into the fray, and what was going on before you jumped in. Take a bit of your own medicine and stop being hypocritical.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by An2elect2(f): 8:02pm On May 14, 2017
Syncan:

Don't worry about that, in the earlier centuries, even before we compiled the bible, our ratio to heretics was a lot more than what it is today to protestants.

(Matthew 7:13 KJV) Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by UjSizzle(f): 8:24pm On May 14, 2017
Syncan:

I have been on nairaland section long enough to know you're not a Catholic, though anyone reading your posts can detect that already. You're Anglican so there's no assumption here, but that's not what we're talking about. I know exactly where you came into the fray, and what was going on before you jumped in. Take a bit of your own medicine and stop being hypocritical.
*sigh*

Not everyone is against the catholic church. I literally began my life in the church and have a deep respect for it. I'd rather attend mass than go to a pentecostal church for personal reasons. That's not to say I agree with all its doctrines, but I don't hate it either.
And please just because I dared to properly quote a scripture doesn't automatically make it a Us vs Them situation. You can at least stop thinking every non-catholic is out to fight the church.

I'm done with this very unnecessary conversation. You have a productive week ahead while I take my hypocrisy to those who understand what the word means smiley
Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by Nobody: 8:30pm On May 14, 2017
bonarhyme:

How do you know that God didn't give catholics that instruction?

As long as you can't show when the instruction was given its as good as not given. Besides, if at all God gave the instruction we would have heard Catholics saying so.
Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by omojeesu(m): 8:38pm On May 14, 2017
Syncan:

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/francisco-and-jacinta-have-officially-been-declared-saints-38630/

May their lives inspire us to a life of sacrifice and holiness.

Once you're born again you're automatically a saint. The idea of making someone a saint is alien to the new testament church.
Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by Nobody: 8:44pm On May 14, 2017
Syncan:

It's ok, now I understand it was a mistake. However am sure what he was trying to do was tell you that the making of Image was not what was condemned (for God himself still went ahead to order it's making), but making something and actually taking that thing as God.
But the Bible still says we should not make images with the likeness of anything in heaven. And besides, bowing to the images of Jesus and Mary is still idolatry. You don't necessarily have to take them as Gods before it can be established as idolatry.
It was God's direct instruction to make that serpent image. But God didn't instruct you to bow to images of Jesus and Mary.
Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by xxxtedyxxx(m): 8:57pm On May 14, 2017
Nofuckgiven:
Waiting for the haters who don't know anything about the Catholic church to come and display their ignorance!! Meanwhile they would go to church today and be forced to pay their pastors tithes,seeds,deliverance fee,anointing fee and other ludicrous donations which no one ever knows where they end up!! undecided
At least no one is forced to donate in Catholic church,it is done out of your own freewill!! coolSomehow they still remain the largest church on Earth both in population and charity. grin

MUMU

Forced donations is also a normal thing in catholic churches, and you know it. What do you call all those nonsense donations and gambling they do in the house of God during harvest?
Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by Syncan(m): 9:26pm On May 14, 2017
xavieree:
I really liked the way you made your point....are you a seminarian?

Thanks. You can do more than am doing if you want, don't have to be a seminarian. Let's just say I am informed.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by Syncan(m): 9:29pm On May 14, 2017
An2elect2:

(Matthew 7:13 KJV) Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Wasn't it you that bullied someone for just dropping scripture quotes on your thread the other day? Hypocrite!!! By their fruits ye shall know them.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by Syncan(m): 9:36pm On May 14, 2017
UjSizzle:

*sigh*

Not everyone is against the catholic church. I literally began my life in the church and have a deep respect for it. I'd rather attend mass than go to a pentecostal church for personal reasons. That's not to say I agree with all its doctrines, but I don't hate it either.
And please just because I dared to properly quote a scripture doesn't automatically make it a Us vs Them situation. You can at least stop thinking every non-catholic is out to fight the church.

