Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Kalu: I Spoke With Yaradua Days After They Said He Died: Rumour Worse Than Lie - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kalu: I Spoke With Yaradua Days After They Said He Died: Rumour Worse Than Lie (4605 Views)

Throwback: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Burnt House In Kaduna,1966 Where He Died / I Taught they said this Man was brutal / Bishop Oyedepo Said He Will Open The Gates Of Hell On Whoever Opposes GEJ. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kalu: I Spoke With Yaradua Days After They Said He Died: Rumour Worse Than Lie by Mekusxyz: 5:52am On Jan 12, 2010
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/news/article01//indexn2_html?pdate=120110&ptitle=Govt denies Yar'Adua's death, pressure mounts

Govt denies Yar'Adua's death, pressure mounts

Govs hold fresh meeting on Yar'Adua

Soyinka laments lies to Nigeria, Nigerians' docility

Northern legislators meet
From Martins Oloja, Madu Onuorah, John Abba-Ogbodo, Azimazi Momoh Jimoh (Abuja) Abiodun Fagbemi (Ilorin) Emmanuel Ande (Jos) and Saxone Akhaine, Kaduna, Chukwuma Muanya (Lagos)

AMIDST rumours yesterday of the death of President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua in Saudi Arabia, the Presidency has urged Nigerians to ignore the story, saying that it is "not only false, but also a figment of the writers' imagination."

Special Adviser to the President (Media and Publicity), Olusegun Adeniyi, said the public should discountenance the story, insisting that President Yar'Adua was not only alive, but very much conscious and getting better.

Meanwhile, Nobel Laureate, Professor Wole Soyinka and some other prominent Nigerians and groups yesterday called for an urgent solution to the quagmire

According to Adeniyi, who sent his response from Angola where he said he was attending the opening ceremony of the African Cup of Nations as a member of the Presidential Task Force on Nigeria's participation in 2010 World Cup: "The speculations are false. The President is alive and actually getting better. He is very much conscious, can talk and has been talking , including making phone calls to some people back home."

The presidential spokesman added that he travelled to Angola with the permission of President Yar'Adua. "I am here officially. But I am coming back home, hopefully tomorrow, because he has so directed," Adeniyi said.

Indeed "last night, former governor of Abia State, Oji Uzor Kalu told The Guardian what he called "the most authentic proof that the rumour is worse than a lie."

"How could a man I spoke to on December 31, 2009 could have died on December 10?"

According to him, "Mutawallen Katsina spoke to me. I know his voice. Hamza, his Special Assistant who was his ADC when he was Katsina State governor, facilitated the call. " I was in Lebanon. I called Hamza to ask after the President's health and he told me he wouldn't see him until about four hours later."

After that, said Kalu, "he indeed called me back and handed the phone to President Yar'Adua. His voice was low but we exchanged banters the way he and I would normally do."

According to the former Abia governor, the President may have been moved to one of the residential houses of the Saudi King from hospital to stave off pressures.

"But to say keeping him in-communicado means he is dead is stretching the imagination too far."

Inside the Presidential Villa Abuja, the atmosphere was normal all through the day. There were no public engagements by Vice President Goodluck Jonathan who was still in his office at about 6pm.

But he received some visitors. The first was the Deputy President of the Senate, Ike Ekweremadu and, later, chairman of the National Ports Authority (NPA) and chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Chief Tony Anenih. Also, the Director General of the State Security Services (SSS), Mr Afakriya Gadzama, was with the Vice President. All officials were also on the ground in the Presidential Villa.

When The Guardian contacted the Minister of Information and Communications, Prof. Dora Akunyili, she said: "I am not aware. What I do know is that Mr. President is responding to treatment, and he recently spoke with the Vice President."

Minister of Health, Prof. Babatunde Osotimehin, also told The Guardian that he was not aware of anything on the President "Chukwuma! You should take it easy. I have not heard of any such thing," he said in response to the rumour of the President's death.
Re: Kalu: I Spoke With Yaradua Days After They Said He Died: Rumour Worse Than Lie by Mekusxyz: 5:53am On Jan 12, 2010
I believe Kalu. He would not say what he does not know, in such a circumstance, especially.

