Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

No Dark-skinned Black Allowed! - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / No Dark-skinned Black Allowed! (1900 Views)

Only Range-Rover Allowed In This Kenyan Wedding (photos) / Witches Allowed Maximum Of 150m Flying Altitude In Swaziland / 'Dark-skinned Or Black Male' In Connection With Boston Bombings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Dark-skinned Black Allowed! by NegroNtns(m): 1:58am On Jan 12, 2010
At long last!!! Doesn't this remind of whites only water fountain? If you are black with nappy hair you are not welcome here!

Now we know why the gate was left opened for President Obama to advance his political aspirations. Had he been a dark-skinned black man with a Negro dialect, then those aspirations would have been nipped and the mainstream gate shut in his face.

Harry Reid said it. . .I'm only narrating!

Reid said America is ready for a Black man as President and OBama is a fitting person, he has the characteristics that are acceptable of a Black man - he is light skinned and does not speak like a Black person. . .but that acceptance could change if the candidate opted to speak like a Negro.

Black democrats were choreographed on a script drafted to defend Reid. This is not first episode with Reid. It can be recalled that a year ago as we debated Rod Blagojevich nominating a black replacement for President Obama's vacated senate seat, I repeatedly pointed out the inapppropriateness and the racial undertone in Reid's opposition to Ronald Burris. Burris is a dark skinned Black and spoke like one of us. Reid is not from ILlinois, he is from Nevada but yet in ambition for a victorious sweep of the 2010 elections he dared say that Burris' presence on the ballot would not garner support for a win. What Reid was saying and I , at the time interpreted, is that Burris is not light-skinned and has the mannerisms of a Negro and is thus not an acceptable candidate for an elite membership in the US Senate. The House of Rep maybe. . .but not the Senate!

Democrats, and particularly the President, in defending Reid's comment have created a free-for-all stage for any and all to mock and denigrate Black candidates and under the guise of support for Black cause.

So to speak. . .if you support Black cause, then you ae allowed to express your racism.

Republicans were not yet a majority and one of them had called the President a 'liar' on the floor of joint congressional event. . .What should we expect if Republicans win 2010 elections and gain majority, how much insults would be hurled against the President's race?

I'm only a narrator! I say out loud what many of you will not dare voice.
Re: No Dark-skinned Black Allowed! by montelik(m): 8:18am On Jan 12, 2010
@ negro_ntns. Take it easy with generalizations. First let me say I am certainly no Obama or Reid fan. I think what Reid said was clearly unwise and wrong. But those who have defended him didn't say what did was right. They are simply asking that people don't judge a man's entire history based on one moment of really poor judgment. I also believe Reid opposition to Burris may have had something to do with recent corruption scandals plaguing Burris and not necessarily race. Please it not necessary to bring race into this discussion.

As to your point about a Republican calling Obama a liar and linking it to racism. Yes it was out of order and rude. But the individual has since apologized and for what its worth he was right. Obama was lying during his speech. The insult was directed at one man who was lying, not the entire population of Black people. I mean if I called you a fool, does that mean I called your entire extended family fools too. Hardly.
Re: No Dark-skinned Black Allowed! by JeSoul(f): 3:56pm On Jan 12, 2010
^Montelik, Negro bleeds black grin almost everything is about race grin

Reid's choice of words was obviously very very poor and unfortunately touched on a very sensitive issue, esp within the black community. However, I don't think that should be a final indictment that he is a racist. We've all at one point used unfortnate words in regards to another race, if we'll be honest about it.

The problem for the democrats now is that to defend him (even though it is the proper thing to do), is to be hypocritic. These same benefits-of-doubt and "look at his entire career" were not extended when the offenders where Republican. AA's have already shown that they are very unforgiving when it comes to perceived instances of racism.

I've been waiting on Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson to whip up one of their usual protests in Brooklyn or Harlem. But I won't hold my breath, the offender is a democrat and will get a free pass.
Re: No Dark-skinned Black Allowed! by MyJoe: 6:30pm On Jan 12, 2010
JeSoul:

^Montelik, Negro bleeds black  grin almost everything is about race  grin

Reid's choice of words was obviously very very poor and unfortunately touched on a very sensitive issue, esp within the black community. However, I don't think that should be a final indictment that he is a racist. We've all at one point used unfortnate words in regards to another race, if we'll be honest about it.

The problem for the democrats now is that to defend him (even though it is the proper thing to do), is to be hypocritic. These same benefits-of-doubt and "look at his entire career" were not extended when the offenders where Republican. AA's have already shown that they are very unforgiving when it comes to perceived instances of racism.

