Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,890 members, 7,863,044 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 10:53 AM

Are Sub-saharan Africans Intellectually Inferior To Other Races? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Sub-saharan Africans Intellectually Inferior To Other Races? (19983 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: "African Leaders Are Intellectually Bankrupt" / If Adam And Eve Were First Humans How Did Other Races Come About / New Atheists Are Not Intellectually Bright, Philosophers Agree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Sub-saharan Africans Intellectually Inferior To Other Races? by KingEbukaNaija: 2:23pm On May 17, 2017
dalaman:

My brother, I am not saying that there aren't black inventors. What I am saying is that we haven't displayed their level of ingenuity and creativity.

Aren't inventions proofs of creativity and ingenuity ?

1 Like

Re: Are Sub-saharan Africans Intellectually Inferior To Other Races? by TheEminentLaity: 2:35pm On May 17, 2017
Comments that include the word 'religion' turns you on. Abeg, waka pass
KingEbukaNaija:

You keep blaming religion for your woes while the people who made these remarkable inventions and scientific discoveries and theories were religious and very superstitious . Even few atheists who managed to make discoveries are religious .

The Chinese are very superstitious people yet it didn't preclude them from being at the forefront of industrialization and economical growth .

Steve Jobs was an atheist as well as a Buddhist . Sir Tim Berners-Lee , is an atheist , a founder of the WWW , is a member of Unitarian Universalism seeking spiritual enlightenment .

I still maintain that Nigerian atheists are not intellectually bright people . undecided
Re: Are Sub-saharan Africans Intellectually Inferior To Other Races? by Nobody: 2:37pm On May 17, 2017
TheEminentLaity:
This is a good one. smiley

Interesting.

Yes, it does. Thanks for pointing that out. However, it doesn't necessarily rule out the possibility of genetics for underdevelopment and absence of original sophisticated systems by black africans. Even in Europe, ancient Spain was once the most sophisticated I think, but they are not anymore but from the link I posted on Neanderthal (gone extinct, had larger brains) genes present in those that live outside Africa, still gives credence to that. The study indicates that the african is significantly different from other races.

And you think the greatest, blinding, most sophisticated advances made by one race (or a handful of races) is due to the 1 to 2 percent of Neanderthal present in their gene? I don't accept this thinking. For one, it is not substantiated scientifically. Second, if tables were turned and Africans were the more developed race, your line of reasoning would be that the Homo Sapiens that produced Europeans were "contaminated" by a backward race of Neanderthals and this slowed their intelligence. Africans, instead, are pure.
This sorts of arguments merely prey on the absence of one thing as an indicator for another, deriving from the same logic that blames the witch for the child's death. I don't think that's scientific.

I understand you are looking for explanations. But I said it already. It's all down to nurture. Let's do a thought experiment: if we take the whole Nigerian population and we send them to America, while we send the Americans down to Nigeria, then wait a hundred years. What do you think will happen? Personally, I think in that time, America will most likely become backward, desperate Nigeria, while Nigeria will become the new refreshing, developed America. Just a personal thinking. I say this because, nurture will not arrive from wallowing in the same society that does not recognize its influence. However, if you took only a handful of Nigerians (maybe only 50) and you send them to America for education, perhaps, it is more likely that the environment will nurture them rightly and they would grow into persons of significant character and intelligence. That's what I think. Nurture would play a more significant role in rightly shaping them into more rounded individuals. Some of the Chibok girls who are now studying in America are a very good example. Do you think they would have gotten as much opportunity to be more rounded in Nigeria? Even in that school they were in in Chibok?

Yahoo inventions cheesy I disagree totally. Nigerians are not the best hackers in the world, neither are they the best computer geeks, I believe those require much higher level of intelligence than sending emails about the death of a billionaire chairman. Creation of sophisticated systems is a good indicator very advanced intellect in the world today. If those 'smart' yahoo guys could design and develop say FB they would be into fraud in the first place. And by the way, it's easy for them to be caught by the FBI, it's only a matter of priorities.

I agree it is only a matter of priorities. And I do not even refer to hacking. They don't hack; their level of training simply isn't that phenomenal. I only refer to the schemes they develop in order to cheat people out of their money. Do you agree that it takes more than average intelligence to cheat a supposedly averagely intelligent American out of his hard-earned money?

Oh yeah, so true. This is actually in line with the person that talked about east africans and long sprinting.
I hope you know that the world recorder holder in the women's marathon is the British runner, Paula Radcliffe, and not some eastern African? Isn't that evidence everyone is just as capable?

2 Likes

Re: Are Sub-saharan Africans Intellectually Inferior To Other Races? by KingEbukaNaija: 2:46pm On May 17, 2017
TheEminentLaity:
Comments that include the word 'religion' turns you on. Abeg, waka pass

No . Shallow comments are a huge turn off . If you can't take corrections now , maybe public humiliation would force to .

