Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,731 members, 7,844,409 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Are Sub-saharan Africans Intellectually Inferior To Other Races? - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Sub-saharan Africans Intellectually Inferior To Other Races? (19829 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: "African Leaders Are Intellectually Bankrupt" / If Adam And Eve Were First Humans How Did Other Races Come About / New Atheists Are Not Intellectually Bright, Philosophers Agree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Sub-saharan Africans Intellectually Inferior To Other Races? by wisemen045(m): 4:21pm On Jun 21, 2017
TheEminentLaity:
Trudax, don't know if you've seen this but this is a finely written piece by a Nigerian.
http://www.gamji.com/article6000/NEWS7430.htm

A great article. It is simply a summary of this thread.

Hear Baba:

''Geldof's beautiful BBC documentary and book, Geldof in Africa demonstrate African poverty and development challenges. Everybody knows that blacks have peculiar problems. But many blacks are afraid of reality. Instead of looking for help, they prefer self-delusions and excuses. Whether Europe underdeveloped Africa or Africans underdeveloped Africa, as some authors suggest, or that blacks were left plundered, disoriented and confused by their triple heritage, is not our concern here. As blacks, we need to be realistic and dispassionate. Look around the world. Are what you see what blacks deserve? Our attempt here is to suggest why (in a group) blacks are retrogressive and unorganized. I believe Blackman is sensible and intelligent like other humans, but he ceases to display sensible human behaviors (that lead to prosperity and progress) when he forms a group. There is a gap between individuals' and group's learning and growth. Therefore, Africans appear to need higher ratio of improved/educated part of population than other races to be able to gravitate towards a critical mass of individuals necessary to form useful and irreversible characteristics. Otherwise, there may be ‘spur of a moment’ progress that may soon dissipate. This means we should imbibe the culture of learning and education. At same time, we should surrender to the fact that as a group, we have problem. We need help. "Accurate diagnosis", as they say, "is half the cure". I believe it is part of our moral obligation as blacks to discuss and diagnose the so-called blacks' curse and attempt to solve it or invite others to fix us.
''

1 Like

Re: Are Sub-saharan Africans Intellectually Inferior To Other Races? by Michaelnsd: 8:00pm On Jul 17, 2017
Please, who has trudax's number... I miss this guy's highly intellectual way of thinking.
Re: Are Sub-saharan Africans Intellectually Inferior To Other Races? by Michaelnsd: 8:05pm On Jul 17, 2017
So sad, he deactivated his account here on nairaland...please, anyone who has this guy's number should please send to me... Thanks alot
Re: Are Sub-saharan Africans Intellectually Inferior To Other Races? by budaatum: 1:22am On Nov 11, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

There are strong historical evidences for the resurrection of Christ . I'm yet to study them though .
Studied them yet? Seen them even? Show me!
Re: Are Sub-saharan Africans Intellectually Inferior To Other Races? by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 8:07am On Nov 11, 2017
TheEminentLaity:
Trudax, don't know if you've seen this but this is a finely written piece by a Nigerian.
http://www.gamji.com/article6000/NEWS7430.htm

Nice post and thanks for sharing.
It is thought provoking for many reasons : the issues it raises, the issues it fails to address and the evident fallacies and errors in the authors arguments.

1 Like

Re: Are Sub-saharan Africans Intellectually Inferior To Other Races? by urahara(m): 9:09am On Nov 11, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Evidence sir . You should adduce something to prove this claim .

[b]Who said we didn't invent things like the foreigners ? The stupendous pyramids of Egypt which have marveled modern day architects , who built them ? Who developed the plans ? What about the tombs of the Egyptian Pharaohs ? Do you know how [/b]spectacularly designed they are ? Who is enshrouding you seeing from these facts ? Your white friends ? Do you feel inferior to them ? Oh Dalaman angry

Egyptian s are not black.
Re: Are Sub-saharan Africans Intellectually Inferior To Other Races? by urahara(m): 10:50am On Nov 11, 2017
dalaman:

What we need is open mindedness, total disregard for superstition that is deeply embedded in our culture and has become a sacred part of our lives. We need to embrace naturalism and try to understand that all our problems have natural solutions else we will keep wallowing in the cesspool we have created for ouselves.

We are overly religious and that has been a bane, but that doesn't mean that atheism will cure Africa's problem. Atheism might be a very big problem of its own if we all embrace it. Africans just need to be less religious and do away with the superstitious part of their religions the way others have done. That can only be done through the provision of good and quality education.

Others are religious and spiritual but they have been able to grow because they have dropped most of the superstitious aspect of their religion and embraced the natural part. In Europe today most christians do not accept creationism but evolution. Majority of them do not believe in faith healing, only the fringe believe in faith healing. They do not belive in prayers as a solution to anything. They just believe prayers as silent wish not a solution to anything, as such you can not see them praying away their problems like we do always. They have embraced naturalism and they truly believe that all of man's problems must be solved through natural means. No political leader in Europe or America will tell you that diseases are a product punishment of sin and expect to retain his seat. He/she will be forced to resign immediatelybecause such kind of thought and reasoning doesn't agree with the type of people and society they have created.

As black people we simply do NOT understand how the world works. I have European educated friends to PhD level that still reason the same way a stark illetrate will reason when it comes to matters superstition, religion and spirituality. Despite all the knowledge and education, many still believe that some imaginary spiritual forces are against them when misfortune comes their way, many still believe in ritual money, juju and the likes. Things that have stagnated our growth as a people for centuries. Until we change our beliefs and embrace naturalism the way others have by believing that our problems can only be sloved naturally we will continue to remain the way we are.

Gbam
Re: Are Sub-saharan Africans Intellectually Inferior To Other Races? by urahara(m): 7:13am On Nov 01, 2018

But the Blacks outside Africa, on the average, don't score up to Caucasians or Asians, even when Black children are adopted by Caucasian parents in completely different environments.

Can you stop being defensive and engage with my argument? I never said IQ tests are a conclusive test for intelligence, what I said was that it correlates with the aspects of intelligence I used in the caveat I stated in my previous response to you. I will state that caveat again: Although IQ tests aren't the best judge of intelligence, it's results are highly indicative of the learning ability, critical thinking, complex problem solving and abstract reasoning.

I think you need to make more research about IQ tests.

And IQ tests aren't even the bedrock of my argument. I examined sub-saharan Africa's history and its current picture and I found it reflective of an intellectual inferiority to other races and regions. My arguments are in my first two posts. I think you missed it.

God bless you.

Not only sub Saharan Africa. Look at Polynesia , the only developed country in that region is New Zealand and it's run and dominated by whites and the other countries in the region that are run by native Polynesians are nothing to write home about.

Same thing with melanesia.

These races are not black.but they had Stone age civilizations and stone age iqs just like us.

All this is a matter of human races and their iq
Re: Are Sub-saharan Africans Intellectually Inferior To Other Races? by onjeffriv: 2:41pm On Apr 03, 2019
Hundreds of studies have been done on this subject. All with the same results. East Asian IQ level 105, Euro white 100-105, Latin American 80-85 SUBSAHARAN AFRICA 67. That is 3 points below what is considered mentally deficient.. Since these are averages this means a little over 50% of sub-Saharan africans are mentally deficient by world standards. I don't do feel good emotionally thinking. I leave that for the brain dead leftists. Successful people, businesses and countries look at facts then make the correct decisions to improve. Making feel good assumptions is GARBAGE-GARBAGE OUT.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Just How Big Do You Think Bishop Oyedepo's Ministry Is? / Ozubulu Villagers Gather In Front Of Attacked Church To Pray For The Dead.Photos / I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.