Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,377 members, 7,815,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

Nigeria's External Reserve Hits $4b Gain, Highest In 12 Months - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's External Reserve Hits $4b Gain, Highest In 12 Months (12822 Views)

Nigerian External Reserve Hits $43b / Nigeria’s External Reserve Hits $46bn – CBN / Breaking: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserve Hits $42.8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's External Reserve Hits $4b Gain, Highest In 12 Months by Jameynden: 11:13am On May 15, 2017
sad sad sad

Re: Nigeria's External Reserve Hits $4b Gain, Highest In 12 Months by DKJaleel: 11:14am On May 15, 2017
This scenario under this administration is like someone who is physically hungry and famished but keeps boasting of how his account balance is growing..

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's External Reserve Hits $4b Gain, Highest In 12 Months by Mentorkaryhm(m): 11:16am On May 15, 2017
we keep saving and getting hungrier. the money that will be embezzled by some looters.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's External Reserve Hits $4b Gain, Highest In 12 Months by emmyblow: 11:16am On May 15, 2017
Long story , this administration are just confused.
Re: Nigeria's External Reserve Hits $4b Gain, Highest In 12 Months by Eazybay(m): 11:17am On May 15, 2017
GavelSlam:

That material was soiled, stained and torn.

He's doing a great job washing it, cleaning it but he needs to mend it as well.

He spent d 1st quarter of this yr in and out of hospital, how on earth did he do dis great job? What kinda delusion is dis?

Even Lagos/Ibadan expressway dat dey commissioned is still INCOMPLETE..
Pls tell me sth this man has done.
Oh, he renovated Abuja runway.
Re: Nigeria's External Reserve Hits $4b Gain, Highest In 12 Months by Oblang(m): 11:17am On May 15, 2017
Igboesika:
We always hear good news in Buhari's absence.

Na today u don dey hear abt external reserve growing?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's External Reserve Hits $4b Gain, Highest In 12 Months by Zdoh(m): 11:19am On May 15, 2017
BRING ALL YOUR FUNDS

Payoneer

Paypal

Skrill

Bitcoin

Neteller for instant exchange to
Naira...instant payment guarantee.

Fiverr, Upwork, Freelancer and iwriter withdrawal services available @attractive rate

ZIDOHEXCHANGE
Call/Whatsap....08088759163
Re: Nigeria's External Reserve Hits $4b Gain, Highest In 12 Months by Turaki4Presiden: 11:22am On May 15, 2017
In the absence of no achievement and poverty ravaging the country,I am not surprise to see poltical jobbers singing the praise of a man who has remain the most incompetent among those that has ever been in charge of Nigerian. Imagine an Australian singing the praises of Malcolm Thumble for a marginal increase in external reserves.
Let us check the breakdown of funds going into this reserve and you will realize it is fund from same sources Buhari met on ground. I want to know the new source created by this propaganda laden government,that is funding the external reserve
Re: Nigeria's External Reserve Hits $4b Gain, Highest In 12 Months by Oblang(m): 11:22am On May 15, 2017
Eazybay:

You blame someone who embarked on large scale development and infrastructure and hail someone with a bloated budget, no subsidy, increased tax, excessive debt profile, double digit inflation and zero infrastructure.

In fact you don't even know how d news would help anybody but u just had to hail d 'effectual one' in London?

Please d ppl who call ur ilk zombies, do u think dey are wrong? If dey are, ur post actually justifies their claim I think

U mean he's blaming the one who developed all the federal roads in the yeastern side plus the 2nd Niger bridge...
Re: Nigeria's External Reserve Hits $4b Gain, Highest In 12 Months by Iamwrath: 11:22am On May 15, 2017
Don't you have a country to develop Oh yee Bad belly ?
sanpipita:
Zombies will come here to self-service meanwhile cost of living keeps raising
Re: Nigeria's External Reserve Hits $4b Gain, Highest In 12 Months by Eazybay(m): 11:26am On May 15, 2017
Oblang:

U mean he's blaming the one who developed all the federal roads in the yeastern side plus the 2nd Niger bridge...

You had to bring region into this? I'm an easterner? I talked bout works. If u gat nothing contrary just sit back and enjoy d

Phantom ogoni cleanup
2nd Niger bridge (cont)
Lagos-Cal rail
New refinery
Improved educational system
Cheap fuel
Agricultural boom
Security

And all other goodies buhari offers

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's External Reserve Hits $4b Gain, Highest In 12 Months by idris4r83(m): 11:32am On May 15, 2017
simplemach:
Osinbade has started again o,
Meanwhile the absent Boss will surely frown at any improvement that will be recorded in his absence. Make Osi.. better take care o
so ridiculous! Is osinbade in pdp?
Re: Nigeria's External Reserve Hits $4b Gain, Highest In 12 Months by Nafizzey(m): 11:34am On May 15, 2017
omenkaLives:
Despite the hostile environment we find ourselves at the international oil market.. Back then When we were selling at an average of $100pb, our foreign reserve still kept depleting..

Don't know how this is gonna have an immediate positive impact on the people, nonetheless, this is good news I suppose.
Good development. But we keep complaining of lack of money to fund the Budget meanwhile our reserve is increasing.. Can't we take money from Reserve and inject into the economy?

Pls explain.
Re: Nigeria's External Reserve Hits $4b Gain, Highest In 12 Months by obailala(m): 11:39am On May 15, 2017
Nafizzey:
Good development. But we keep complaining of lack of money to fund the Budget meanwhile our reserve is increasing.. Can't we take money from Reserve and inject into the economy?