I've been waiting on Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson to whip up one of their usual protests in Brooklyn or Harlem. But I won't hold my breath, the offender is a democrat and will get a free pass.

Brilliant analysis, JeSoul. I, too, have been waiting for the outrage!
Re: No Dark-skinned Black Allowed! by NegroNtns(m): 6:31pm On Jan 12, 2010
lmao!  JeSoul, I like your response to the post, and yes you are right that I bleed black but I'd like to add that I sometimes crossover and support others outside my race if I see truth in their argument.

Montelick, thanks for that feedback, I will be mindful and not generalize unecessarily. Much of your response to the post is an analysis taken after the horse has left the gate, so to speak! But even inspite of that, you cannot convince me that Burris was the only incoming new Senator with allegations of wrong doing back in their home state.

In Roland Burris case, the allegation of corruption did not surface until much after he was sworn in as Senator. The point in the case I referenced had to with when Blagojevich was still in office and Burris had been selected as replacement and Reid opposed the choice on the ground that he would not be an asset. Reid's preference was for a white replacement. If that had happened, then entire Senate membership would have been white and hispanic . . .void of black representation.  

Regarding the 'liar' incident.  . .again, a retroactive analysis!  Obama was pre-empted. . .there was no way, unless in a bias emotion to discredit the President, could anyone see the facts at the instant that speech was being delivered. If you didn't see the facts until afterwards then you didn't know there was a lie. So to accuse him of lying during delivery was rude and biased. . .I never  said it was racist!  But I used the occasion as a measure of weight for what could come now that this can of de-sensitivity has been allowed.

To both of you here is a question, Louis Farrakhan was taught musiical instrument by a Jewish teacher. He has Rabbis in his inner circle of friends. Yet he once misspoke when he called Judaism a gutter religion. For that one time, he had remained blacklisted by the Jewish community ever since.  Jimmy Carter, a former President of US, the architect of the Camp David agreement and supporter of Jewish cause is blacklisted by the Jewish community for saying Israel is paracticing apartheid against Palestinians.  He recently offered apology and they shunned him saying they don't believe he is repented.  This is ONE standard! The Jewish community don't give a f--k who it is, they hold everyone to the same expecyation - zero tolerance for anti semitism!

Why do Blacks always have to be the ones that yield their collective interest to others?  If you wonder why I am a foot soldier for Black cause that's the reason. . .I oppose our default mentality.
Re: No Dark-skinned Black Allowed! by lazy(m): 7:18pm On Jan 12, 2010
Negro_Ntns:

Why do Blacks always have to be the ones that yield their collective interest to others?  If you wonder why I am a foot soldier for Black cause that's the reason. . .I oppose our default mentality.

They don't have to, They just do because the ppl who are "leaders" feel the collective interest is best served in supporting Democrats. I am not saying it is right but that is the truth as I see it.
Now we all know if a Republican said the same thing folk would be screaming in the streets! LOL!
Re: No Dark-skinned Black Allowed! by Uche2nna(m): 7:24pm On Jan 12, 2010
lazy:

They don't have to, They just do because the ppl who are "leaders" feel the collective interest is best served in supporting Democrats. I am not saying it is right but that is the truth as I see it.
Now we all know if a Republican said the same thing folk would be screaming in the streets! LOL!

True.

However, the difference is that a republican will not make those remarks with the intention of highlighting Obama's political appeal.

Reid showed poor judgement with very poor choice of words; however his intentions was to highlight why Obama will be accepted by mainstream America even tho he is black.
Re: No Dark-skinned Black Allowed! by lazy(m): 7:43pm On Jan 12, 2010
Uche2nna:

True.

However, the difference is that a republican will not make those remarks with the intention of highlighting Obama's political appeal.

Reid showed poor judgement with very poor choice of words; however his intentions was to highlight why Obama will be accepted by mainstream America even tho he is black.

You are right that he was trying to highlight why he would be accepted but I don't know if it was a poor choice of words because what other kind of words he could have used say what he did. I am going to try and say what he did in a very Politically Correct Way:

Obama has a good chance because he has a lighter complexion among AAs and he doesn't use African American Vernacular English unless he wants to.

I even think that would still have caused an uproar.
Re: No Dark-skinned Black Allowed! by NegroNtns(m): 8:31pm On Jan 12, 2010
lazy,

. . .doesn that then constitute a double standard, a selective tolerance to racial infractions? If that's the case, then its not Reid who is in the wrong. . .its the collective Black voices who are shielding him from censure.