Thank God for Yaradua. I pray he makes it. Rotational presidency must not be truncated. grin
Re: Kalu: I Spoke With Yaradua Days After They Said He Died: Rumour Worse Than Lie by No2Atheism(m): 5:57am On Jan 12, 2010
South East . . . .2016 . . here we come . . .
Re: Kalu: I Spoke With Yaradua Days After They Said He Died: Rumour Worse Than Lie by Nobody: 6:00am On Jan 12, 2010
Mekus
I think the south south has a berra shot at the presidency now than the south east but the real issue is that the north dont trust jonathan as much.but why in the first instance did we adopt rotational presidency? Cause it seems not to have paid off though
Re: Kalu: I Spoke With Yaradua Days After They Said He Died: Rumour Worse Than Lie by Mekusxyz: 6:02am On Jan 12, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Mekus
I think the south south has a berra shot at the presidency now than the south east but the real issue is that the north dont trust jonathan as much.but why in the first instance did we adopt rotational presidency? Cause it seems not to have paid off though
Go back to my all posts on this matter. I have always advocated for the SS first because they are the most politically marginalized. Rotation is rotation and it will get to everyone eventually. At least the SE will have it before those who have had it can get it again. So no sweat. I love my SS brothers as you can see from all my posts. I can actually claim SS because I have my family house there and have lived there (in Eleme, Rivers State) much of my life.
Re: Kalu: I Spoke With Yaradua Days After They Said He Died: Rumour Worse Than Lie by Nobody: 6:10am On Jan 12, 2010
Ths SE may get it before SW provided your politicians dont sell out when the time comes
Re: Kalu: I Spoke With Yaradua Days After They Said He Died: Rumour Worse Than Lie by Mekusxyz: 6:13am On Jan 12, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Ths SE may get it before SW provided your politicians dont sell out when the time comes
Not may. It is a must. Your people sell out more than anyone else. No be MKO brothers sell am out?
Re: Kalu: I Spoke With Yaradua Days After They Said He Died: Rumour Worse Than Lie by No2Atheism(m): 6:21am On Jan 12, 2010
Mekusxyz:

Go back to my all posts on this matter. I have always advocated for the SS first because they are the most politically marginalized. Rotation is rotation and it will get to everyone eventually. At least the SE will have it before those who have had it can get it again. So no sweat. I love my SS brothers as you can see from all my posts. I can actually claim SS because I have my family house there and have lived there (in Eleme, Rivers State) much of my life.

I doubt that cus if i undertsand it properly its bound to a an oscillating arrangement i.e.

North - South

South - North

North - South

South - North

and so on

Thus wat happens is that each North or South would then determined which region it should be by itself . . .

Thus if South South gets the presidency, it would go back to the North before coming back to the South again . . .(for the SE)

Hence it means at least there would be 28yrs interval before the South West gets the presidency again . . . going by the logic i have above (i.e. Second Term of the North 4yrs , South South 8 years, South East 8 yrs, North 8yrs)
Re: Kalu: I Spoke With Yaradua Days After They Said He Died: Rumour Worse Than Lie by Mekusxyz: 6:23am On Jan 12, 2010
No2Atheism:

I doubt that cus if i undertsand it properly its bound to a an oscillating arrangement i.e.

North - South

South - North

North - South

South - North

and so on

Thus wat happens is that each North or South would then determined which region it should be by itself . . .

