Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,714 members, 7,824,027 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

How Can I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Can I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? (22073 Views)

Dangers Of Having Cockroaches In Your House / Cockroaches Eat Glue On Envelopes. / How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? by Nobody: 5:26am On Jan 12, 2010
How best can i get rid of Cockroaches in my house?

A few years ago, someone gave a chalk that when i draw lines on the floor, it attracts and kills roaches. I remember that chalk worked very fine, unfortunately i cant find it in the market. Has anyone ever heard of the chalk?
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? by OgidiBoy(m): 5:29am On Jan 12, 2010
Ewwwww I think roaches are attracted to filthy houses, clean your house and maybe they'll go away.
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? by Nobody: 5:57am On Jan 12, 2010
OgidiBoy:

Ewwwww I think roaches are attracted to filthy houses, clean your house and maybe they'll go away.

you are right, but my house is not filthy.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? by SeanT21(f): 6:01am On Jan 12, 2010
Get some spray.
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? by Bisijohn: 11:03am On Jan 13, 2010
Let me give you the solution. Buy Snippers in the market and apply it. It will eradicate it totally. The cost is just N250 only. Try it and get back to me.
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? by otilowaju(f): 11:15am On Jan 13, 2010
OgidiBoy:

Roaches of today defy cleanliness, they are almost everywhere!!! I maintain a very clean environment yet those smal-small cockroaches found their way into my kitchen cabinet drawer despite the presence of camphor balls I keep there!!! some days ago I found a small one in my fridge even (eeew!!!). I have wallghekos too and they tend to eat the small roaches but I hate the sight of both. embarassed

adeniyi83:

How best can i get rid of Cockroaches in my house?

A few years ago, someone gave a chalk that when i draw lines on the floor, it attracts and kills roaches. I remember that chalk worked very fine, unfortunately i cant find it in the market. Has anyone ever heard of the chalk?

Yes, Ive used the chalk too and it was very effective but I don't know where to buy it either.
Bisijohn:

Let me give you the solution. Buy Snippers in the market and apply it. It will eradicate it totally. The cost is just N250 only. Try it and get back to me.

What are Snippers and where can they be bought? Can they also remove Wallghekos? Oh how I hate ghekos but I cant kill them directly!! sad
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? by Zimex: 11:44am On Jan 13, 2010
Try 'Piff-Paff' or 'Rambo- Rambo'

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? by sodconfirm: 11:58am On Jan 13, 2010
It might be cheap (N20) but if your nose is not covered properly you might join d rebels in your house, Kills absolutely any living thing in your house. GO-GO 90 is d name.
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? by madamL(f): 12:04pm On Jan 13, 2010
Get someone to fumigate your house. I did it once and was free from roaches for a good eight months. That was pure bliss. Cleaning won't send them running away.
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? by BigStar1(m): 12:16pm On Jan 13, 2010
get Vestox, it's very good. it's a white powder
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? by r231(m): 12:20pm On Jan 13, 2010
.raid ;d
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? by asha80(m): 12:34pm On Jan 13, 2010
Introduce lizards lipsrsealed
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? by desthan(m): 1:31pm On Jan 13, 2010
asha 80:

Introduce lizards lipsrsealed

grin grin
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? by beknown(m): 1:47pm On Jan 13, 2010
@Poster,

The long term solution to your problem is good cleanliness. If you say that you have no problem of filth in your own house, your neighbourhood could be the source of your cockroaches. Unless you attack the source, the infestation will not go away for long.

The answer to solve a neighbourhood infestation is to mobilise everyone to clean their homes and use spray to eradicate current insects.

If the cockroach problem refuse to go, better move to a cleaner neighbourhood.
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? by Mutee: 1:59pm On Jan 13, 2010
Bisijohn:

Let me give you the solution. Buy Snippers  in the market and apply it. It will eradicate it totally. The cost is just N250 only. Try it and get back to me.