This is what Richard Dawkins has caused . Nigga needed to sell books and make a name for himself grin . He created a massive cultlike following with the atheist masses . Any rubbish he spews is taken in without scrutiny . He is making cool money off your shallow-mindedness .

When he sees he is now boring the audience he'll revert to Christianity then release a book and make more money . grin . I'm just waiting for this drama to unfold . grin
Re: Are Sub-saharan Africans Intellectually Inferior To Other Races? by TheEminentLaity: 2:47pm On May 17, 2017
You have progressively made good arguments and even spotted inconsistencies within mine. Good one. Nothing much to object here, I do hope we get our intellectual revolution in science education. I certainly downplayed the role of nurture and environment towards intellectual expression, as someone mentioned, ability and expression are different.
sauerr:

I share your sentiments a 100%. I am also repulsed by these religious dogmas and what they have unleashed on a hapless population. I am not religious, neither am I a christian. However, we mustn't forget that 17-18th century Europe was riddled with as much religiousity as the Nigeria of today. Similarly, the belief in witches and transmogrification (more like what currently obtains in Nigeria) thrived without bounds in Europe only a few hundred years ago. Were they then not intelligent at that time? Obviously not. That Nigeria, or maybe the many black countries, suffer today from the consequences of 18th century beliefs is certainly not a testament to the innate unintelligence of the whole mass. We only need look at today's intelligent Europe, which once entertained the exact same beliefs, in order to realize that Nigeria (or perhaps many other black countries) is yet to obtain its illuminating enlightenment. When it does (certainly by education and nurture), the result will no doubt be a revelation that, on the average, the whole mass is not lacking in intelligence.

Now, the big question is, why can't they just simply learn from history and move on gladly beyond these medieval thinking? Again, nurture! What they get in today's schools, universities and persons of authority is certainly not enough (we know how bad they are). Just a little more, and we certainly can get there.

Also, if intelligence does morph over time (to which you agree), who is to say the right kind of enabling environment cannot unleash the intelligence resident in the sub-Saharan African? The intelligence progressively observed with yahoo-yahoo?
I do think it is indeed an over-stretching leap to tie this to genetics. What exactly about genetics? The DNA? What item of genetics? I am only curious. Genetics after all is material.
Re: Are Sub-saharan Africans Intellectually Inferior To Other Races? by TheEminentLaity: 2:56pm On May 17, 2017
Interesting. I like how you illustrated how nurture plays a role. I, prior to this, would have been more inclined to associate Nigerians 'detransforming' the US into a third world country to some biological trait.
sauerr:

And you think the greatest, blinding, most sophisticated advances made by one race (or a handful of races) is due to the 1 to 2 percent of Neanderthal present in their gene? I don't accept this thinking. For one, it is not substantiated scientifically. Second, if tables were turned and Africans were the more developed race, your line of reasoning would be that the Homo Sapiens that produced Europeans were "contaminated" by a backward race of Neanderthals and this slowed their intelligence. Africans, instead, are pure.
This sorts of arguments merely prey on the absence of one thing as an indicator for another, deriving from the same logic that blames the witch for the child's death. I don't think that's scientific.

I understand you are looking for explanations. But I said it already. It's all down to nurture. Let's do a thought experiment: if we take the whole Nigerian population and we send them to America, while we send the Americans down to Nigeria, then wait a hundred years. What do you think will happen? Personally, I think in that time, America will most likely become backward, desperate Nigeria, while Nigeria will become the new refreshing, developed America. Just a personal thinking. I say this because, nurture will not arrive from wallowing in the same society that does not recognize its influence. However, if you took only a handful of Nigerians (maybe only 50) and you send them to America for education, perhaps, it is more likely that the environment will nurture them rightly and they would grow into persons of significant character and intelligence. That's what I think. Nurture would play a more significant role in rightly shaping them into more rounded individuals. Some of the Chibok girls who are now studying in America are a very good example. Do you think they would have gotten as much opportunity to be more rounded in Nigeria? Even in that school they were in in Chibok?

I agree it is only a matter of priorities. And I do not even refer to hacking. They don't hack; their level of training simply isn't that phenomenal. I only refer to the schemes they develop in order to cheat people out of their money. Do you agree that it takes more than average intelligence to cheat a supposedly averagely intelligent American out of his hard-earned money?

