Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,437 members, 7,836,743 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History (52256 Views)

Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? / Pope Francis Makes History, Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco As Two Child Saints (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by Nobody: 9:49am On May 21, 2017
Praise God
Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by Nobody: 4:48pm On May 22, 2017
Syncan:

Its no quarrel at all o, just that when you guys try everything to disparage the Church, you simply miss the point. Jesus appointed twelve apostles, the appostles elected Mattias to replace Judas Ischariot Acts1:23, the names of the twelve are written in heaven as seen in Rev.21:14. However St. Paul still used the name apostle in referring to himself 1Cor.15:9. He was not one of the twelve appointed by Jesus while on earth, neither was he elected by the apostles. So is it that when you name the twelve appostles, you now confuse yourself with Paul, or God is now a God of disorder for that reason? See how hard you're working to say the church is wrong for calling holy ones in heaven saints because it was used for those on earth, I just tire for you folks.

Where did I say the bold? Is there something you don't understand from my comment? Read again and tell me the part that isn't clear to you Oga.
Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by Syncan(m): 12:16am On May 23, 2017
JMAN05:

Where did I say the bold? Is there something you don't understand from my comment? Read again and tell me the part that isn't clear to you Oga.

It's your duty to remember your point of disputes, you don't just dispute over something because it's done by Catholics.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by Nobody: 2:58pm On May 23, 2017
Syncan:

It's your duty to remember your point of disputes, you don't just dispute over something because it's done by Catholics.

Oga where did I say the bold? Dispute? Where is all that coming from?
Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by omojeesu(m): 10:30am On May 28, 2017
Syncan:

Hahahaha, this is very funny. Are you running from scriptures now? cheesy cheesy cheesy

Just remember the Ethiopian Eunuch, let him be an example to you. When Philip asked him "Do you understand what you read?", the eunuch responded humbly "How can I, except someone guides me" Acts 8.30-31. He was reading the book of Isaiah yet he needed guidance, you read and interpret in ignorance and dare to condemn another based on that. Not good brother, not good.

https://www.gotquestions.org/church-pillar-foundation-truth.html
Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by Syncan(m): 3:07pm On May 28, 2017
omojeesu:

Just ask yourself one question, Can the pillar and ground of truth teach error? Then put the whole body of people claiming Christians together and see the level of error being taught. That can't be the church, use your God giving intellect, stop following falsehood as proposed by that article.
Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by omojeesu(m): 9:34pm On May 28, 2017
Syncan:

Just ask yourself one question, Can the pillar and ground of truth teach error? Then put the whole body of people claiming Christians together and see the level of error being taught. That can't be the church, use your God giving intellect, stop following falsehood as proposed by that article.

On the contrary the article has provided the right interpretation of the passage. Your church is in error.

Please, tell me:
1) WHO IS A CHRISTIAN?
2) ARE YOU A CHRISTIAN?
3) WHAT IS CHURCH?
4) WHAT IS CHRISTIANITY?
5) WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE SAVED?
6) HAVE YOU BEEN SAVED?
Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by italo: 8:09am On May 29, 2017
omojeesu:

On the contrary the article has provided the right interpretation of the passage. Your church is in error.

Please, tell me:
1) WHO IS A CHRISTIAN?
2) ARE YOU A CHRISTIAN?
3) WHAT IS CHURCH?
4) WHAT IS CHRISTIANITY?
6) HAVE YOU BEEN SAVED?

First, have you done the bold below? What is your answer?
Syncan:

Just ask yourself one question, [b]Can the pillar and ground of truth teach error? [/b]Then put the whole body of people claiming Christians together and see the level of error being taught. That can't be the church, use your God giving intellect, stop following falsehood as proposed by that article.
Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by Syncan(m): 8:38am On May 29, 2017
omojeesu:

Please, tell me:
1) WHO IS A CHRISTIAN?
2) ARE YOU A CHRISTIAN?
3) WHAT IS CHURCH?
4) WHAT IS CHRISTIANITY?
6) HAVE YOU BEEN SAVED?

I am glad that those reading are more honest than you. You are reeling out six questions that you should've answered if you had attempted my little assignment sincerely. Someone has just pointed it out to you, pls go back and use your talent, don't be an unprofitable servant Matt.25:13-30.
Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by omojeesu(m): 9:57am On May 29, 2017
italo:

First, have you done the bold below? What is your answer?