Thus if South South gets the presidency, it would go back to the North before coming back to the South again . . .(for the SE)

Hence it means at least there would be 28yrs interval before the South West gets the presidency again . . . going by the logic i have above (i.e. Second Term of the North 4yrs , South South 8 years, South East 8 yrs, North 8yrs)

You are right and we are saying the same thing. We have 6 zones and each must taste the apple before it gets back to those who have already tasted it. After NE  it goes to either SS or SE then NE or NC, and then back to SE or SS.
Re: Kalu: I Spoke With Yaradua Days After They Said He Died: Rumour Worse Than Lie by sjeezy8: 6:40am On Jan 12, 2010
I dont believe him
Re: Kalu: I Spoke With Yaradua Days After They Said He Died: Rumour Worse Than Lie by Nobody: 6:43am On Jan 12, 2010
I believe some region will sell their right to SW later on
Re: Kalu: I Spoke With Yaradua Days After They Said He Died: Rumour Worse Than Lie by Kobojunkie: 6:43am On Jan 12, 2010
Mekusxyz:

I believe Kalu. He would not say what he does not know, in such a circumstance, especially.
Thank God for Yaradua. I pray he makes it. Rotational presidency must not be truncated. grin

Interesting CLAIM made there! So, you are saying, Yar adua would not talk to

a) Jonathan,

b) Akunyili,

c) Bankole,

d) David Mark

. . . . . You get the point,

but he has no problems talking to Kalu??  undecided
Re: Kalu: I Spoke With Yaradua Days After They Said He Died: Rumour Worse Than Lie by Nobody: 6:47am On Jan 12, 2010
Whooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

So the most important thing is the origin of the president not his/her vision  for the country. lmao

So if it's the  North's "turn" to rule, but the best person for the job is from the South, y'all just go with the northerner!!!!!

@No@atheism and bluetooth, rotational presidency is not in the constituition, the PDP made it up on their own. It's supposed to be 8 year intervals, which means that the incumbent will win reelection no matte,r what in order to abide by the "rule".

AND STOP REFERING TO IBB AS A FORMER "MILITARY PRESIDENT", THERE IS NO SUCH THING. I digress, grin

@mekusxyz. SERIOUSLY?!!!! YOU BELIEVE THAT CRAP?
Re: Kalu: I Spoke With Yaradua Days After They Said He Died: Rumour Worse Than Lie by trueword: 6:51am On Jan 12, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Interesting CLAIM made there! So, you are saying, Yar adua would not talk to

a) Jonathan,

b) Akunyili,

c) Bankole,

d) David Mark

. . . . . You get the point,

but he has no problems talking to Kalu?? undecided

Exactly.

These people trying to pool the wool over our eyes, but we not gonna fall for it. I will not believe that Yar'Adua is alive until we see a live video or a video of him from past few days.
Re: Kalu: I Spoke With Yaradua Days After They Said He Died: Rumour Worse Than Lie by Kobojunkie: 6:57am On Jan 12, 2010
trueword:

Exactly.

These people trying to pool the wool over our eyes, but we not gonna fall for it. I will not believe that Yar'Adua is alive until we see a live video or a video of him from past few days.

Dude, speak for yourself! Speak for yourself oooooo!!!!, speak for yourself!!!!   embarassed embarassed

Apparently, some have already fallen for it ooooo. The poster is a Nigerian oooo!!!! The Poster is a nigerian!!!!  embarassed embarassed embarassed

Do not be SHOCKED please if, after all this, we are back to BUSINESS AS USUAL OOOO!!!!

NA naija we dey discuss oooO!!!

lol

Imagine someone telling you that KALU ORJI would never lie for Yar adua!!! That, in itself is SHOCKING !! roflmao!
Re: Kalu: I Spoke With Yaradua Days After They Said He Died: Rumour Worse Than Lie by sjeezy8: 6:59am On Jan 12, 2010
Mekusxyz:

You are right and we are saying the same thing. We have 6 zones and each must taste the apple before it gets back to those who have already tasted it. After NE  it goes to either SS or SE then NE or NC, and then back to SE or SS.

you make no sense at all

Whos to said that the zones arent entitled to 8 years each before switching?

Since it switches between north and south - some may feel they are entitled to a full 8 years as Obj had.

Some can see it as 8 years NW to (8 years SS or SE) to (8 years NE), then (8 years SS or SE) then (8 years middle belt)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Bluetooth:

Yorubas dont need any tribal unity because if we have it, the snakes within yorubaland will be able to win SW support solely based on them being from the SW.

Imagine it what good are the leaders today in Afenifere and OPC? thank God for Obasanjo,Tinubu and co . . . without them Yoruba people would be following the same OPC,Afenifere  that terrorize the SW today.