I hope you know that the world recorder holder in the women's marathon is the British runner, Paula Radcliffe, and not some eastern African? Isn't that evidence everyone is just as capable?
Re: Are Sub-saharan Africans Intellectually Inferior To Other Races? by Nobody: 2:58pm On May 17, 2017
TheEminentLaity:
You have progressively made good arguments and even spotted inconsistencies within mine. Good one. Nothing much to object here, I do hope we get our intellectual revolution in science education. I certainly downplayed the role of nurture and environment towards intellectual expression, as someone mentioned, ability and expression are different.
I also appreciate your arguments. It doesn't touch an emotional button in me at all, as I understand the perspective you are examining it from. I read through a few of the other responses and could see a lot of people mixing emotions in delivering rebuttals to your positions. I don't think that's pleasant.

It's only natural for the African to wonder why civilization has seemingly left him behind. But in doing that, he should also not forget that he houses within him the chance to change his fortune for the better. The sad thing is that he may not know or may have grown weary from disillusionment. It is left to us to make convincing arguments that he can be just as intelligent as any other human and that through appropriate education and illuminating nurture, he can himself turn his fortune around once and for all.

I look forward to "arguing" with you again smiley

4 Likes

Re: Are Sub-saharan Africans Intellectually Inferior To Other Races? by dalaman: 3:07pm On May 17, 2017
sauerr:

Again, you make the same arguments, but you didn't answer any of my own questions. I asked, "which country is it?". "The white man" is too broad a generalization. And why does the United States score consistently low on pisa scores, but demonstrate the most functioning society on earth? A cursory observation confirms the US has scored consistently lower over the years as more countries (especially Asian ones) up their level of nurture for students.

Now, to you argument. I repeat, intelligence does not end with demonstrating a functioning society, solving your problems, good leadership abilities, etc. It encompasses that and much more, but is strongly determined by anyone's present constitution. That's just the simple truth. A man locked up in a prison cell who desires to see sunlight badly will begin conjuring up fantastic means of escape from his cell and may eventually become exhaustively good at it. Of course, provided that his is priority. Another man would simply sleep on in his cell, not minding when his freedom would come. Does this mean that the second man is unable to conjure up escape methods if he puts his mind to it? Don't say "no"; you can't imagine the creativity desperation inspires.

I agree with your assessment that we have not demonstrated the same level of intelligence as these Europeans. That's as far as I go with you. I see no basis for arriving at the conclusion that following this, we are doomed unable to demonstrate the same level of intelligence as Europeans, irrespective of how much we set out mind to it or how much nurture we get while doing that. Like the man who has set his mind to sleep on and not be bothered, we are not attempting to conjure up escape methods. That, however, does not preclude the fact that we can do it if we get an enabling environment. The best teacher in the US gets a 1m dollar prize; the best teacher in Nigeria does not get anything close of one tenth of that. Doesn't that say something?

Let's come to an agreement. Can we be able to achieve what the Europeans have achieved if we put our minds to it. I believe we can. Have we shown that we are as intelligent as they are as things stand. No we haven't.

2 Likes

Re: Are Sub-saharan Africans Intellectually Inferior To Other Races? by dalaman: 3:11pm On May 17, 2017
KingEbukaNaija:

Aren't inventions proofs of creativity and ingenuity ?

It is, but at what level? Compare ours with theirs na.
Re: Are Sub-saharan Africans Intellectually Inferior To Other Races? by Nobody: 3:19pm On May 17, 2017
TheEminentLaity:
Interesting. I like how you illustrated how nurture plays a role. I, prior to this, would have been more inclined to associate Nigerians 'detransforming' the US into a third world country to some biological trait.
It's really mostly true. I have a friend who would vilify a gay person to no end and only stop short of killing him/her while he was in Nigeria. I, on the other hand, often advised him to demonstrate tolerance. He traveled to Germany and after spending only three years encountering many more gay persons that he would have met in a lifetime in Nigeria, he reversed his position and began showing the smoothest tolerance of them you can ever imagine. If this isn't nurture opening a brother's mind, I don't know what else is?

Caveat: If you are not tolerant of LGBTs, I can understand if this arguments doesn't hit home smiley

1 Like

Re: Are Sub-saharan Africans Intellectually Inferior To Other Races? by Nobody: 3:20pm On May 17, 2017
dalaman:

Let's come to an agreement. Can we be able to achieve what the Europeans have achieved if we put our minds to it. I believe we can. Have we shown that we are as intelligent as they are as things stand. No we haven't.
Yes I definitely agree to this!
Re: Are Sub-saharan Africans Intellectually Inferior To Other Races? by KingEbukaNaija: 3:30pm On May 17, 2017
dalaman:

It is, but at what level? Compare ours with theirs na.

IBM , Microsoft Inc , Apple , HP - all these tech giants have blacks working for them . Big companies that make outstanding inventions are multiracial . You wanted to know if blacks made inventions , I provided evidence they did . What else do you want ? Wealth ? The richest man who ever lived is a black man from Mali .

Most of these inventions you think are from the whites are actually as a result of collective efforts involving people of different races , attributing it to just one race - the Caucasian - is due to inferiority complex . Black people as well as people from other races excel in the areas of science and technology . Black people even dominate in some areas like sports .