Mark my word, this episode will come in future to mock Blacks. Obama said Reid was praising him. Not only that. . .Reid, with this statement has vindicated the conspiracy theorists who all along had maintained that the mainstream was allowing in Obama what they would not allow in Sharpton or Jackson because he Obama had no legacy right to demand any political reimbursement from America because he did not rise out of that slave legacy. Blacks generally in the nation are now awakening to that truth but not comfortable admitting it.
Re: No Dark-skinned Black Allowed! by JeSoul(f): 8:40pm On Jan 12, 2010
Negro_Ntns:

lazy,

. . .doesn that then constitute a double standard, a selective tolerance to racial infractions? If that's the case, then its not Reid who is in the wrong. . .its the collective Black voices who are shielding him from censure.
I think that is infact what he is arguing . . . right Lazy?

MyJoe:

Brilliant analysis, JeSoul. I, too, have been waiting for the outrage!
Thank you Joe! smiley we will wait in vain for Sharpton and Jackson . . . if only it'd be a rep, the fireworks woulda been flying by now lol.

oh by the way, ya'll hear Blago retracting his racial statement . . . dude said "I'm blacker than Obama" grin that guys needs a reality show lol.
Re: No Dark-skinned Black Allowed! by JeSoul(f): 8:46pm On Jan 12, 2010
Negro_Ntns:

Mark my word, this episode will come in future to mock Blacks. Obama said Reid was praising him. Not only that. . .Reid, with this statement has vindicated the conspiracy theorists who all along had maintained that the mainstream was allowing in Obama what they would not allow in Sharpton or Jackson because he Obama had no[b] legacy right to demand any political reimbursement from America because he did not rise out of that slave legacy[/b]. Blacks generally in the nation are now awakening to that truth but not comfortable admitting it.
Offtopic, but Negro, say it ain't so, surely you're not hoping for 40 acres and a mule for AA's are you? not expecting reparations check to be handed out soon?
Re: No Dark-skinned Black Allowed! by lazy(m): 8:55pm On Jan 12, 2010
Negro_Ntns:

lazy,

. . .doesn that then constitute a double standard, a selective tolerance to racial infractions?  If that's the case, then its not Reid who is in the wrong. . .its the collective Black voices who are shielding him from censure.  

Mark my word, this episode will come in future to mock Blacks.  Obama said Reid was praising him.  Not only that. . .Reid, with this statement has vindicated the conspiracy theorists who all along had maintained that the mainstream was allowing in Obama what they would not allow in Sharpton or Jackson because he Obama had no legacy right to demand any political reimbursement from America because he did not rise out of that slave legacy. Blacks generally in the nation are now awakening to that truth but not comfortable admitting it.

I don't disagree with you and praise, as Obama put it, is really the wrong word if you can praise someone by saying they are "lightskinned" and doesn't speak with a Negro dialect. It is going back to the theory that the closer "European" you are is better than African weather it is looks, culture, etc.

You don't have to be a conspiracy theorist to see that Obama had many things that allowed him to be more acceptable to mainstream.

I was just stating the obvious and the double standard that exist because the "leaders" have tied their bed to Democrats and that provides a base of power, money, influence for them as they see it.
Re: No Dark-skinned Black Allowed! by lazy(m): 8:59pm On Jan 12, 2010
JeSoul:

I think that is infact what he is arguing . . . right Lazy?

@JeSoul You are right that I am saying it is a Double Standard and I was just saying the reason why is that the "leaders" have tied themselves to the Democratic party because they feel that is in the best interest for what they represent.

Now, I disagree with that and just say that it is the more like the Democratic party is in the best interest for Themselves. I feel that one should be party neutral and really focus on the issue/issues at hand period. To me this just shows a double standard and bias.
Re: No Dark-skinned Black Allowed! by NegroNtns(m): 10:44pm On Jan 12, 2010
. . . Offtopic, but Negro, say it ain't so, surely you're not hoping for 40 acres and a mule for AA's are you? not expecting reparations check to be handed out soon?

why not dear? . . .for grace, add a candy apple caddy to the stock!

lmao. . .hey, on a serious note, no I'm not! The political reimbursements I'm talking about go far deeper than material compensations of land deeds and livestock. It goes back many years when Robert Kyl, a Black international law expert attempted to establish declarations in UN that will conclude on Jim Crow laws in US. Many older generation Blacks know that story and even though its not in everyday conversation, whites are wary of a Sharpton or Jackson in White House in many ways that an Obama does not raise their apprehension to that high level.

