Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,397 members, 7,861,116 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:58 AM

What Is So Special About Human Life? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is So Special About Human Life? (4520 Views)

Human Life Circle In Pictures: Which Stage Are You Currently? / #prayformuamba: Footballing Moment That Proved A Human Life Was More Important.. / Some Amazing Facts About Human Brain:part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by Image123(m): 10:33am On May 15, 2017
HardMirror:

Can you tell us about this purpose? Everything has purpose. Even the rocks and chickens serve a purpose. So what makes you more special than a chicken? Eternity, we are all eternal and would always be eternal, even a chicken is eternal and has always been. We die and our matter and energy goes back into circulation. So what makes you more special because those things you listed are what every living and non living things have. Eternity and purpose.

Lol, this is very childish and funny. You give a rock purpose, it could be a stumbling block, or a wedge, or an hammer, or a cornerstone, you may even crush it for another use, or just sell the rock. You give it purpose because it is yours or you have some right to it. Same thing the chicken, it could well be your pet or your spouse. But you cannot define the purpose of my chicken for instance. i do not dictate the purpose of your chicken too. Generally speaking though, chicken is for food. It is a sweet part of the food chain. Humans beings are not that way. Human beings have spirit, soul and body(i'm salivating at how yáll are going to start gnashing teeth about these like that's all you saw) cheesy cheesy. Human beings have a will, they are free moral agents. In simple words, they have ability to choose and decide in peculiar ways that no other creatures ON EARTH can. It'd be absurd but i won't be surprised if i need to explain this clear fact, shows how much the devourer can eat up and blind people's brains at will.
Eternity, lol, you don't even have an idea. Chickens are eternal indeed. Lemme not waste time explaining physics to a phone charger as it were.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by Image123(m): 10:34am On May 15, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

just what I expected, inability to think further than your chosen god/religion

Image123, that simply means the Hindu life is meaningless, so does the Muslim, so does the........

special pleading grin

You said and agree to the fact that your life is meaningless. What do you care about the hindus? If they are here, let them speak for themselves. Stop weeping more than the bereaved, or are you a professional mourner by trade?
Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by HardMirror(m): 10:36am On May 15, 2017
Image123:

i don't. i'm being very generous today.
Ecc 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

You can never do this and regret life or be depressed.
You are right. Someone tells you what to believe and live for, you remain "happy" so long you don't question the truth of what you are told to live for. That does not answer the question of how man is special or serve an higher pupose than everyother thing in existence.
Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by hopefulLandlord: 10:37am On May 15, 2017
Image123:

You said and agree to the fact that your life is meaningless. What do you care about the hindus? If they are here, let them speak for themselves. Stop weeping more than the bereaved, or are you a professional mourner by trade?

show me where I "said and agreed" my life is meaningless

image123 and lies grin
Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by HardMirror(m): 10:38am On May 15, 2017
Image123:

You are yet to tell us what makes you special. You said purpose and eternity. Even a rock has purpose and is eternal. So if everything has purpose and are eternal, how then are you special?
Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by HardMirror(m): 10:42am On May 15, 2017
Image123:

Lol, this is very childish and funny. You give a rock purpose, it could be a stumbling block, or a wedge, or an hammer, or a cornerstone, you may even crush it for another use, or just sell the rock. You give it purpose because it is yours or you have some right to it. Same thing the chicken, it could well be your pet or your spouse. But you cannot define the purpose of my chicken for instance. i do not dictate the purpose of your chicken too. Generally speaking though, chicken is for food. It is a sweet part of the food chain. Humans beings are not that way. Human beings have spirit, soul and body(i'm salivating at how yáll are going to start gnashing teeth about these like that's all you saw) cheesy cheesy. Human beings have a will, they are free moral agents. In simple words, they have ability to choose and decide in peculiar ways that no other creatures ON EARTH can. It'd be absurd but i won't be surprised if i need to explain this clear fact, shows how much the devourer can eat up and blind people's brains at will.
Eternity, lol, you don't even have an idea. Chickens are eternal indeed. Lemme not waste time explaining physics to a phone charger as it were.
You see? You can't. See the big picture. You think about yourself only. So you think it is humans alone that gives rocks purpose? Even a snail can give a rock purpose, a goat can give a rock purpose. It's not all about use humans. Everything has purpose, so if everything has purpose, why do you think we humans are special?
Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by Elkay3: 10:42am On May 15, 2017
HardMirror:

spe·cial/ˈspeSHəl/
adjective
better, greater, or otherwise different from what is usual.
noun
a thing, such as an event, product, or broadcast, that is designed or organized for a particular occasion or purpose.

What do we compare man to?
Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by HardMirror(m): 10:48am On May 15, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

image123 and lies grin
It is psychology, he thinks by enforcing the notion thhat atheists have a meaningless life, it makes christians like him have a meaningful life. I won't argue with him, all I ask is for him to tell me what makes him special.
Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by HardMirror(m): 10:49am On May 15, 2017
Elkay3:

What do we compare man to?
Everything else even none living things are special to me. No big deal being human
Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by Elkay3: 10:56am On May 15, 2017
HardMirror:

Everything else even none living things are special to me. No big deal being human

You and I knows that wasn't an answer to my question.
But for the record, are an atheist or a theist or a deist, agnostic or a believer?
Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by dalaman: 10:56am On May 15, 2017
Image123:

Eternity and purpose. There is only one God and you know who so stop asking foolish questions this early Monday morning.

What eternity and what purpose? There isn't ONLY one God. There are many Gods. Stop telling lies this Monday morning.
Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:01am On May 15, 2017
dalaman:

And KingEbukasBlog grin grin. No be small thing. They came harangiung us that life has meaning bla bla bla. When I asked them to tell me the meaning of life non of them could answer.

I gave you an answer from a Christian perspective . But you never gave any meaningful response . And we know that atheists subscribe to nihilism - that life is utterly meaningless and purposeless . That explains so much about the despicable , nefarious and horrendous acts against humanity carried out by the atheists . And why atheists are more prone to commit suicide than any other group . Why let people live when life is meaningless right ?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by Nobody: 11:06am On May 15, 2017
HardMirror:

What is the purpose of man with all the technology? You seem not to see the big picture. Ok we are intelligent, what is the purpose of the intelligence? It helps us "improve" our life, we can create things to make life easier for ourselves. Goog, after that, what next? What if we could even make life so good, we live longer, what is the purpose our living longer serve? What if we have weapons, what purpose is it going to serve. If our intelligence keeps the world going, what purpose does that serve? If man can live forever, what purpose does that serve? We live for basics at the end. It is all about pleasure and that is no purpose

It's all about self realization. we are all journeying through the vast space of the cosmos. Earth is just a bus top.
Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by dalaman: 11:17am On May 15, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

I gave you an answer from a Christian perspective . But you never gave any meaningful response . And we know that atheists subscribe to nihilism - that life is utterly meaningless and purposeless . That explains so much about the despicable , nefarious and horrendous acts against humanity carried out by the atheists . And why atheists are more prone to commit suicide than any other group . Why let people live when life is meaningless right ?

You did no such thing. Giving answers from a Christain perspective shows that life's meaning is subjective. Life has no universal meaning that is acceptable by all human beings. The meaning of life is what you chose to make of it. The despicable, nefarious and horrendous acts against humanity have been committed by atheist and theist alike. Read your bible all the despicable and horrendous genocide recorded there in were carried out not by atheist but by your so called prohets and men of God, they were so brutal that they believed in stoning their children to death as a just punishment. They annilated their neighbors for worshipping other Gods. Read the bible all the atrocities sand genocides were committed by your God and his chosen men.

Now you'll open your shamless mouth and call it judgement. But it's the same judgement Boko Haram and other Islamist are carrying out, why then do you condem them?