CHECK THIS OUT
Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by omojeesu(m): 10:00am On May 29, 2017
Syncan:

I am glad that those reading are more honest than you. You are reeling out six questions that you should've answered if you had attempted my little assignment sincerely. Someone has just pointed it out to you, pls go back and use your talent, don't be an unprofitable servant Matt.25:13-30.

THE LINK I POSTED REPRESENTS MY ANSWER. I HAVE DONE YOUR ASSIGNMENT. DO MINE NOW.

DONT DODGE THE QUESTIONS. ANSWER THEM. IT'S YOU AM DISCUSSING WITH NOT THE OTHER GUY (THOUGH I HAVE GIVEN HIM APPROPRIATE REPLY).
Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by Syncan(m): 10:53am On May 29, 2017
omojeesu:

THE LINK I POSTED REPRESENTS MY ANSWER. I HAVE DONE YOUR ASSIGNMENT. DO MINE NOW.

DONT DODGE THE QUESTIONS. ANSWER THEM. IT'S YOU AM DISCUSSING WITH NOT THE OTHER GUY (THOUGH I HAVE GIVEN HIM APPROPRIATE REPLY).

Oga, my assignment was based on the content of your link, how can it be the answer again? I need you to do what I ask then give me your response, am not here to waste my time. An unprofitable servant is despiced by the master, even God.
Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by omojeesu(m): 6:11pm On May 29, 2017
Syncan:

Oga, my assignment was based on the content of your link, how can it be the answer again? I need you to do what I ask then give me your response, am not here to waste my time. An unprofitable servant is despiced by the master, even God.

Going in circles! I pray you will exit your present bondage to a Christless institution and idolatry and instead Hail Jesus!!
Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by Syncan(m): 3:32pm On May 30, 2017
omojeesu:

Going in circles! I pray you will exit your present bondage to a Christless institution and idolatry and instead Hail Jesus!!

Lol, says the one whose faith starts and end in reading only a part of a collection of books we compiled and called inspired. How did what you believe in get to you...no knowledge, how come your faith is in a book...no Idea. How sure are you that these books are the only inspired ones...food for thought. Even the book says there are also oral teachings to abide by, you don't care. Catholics have taken the Gospel to the ends of the earth, shed their blood and preached Christ to the nations, it's your turn now to accuse the brethren Rev.12:10, it's all scriptural, everyone is doing the work of his father.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by omojeesu(m): 6:38pm On May 30, 2017
Syncan:

Lol, says the one whose faith starts and end in reading only a part of a collection of books we compiled and called inspired. How did what you believe in get to you...no knowledge, how come your faith is in a book...no Idea. How sure are you that these books are the only inspired ones...food for thought. Even the book says there are also oral teachings to abide by, you don't care. Catholics have taken the Gospel to the ends of the earth, shed their blood and preached Christ to the nations, it's your turn now to accuse the brethren Rev.12:10, it's all scriptural, everyone is doing the work of his father.

This 'we' must be the Holy Spirit. What pride! What delusion, what insolence, what irreverence to say 'we' gave the Bible. What heresy. It's not surprising. Church history is clear about that and the inquisitions until God brought light by the Reformation till date.

So this 'we' also gave the Jewish Torah? Tell that to the Jew, that the Catholic Church gave them the Torah.

The Book you 'gave' condemned your doctrines and rituals.
Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by easymancfc(m): 7:07pm On May 30, 2017
omojeesu:

This 'we' must be the Holy Spirit. What pride! What delusion, what insolence, what irreverence to say 'we' gave the Bible. What heresy. It's not surprising. Church history is clear about that and the inquisitions until God brought light by the Reformation till date.

So this 'we' also gave the Jewish Torah? Tell that to the Jew, that the Catholic Church gave them the Torah.

WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT.. THE CATHOLIC CHURCH GAVE YOU THE BIBLE.. GO AND READ ABOUT THE COUNCIL OF ROME (382 AD), HIPPO (393 AD) AND CARTHAGE (397 AD), READ HOW POPE DAMASCUS GATHERED ALL CHRISTIAN WRITINGS AND FROM THERE THE CANON OF SCRIPTURE WAS FORMED UNDER THE AUTHORITY OF ST AUGUSTINE (HIPPO AND CARTHAGE COUNCILS)..