Lazy, thanks for clarifying your position. I disagree that the underlying factors for Obama victory was obvious. If it was he would not have won the white house. The journey had to be shrouded using mainstream media's help. Just because you understand it does not mean everyone else out there did.
Re: No Dark-skinned Black Allowed! by lazy(m): 10:49pm On Jan 12, 2010
Negro_Ntns:

Lazy, thanks for clarifying your position. I disagree that the underlying factors for Obama victory was obvious. If it was he would not have won the white house. The journey had to be shrouded using mainstream media's help. Just because you understand it does not mean everyone else out there did.

Well you might be right, most ppl are not good observers.
Re: No Dark-skinned Black Allowed! by cold(m): 11:05pm On Jan 12, 2010
But then again it is not only Reid that has made allusions to light skinned blacks being more acceptable to 'white skinned' Americans.Colin Powell also admitted that the reason he rose thru the ranks in the white house was bcuz he didn't speak lyk the average negro & in his own words-'i aint that black'.
Re: No Dark-skinned Black Allowed! by lazy(m): 11:10pm On Jan 12, 2010
cold:

But then again it is not only Reid that has made allusions to light skinned blacks being more acceptable to 'white skinned' Americans.Colin Powell also admitted that the reason he rose thru the ranks in the white house was bcuz he didn't speak lyk the average negro & in his own words-'i aint that black'.

I don't think anyone is saying that Reid is the only one who actually thinks that is the case, many in American society do as well. All Harry Reid did was to confirm that he also felt that way as well. With others, you don't know.
Re: No Dark-skinned Black Allowed! by Uche2nna(m): 11:15pm On Jan 12, 2010
lazy:

I don't think anyone is saying that Reid is the only one who actually thinks that is the case, many in American society do as well. All Harry Reid did was to confirm that he also felt that way as well. With others, you don't know.

A quick question tho,

Was Reid echoing his own feelings or was he talking about the feelings of a majority of the electorate?

Reid's words were regrettable but it was devoid of malice. Compare that to what Clinton said when Ted Kennedy endorsed Obama and U will see a huge difference.
Re: No Dark-skinned Black Allowed! by lazy(m): 11:23pm On Jan 12, 2010
Uche2nna:

A quick question tho,

Was Reid echoing his own feelings or was he talking about the feelings of a majority of the electorate?

Reid's words were regrettable but it was devoid of malice. Compare that to what Clinton said when Ted Kennedy endorsed Obama and U will see a huge difference.

I don't know what is in the man's heart per say (none of us do about anyone unless their actions prove otherwise), but that he felt that White society would be more accepting of Obama because he possessed those qualities. That is what I meant by saying he also felt that way.

I am not saying that anyone's statements are no worse or better than the other. I am not really trying to qualify them.
Re: No Dark-skinned Black Allowed! by TayoD1(m): 12:21am On Jan 13, 2010
@topic,

If I may add my two cents as a dark-skinned, heavily accented Negro!  I have chosen to overcome all prejudice against me to ask a very important question.  Is Harry Reid still qualified to own a NFL team?  grin grin grin

And by the way, can someone please confirm the rumour that the Association of Non-Accented Light Skinned Negroes (NALSN) is raising funds for Uncle Harry's election campaign.  I understand that Clinton was persuaded to attend the fundraising when he was told that coffee will be served by Negroes. grin grin grin
Re: No Dark-skinned Black Allowed! by preselect(m): 7:35pm On Jan 14, 2010
Tayo-D:

@topic,
If I may add my two cents as a dark-skinned, heavily accented Negro! I have chosen to overcome all prejudice against me to ask a very important question. Is Harry Reid still qualified to own a NFL team? grin grin grin
And by the way, can someone please confirm the rumour that the Association of Non-Accented Light Skinned Negroes (NALSN) is raising funds for Uncle Harry's election campaign. I understand that Clinton was persuaded to attend the fundraising when he was told that coffee will be served by Negroes. grin grin grin

happy new year my big brother tayo d cheesy . . . hope u had a great holiday season? i did smiley . . . . will soon join you in US but i need to go to naija first, bc if i enter yankee it will be looong b4 i reach home again.

