Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,563 members, 7,812,822 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:01 PM

WAEC Certificate: Buhari Files Appeal Against Ruling Dismissing His Objection - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / WAEC Certificate: Buhari Files Appeal Against Ruling Dismissing His Objection (2768 Views)

“No Law Requires Me To Produce My Certificate” - Buhari To Tribunal / Disqualification Judgement: Ademola Adeleke Files Appeal / Edo Tribunal: Obaseki Files Appeal At The Supreme Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

WAEC Certificate: Buhari Files Appeal Against Ruling Dismissing His Objection by davidotokiblog1(m): 8:27pm On May 14, 2017
President Muhammadu Buhari has appealed the ruling of Justice Adeniyi Ademola of the Federal High Court in Abuja who on May 26, 2016 dismissed his preliminary objection in a suit filed by an Abuja-based legal practitioner, Mr. Nnamdi Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe.

Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe had alleged that Buhari was unqualified to aspire to the Office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria because he did not sit for the Cambridge West African School Certificate WASC) in 1961 as he claimed.

When the suit came up on May 26, Buhari in his preliminary objection challenged the mode of service of the originating summons on him, insisting that he ought to have been served at an address in Kaduna instead of by substituted means at the national secretariat of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Abuja.

However, Justice Ademola, in his ruling, had held that it was incompetent and upheld the service of the originating court processes on Buhari.
The judge held that the service of the court’s processes on the president through the secretariat of the APC was proper.

The court was satisfied that if it was served on a senior officer of the APC at the national headquarters, it would be brought to Buhari’s attention.

Dissatisfied with this ruling, Buhari through his legal team filed a notice of appeal at the Court of Appeal, Abuja Judicial Division on seven grounds of appeal.

The president’s legal team, which endorsed the notice of appeal, is led by Chief Wole Olanipekun (SAN).

Others are Mr. Lateef O. Fagbemi (SAN), Chief Akin Olujinmi (SAN), Oluwarotimi O. Akeredolu (SAN), Kola Awodein (SAN), Prof. Taiwo Osipitan (SAN), Charles Edosomwan (SAN), Emeka Ngige (SAN), Femi Atoyebi (SAN), Femi Falana (SAN), Funke Aboyade (SAN), H.O. Afolabi (SAN), Muiz Banire (SAN), and 10 other counsel.

When contacted on the phone, the plaintiff, Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe said the president has the constitutional right of appeal and was within his rights to exercise it particularly since he had not yet submitted a defence to the substantive action and had filed nothing in defence of the merits of the case.

READ THE FULL NEWS BY CLINKING THE LINK: https://davidotokiblog..com.ng/2017/05/waec-certificate-buhari-files-appeal.html

Re: WAEC Certificate: Buhari Files Appeal Against Ruling Dismissing His Objection by smartty68(m): 8:30pm On May 14, 2017
N
Re: WAEC Certificate: Buhari Files Appeal Against Ruling Dismissing His Objection by Nobody: 8:41pm On May 14, 2017
ok
Re: WAEC Certificate: Buhari Files Appeal Against Ruling Dismissing His Objection by johnbuck81(m): 8:46pm On May 14, 2017
Pls let him be... he has Nepa bill to present to inec for the next election..that's if he'll want to run.

3 Likes

Re: WAEC Certificate: Buhari Files Appeal Against Ruling Dismissing His Objection by slivertongue: 8:52pm On May 14, 2017
to the best of my knowledge Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe has withdrawen this case. but if the case is still in court i think it is most proper to withdraw it, we already know the truth. Moreover GMB's concern is his health and not WAEC certificate

1 Like

Re: WAEC Certificate: Buhari Files Appeal Against Ruling Dismissing His Objection by Aicebaba: 9:38pm On May 14, 2017
slivertongue:
to the best of my knowledge Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe has withdrawen this case. but if the case is still in court i think it is most proper to withdraw it, we already know the truth. Moreover GMB's concern is his health and not WAEC certificate

Please what is the Truth?

2 Likes

Re: WAEC Certificate: Buhari Files Appeal Against Ruling Dismissing His Objection by slivertongue: 9:45pm On May 14, 2017
Aicebaba:

Please what is the Truth?
Never sat for WAEC

18 Likes

Re: WAEC Certificate: Buhari Files Appeal Against Ruling Dismissing His Objection by Aicebaba: 10:39pm On May 14, 2017
[quote author=slivertongue post=56524510]

Never sat for WAEC[/quotue]

Lol...the case must continue till the end..That's how to stamp out corruption.