1 Like

Re: Are Sub-saharan Africans Intellectually Inferior To Other Races? by TheEminentLaity: 3:40pm On May 17, 2017
Many times exposure enlightens. I hold no prejudices against them. They are human beings and I know quite a few. It's really shameful that Nigeria passed a law to criminalise them with long prison sentence yet rape cases, domestic violence, and pedophilia have options of fine and short sentences. Talk about priorities. I often ask people, to pause for a second and ask themselves, why do you hate these people? It's either 'god hates it' or some other religious or cultural reason.
sauerr:

It's really mostly true. I have a friend who would vilify a gay person and only stop short of killing him/her while he was in Nigeria. I, on the other hand, often advised him to demonstrate tolerance. He traveled to Germany and after spending only three years encountering many more gay persons that he would have met in a lifetime in Nigeria, he reversed his position and began showing the smoothest tolerance of them you can ever imagine. If this isn't nurture opening a brother's mind, I don't know what else is?

Caveat: If you are not tolerant of LGBTs, I can understand if this arguments doesn't hit home smiley

1 Like

Re: Are Sub-saharan Africans Intellectually Inferior To Other Races? by dalaman: 3:43pm On May 17, 2017
KingEbukaNaija:

IBM , Microsoft Inc , Apple , HP - all these tech giants have blacks working in them . Big companies that make outstanding inventions are multiracial . You wanted to know if blacks made inventions , I provided evidence they did . What else do you want ? Wealth ? The richest man who ever lived is a black man from Mali .

Most of these inventions you think are from the whites are actually as a result of collective efforts involving people of different races , attributing it to just one race - the Caucasian - is due to inferiority complex . Black people as well as people from other races excel in the areas of science and technology . Black people even dominate in some areas like sports .

To say that Africans and Europeans are equally creative is to lie to yourself. Where are the African fortune 500 companies? I have worked in one of the biggest tech companies in Germany so you are yet to provide any convincing argument.

Of course we have our own inventors but they pale when compared to those of the whites period. Name any discovery that the black man has made that is as important as the Internet, the car or the air plane? Why are we not pace setters? Why are we not creating and owing companies like Apple, Google, Walmart, Toyota, Honda, GM, Citizen, Swatch etc.

Why are we not able to organize ourselves and solve our problems as a people? Why are we not able to display the good ledership they've shown? Why can't we create functional societies? Why are we being totally dominated by them? Why are we at the bottom of the food chain a d everybody's foot mat if we are as intelligent as they are? We can't even feed our selves well, yet you are trying to say that we are as intelligent as people that have solved most of their problems.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Sub-saharan Africans Intellectually Inferior To Other Races? by Nobody: 5:36pm On May 17, 2017
Re: Are Sub-saharan Africans Intellectually Inferior To Other Races?

YES
Re: Are Sub-saharan Africans Intellectually Inferior To Other Races? by Nobody: 5:47pm On May 17, 2017
ifenes:

You cannot solve problems like them because our societies( typical African societies) are shaped differently. We are naturally more in tune with nature and preservation of the planet. The white man is all about survival and destruction. I don't think that itself is intelligence. You see the animals, fish sticking to their natural habitat, not because they are less intelligent, but for the fact that they cannot be bothered to be the jack of all trades and masters of none

We know technology is a good thing just as it can also be a huge curse. How has the white man solved his problems so far? Look at world war 1 and 2, these guys almost eliminated themselves due to power sruggles. Was that the right solutions to conflict. Perhaps Africans have learned and realised the need for us to enjoy the planet without causing ourselves unnecessary headaches with technology.

It's been said that the planet itself had been desolated about 6 times with technology. Could we be staying out of it due to a knowledge we ones had? Could that be the reason we rather watch the over- zealous white babies build atomic bombs capable of destroying the planet 4 times? What intelligence comes from having a toxic weapon that can destroy the entire human race.

Intelligence shouldn't be interpreted alone in developing terrific scientific gadget. I think intelligent should be understand the way we could put our minds to work on relevant stuff

How come these so called superior race haven't figured out how to replicate the pyramids built by the ancient ( most likely blacks). The White man is not helping anyone by building technology but instead is making himself a slave to it. Are we better if using a calculator or high developed retentive memory? Time will tell. To me they haven't solved anything.

Of course they had to be organised because they are the ones without resources. The predators are often the ones to carve out means to hunt. What eventually happens to super- predators? Nature makes them go extinct.

What baffles me is how despite all your emotional rantings about how technology isn't really good, and how every advance whites have made isn't really helping anyone, you still choose to reside in their society and benefit from their useless technology and scientific development. Why haven't you migrated to your nature loving Nigerian society so you can participate in all the beautiful expressions of how intune Nigerians are with nature and our remarkable display of planet preservation?