Pls explain.
Take the money out of the reserves, and the dollar jumps to N700 or even N1000. There's a specific reason a country (which depends largely on importation) needs sufficient funds in its external reserves.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's External Reserve Hits $4b Gain, Highest In 12 Months by chloride6: 11:43am On May 15, 2017
Is it just me or was this article very poorly written?
Re: Nigeria's External Reserve Hits $4b Gain, Highest In 12 Months by obailala(m): 11:46am On May 15, 2017
Sezua:
i Just noticed that the most achievements of this administration are only written on paper or heard in news. No tangible evidence to show for whatever achievements this administration claims to have done.
The problem started on paper before it hits the man on the street. Likewise, the solution will start on paper before hitting the lad on the streets.
Re: Nigeria's External Reserve Hits $4b Gain, Highest In 12 Months by Nafizzey(m): 11:47am On May 15, 2017
obailala:
Take the money out of the reserves, and the dollar jumps to N700 or even N1000. There's a specific reason a country (which depends largely on importation) needs sufficient funds in its external reserves.
At bolded so as to strength naira against Dollar I guess? Thank you
Re: Nigeria's External Reserve Hits $4b Gain, Highest In 12 Months by shotin(m): 11:50am On May 15, 2017
Abeg make FG just give me $100,000 out of the external reserve since the money belong to all of us... cool cool
Re: Nigeria's External Reserve Hits $4b Gain, Highest In 12 Months by obailala(m): 11:55am On May 15, 2017
Nafizzey:
At bolded so as to strength naira against Dollar I guess? Thank you
Actually the funds in the reserves is to facilitate importation, and remember we import everything in Nigeria from the very food we eat to almost 100% of the energy (petroleum products) we use. If the funds in the reserves drop too low, the CBN begins to restrict the amount it distributes into the economy, and when the amount of forex in circulation reduces, the cost of buying it goes up (which is exactly what Nigeria has been suffering from for 2 years now). So yeah you are right, the funds in the reserves is necessary to strengthen (and balance the strength) of the Naira.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's External Reserve Hits $4b Gain, Highest In 12 Months by luvinhubby(m): 12:01pm On May 15, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
May God Bless Buhari!

Laurestar, i hail you oo!!
Re: Nigeria's External Reserve Hits $4b Gain, Highest In 12 Months by greatiyk4u(m): 12:14pm On May 15, 2017
Sealeddeal:
The gods of the land will continue to punish Buhari.
Godwin Emefiele is doing well at CBN. Thump up to him.

Frustration causes high BP and Cancer

Take Note
Re: Nigeria's External Reserve Hits $4b Gain, Highest In 12 Months by GoodGovernance: 1:07pm On May 15, 2017
Nonsense is when you continually quote the wrong information in order to make it right.

The volume of transactions at the official forex market which put the dollar @ N315,is far more than that at the illegal black market rate.Yet economic saboteurs would continue to mislead the gullible public and quote the black market rate as the driver of the economy.

The volume of transactions at the official market when compared to that at the black market,is about 90% to 10%.

undecided

Re: Nigeria's External Reserve Hits $4b Gain, Highest In 12 Months by 7lives: 1:51pm On May 15, 2017
obailala:

People like you give me hope in this country.
Can you imagine those who spent 75% of their income on clubbing and weekend parties, saying we should deplete the external reserve to make provision for their excesses?.
Most Nigerians are actually educated fools, money on their minds but nothing in those blocks they call heads.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's External Reserve Hits $4b Gain, Highest In 12 Months by sshalom(m): 2:00pm On May 15, 2017
Good news to start the week with instead of Boko Haram, Fulani Herdsmen and corruption things!
Re: Nigeria's External Reserve Hits $4b Gain, Highest In 12 Months by BetaThings: 3:20pm On May 15, 2017
Eazybay:

You blame someone who embarked on large scale development and infrastructure

List the Jonathan's large scale infrastructure projects
and also tell us how much he made from privatisation?
Re: Nigeria's External Reserve Hits $4b Gain, Highest In 12 Months by MasterChen: 5:15pm On May 15, 2017
omenkaLives:
Despite the hostile environment we find ourselves at the international oil market.. Back then When we were selling at an average of $100pb, our foreign reserve still kept depleting..

Don't know how this is gonna have an immediate positive impact on the people, nonetheless, this is good news I suppose.

I didn't even know you're back lol. Welcome back....

Re: Nigeria's External Reserve Hits $4b Gain, Highest In 12 Months by omenkaLives(m): 6:26pm On May 15, 2017
MasterChen:

I didn't even know you're back lol. Welcome back....
Boss! This your niccur is one morrafucking OG! grin grin

Dem bloodklat been throw me behind bars for pummelling some Potopoto Republican o. Did my time and now I'm back. grin

Just look at the shiit I was sent away for.. How does that amount to insulting one's religion? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's External Reserve Hits $4b Gain, Highest In 12 Months by MasterChen: 6:30pm On May 15, 2017
omenkaLives:
Boss! This your niccur is one morrafucking OG! grin grin

Dem bloodklat been throw me behind bars for pummelling some Potopoto Republican o. Did my time and now I'm back. grin

Just look at the shiit I was sent away for.. How does that amount to insulting one's religion? cheesy

Lool..that guy. His matter is for another day

I've gotten banned for asking if someone is from Potopoto republic. Before then, I got banned for calling someone kolomental. Last 2 weeks, I got banned for calling one toma.kint character a mumuular.

Him go dey alright

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

IKEDC Estimated Bill: We Travelled For Christmas, Yet We Were Still Billed. / Fayose, APC Lawmakers Hold Closed-door Meeting In Akure / Plateau Reinstates 24-Hour Curfew After Looting Of COVID-19 Palliative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.