Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,100 members, 7,818,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Always Attend Lectures A Must Read!!! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Always Attend Lectures A Must Read!!! (14969 Views)

University Students Will Have To Wear Face Masks In All Lectures From September / Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members / 6 Reasons Why You Should Always Attend Lectures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Always Attend Lectures A Must Read!!! by ORIJIN201(m): 10:10am On May 15, 2017
i could remember i wrote jamb for 5 years and i got admission on the 5th year.
I will have to admit, i am the kind of person who hates reading till date, infact i hate reading. But i will advice you not to, pls don't hate it for your own sake!

When i was in primary school i was a dark horse, people taught it was because i was attending a private school. when my family was in financial crisis, my dad moved me to a public school in lagos. My first term i got a 2nd position, followed by a 3rd position in my second and followed by 1st in my third.
Excellent was ingrained on my testimonial leaving at the end of my primary 6.

when i got into secondary school, i was referred to as an average student sitting between the dull and the brilliant student. i always sat at the back to avoid teachers attention little did i know i was doing myself lol, i always almost didn't gain anything in class. My first waec i had a F9 in english, did GCE thesame year i still failed English with a D7, before i got a C5 the following year in English. I was a science student.

When i got into the higher institution things changed, i saw the mad race people were running for good grades. But i had a goal, what was it? Get a minimum of 2,1. I didn't mind not so brilliant of a person i was but i knew one thing, I was smart.

I attended classes when others didn't, i realised that attending classes and always sitting in the front row, i would gain everything the lecturer said. I didnt have to read books, i discovered myself. I realised i didn't have to read for long periods to pass. All i did was recieve lectures and understand as much possible i could when i got home, all i had to do was take my bath, eat and go through what i had learnt in 10mins per course then go to bed. I mean 10mins a course. During tests i played all through and sat for my test and got good marks.

During exam periods i didn't read for an hour per course. when the results came out my GP was hanging on a 3.16, my school uses 4.0 as max CGPA. Did thesame thing in the second semester my CGPA became 3.23. in my second year.

I had financial issues and didn't attend lectures regularly, when results came out, i had dropped below 3.23 CGPA but still remain within the CGPA of 3.

This is the semester i read the most because i was missing class. Then i realised that no matter how long i read if i had missed classes i wouldn't understand what i read because i was not in class. Come to think of it, If you could read your way through school without lecturers, why are the lectures there to give you lectures? If you are the reading type pls still attend lectures...what is the point of reading and not understanding? why do you think a firm will employ a graduate with 2,1 that understood what he/she did while in school over a 1st class cramming machine? there are no 2 ways about it!

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Always Attend Lectures A Must Read!!! by Kpeshi10(m): 10:21am On May 15, 2017
FTC ön FP tins......Nice 1 OP, rili inspirational... Same here, only dis semester i became a regular lecture attending student.
Re: Always Attend Lectures A Must Read!!! by ORIJIN201(m): 10:30am On May 15, 2017
Kpeshi10:
Nice 1 OP, rili inspirational... Same here, only dis semester dat i became a regular lecture attending student.
People think learning is thesame as cramming.
Cc olawalebabs, Fynestboi, Richiez epp me get this piece to the promise land o...grin

1 Like

Re: Always Attend Lectures A Must Read!!! by ORIJIN201(m): 2:41pm On May 15, 2017
mods is this not better than the jagajaga threads about artistes that hit fp in a millisecond after they are created? sad sad
Cc lalasticlala mynd44, olawalebabs, Fynestboi, Richiez

3 Likes

Re: Always Attend Lectures A Must Read!!! by ShankiBets: 2:53pm On May 15, 2017
I can sort my lecturers with money so what's the need

7 Likes

Re: Always Attend Lectures A Must Read!!! by maximunimpact(m): 2:53pm On May 15, 2017
It looks like cyber attackers have targeted Nigerian computers. My friend that works in a very big firm said all computers are frozen.
Re: Always Attend Lectures A Must Read!!! by Beejay1117(m): 2:53pm On May 15, 2017
Nairaland moderators! !!
Who has bewitched you?

op please change your topic to snake
Re: Always Attend Lectures A Must Read!!! by information1: 2:53pm On May 15, 2017
Re: Always Attend Lectures A Must Read!!! by chynie: 2:54pm On May 15, 2017
so I should fry egg or what

2 Likes

Re: Always Attend Lectures A Must Read!!! by RealDannie(m): 2:54pm On May 15, 2017
So true!

There are some things you'll grasp and never forget when demonstrated in class compared to when you read on your own.

Nice1 Op!

2 Likes

Re: Always Attend Lectures A Must Read!!! by TheMainMan: 2:55pm On May 15, 2017
efficient management of time is key to all...

and

do what works for u...

6 Likes

Re: Always Attend Lectures A Must Read!!! by Nobody: 2:55pm On May 15, 2017
Life
Re: Always Attend Lectures A Must Read!!! by ruffhandu: 2:56pm On May 15, 2017
Not for NAS members.