Enough with all this new age bullshit you are fond of spewing all around this forum. What do you mean by Africans are more in tune with their environment and preservation of nature? How did you arrive at this conclusion? Where are the pair reviews and statistical data that substantiate this claim? Is this an excuse you made up or one of your delusional mystical nonsense? Africans are more in tune with preserving our environment, yet if left to us, we'd hunt down every last specie of wild animals. So because we are interested in the preservation of nature that's what has stopped us from building our technology and infrastructure to the point where we could easily create sophisticated weapons? Like is our unique relationship with nature what's preventing is from moving forward in terms of technology? LMFAO.

Look at you claiming that Africans are about preserving their environment and whites are about survival and destruction. If I was the one that made this kind of claim in the reverse, everyone would jump on it and call me racist and all sort of disparaging names, but someone else does it, and he is applauded. Please, how has Africa preserved it's environment in the last 100 years? Is it because we haven't developed to the point where we can produce weapons of mass destruction?

I used to think that kingebukasblog was the most biased and dishonest person to ever engage in debate with, but Ebuka dey learn for where you dey. Jeez! What exactly are you advocating? That all the strides in medicine and health care that has evolved alongside technology, which majority of the world is using, are all useless and pale in comparison with the way we all lived in the ancient times? That the fact that life expectancy has risen evidently in the past 150 years, and mortality rates have reduced drastically, is all nonsense since it was made possible by gains in science and technology, that according to you, was created to destroy all humans?

Mehn, you are just an extremely emotional racist with deep insecurities.

4 Likes

Re: Are Sub-saharan Africans Intellectually Inferior To Other Races? by KingEbukaNaija: 7:19pm On May 17, 2017
dalaman:

To say that Africans and Europeans are equally creative is to lie to yourself. Where are the African fortune 500 companies? I have worked in one of the biggest tech companies in Germany so you are yet to provide any convincing argument.

Of course we have our own inventors but they pale when compared to those of the whites period. Name any discovery that the black man has made that is as important as the Internet, the car or the air plane? Why are we not pace setters? Why are we not creating and owing companies like Apple, Google, Walmart, Toyota, Honda, GM, Citizen, Swatch etc.

Why are we not able to organize ourselves and solve our problems as a people? Why are we not able to display the good ledership they've shown? Why can't we create functional societies? Why are we being totally dominated by them? Why are we at the bottom of the food chain a d everybody's foot mat if we are as intelligent as they are? We can't even feed our selves well, yet you are trying to say that we are as intelligent as people that have solved most of their problems.

I think you are asking the wrong questions and drawing the wrong conclusions . The question should be : since we do excel and dominate in diverse areas in life just like the whites , why haven't we as a race achieved as much as they have ?
Re: Are Sub-saharan Africans Intellectually Inferior To Other Races? by ifenes(m): 7:25pm On May 17, 2017
Trudax:

What baffles me is how despite all your emotional rantings about how technology isn't really good, and how every advance whites have made isn't really helping anyone, you still choose to reside in their society and benefit from their useless technology and scientific development. Why haven't you migrated to your nature loving Nigerian society so you can participate in all the beautiful expressions of how intune Nigerians are with nature and our remarkable display of planet preservation?

Enough with all this new age bullshit you are fond of spewing all around this forum. What do you mean by Africans are more in tune with their environment and preservation of nature? How did you arrive at this conclusion? Where are the pair reviews and statistical data that substantiate this claim? Is this an excuse you made up or one of your delusional mystical nonsense? Africans are more in tune with preserving our environment, yet if left to us, we'd hunt down every last specie of wild animals. So because we are interested in the preservation of nature that's what has stopped us from building our technology and infrastructure to the point where we could easily create sophisticated weapons? Like is our unique relationship with nature what's preventing is from moving forward in terms of technology? LMFAO.

Look at you claiming that Africans are about preserving their environment and whites are about survival and destruction. If I was the one that made this kind of claim in the reverse, everyone would jump on it and call me racist and all sort of disparaging names, but someone else does it, and he is applauded. Please, how has Africa preserved it's environment in the last 100 years? Is it because we haven't developed to the point where we can produce weapons of mass destruction?

I used to think that kingebukasblog was the most biased and dishonest person to ever engage in debate with, but Ebuka dey learn for where you dey. Jeez! What exactly are you advocating? That all the strides in medicine and health care that has evolved alongside technology, which majority of the world is using, are all useless and pale in comparison with the way we all lived in the ancient times? That the fact that life expectancy has risen evidently in the past 150 years, and mortality rates have reduced drastically, is all nonsense since it was made possible by gains in science and technology, that according to you, was created to destroy all humans?