Those who were solely for yoruba people like Awolowo and Pa Adensanya are gone the leaders in Afenifere and OPC today are fraudsters, only trying to keep being relevant based on tribe because they have no substance that can reach across tribal lines.
Re: Kalu: I Spoke With Yaradua Days After They Said He Died: Rumour Worse Than Lie by bkbaybe99: 7:14am On Jan 12, 2010
From wut I. Understand this Ibori is ibo. The Attorney General of Nigeria is ibo (I think) yet they are the biggest praise singers of your invinsible president! All I'm saying is in the future do not twist the truth and blame the yorubas for one of you's (jonathan) inability to pick up the presidency as your lot are the ones presently working feverishly against him!!!
Re: Kalu: I Spoke With Yaradua Days After They Said He Died: Rumour Worse Than Lie by sjeezy8: 7:15am On Jan 12, 2010
^^^^ lol they arent ibo theyre from the SS
Re: Kalu: I Spoke With Yaradua Days After They Said He Died: Rumour Worse Than Lie by THEAMAKA(f): 7:32am On Jan 12, 2010
*enters thread*

bk_baybe99:

From wut I. Understand this Ibori is ibo. The Attorney General of  Nigeria is ibo (I think) yet they are the biggest praise singers of your invinsible president! All I'm saying is in the future do not twist the truth and blame the yorubas for one of you's (jonathan) inability to pick up the presidency as your lot are the ones presently working feverishly against him!!!
[size=25pt]BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!![/size]

*exits thread*
Re: Kalu: I Spoke With Yaradua Days After They Said He Died: Rumour Worse Than Lie by trueword: 7:39am On Jan 12, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Dude, speak for yourself! Speak for yourself oooooo!!!!, speak for yourself!!!!   embarassed embarassed

Apparently, some have already fallen for it ooooo. The poster is a Nigerian oooo!!!! The Poster is a nigerian!!!!  embarassed embarassed embarassed

Do not be SHOCKED please if, after all this, we are back to BUSINESS AS USUAL OOOO!!!!

NA naija we dey discuss oooO!!!

lol

Imagine someone telling you that KALU ORJI would never lie for Yar adua!!! That, in itself is SHOCKING !! roflmao!

I have always been wondering this.  It would be a shame that we go back to status quo after all these events. It would then  mean that we are not all that really dedicated to changing the situation in the country.  Hopefully this is not the case.

When I think about all the action of these politicians I always wonder if they have anything close to a conscious.
Re: Kalu: I Spoke With Yaradua Days After They Said He Died: Rumour Worse Than Lie by metalgong5(m): 10:31am On Jan 12, 2010
bk_baybe99:

From wut I. Understand this Ibori is ibo. The[i] Attorney General of Nigeria is ibo[/i] (I think) yet they are the biggest praise singers of your invinsible president! All I'm saying is in the future do not twist the truth and blame the yorubas for one of you's (jonathan) inability to pick up the presidency as your lot are the ones presently working feverishly against him!!!
What is this Akata bas.tard doing here? That your mother's booty mate is a Nigerian does not give you the prerogative to be displaying your ignorance on Nairaland.
Re: Kalu: I Spoke With Yaradua Days After They Said He Died: Rumour Worse Than Lie by ReachRich(m): 10:49am On Jan 12, 2010
I think i believe Kalu on this issue. I heard the Presidents voice on BBC TV this mornig though the voice sounds frail and weak.There was this his characteristic caughing while speaking which i have observered from the president while speaking.
Re: Kalu: I Spoke With Yaradua Days After They Said He Died: Rumour Worse Than Lie by 8words(m): 1:18pm On Jan 12, 2010
madam re-branding is not the country is travelled to US to meet her family
Re: Kalu: I Spoke With Yaradua Days After They Said He Died: Rumour Worse Than Lie by largie(f): 3:01pm On Jan 12, 2010
IMO,if yaradua is still alive good for him and his family.His present state of health can't help with the pressure of the office he occupies.Aso rock is not his family house.The last time i checked his family house is somewhere in katsina.For God's Sake let him return there so he would have enough time to fully recover and enjoy life with his grandkids.Thank God Turai married them off 'properly".
We've had enough of wasting the nations money on what we dont need.All his medical expenses am sure are not out of his pocket.Some rural areas that were not touched by late Maryam's BLP would have been more than grateful to make good use of such funds.
All these clowns in the name of politicians should just goand sit down
Re: Kalu: I Spoke With Yaradua Days After They Said He Died: Rumour Worse Than Lie by enigmatic: 3:05pm On Jan 12, 2010
i dont believe orji uzor kalu, u cant take him seriouly. he has always want to be noticed. i am not sayin the man is dead but orji has lied several times before. remember what he said about ohakim that he has been feeding his family for more than 25 years
Re: Kalu: I Spoke With Yaradua Days After They Said He Died: Rumour Worse Than Lie by bkbaybe99: 3:26pm On Jan 12, 2010
Mentalgong, no matter how hard u try I"ll neva let u suck my D*-ick , u gay! Get off my nuts!
Re: Kalu: I Spoke With Yaradua Days After They Said He Died: Rumour Worse Than Lie by sammyzacks(m): 4:49pm On Jan 12, 2010
I dont belive you!
Re: Kalu: I Spoke With Yaradua Days After They Said He Died: Rumour Worse Than Lie by Mekusxyz: 6:39pm On Jan 12, 2010
sjeezy8:

you make no sense at all

Whos to said that the zones arent entitled to 8 years each before switching?

Since it switches between north and south - some may feel they are entitled to a full 8 years as Obj had.

Some can see it as 8 years NW to (8 years SS or SE) to (8 years NE), then (8 years SS or SE) then (8 years middle belt)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yorubas dont need any tribal unity because if we have it, the snakes within yorubaland will be able to win SW support solely based on them being from the SW.

Imagine it what good are the leaders today in Afenifere and OPC? thank God for Obasanjo,Tinubu and co . . . without them Yoruba people would be following the same OPC,Afenifere that terrorize the SW today.

Those who were solely for yoruba people like Awolowo and Pa Adensanya are gone the leaders in Afenifere and OPC today are fraudsters, only trying to keep being relevant based on tribe because they have no substance that can reach across tribal lines.

Fo-ol. It is always 8 years for each region. The North will have it till 2015. Then the SS or SE then North again and then SE or SS. 8 years each.
Re: Kalu: I Spoke With Yaradua Days After They Said He Died: Rumour Worse Than Lie by Mekusxyz: 6:42pm On Jan 12, 2010
~Bluetooth:

I believe some region will sell their right to SW later on

Just like some region sold theirs to others, including selling MKO to the highest bidders, and eventually supporting OBJ (''Northern SW candidate'') in favor of Falae (their real candidate).
Re: Kalu: I Spoke With Yaradua Days After They Said He Died: Rumour Worse Than Lie by ichommy(m): 3:15pm On Jan 13, 2010
This Kalu sef angry
Re: Kalu: I Spoke With Yaradua Days After They Said He Died: Rumour Worse Than Lie by mystikal(m): 3:21pm On Jan 13, 2010
who still takes Kalu serious?
Re: Kalu: I Spoke With Yaradua Days After They Said He Died: Rumour Worse Than Lie by mubaraqqq(f): 3:22pm On Jan 13, 2010
Mekusxyz:

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/news/article01//indexn2_html?pdate=120110&ptitle=Govt denies Yar'Adua's death, pressure mounts

The presidential spokesman added that he travelled to Angola with the permission of President Yar'Adua. "I am here officially. But I am coming back home, hopefully tomorrow, because he has so directed," Adeniyi said.

We are in a Crisis and this idiot travels to Angola. Must he travel to Angola?

(1) (2) (Reply)

. T. A. Orji Speaking To The Press In Abuja On 18000 Wage And Sacking None Abian / Oyakhilome-owned Superscreen Television Workers Protest 7 Month Unpaid Salary / Meet The Man Who Looks Exactly Like Ojukwu-pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.