12 Likes

Re: WAEC Certificate: Buhari Files Appeal Against Ruling Dismissing His Objection by Aicebaba: 10:39pm On May 14, 2017
[quote author=slivertongue post=56524510]

Never sat for WAEC[/quotue]

Lol...the case must continue till the end..That's how to stamp out corruption.

2 Likes

Re: WAEC Certificate: Buhari Files Appeal Against Ruling Dismissing His Objection by Cekpo34(m): 11:08pm On May 14, 2017
slivertongue:

Never sat for WAEC

Or maybe the judge will receive another pecuniary gift of 500k grin

8 Likes

Re: WAEC Certificate: Buhari Files Appeal Against Ruling Dismissing His Objection by SalamRushdie: 11:14pm On May 14, 2017
Buhari is clearly a very dishonest man ..

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: WAEC Certificate: Buhari Files Appeal Against Ruling Dismissing His Objection by obyrich(m): 2:20am On May 15, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Buhari is clearly a very dishonest man ..
And a dangerous one too. I am not praying for him because I know God is already on his case.

12 Likes

Re: WAEC Certificate: Buhari Files Appeal Against Ruling Dismissing His Objection by paramakina202: 2:27am On May 15, 2017
See as Yoruba SANS line up to defend absolute corruption.SMH.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: WAEC Certificate: Buhari Files Appeal Against Ruling Dismissing His Objection by Naijaguy12345(m): 2:33am On May 15, 2017
paramakina202:
That explains why we Igbo are behind in Nigeria politics, always calling names yet they are way better than us.

Re: WAEC Certificate: Buhari Files Appeal Against Ruling Dismissing His Objection by paramakina202: 2:35am On May 15, 2017
Naijaguy12345:
That explains why we Igbo are behind.

Taaa mechie onu nsi!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: WAEC Certificate: Buhari Files Appeal Against Ruling Dismissing His Objection by Naijaguy12345(m): 2:41am On May 15, 2017
paramakina202:

Taaa mechie onu nsi!
NZUZU
Re: WAEC Certificate: Buhari Files Appeal Against Ruling Dismissing His Objection by paramakina202: 2:45am On May 15, 2017
Naijaguy12345:
égbè eluigwe ọkụ ị

Are you a robot or chinese toy assembled in Oshogbo? grin

5 Likes

Re: WAEC Certificate: Buhari Files Appeal Against Ruling Dismissing His Objection by tonytony208(m): 2:47am On May 15, 2017
johnbuck81:
Pls let him be... he has Nepa bill to present to inec for the next election..that's if he'll want to run.

So you are glad that the guy running your destiny for about 8 years only has NEPA bill as his certificate?

8 Likes

Re: WAEC Certificate: Buhari Files Appeal Against Ruling Dismissing His Objection by tonytony208(m): 2:50am On May 15, 2017
paramakina202:

If you chose not to be blinded by bigotry, you will realise that it was a Yoruba judge that overrule buhari's application.
Re: WAEC Certificate: Buhari Files Appeal Against Ruling Dismissing His Objection by paramakina202: 3:05am On May 15, 2017
tonytony208:

If you chose not to be blinded by bigotry, you will realise that it was a Yoruba judge that overrule buhari's application.

That still does not overule the fact that Buhari hired Yoruba SANS to defend corruption, it is a statement of fact and not bigotry.
After defending fantastically corrupt Buhari that lied under oath at the courts you will turn around and accuse Igbos of supporting corrupt individuals.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: WAEC Certificate: Buhari Files Appeal Against Ruling Dismissing His Objection by Iamwrath: 5:19am On May 15, 2017
First y'all said he died , now you are saying he's filing an appeal ?
Re: WAEC Certificate: Buhari Files Appeal Against Ruling Dismissing His Objection by saintgp(m): 6:34am On May 15, 2017
Going by Mr president's action,its glaring that he has got no wasc certificate.i mean wetin concern where u received court notification order with providing ur certificate?

But wait o,i counted about 12SANs,why all that SANs...chai tax payers money have suffer.

5 Likes

Re: WAEC Certificate: Buhari Files Appeal Against Ruling Dismissing His Objection by blackpanda: 6:47am On May 15, 2017
Stupid people just full this nsiraland nowadays.