Mehn, you are just an extremely emotional racist with deep insecurities.

I will assume you are referring to yourself. You keep coming up with the word emotional when you are the one looking down on yourself. Insecurity, racism isn't a part of me. You are the one who needs to loveyourself. A self hate human. Your useless thread shouldn't have been given any attention. You don't have to insult people for having different opinion to you. Don't forget you begged people to comment.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Sub-saharan Africans Intellectually Inferior To Other Races? by Nobody: 7:44pm On May 17, 2017
You all can lie to yourselves all you want. You can blame the environment and blame the culture, but isn't the culture and the environment a product of the thinking, easily avoidable mistakes and structural errors of sub-saharan Africans? And I am tired of this whole language game about race. Sub-saharan Africans, the people who currently dominate the parts of western, southern and eastern Africa, are intellectually inferior to people everywhere else, on the average. And the kind of intelligence I am referring to is the ability to think critically and objectively, to decipher complex issues and to reason abstractly. This is my opinion and I'll keep on having this opinion until I find evidence that says otherwise. But right now, I am more than convinced. You all can keep yanning bullshit, until one world power decides to perform a holocaust on black people, then maybe you'll change their mind with your argument that race doesn't exist. Nonsense!

Other parts of the world are progressing at lightening speed, and in meaningful areas, while sub-saharan Africa is regressing in the same speed. If we had as many intelligent people as they had, and at the same statistical average as them, why aren't we progressing as they are? Is information a problem? Anyone can get as much information as he wants today. Why cant we utilize the mountain of information available to move our country forward? Why can't we rule ourselves? How is that so hard to do? Why can't we build sustainable and progressive political structures? Why do we have lots of greedy and unintelligent people in positions of power? Why do we still have a very pious majority, despite how obviously flawed and harmful religious beliefs are? Why are we still mired in this quick sand of tribal bigotry? If we actually had lots of intelligent people, then it would follow that we would be less tribalistic, but the reverse is the case. See, it doesn't take one to be a genius to let go of culturally entrenched prejudices and stereotypes.

It's only when we evaluate a situation with honesty and objectivity, that we can recognize the problems underlying that situation and mitigate them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Sub-saharan Africans Intellectually Inferior To Other Races? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:44pm On May 17, 2017
Trudax:

I used to think that kingebukasblog was the most biased and dishonest person to ever engage in debate with, but Ebuka dey learn for where you dey..

Wow undecided

Dishonest , most biased ? Yet they can't provide evidence to disprove anything I post

smh

2 Likes

Re: Are Sub-saharan Africans Intellectually Inferior To Other Races? by ifenes(m): 8:03pm On May 17, 2017
Trudax:
You all can lie to yourselves all you want. You can blame the environment and blame the culture, but isn't the culture and the environment a product of the thinking, easily avoidable mistakes and structural errors of sub-saharan Africans? And I am tired of this whole language game about race. Sub-saharan Africans, the people who currently dominate the parts of western, southern and eastern Africa, are intellectually inferior to people everywhere else, on the average. And the kind of intelligence I am referring to is the ability to think critically and objectively, to decipher complex issues and to reason abstractly. This is my opinion and I'll keep on having this opinion until I find evidence that says otherwise. But right now, I am more than convinced. You all can keep yanning bullshit, until one world power decides to perform a holocaust on black people, then maybe you'll change their mind with your argument that race doesn't exist. Nonsense!

Other parts of the world are progressing at lightening speed, and in meaningful areas, while sub-saharan Africa is regressing in the same speed. If we had as many intelligent people as they had, and at the same statistical average as them, why aren't we progressing as they are? Is information a problem? Anyone can get as much information as he wants today. Why cant we utilize the mountain of information available to move our country forward? Why can't we rule ourselves? How is that so hard to do? Why can't we build sustainable and progressive political structures? Why do we have lots of greedy and unintelligent people in positions of power? Why do we still have a very pious majority, despite how obviously flawed and harmful religious beliefs are? Why are we still mired in this quick sand of tribal bigotry? If we actually had lots of intelligent people, then it would follow that we would be less tribalistic, but the reverse is the case. See, it doesn't take one to be a genius to let go of culturally entrenched prejudices and stereotypes.

It's only when we evaluate a situation with honesty and objectivity, that we can recognize the problems underlying that situation and mitigate them.

Keep crying and exhibiting self hate. Saying Ebuka and I are less intelligent is totally out of the line. I think this sub Saharas are less intelligent thing is a story about your family. You feel inferior to others and want to make others feel like you. Misery love company.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Sub-saharan Africans Intellectually Inferior To Other Races? by Nobody: 8:03pm On May 17, 2017
ifenes:

I will assume you are referring to yourself. You keep coming up with the word emotional when you are the one looking down on yourself. Insecurity, racism isn't a part of me. You are the one who needs to loveyourself. A self hate human. Your useless thread shouldn't have been given any attention. You don't have to insult people for having different opinion to you. Don't forget you begged people to comment.