I'm done with this very unnecessary conversation. You have a productive week ahead while I take my hypocrisy to those who understand what the word means smiley

By now you should have known that I don't just speak, I say what I know. I don't want to be harsh on you, but I have to put you in line. Yes you can move along as you suggested, that would help. Thanks.
Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by Syncan(m): 9:40pm On May 14, 2017
omojeesu:

Once you're born again you're automatically a saint. The idea of making someone a saint is alien to the new testament church.

When did your church start; that you can now tell those who compiled the Bible what is alien or not to the new testament Church. Ignorance.
Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by Syncan(m): 9:46pm On May 14, 2017
Ontarget:

But the Bible still says we should not make images with the likeness of anything in heaven. And besides, bowing to the images of Jesus and Mary is still idolatry. You don't necessarily have to take them as Gods before it can be established as idolatry.
It was God's direct instruction to make that serpent image. But God didn't instruct you to bow to images of Jesus and Mary.

After reading the one on bold I shook my head disgusted. If you don't know what idolatry is, how do you accuse people of committing it? "My pastor say" church goer.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by guyXander(m): 9:55pm On May 14, 2017
Iamzik:
One man Declaring another as SAINT. It is well o

God knows his Saints.
Mumu, you see where them write divine Revelation?

Na only adeboye get divine Revelations abi?
Ode.
Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by guyXander(m): 9:57pm On May 14, 2017
Amberon:
That verse you just quoted betrays you. I wonder how you people reason. You who are obviously shallow are calling someone else ode.

Now read the bolded part slowly this time, if you still can't comprehend then you're a lost cause.
What about when you kneel down before a pastor to pray for you or bow to a pastor.

So physics no define humans as Images abi.

My brother, read your Bible
Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by guyXander(m): 10:01pm On May 14, 2017
Amberon:
You would have made sense if you had said proudly Christian.

Your name is Simon Peter and upon this rock i will build my Church.
Peter passed that position to another person before hishis death and so on and so forth.

Why did Christ no say, I'll build the church on himself?
Why Simon Peter?

Ask yourself that question.
Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by piecesprince(m): 10:11pm On May 14, 2017
The song was the first thing that came.to.my.mind when I read the news
Trueigbo:
Wow thats great after about 100yrs.

I remember the song we sang those days about the little children......

na obodo fatima na 1917 ezenwayi nke eligwe biawuteru umuaka ito osifa kpebe ekpere osifa mebe opipia.......
Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by Iamzik: 10:45pm On May 14, 2017
guyXander:

Mumu, you see where them write divine Revelation?

Na only adeboye get divine Revelations abi?
Ode.

It's easy to retort to insult when you cant substantiate your point.

Saint guyXander, your religious Roman colonial master aka Pope is a sinner like you, declaring fellow men as Saints based on alleged appearance of Mary? Really? Has Mary ever appeared to you before? Or anyone you know in Nigeria? How many Saints do you have in Nigeria? I guess she doesn't appear to black Africans like you.

Mary is more important to your lot than salvation through Jesus himself. Who is the real Ode and mumu here?
Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by ninodaniel(m): 12:18am On May 15, 2017
Iamzik:
One man Declaring another as SAINT. It is well o

God knows his Saints.
hw e tk concern u?
Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by jacoik(m): 5:01am On May 15, 2017
Gregdcutie:
osifa kpebe ekpere mak'njo k'uwa. Aha ya by lucy , Aha ya by Francisco, Aha ya by Jacinta (forgotten this part).Umu mary ooo, anyi (forgotten here as well)...Our lady help of Christians block rosary centre.Priceless memories
lolssss dalu bro. Chukwu goziegi

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Gets His Own Customized Coke Bottle (see Photo) / Sinach Shares First Picture Of Her Baby To Celebrate Christmas / Paul Adefarasin And Wife Pictured With Donald Trump At Daughter's Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.