I tell you this guy has said it all.

Since i was born I've never seen any insecticide that is as powerful as this SNIPPER.
I'm a living witness. Sniper kills any flying and crawling insect. Believe it or not, it weakens even snake.

The last time i used it was in Edo state, so i don't know where you can get it here in Lagos.

Try to also keep a clean house.
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? by pafun(m): 2:29pm On Jan 13, 2010
otapiapia
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? by Ben13: 2:53pm On Jan 13, 2010
The Local Insecticide will do a good job. . .
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? by Jarus(m): 3:06pm On Jan 13, 2010
soole lasan
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? by MUNEER2(m): 3:07pm On Jan 13, 2010
This SNIPPER of a thing sound so good with the generality's' comment, i think I'm interested too.

Jarus:

soole lasan
This doesn't work for roaches undecided
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? by blackcat1: 3:24pm On Jan 13, 2010
clean your house
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? by ohisng(m): 3:33pm On Jan 13, 2010
How about trying to be NEAT for once!!
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? by elai123(f): 3:40pm On Jan 13, 2010
desthan:

grin grin
i don't have filth in my home and my neighbourhood is relatively new we are all just a year old there and i didn't bring d roaches from my former place cos i didn't  ave them then and in was over conscious of bringing rodents in

those small small ones will drive you crazy unlike the big ones that you can see the eggs and clean it out i am yet to come across this ones eggs

i just concluded that maybe they breed in between the new kitchen cabinet so i got mayself a syringe and a large bottle of snipper and got to walk and since then ave not seen then though i repeat this every month

the only thing is i did not get in lagos when last i was dere but its quite abundant in abuja
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? by platinumnk(f): 3:41pm On Jan 13, 2010
ohisng:

How about trying to be NEAT for once!!
it could be the posters neighboorhood. Try not leaving any food out.
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? by babuji(f): 4:02pm On Jan 13, 2010
@Desthan, please where did you get the snipper in abuja?
highly interested.
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? by dustydee: 4:07pm On Jan 13, 2010
start eating them, in no time they will all disappear.
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? by Jaybee2412(m): 4:49pm On Jan 13, 2010
Bur an assault rifle, then keep a vigil for any bleeding roach. grin
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? by koolchicco: 5:23pm On Jan 13, 2010
@OP

Clean ur house nau, Its too dirty! undecided
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? by Bisijohn: 5:53pm On Jan 13, 2010
You can buy Snippers at Idumota market where they sell insecticides generally. When the tiny coackroaches invaded my apartment through the furniture we bought then, my wife spent huge amount on so many insecticides (Chalk,Raid etc) but all to no avail. It was when we got to know about snippers and applied it, t all the coackroaches and their eggs perished. Snipper works like magic. In fact, if it is sold for N5,000 is not bad at all.
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? by Spyker: 6:17pm On Jan 13, 2010
Roaches survive on anything, they eat everything hence everywhere is home. Just look for holes in your house and cover them up. Use insecticides and spray everywhere. Clean your environment and surrounding.
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? by KlinBoy: 6:28pm On Jan 13, 2010
Try starting ur own eatry bizness. Like making fried roaches in transparent nylon!! grin
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? by PurestBoy(m): 8:19pm On Jan 13, 2010
KlinBoy:

Try starting your own eatry bizness. Like making fried roaches in transparent nylon!! grin

May God forgive you. Naughty boi

@Poster: I'll advice you to get a snake, that should do the job for you
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? by Mutee: 8:47pm On Jan 13, 2010
You can see that so many people here are speaking from experience, just get SNIPPER and say goodbye to insects for good.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

COVID19: 1 In 5 People With Respiratory Symptoms In Lagos Positive– Commissioner / Guy Sustains Injury After A Drink-Drive Fatal Accident (Graphic Pics) / Ojeh Cynthia Nnenna: Fake Drug Kills ESUT Final Year Student (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.