Keep lying to yourself that you aren't racist. Lol. You are the one who shouldn't be given attention with all the mystic newage unscientific nonsense you spew on the forum.

I love myself and I consider myself an intelligent person, based on the kind of intelligence I am referring to in this context, which I have ceaslessly reiterated.
The reason why I even thought about this question is because I noticed the enormous contrast between how I reasoned and approached issues and the way majority of the people in Nigeria reasoned and approached issues, despite growing up in the same environment as them.
Re: Are Sub-saharan Africans Intellectually Inferior To Other Races? by Nobody: 8:08pm On May 17, 2017
ifenes:

Keep crying and exhibiting self hate. Saying Ebuka and I are less intelligent is totally out of the line. I think this sub Saharas are less intelligent thing is a story about your family. You feel inferior to others and want to make others feel like you. Misery love company.

Where did I say you and Ebuka are less intelligent? Lol. What family? You are really delusional.

1 Like

Re: Are Sub-saharan Africans Intellectually Inferior To Other Races? by ifenes(m): 8:35pm On May 17, 2017
Trudax:

Where did I say you and Ebuka are less intelligent? Lol. What family? You are really delusional.

You are big liar for saying this. Scroll up a lil and see what you wrote. Talk about me talking about non scientific ideas.....well I'm not subjected to science, and I don't need a bunch of scientists to think for me. Any further talk with you is a waste of my time.

2 Likes

Re: Are Sub-saharan Africans Intellectually Inferior To Other Races? by Nobody: 8:40pm On May 17, 2017
ifenes:
I think your analysis of this guy's psyche is at least very close to the truth. People project unto others their own inner struggles.

Curiously, where I live, they have utter respect for black students. Long gone are the days where black meant stupid good for nothing mandingos. I do not count the number of Lecturers who told me, you people are very intelligent.

Here in Germany, the only high school diploma from a non western country that is accepted by all public universities, is from an african country. They don't even accept chinese high school diplomas unconditionnally. They have to write a test before or attend the "Studienkolleg".

One my best Lecturers was a nigerian. Amidst all the german and american "Dozenten" he was just the best. Students would attend his Lectures hours long, because he is very good. Even though He decided to go and work in another state, the University pleaded that he should travel and teach on saturdays. It was unprecedented, and it may still be.

What is this guy talking about? There are some trolls everywhere, in every country. But Africa is full of resources. Africa faces challenges, but it should never be a reason to be ashamed of yourself or your own people.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Sub-saharan Africans Intellectually Inferior To Other Races? by dalaman: 8:41pm On May 17, 2017
KingEbukaNaija:

I think you are asking the wrong questions and drawing the wrong conclusions . The question should be : since we do excel and dominate in diverse areas in life just like the whites , why haven't we as a race achieved as much as they have ?

Dominate on which intellectual field? Where are out tech companies that attract talents from all over the world? Where are our cutting edge inventions and discoveries that mavel the world? Who are we dominating? Stop dreaming my friend. We still remain at the bottom of the food chain yet you are still spewing all these things. Wake up from your dream my friend.

1 Like

Re: Are Sub-saharan Africans Intellectually Inferior To Other Races? by Nobody: 8:48pm On May 17, 2017
ifenes:

You are big liar for saying this. Scroll up a lil and see what you wrote. Talk about me talking about non scientific ideas.....well I'm not subjected to science, and I don't need a bunch of scientists to think for me. Any further talk with you is a waste of my time.

What I said was that you and Ebuka display dishonesty and biaseness when having arguments. How does this translate to me calling you both unintelligent?

Lol. What does this even mean? That you aren't subjected to science? You see why I say you have a knack for spewing nonsense? Yeah, of course. You don't need "white science" cos you are a racist who hates everything associated with white people, but you still live in their societies and benefit from their science.

Actually, reading your comments is a waste of time cos you always fail to make sense. Both to atheists and theists.
Re: Are Sub-saharan Africans Intellectually Inferior To Other Races? by Born2Freak(f): 8:56pm On May 17, 2017
Even the comments showcase Africans foolishness.

So sad. If you think your race is intellectually inferior to the white man, please kindly take yourself and your family to the jungle and live with monkeys.

As for the rest of us that accept the fact that we blacks/Africans are as intelligent as other races if not for religion and environmental factors, we will continue to progress.

FYI. At my university, the highest scoring first class students have consistently been africans.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Sub-saharan Africans Intellectually Inferior To Other Races? by Nobody: 8:56pm On May 17, 2017
@ all,

Some of you have no idea, how difficult and challenging school is in africa, as compared to Europe or america. An average african student would perform a lot better in Europe ou the US. This is just the plain Truth. I have studied in both systems, and I know what I am talking about. When I used to describe the educational system of my home country (I am not a nigerian) to my lecturers and mates, there were all amazed.