@topic
harry reid made a gaffe . . somebady said a gaffe is when a politician says the truth unintentionally grin . . . i'm dark skinned, heavy accent, even sef my dark skin come rough too grin. but he'll get an NFL team b/c he wasnt insulting blacks, he was saying the truth grin . . light skin blacks are more accepted in the west than dark skin ones.
black leaders support him b/c he has a history of supporting the black people unlike trent lott, or rush limbaugh. they may not like what he said, but the have to support him bc they need him. thats how pathetic the AA are in the US.

forget harry reid, what bill clinton was alleged to have said(so far not yet denied) is even more pathetic and personal. i cant imagine it. very insulting. harry's statement was not insulting, but bill clinton's statement was. and yet, if the African Americans have had any friend in the white house, it is bill clinton. pathetic innit?
have some fun tayo
Re: No Dark-skinned Black Allowed! by preselect(m): 7:39pm On Jan 14, 2010
in the meantime, obama rules with his light skin color. and note that if obama were here in the UK, he wont be called black per se, but mixed. in the UK 'mixed race'' is becoming another race on its own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKSRdpi15qc

here's daddy cool for democrats to watch . . . check out hillary the witch . . . she's crazy like a fool grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7Nhwa6c1bo
Re: No Dark-skinned Black Allowed! by debosky(m): 11:08pm On Jan 14, 2010
The distinction is irrational, especially from black people - there will always be somebody not satisfied.

He's 'light-skinned' so what? Now how exactly do 'black people' speak?

I don't agree with your assertion Negro - it is foolish and idiotic to THINK that the deepness of the colour of his skin would now be the determining factor or his so called 'speech'.

I think it's all in your head.

Very soon Hillary saying she likes straight hair will be interpreted as being against blacks with curly hair.
Re: No Dark-skinned Black Allowed! by NIGboi(m): 2:56am On Jan 15, 2010
interesting,
Re: No Dark-skinned Black Allowed! by NegroNtns(m): 5:03am On Jan 16, 2010
debo, na u I see so? lol! How things dey go for your end?

I know you have heard what Pat Roberts said of Haiti. He said things of Haitians he never said of the vitims of Tsunami in Thailand, even though both countres share similar colonial past. Take that statement, add Reid's to it, add Clinton's on top of that, pile Limbaugh's to it, stack to it the statement of Jerry Falwell, Evangelical who owns Liberty University and made a statement similar to Robert's but directed at the vitims of Hurricane Katrina, add to that Trent Lott's utterance . .what you have is a continous and persistent beat-down of black people, from media, politicians, religious leaders and . . .people like you who, though black, fail to see clearly through the code. You cling to the brilliance of your mind but what value is your brilliance to the collective black cause when you attack my position as foolish and idiotic? lol!
Re: No Dark-skinned Black Allowed! by paddylo1(m): 1:00pm On Jan 17, 2010
forget harry reid, what bill clinton was alleged to have said(so far not yet denied) is even more pathetic and personal. i cant imagine it. very insulting. harry's statement was not insulting, but bill clinton's statement was. and yet, if the African Americans have had any friend in the white house, it is bill clinton. pathetic innit?

and how exactly cant u imagine it?. .bill clinton is from the south or have u also forgotten that
i dont think any black person alive today should be surprised by racism,as a matter of fact it would be suicidal
not to expect and prepare yourself for some form of racism esp if u live in a white world

cclinton is nothing more than the white man who calls u nigger as soon as u leave the room. . .
Re: No Dark-skinned Black Allowed! by Konadub: 4:59pm On Jan 17, 2010
lazy:

You are right that he was trying to highlight why he would be accepted but I don't know if it was a poor choice of words because what other kind of words he could have used say what he did. I am going to try and say what he did in a very Politically Correct Way:

Obama has a good chance because he has a lighter complexion among AAs and he doesn't use African American Vernacular English unless he wants to.

I even think that would still have caused an uproar.

Yeah, it would of caused an uproar from some but it is a valid statement that used appropriate language. I don't think Mr.Reid is that culturally educated.
Re: No Dark-skinned Black Allowed! by Nobody: 6:45am On Jan 18, 2010
I ain't surprised at all. Most commercials only show light skinned blacks anyways or just blacks with mixed heritage. The only time they use a dark skin man or woman is when the commerrcial is about disease, or about a family going broke. Racism in the media alone is enough to make you hate the TV. bleeping kkgays

I mean Reid made it clear what he would accept as a black man. That statement means nothing more than what it said. His choice of words are in harmony with his intentions. Obama is light skin and doesn't have the "Negroe" dialect. How backwards can people be? So you judge people by the way they sound?
Re: No Dark-skinned Black Allowed! by debosky(m): 9:48pm On Jan 18, 2010
9jaganja:

I ain't surprised at all. Most commercials only show light skinned blacks anyways or just blacks with mixed heritage. The only time they use a dark skin man or woman is when the commerrcial is about disease, or about a family going broke. Racism in the media alone is enough to make you hate the TV. bleeping kkgays

Absolute rubbish - the most popular black models are the very BLACK looking ones - is that an advertisement for disease?