5 Likes

Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by HardMirror(m): 11:18am On May 15, 2017
onyenze123:

It's all about self realization. we are all journeying through the vast space of the cosmos. Earth is just a bus top.
So where are we going? Who are those on this journey? How did you get to know about this journey?
Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by ifenes(m): 11:18am On May 15, 2017
HardMirror:

I still don't see what makes us special. If you claim aliens learn from us, don't you know we humans also learn from other animals?

We learn from everyone. Without humans, other forms of lives forms creation is not complete. We all are unique not obviously not better than the others. Life in various ways is only an experience, non of them are real.

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by hopefulLandlord: 11:20am On May 15, 2017
dalaman:

Now you'll open your shamless mouth and call it judgement. But it's the same judgement Boko Haram ad other Islamist are carrying out, when then do you condemning them?

this!!

although I find it funny how theists pretend not to understand your question about the meaning of life, I guess that's easier than admitting they've got no answer

2 Likes

Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by HardMirror(m): 11:20am On May 15, 2017
dalaman:

You did no such thing. Giving answers from a Christain perspective shows that life's meaning is subjective. Live has no universal meaning that is acceptable by all human beings. The meaning of life is what you chose to make of it. The despicable, nefarious and horrendous acts against humanity have been committed by atheist and theist alike. Read your bible all the despicable and horrendous genocide recorded there in were carried out by atheist but by your so called prohets and men of God they were so brutal that they believed in stoning their children to death as a just punishment. They annilated their neighbors for worshipping other Gods. Read the bible all the atrocitiesand genoxides were commuted by your God and his chosen men.

Now you'll open your shamless mouth and call it judgement. But it's the same judgement Boko Haram ad other Islamist are carrying out, when then do you condemning them?
The thing tire me o.
Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by Nobody: 11:28am On May 15, 2017
HardMirror:

So where are we going? Who are those on this journey? How did you get to know about this journey?

1. We are going to another dimension in this multi-verse (I hope you know about 4-D, 5-D.... )

2. Everyone (Everyone has a soul)

3. From personal experiences, research, other people's experiences and narration
Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by HardMirror(m): 11:34am On May 15, 2017
ifenes:

We learn from everyone. Without humans, other forms of lives forms creation is not complete. We all are unique not obviously not better than the others. Life in various ways is only an experience, non of them are real.
I can't agree with this. You say without humans other creation are not complete. I am sure chickens are glad we exist. Or how do we complete the existence of earth worms. We attribute too much to ourselves. We need other liveforms than they need us. We are more parasite than beneficial to other live forms
Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by HardMirror(m): 11:36am On May 15, 2017
onyenze123:

1. We are going to another dimension in this multi-verse (I hope you know about 4-D, 5-D.... )

2. Everyone (Everyone has a soul)

3. From personal experiences, research, other people's experiences and narration

so what is the purpose of this journey we are on? Why are we on this journey?
Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by ifenes(m): 11:41am On May 15, 2017
HardMirror:

I can't agree with this. You say without humans other creation are not complete. I am sure chickens are glad we exist. Or how do we complete the existence of earth worms. We attribute too much to ourselves. We need other liveforms than they need us. We are more parasite than beneficial to other live forms

Every life form plays his part,be it Ants or Birds, we are all special and unique in different ways. You seem to look at it from human angle alone,which shouldn't be so. But then, it is okay to think humans ain't special, that's another angle to life, but not necessarily the valid.

The chicken might even be more spiritually evolved than the human and so is the fish who don't mind us eating them.

3 Likes

Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by Nobody: 11:57am On May 15, 2017
HardMirror:
so what is the purpose of this journey we are on? Why are we on this journey?

1. Traveling is learning. The purpose is to learn.

2. We are on this journey to become gods and "conquer" the universe
Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by HardMirror(m): 12:12pm On May 15, 2017
onyenze123:

1. Traveling is learning. The purpose is to learn.

2. We are on this journey to become gods and "conquer" the universe
Why are we to become gods? What purpose would our being gods serve.