Some are Non Academic Students on campus

2 Likes

Re: Always Attend Lectures A Must Read!!! by Thisis2raw(m): 2:58pm On May 15, 2017
100% true Op
Re: Always Attend Lectures A Must Read!!! by ekensi01: 2:58pm On May 15, 2017
Make i take a nap here. coolMake i take a nap here.
Re: Always Attend Lectures A Must Read!!! by hezy4real01(m): 2:59pm On May 15, 2017
Good one OP..... UniLag girls no go read this one Ooooooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Always Attend Lectures A Must Read!!! by Thisis2raw(m): 3:00pm On May 15, 2017
100% true Op

I have promised myself already.. . Next semester I must attend lectures

2 Likes

Re: Always Attend Lectures A Must Read!!! by WhistleB(m): 3:00pm On May 15, 2017
That was my downfall from 2008 to 2012 and I just took JAMB again. I will heed now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Always Attend Lectures A Must Read!!! by jejemanito: 3:01pm On May 15, 2017
Attend class and be actively active in listening and taking down bullet points wink

1 Like

Re: Always Attend Lectures A Must Read!!! by AgbenuAnna(f): 3:01pm On May 15, 2017
I attend lectures often but I still miss some how will someone be fixing class by 6 and you get there by 5:55 no seat?

The truth is attending lectures makes it easier to understand notes

1 Like

Re: Always Attend Lectures A Must Read!!! by tuoyoojo(m): 3:02pm On May 15, 2017
different strokes for different folks

when i was in school i was attending lectures and copying my notes but i was just an average Joe.

my friends who were not, were doing relatively well. i had to ask for the secret

there was this particular student who was the class "copier", no matter how boring the lecture was , h would make an interesting note out of it.

as an icing to the cake, when he goes home he would read and add additional stuff to it.

voila!!!

from the day i knew of this trick, i could miss classes as i wanted to

i only have to be there to sign the attendance!

1 Like

Re: Always Attend Lectures A Must Read!!! by Profkomolafe(m): 3:02pm On May 15, 2017
cool Op is really on point. This same method gave me strong upper credit during my polytechnic days...
Re: Always Attend Lectures A Must Read!!! by abachaphilo(m): 3:02pm On May 15, 2017
how can u expect to pass exam when you dont attend lectures that how corruption starts from school to society
Re: Always Attend Lectures A Must Read!!! by LEERICIST(m): 3:02pm On May 15, 2017
I thought it was only me o. OP thank you
Re: Always Attend Lectures A Must Read!!! by Laveda(f): 3:03pm On May 15, 2017
ORIJIN201:
i could remember i wrote jamb for 5 years and i got admission on the 5th year.
I will have to admit, i am the kind of person who hates reading till date, infact i hate reading. But i will advice you not to, pls don't hate it for your own sake!

When i was in primary school i was a dark horse, people taught it was because i was attending a private school. when my family was in financial crisis, my dad moved me to a public school in lagos. My first term i got a 2nd position, followed by a 3rd position in my second and followed by 1st in my third.
Excellent was ingrained on my testimonial leaving at the end of my primary 6.

when i got into secondary school, i was referred to as an average student sitting between the dull and the brilliant student. i always sat at the back to avoid teachers attention little did i know i was doing myself lol, i always almost didn't gain anything in class. My first waec i had a F9 in english, did GCE thesame year i still failed English with a D7, before i got a C5 the following year in English. I was a science student.

When i got into the higher institution things changed, i saw the mad race people were running for good grades. But i had a goal, what was it? Get a minimum of 2,1. I didn't mind not so brilliant of a person i was but i knew one thing, I was smart.

I attended classes when others didn't, i realised that attending classes and always sitting in the front row, i would gain everything the lecturer said. I didnt have to read books, i discovered myself. I realised i didn't have to read for long periods to pass. All i did was recieve lectures and understand as much possible i could when i got home, all i had to do was take my bath, eat and go through what i had learnt in 10mins per course then go to bed. I mean 10mins a course. During tests i played all through and sat for my test and got good marks.

During exam periods i didn't read for an hour per course. when the results came out my GP was hanging on a 3.16, my school uses 4.0 as max CGPA. Did thesame thing in the second semester my CGPA became 3.23. in my second year.

I had financial issues and didn't attend lectures regularly, when results came out, i had dropped below 3.23 CGPA but still remain within the CGPA of 3.

This is the semester i read the most because i was missing class. Then i realised that no matter how long i read if i had missed classes i wouldn't understand what i read because i was not in class. Come to think of it, If you could read your way through school without lecturers, why are the lectures there to give you lectures? If you are the reading type pls still attend lectures...what is the point of reading and not understanding? why do you think a firm will employ a graduate with 2,1 that understood what he/she did while in school over a 1st class cramming machine? there are no 2 ways about it!
I love this!

I try not to miss my lectures, very important.. Nice one dear

1 Like

Re: Always Attend Lectures A Must Read!!! by Infernoe: 3:03pm On May 15, 2017
Ok
Re: Always Attend Lectures A Must Read!!! by kpaofame: 3:04pm On May 15, 2017
maximunimpact:
It looks like cyber attackers have targeted Nigerian computers. My friend that works in a very big firm said all computers are frozen.

Not just Nigeria...But is raises serious concerns, got alerted this morning by my friend also...

Keyword: Ransomware

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Federal Polytechnic Nekede: Aptitude Test Result Released: / The Decay In Nigeria's Public Educational System; A Case Study Of UniAbuja / The State Of Deterioration In Our Schools In Borno State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.