I mean Reid made it clear what he would accept as a black man. That statement means nothing more than what it said. His choice of words are in harmony with his intentions. Obama is light skin and doesn't have the "Negroe" dialect. How backwards can people be? So you judge people by the way they sound?

Reid may have said something foolish - to claim that a man's entire belief on race can be gleaned from a sentence is ridiculous.

Negro_Ntns:

debo, na u I see so? lol! How things dey go for your end?

I know you have heard what Pat Roberts said of Haiti. He said things of Haitians he never said of the vitims of Tsunami in Thailand, even though both countres share similar colonial past. Take that statement, add Reid's to it, add Clinton's on top of that, pile Limbaugh's to it, stack to it the statement of Jerry Falwell, Evangelical who owns Liberty University and made a statement similar to Robert's but directed at the vitims of Hurricane Katrina, add to that Trent Lott's utterance . .what you have is a continous and persistent beat-down of black people, from media, politicians, religious leaders and . . .people like you who, though black, fail to see clearly through the code. You cling to the brilliance of your mind but what value is your brilliance to the collective black cause when you attack my position as foolish and idiotic? lol!

Na me you see so oh! Let people make statements all day long - it is the duty of black people to prove those allegations wrong. The Chinese and Japanese were called names for ages, and now they are now economic forces. If we don't sort ourselves out, you expect them to relent?

If someone somewhere is beating down black people, let we black people praise ourselves and stop falling into the same type of irrational classification system.

I am Nigerian - as far as I know, there is no difference between a 'very black' person and a 'light skinned' person - it is a superficial difference and nothing more.

Blame the whites all you want, but they aren't the cause of the problem - it's our self hatred that is to blame most of the time. Sort out your own issues first and foremost.
Re: No Dark-skinned Black Allowed! by toshmann(m): 10:40pm On Jan 18, 2010
i strongly believe that it all boils down to money grin . . if nigeria, for instance, were a rich nation, people wont make fun of our culture/accent/color etc and more importantly we will be proud of our being.

no matter what we do, as long as we remain a non focussed poor nation or group of nations, everything we do will be seen as poor. be it accent/color/food/dance etc, but once we are great, the whole worl will want to dance to our tune. look at americans, people who cant even speak good english, but b/c they are rich and powerful, their english becomes the latest and even finds its way into the dictionary, their culture becomes world event, etc
Re: No Dark-skinned Black Allowed! by Nobody: 12:45am On Jan 19, 2010
debosky:

Absolute rubbish - the most popular black models are the very BLACK looking ones - is that an advertisement for disease?

Oluchi, name another, and another plus another.

debosky:

Reid may have said something foolish - to claim that a man's entire belief on race can be gleaned from a sentence is ridiculous.

Na me you see so oh! Let people make statements all day long - it is the duty of black people to prove those allegations wrong. The Chinese and Japanese were called names for ages, and now they are now economic forces. If we don't sort ourselves out, you expect them to relent?

If someone somewhere is beating down black people, let we black people praise ourselves and stop falling into the same type of irrational classification system.

I am Nigerian - as far as I know, there is no difference between a 'very black' person and a 'light skinned' person - it is a superficial difference and nothing more.

Blame the whites all you want, but they aren't the cause of the problem - it's our self hatred that is to blame most of the time. Sort out your own issues first and foremost.

Where in my post did I blame white folks? You are just trying to sound intelligent which obviously you ain't. Where in my post did I blame Caucasians? Be intelligent not play to be.
Re: No Dark-skinned Black Allowed! by bkbaybe99: 9:12am On Jan 19, 2010
So president Obeezy getn a free ride cus he don't be talking ebonics in that jive azz negro ish? I aint tryna belive that cuz. If u think light skinded brovas be gettn free rides on e'rythn, how come my nicca ray carruth still behind them greatwalls?!? Mein, eff this, this topic wacker than a project ho dunno how to get down in bed. Famz,I'm ghost. Holla!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Libya, Rebel Army Runs Away Road Advanced 2 Days Ago / SIMPLICITY: British Prime Minister Enjoying Beach With Citizens (PHOTOS) / Russian Vs Ukraine War: Missiles Fired And Plane Crashes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.