There are top elite universities in american and europe, just because of funding to do research and minimised corruption. Not necessarily because americans are the most intelligent. You can see with institutions in nigeria like Covenant university, which despite the religious bias, with appropriate funding is making its contribution in the field of science among great north american schools unis.

I would not even want to mention the numerous african scientists and researchers, who despite the challenges of african universities came out with excellent publications and sometimes cures to uncurable diseases. Only to see great pharmarceutic groups and other lobbys fighting them and even getting them killed, so as to avoid a crucial strike against their interests.

Africans should stop underestimating themselves. The higher the challenge, the greater the prize. There is nothing wrong about our brains or intellectual abilities.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are Sub-saharan Africans Intellectually Inferior To Other Races? by Nobody: 9:16pm On May 17, 2017
It seems you people have a hard time comprehending what "on the average" means.

Mehn, I am out of here. Keep consoling yourselves all you want with your sentimental, unobjective responses and sharing of likes among yourselves. I am done with this discussion. I reside in Nigeria, most of you don't. Intelligence doesn't only reflect in academic performance, it reflects in the way people think and behave. And majority of Nigerians don't think and behave like intelligent people. This is a fact. And this is why we are lagging behind in development.

Have a nice day or night, or whatever.

1 Like

Re: Are Sub-saharan Africans Intellectually Inferior To Other Races? by Nobody: 9:34pm On May 17, 2017
Trudax:
It seems you people have a hard time comprehending what "on the average" means.
Do you have data, to substantiate this your "on the average" intellectual inferiority claim?

Any publication from peer reviewed serious journal?
Trudax:
I reside in Nigeria, most of you don't.
Is Nigeria or your experience in Nigeria synonymous to "subsaharian africa" ? Any data and evidence to back your claims?

Do/did you also reside in Europe America Asia and Oceania, to be able to make comparison and come up with the conclusion that blacks are inferiors? If yes, do you mind publishing the data of your comparison for public scrutiny?

Trudax:
sharing of likes among yourselves
Nobody here is hunting for likes. You too, got (to my utter schock) much likes in previous posts. Most people did not even pay attention to that or mentioned that. The number of likes one get is not tantamount to objectivity or pertinence. Dont focus on trivial issues.

2 Likes

Re: Are Sub-saharan Africans Intellectually Inferior To Other Races? by neocortex: 9:35pm On May 17, 2017
I see many posters oversimplifying a very complex phenomenon, unless
you want us to believe that the whites miraculously became intelligent in the
17th century, the argument of a superior intelligence is not sound.

As any informed person knows, knowledge is not
created out of vacuum but adapted from previous
knowledge.

Before the renaissance and the industrial revolution, the Europeans were
largely in the dark ages of superstition and they are not different from
every other civilization surrounding them.

The game changer for the Europeans was the translation
of middle eastern and asian scholarly work into Latin, it is at this
point that some thinkers recognised the potential of scientific enquiry,
and put great effort into further research and disseminating knowledge
to the society.

So, two things awakened the Europeans, publicly accessible
knowledge, war and stability.

The romans invaded Britain around the first century, destroyed
much of the country, kill their leaders and installed puppets.
Guess what, the Brits didn't wallow in self pity, they didn't
conclude they were less intelligent due to the romans advanced
technology. Instead, they focus their attention on how to move
forward and 400 years later they rose from the ashes.

This is the attitude people that want to move forward need to
have. Expending energy on racial superiority debate will only lead to
self-fulfilling prophecy.

What baffles me most among blacks that are intellectually
above average in knowledge and exposure is that they often
focus on the wrong questions and draw faulty conclusions.

How does the topic of this thread help anyone ?
Will wallowing in self-condemnation and pity move us forward ?

The right question to ask is "how do we move forward as a people ?"
What sacrifice are we to make ?

Backward-deriving of superior intelligence from modern invention
is a naive approach to this discourse.
Invention of the internet does not prove that USA has superior
intelligence any more than the invention of gun powder by the
chinese, it only shows that America was able to harness its
energy into the invention, any other inference is purely imaginative thinking.

The misconception that the whites found life easy due to their
superior intelligence must be dispelled. If you don’t pay the
price, you can’t reap the reward.

Finally, I see many people conflating creativity and intelligence, they
are different and neither do they depend on each other. Recent
research has shown that threshold intelligence is not required for
creativity.

CC Trudax, dalaman

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

God Can Still Do The Impossible Even At The Eleventh Hour (11th Month November) / Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist / Evangelist Edet: Any Christian Who Celebrates Grammy Winners Will Miss Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.