Sounds like a fantasy to me. So when we become gods, what next? Does not sound like a purpose to me. Sounds vain and childish

And conquer the universe? Lol. As if the universe even cares that you exist. Let's take earth as an example if we conquer earth, so what? Why conquer earth, what purpose does that serve?

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by dalaman: 12:39pm On May 15, 2017
HardMirror:

Sounds like a fantasy to me. So when we become gods, what next? Does not sound like a purpose to me. Sounds vain and childish

And conquer the universe? Lol. As if the universe even cares that you exist. Let's take earth as an example if we conquer earth, so what? Why conquer earth, what purpose does that serve?

I tire o.
Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by Nobody: 12:55pm On May 15, 2017
HardMirror:

See questions.

We live for basics at the end. It is all about pleasure and that is no purpose

I don't have all the answers, nobody does. That's why we are investigating. To hold the above view is really personal, I don't subscribe to it because of I know deep down in my core is God and all I have to do is self realization.
Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 15, 2017
dalaman:

I tire o.

Why u no go tire?

That your babe still dey pray for you? grin
Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by HardMirror(m): 1:59pm On May 15, 2017
onyenze123:

See questions.

I don't have all the answers, nobody does. That's why we are investigating. To hold the above view is really personal, I don't subscribe to it because of I know deep down in my core is God and all I have to do is self realization.
Investigating? For real? Am pls what are the steps you've taken in seeking for the truth so far? Pls share with us here.
Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by Image123(m): 5:48pm On May 15, 2017
HardMirror:

You are right. Someone tells you what to believe and live for, you remain "happy" so long you don't question the truth of what you are told to live for. That does not answer the question of how man is special or serve an higher pupose than everyother thing in existence.

The bolded should settle it. i've long questioned the truth of what i have been told to live for, possibly before you even started your christian journey, not to mention ended it. i've kept on asking questions and i have remained happy, fulfilled and blessed.
Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by Image123(m): 5:52pm On May 15, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

image123 and lies grin

Duh, it's implied and the norm. Sorry if the way i put it hurts you though. You've not said it(or more accurately put typed it). But we know it and there is no need to throw tantrums about it. Simply settle it though by answering plainly.
Is your life special or meaningful?
Is human life special or meaningful?
Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by hopefulLandlord: 5:56pm On May 15, 2017
Image123:

Duh, it's implied and the norm. Sorry if the way i put it hurts you though. You've not said it(or more accurately put typed it). But we know it and there is no need to throw tantrums about it. Simply settle it though by answering plainly.
Is your life special or meaningful?
Is human life special or meaningful?

you should know me better than to use these tactics

don't run around in circles to cover your goof, stop chasing your own tail
show me where I said my life is meaningless, its simple

I ha have the answers to your question but I'm not gonna give in to your red herrings, show me where I said what you claim I said
Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by Image123(m): 5:59pm On May 15, 2017
HardMirror:

You are yet to tell us what makes you special. You said purpose and eternity. Even a rock has purpose and is eternal. So if everything has purpose and are eternal, how then are you special?

Rocks do not have purpose in the sense that humans do. i talked about purpose in higher or peculiar ways. Your shoe and your car do not serve the same purpose. One is definitely more useful or purposeful or meaningful. It's crazy to say that because they both have purpose, they are the same. That is exactly what you are doing, crazy things.
Rocks are not eternal in the sense or definition that humans are. The eternity we talk about and define is the same form. It is not the recent addition to science about matter. Humans continue to exist as the same very person forever. The rock takes another form entirely and could easily be pieced into different things. This is a very patient thing to teach, like kindergaten.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Do Not Take The Covid Vaccine. The Vaccine Is Death / Muslim Murders Wife For Reading Bible / Happy Easter To All Nairalanders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.