THE BIBLE DOESN'T CONDEMN CATHOLIC DOCTRINE.. ITS YOU FALLIBLE INTERPRETATION OF IT THAT DOES..

History.. with all due respect to you.. you don't know the real history.. all you know is what your Anticatholic websites and books tell you..

The inquisition was not the Church's fault, Ferdinand and Isabella of aragon started it to ensure that their lands of Spain which was won back from the muslims after crusades was purged from any pagan or Islamic influence.. the Church had to intervene to ensure that people would be treated fairly.. people actually blasphemed in the secular courts in order that they be sent to the Church because they knew the Church would treat them fairly..

Go and read unbiased historically accurate accounts... BENZION NETANYAHU snr, the father of the current Israeli prime minister of the same name WHO IS A JEW wrote about the inquisition in its accurate historical form..
Go to encyclopedia Britannica and find out the truth

here's the title of Netanyahu's book..
The Origins of the Inquisition in Fifteenth-Century Spain by Benzion Netanyanhu

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by Nobody: 8:11pm On May 30, 2017
Iamzik:
One man Declaring another as SAINT. It is well o

God knows his Saints.

God bless you and may he put you on The right path always

My exact thoughts ....we are all here struggling to make heaven .no body knows who holy pass only God .man declaring man saint indeed

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by Syncan(m): 10:01pm On May 30, 2017
omojeesu:

Why are you not using the Jewish canons, why are you using the books we canonized? Our bishops sat, our theologians discussed the books, it was in our councils, held in our parishes,we kept the minutes of the meetings, we know who supported or rejected what book and why. There is no need getting worked up, our property is ours. History is there for all. It is why you take our book as true because we said so, then now claim you know better than us that baffles us.
Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by omojeesu(m): 4:34am On May 31, 2017
easymancfc:

WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT.. THE CATHOLIC CHURCH GAVE YOU THE BIBLE.. GO AND READ ABOUT THE COUNCIL OF ROME (382 AD), HIPPO (393 AD) AND CARTHAGE (397 AD), READ HOW POPE DAMASCUS GATHERED ALL CHRISTIAN WRITINGS AND FROM THERE THE CANON OF SCRIPTURE WAS FORMED UNDER THE AUTHORITY OF ST AUGUSTINE (HIPPO AND CARTHAGE COUNCILS)..

THE BIBLE DOESN'T CONDEMN CATHOLIC DOCTRINE.. ITS YOU FALLIBLE INTERPRETATION OF IT THAT DOES..

History.. with all due respect to you.. you don't know the real history.. all you know is what your Anticatholic websites and books tell you..

The inquisition was not the Church's fault, Ferdinand and Isabella of aragon started it to ensure that their lands of Spain which was won back from the muslims after crusades was purged from any pagan or Islamic influence.. the Church had to intervene to ensure that people would be treated fairly.. people actually blasphemed in the secular courts in order that they be sent to the Church because they knew the Church would treat them fairly..

Go and read unbiased historically accurate accounts... BENZION NETANYAHU snr, the father of the current Israeli prime minister of the same name WHO IS A JEW wrote about the inquisition in its accurate historical form..
Go to encyclopedia Britannica and find out the truth

here's the title of Netanyahu's book..
The Origins of the Inquisition in Fifteenth-Century Spain by Benzion Netanyanhu

Have you read the book 'Foxe's Book of Matyrs'?

Some of your popes have even apologized for the horrendous persecution of Christians.
Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by omojeesu(m): 4:40am On May 31, 2017
Syncan:

Why are you not using the Jewish canons, why are you using the books we canonized? Our bishops sat, our theologians discussed the books, it was in our councils, held in our parishes,we kept the minutes of the meetings, we know who supported or rejected what book and why. There is no need getting worked up, our property is ours. History is there for all. It is why you take our book as true because we said so, then now claim you know better than us that baffles us.