Our school system has failed many blocked brains. How will somebody become president of a country twice without academic qualification Dumb asses

The truth is Jonathan, his corrupt handlers with the help of well compensated thieving army generals went to hide buharis certificates thinking they will be able to blackmail or disqualify him. Unfortunately, whom God has blessed, no living being can curse!
Re: WAEC Certificate: Buhari Files Appeal Against Ruling Dismissing His Objection by rozayx5(m): 6:56am On May 15, 2017
blackpanda:

Our school system has failed many blocked brains. How will somebody become president of a country twice without academic qualification Dumb asses

The truth is Jonathan, his corrupt handlers with the help of well compensated thieving army generals went to hide buharis certificates thinking they will be able to blackmail or disqualify him. Unfortunately, whom God has blessed, no living being can curse!

lol another BMC bot

if blessing entails living in a hospital

i dont want it

11 Likes

Re: WAEC Certificate: Buhari Files Appeal Against Ruling Dismissing His Objection by blackpanda: 7:32am On May 15, 2017
rozayx5:

lol another BMC bot

if blessing entails living in a hospital

i dont want it

Pathetic frustrated nothing
Get a life!
Buhari has made President, even if he dies now u will never get to his level!!
Re: WAEC Certificate: Buhari Files Appeal Against Ruling Dismissing His Objection by rozayx5(m): 7:41am On May 15, 2017
blackpanda:

Pathetic frustrated nothing
Get a life!
Buhari has made President, even if he dies now u will never get to his level!!

whats so exciting about being a president of a failed state?

is that your dream in life?

well its not mine, and i dont envy him either

10 Likes

Re: WAEC Certificate: Buhari Files Appeal Against Ruling Dismissing His Objection by blackpanda: 7:54am On May 15, 2017
rozayx5:

whats so exciting about being a president of a failed state?

is that your dream in life?

well its not mine, and i dont envy him either

Well that stay out of his business since you have no ambition in life
Re: WAEC Certificate: Buhari Files Appeal Against Ruling Dismissing His Objection by SalamRushdie: 7:59am On May 15, 2017
blackpanda:

I beg your pardon you are the failed brain here ..Are you aware that the first time Buhari became president through an illegal coup plot meaning he forced his way into power betraying the constitution using weapons and soldiers paid for by taxpayers ...And for his second stint as president if he has waec certificate why is it taking him so long to provide it even when he is now president ..My friend that man is a dishonest man that has no WAEC cert

10 Likes

Re: WAEC Certificate: Buhari Files Appeal Against Ruling Dismissing His Objection by blackpanda: 8:07am On May 15, 2017
SalamRushdie:

I beg your pardon you are the failed brain here ..Are you aware that the first time Buhari became president through an illegal coup plot meaning he forced his way into power betraying the constitution using weapons and soldiers paid for by taxpayers ...And for his second stint as president if he has waec certificate why is it taking him so long to provide it even when he is now president ..My friend that man is a dishonest man that has no WAEC cert

No actually u are the one with a failed destiny here.
Keep looking for whom to blame for ur frustrations in life!

Let us even say he has no certificate. They one that claim to have PhD, was he not a monumental failure?? Even described as an ineffectual buffoon by international press. Rubbish!!
Re: WAEC Certificate: Buhari Files Appeal Against Ruling Dismissing His Objection by Zenithpeak(m): 8:10am On May 15, 2017
blackpanda:

You can not defend buhari without paying with your credibility.

10 Likes

Re: WAEC Certificate: Buhari Files Appeal Against Ruling Dismissing His Objection by blackpanda: 8:12am On May 15, 2017
Zenithpeak:

You can not defend buhari without paying with your credibility.

You are just full of hate and bias. Buhari is not your problem. You are your own problem!

1 Like

Re: WAEC Certificate: Buhari Files Appeal Against Ruling Dismissing His Objection by Mujaheeeden: 8:14am On May 15, 2017
blackpanda:

No actually u are the one with a failed destiny here.
Keep looking for whom to blame for ur frustrations in life!

Let us even say he has no certificate. They one that claim to have PhD, was he not a monumental failure?? Even described as an ineffectual buffoon by international press. Rubbish!!
seriously you sound so hollow that you should have kept quiet instead of this crass display of ignorance

9 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Just Committed A Huge Blunder In Abia State! / President Buhari Caught On Camera With Bunch Of Newspaper Enroute United Nation / Magu Has Been Sacked And Replaced Wt Abdulraman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.