Thank you. Please, show me how the book you gave us supports / proves what is below. Give supportive scriptures since you know the book better than I:

Mother Mary is ..
Holy, Mother of God,
Holy Virgin of virgins,
Mother of Christ,
Mother of Divine Grace,
Mother Most pure,
Mother most chaste,
Mother inviolate,
Mother undefiled,
Mother admirable,
Mother of good counsel,
Mother of our Creator,
Mother of our Savior,
Mother of the Church,
Mother most prudent,
Mother most venerable,
Mother most renowned,
Virgin most powerful,
Virgin most merciful,
Virgin most faithful,
Mirror of justice,
Seat of wisdom,
Cause of our joy,
Spiritual vessel,
Vessel of honor,
Singular vessel of devotion,
Mystical rose,
Tower of David,
Tower of ivory,
House of gold,
Ark of the covenant,
Gate of Heaven,
Morning star,
Health of the sick,
Refuge of sinners,
Comforter of the afflicted,
Help of Christians,
Queen of angels,
Queen of patriarchs,
Queen of prophets,
Queen of apostles,
Queen of martyrs,
Queen of confessors,
Queen of virgins,
Queen of all saints,
Queen conceived without Original Sin,
Queen assumed into heaven,
Queen of the most holy Rosary,
Queen of peace.

Please supply Bible verses for each of these since the Catholic Church has built a whole lot of doctrine on 'Mary'.
Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by easymancfc(m): 5:29am On May 31, 2017
omojeesu:

Have you read the book 'Foxe's Book of Matyrs'?

Some of your popes have even apologized for the horrendous persecution of Christians.

Fox is not very accurate.. he wrote a kind of one sided truth to the story because he himself was a protestant and even well studied Protestant historians don't agree with everything in his book..

Catholic governments killed people, the Church never directly executed anyone.. Just like protestant governments also killed and persecuted Catholics like in Elizabethan England.. even English people who were Catholics were executed (people like Edwin Campion)
The ANABAPTIST drowned people who didn't share their faith.. Even John Calvin executed some people..

I'm sure you ve heard of Ku Klux Klan (KKK) they are also a protestant sect..

Indeed some Popes might have apologized because killing EACH OTHER is not good..
THE FACT IS, WE KILLED EACH OTHER DURING THE REFORMATION.. DON'T DECEIVE YOURSELF BY THINKING IT WAS ONE SIDED.. PROTESTANTS ALSO PERSECUTED AND KILLED CATHOLICS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by omojeesu(m): 10:37pm On May 31, 2017
easymancfc:

Fox is not very accurate.. he wrote a kind of one sided truth to the story because he himself was a protestant and even well studied Protestant historians don't agree with everything in his book..

Catholic governments killed people, the Church never directly executed anyone.. Just like protestant governments also killed and persecuted Catholics like in Elizabethan England.. even English people who were Catholics were executed (people like Edwin Campion)
The ANABAPTIST drowned people who didn't share their faith.. Even John Calvin executed some people..

I'm sure you ve heard of Ku Klux Klan (KKK) they are also a protestant sect..

Indeed some Popes might have apologized because killing EACH OTHER is not good..
THE FACT IS, WE KILLED EACH OTHER DURING THE REFORMATION.. DON'T DECEIVE YOURSELF BY THINKING IT WAS ONE SIDED.. PROTESTANTS ALSO PERSECUTED AND KILLED CATHOLICS

All who killed and kill in the name of religion were and are not Christ's true disciples. Being a Protestant doesn't make you a Christian. I am not a Protestant. I am a disciple of Jesus according to the New Testament.

Jesus knows who are His. Those who are His also know Him.

John 10:14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

Have you read the book, '50 years a slave of Rome' by Chinque?
Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by easymancfc(m): 12:39am On Jun 01, 2017
omojeesu:

All who killed and kill in the name of religion were and are not Christ's true disciples. Being a Protestant doesn't make you a Christian. I am not a Protestant. I am a disciple of Jesus according to the New Testament.

Killing in the name of religion is wrong, and the Church doesn't condone it, the Church never directly killed anyone for the sake of religion.. Catholic governments and protestant governments have,

Actually being a protestant or Pentecostal makes you a Christian.. because your faith comes from them... and you are whether you accept it or not, It shows your set of beliefs, Christian orthodoxy or post reformation Christianity, the whole idea of I follow Christ not religion is a "Protestant" idea..

it's like saying I believe in the law of thermodynamics but deny the existence of Science

concerning the book you mentioned, i haven't, but if it's the regular anti Catholic book of so called former Catholics, there are a thousand and one Books by former non-Catholics I could present myself.. Rome Sweet Home by Dr Scott and Kimberly Hahn
Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by Syncan(m): 11:49am On Jun 01, 2017
omojeesu:

Thank you. Please, show me how the book you gave us supports / proves what is below. Give supportive scriptures since you know the book better than I:

Mother Mary is ..
Holy, Mother of God,
Holy Virgin of virgins,
Mother of Christ,
Mother of Divine Grace,
Mother Most pure,
Mother most chaste,
Mother inviolate,
Mother undefiled,
Mother admirable,
Mother of good counsel,
Mother of our Creator,
Mother of our Savior,
Mother of the Church,
Mother most prudent,
Mother most venerable,
Mother most renowned,
Virgin most powerful,
Virgin most merciful,
Virgin most faithful,
Mirror of justice,
Seat of wisdom,
Cause of our joy,
Spiritual vessel,
Vessel of honor,
Singular vessel of devotion,
Mystical rose,
Tower of David,
Tower of ivory,
House of gold,
Ark of the covenant,
Gate of Heaven,
Morning star,
Health of the sick,
Refuge of sinners,
Comforter of the afflicted,
Help of Christians,
Queen of angels,
Queen of patriarchs,
Queen of prophets,
Queen of apostles,
Queen of martyrs,
Queen of confessors,
Queen of virgins,
Queen of all saints,
Queen conceived without Original Sin,
Queen assumed into heaven,
Queen of the most holy Rosary,
Queen of peace.

Please supply Bible verses for each of these since the Catholic Church has built a whole lot of doctrine on 'Mary'.

If you really don't know this much, why have you been condemning my faith? How could the Ignorant stand in judgement. Be humble and you'll be taught.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by Syncan(m): 11:58am On Jun 01, 2017
omojeesu:

hahahaha,see how he reasons: as "a disciple of Jesus" he conveniently detach himself from the history of Christianity up till his age, he has no origin, no fore fathers in the faith, so that their actions cannot be tied to him. But he accuses others with "his warped idea of" the actions of their fore fathers in faith. Lol. Why not read "Rome sweet Home" by Scott and Kimberly Hahn.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by omojeesu(m): 9:57pm On Jun 01, 2017
easymancfc:

Killing in the name of religion is wrong, and the Church doesn't condone it, the Church never directly killed anyone for the sake of religion.. Catholic governments and protestant governments have,

Actually being a protestant or Pentecostal makes you a Christian.. because your faith comes from them... and you are whether you accept it or not, It shows your set of beliefs, Christian orthodoxy or post reformation Christianity, the whole idea of I follow Christ not religion is a "Protestant" idea..

it's like saying I believe in the law of thermodynamics but deny the existence of Science

concerning the book you mentioned, i haven't, but if it's the regular anti Catholic book of so called former Catholics, there are a thousand and one Books by former non-Catholics I could present myself.. Rome Sweet Home by Dr Scott and Kimberly Hahn

Religious systems often use State powers to get rid of infidels. That's what the religious leaders did to Daniel, Jesus, the apostles, etc So your Church and other Church or religion is not absolved of deaths of the innocents.

God doesn't recognize human labels but those who have washed their robes in the blood of the Lamb of God. I repeat I am not a Protestant. I am simply a child of God, born of the Spirit, a disciple of Jesus Christ. I evangelise but that doesn't make me an evangelical. I believe in Holy Spirit baptism and leading, but that doesn't make me a pentecostal. The essence is my belief and relationship with God not any label or categorisation.

Catholic and Protestant governments are aberrations. Jesus Kingdom IS NOT of this world!
Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by omojeesu(m): 10:03pm On Jun 01, 2017
Syncan:

If you really don't know this much, why have you been condemning my faith? How could the Ignorant stand in judgement. Be humble and you'll be taught.

Funny! Almost all these appellations have no basis in the Bible. I can't find them there. I asked you to show me because you said your church gave me the Bible. I, therefore, expect you to know the Bible more than myself and list the scriptures behind each title. Please do.
Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by omojeesu(m): 10:12pm On Jun 01, 2017
Syncan:

hahahaha,see how he reasons: as "a disciple of Jesus" he conveniently detach himself from the history of Christianity up till his age, he has no origin, no fore fathers in the faith, so that their actions cannot be tied to him. But he accuses others with "his warped idea of" the actions of their fore fathers in faith. Lol. Why not read "Rome sweet Home" by Scott and Kimberly Hahn.

Check my response to reply to your fellow catholic easymancfc.

I pity the Hahns. What fatal decision! I doubt if they were ever in Christ. For if a man be in Christ (not in 'Mary') he's a NEW creature. Old things are passed away. Everything becomes new.
Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by plappville(f): 10:43pm On Jun 01, 2017
Iamzik:
One man Declaring another as SAINT. It is well o

God knows his Saints.

Best comment so far.

God Knows His Saints.

Bible > Jeremiah > Chapter 17 > Verse 10
◄ Jeremiah 17:10 ►
"I the LORD search the heart and examine the mind, to reward each person according to their conduct, according to what their deeds deserve."

People should read the book of Acts 8:1-25 you will see that Philip converts many in Samaria including a magician called Simon the sorcery. Simon was baptised. But yet, Philip could not see through His heart to know He was only pretending to have accepted the Gospel.

Thank God Peter and John came to Samaria. During the event of the Baptism of the Holy Spirit performed by them, Simon exposed Himself shamefully.

There are still many Simon today. Many are Dead Saints, Pastors and floor members. You who sin can certify someone to be a Saint. Only God knows His own. Let the bible help us to think right, act right and accept things rightly! God Bless His Church.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by Iamzik: 11:51pm On Jun 01, 2017
plappville:

Best comment so far.

God Knows His Saints.

Bible > Jeremiah > Chapter 17 > Verse 10
◄ Jeremiah 17:10 ►
"I the LORD search the heart and examine the mind, to reward each person according to their conduct, according to what their deeds deserve."

People should read the book of Acts 8:1-25 you will see that Philip converts many in Samaria including a magician called Simon the sorcery. Simon was baptised. But yet, Philip could not see through His heart to know He was only pretending to have accepted the Gospel.

Thank God Peter and John came to Samaria. During the event of the Baptism of the Holy Spirit performed by them, Simon exposed Himself shamefully.

There are still many Simon today. Many are Dead Saints, Pastors and floor members. You who sin can certify someone to be a Saint. Only God knows His own. Let the bible help us to think right, act right and accept things rightly! God Bless His Church.

Bless you ma.
Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by Syncan(m): 6:45am On Jun 02, 2017
omojeesu:

Funny! Almost all these appellations have no basis in the Bible. I can't find them there. I asked you to show me because you said your church gave me the Bible. I, therefore, expect you to know the Bible more than myself and list the scriptures behind each title. Please do.

That's why you shouldn't stand in Judgement over those who know more than you, first you believe a book we gave you as the totality of your faith, when the book even tells you there are other teachings outside it. Secondly you deny the authority of those who compiled the book and actually gave it the authority it possesses, while ascribing all authority to the book, when the book itself tells you the authority belongs to those whose property it is. In as much as it isn't a problem for me to reel out biblical passages there, but you're too ignorant yet to understand, you need to be humble and learn a bit more as a christian, that you may understand, else you'll wrest it unto your own destruction as peter warned 2Pet.3:16.

Homework for you: When a Christian praises God by saying: "The one who swallowed what swallowed the Elephant, or , my bullet proof", can you find these in scripture or has the christian derailed?

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Canonizes Jacinta And Francisco, Two Child Saints, Makes History by Syncan(m): 7:16am On Jun 02, 2017
omojeesu:

Check my response to reply to your fellow catholic easymancfc.

I pity the Hahns. What fatal decision! I doubt if they were ever in Christ. For if a man be in Christ (not in 'Mary') he's a NEW creature. Old things are passed away. Everything becomes new.

Once again he judges and condemns from ignorance. Who are the Hahns, what do you know about them? You doubt if they were ever in christ, Lol cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin cheesy cheesy. Read my friend, educate yourself a bit, just a little. Read about Scott Hahn.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Okafor Blasts Tunde Bakare / Paul Adefarasin And Wife Pictured With Donald Trump At Daughter's Wedding / Dunamis Speaks On Burning Of Traders’ Goods Along Abuja Airport Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.