Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,808 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:40 PM

"Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says (13959 Views)

N45m Form: INEC Should Penalize Buhari For Violating Electoral Act - PDP Says / 2019: Obasanjo Outlines Major Issues With APC, PDP, Says He’s Not Member Of ADC / APC Convention, A Quit Notice To Fayose & PDP - Says Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:04am On Oct 24, 2018
The national leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party has debunked the rumour making the rounds that the Deputy President of the Senate, Senator Ike Ekweremadu, is planning to leave the party.

Rather, it said there was nothing in the ruling party, the All Progressives Congress, that could attract Ekweremadu into its fold.

Instead of losing members, the PDP said aggrieved members of the APC would defect to the former ruling party soon.

There had been unconfirmed reports that Ekweremadu was planning to defect from the PDP to the APC for allegedly losing the Vice-Presidential ticket of the party to a former Governor of Anambra State, Mr Peter Obi.

Ekweremadu was believed to have positioned himself for the slot, but was said to have been disappointed when the PDP Presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, announced Obi as his running mate for the 2019 presidential election.

As part of the strategy to clinch the VP position, Ekweremadu was also believed to have rallied round delegates from the South-East to vote for Atiku at the party’s national convention held in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, about two weeks ago.

To show his disaffection, Ekweremadu, whose name had already been submitted by the PDP to the Independent National Electoral Commission as a senatorial candidate from Enugu State, was said to be considering leaving the PDP for the APC.

However, the National Publicity Secretary of the party, Mr Kola Ologbondiyan, debunked the rumours, saying Ekweremadu “will never leave the PDP.”

Ologbondiyan said, “Why would someone like the DSP (Deputy Senate President ) consider joining the APC?

“This is a party that the highest court in the land just described as being stupid. Who will leave a rebranded party like the PDP and join such a party that has been described in such a derogatory word?

“Forget the rumour. Dr Ekweremadu is with us and will never join a party like APC that is enmeshed in eternal crisis.”

Asked if the party had met with Ekweremadu to determine if he was actually planning to leave or not, Ologbondiyan said that the “party has a way of holding meetings with its officials and others”, adding that “such meetings are not held on the pages of newspapers.”

https://punchng.com/nothing-in-apc-to-attract-ekweremadu-says-pdp/amp/

7 Likes

Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by Zansu007: 5:12am On Oct 24, 2018
Lols..why are apc trying to penetrate the south east at all cost. Meanwhile there supreme dump leader goof while referring to the zone as 5%.

Seriously buhari is not smart.i guess some of you watch the recent video, the dumb cow was ask a different questions and was busying with confidence answering nonsense.

A collective tasks on my mind.

EOD#

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by Nogodye(m): 5:13am On Oct 24, 2018
What attract Akpabio may attract him as well; The fear of EFCC!

27 Likes

Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by Ikology(m): 5:18am On Oct 24, 2018
I already said it that mischief makers in APC are responsible for spreading this rumour, however why DSP and his goons have refused to debunk it shows that he is not happy about something.

Difecting to APC is not one of his option. Anything close to that will be political suicide.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by pode(m): 5:31am On Oct 24, 2018
Let's watch how this movie is going to end, one good thing about APC when they need any member from PDP they will use EFCC to collect the person

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by thunder74(m): 5:36am On Oct 24, 2018
If he defects to APC, will he still contest as PDP's candidate against APC candidate already submitted to INEC? It will be suicidal to do that now.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by JudasNaCarrot: 5:36am On Oct 24, 2018
The evil party trying so much hard to divide PDP....but e no go work.

We are all Obediently Atikulating how to send the lifeless Dullard back to Daura to tend to his cows.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by jumpandpas(m): 5:45am On Oct 24, 2018
Sainthood anointing from Sai Baber is the only thing that attracts THIEFS to that party.

I said THIEF because all PDP members are thieves according to APC

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by Mynd44: 5:56am On Oct 24, 2018
As much as I don't believe Senaor Ekweremadu intends to decamp, I think for the sake of clarity, this sort of feedback should come from the senator himself else the PDP just sound like they are trying to convince themselves

22 Likes

Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by DonFreshmoney(m): 5:59am On Oct 24, 2018
Okay.. thumbs up Kola

3 Likes

Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by CanineOfJackal: 6:03am On Oct 24, 2018
Nogodye:
What attract Akpabio may attract him as well; The fear of EFCC!
You just confirmed that Efcc corruption fight is witchunt

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by Throwback: 6:04am On Oct 24, 2018
Ikology:
I already said it that mischief makers in APC are responsible for spreading this rumour, however why DSP and his goons have refused to debunk it shows that he is not happy about something.

Difecting to APC is not one of his option. Anything close to that will be political suicide.

I reckon those APC mischief makers have also taped the mouth and cut the hands of the Senator, hence his inability to speak or write his disapproval of such unfounded mischief?

Anyway, he is a nonentity as many of his fellow Igbos have already opined.

9 Likes

Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:05am On Oct 24, 2018
PDP , Hypocritical Torn Umbrella party.

Same people shouting Ekweremadu has no electoral value, same people cunningly reaching out ro him.

If it not for freedom of assistant, I would have loved APC to reject Ekweremadu , if he ever sought their membership.

6 Likes

Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by tuniski: 6:07am On Oct 24, 2018
The apc ranters won't like this. It is curious why any cocky apc/buhari's fan will suddenly be interested in PDP 'ipob/corrupt' politicians as they claim.
Anyway, #Atikunation tsunami is beginning of their panic!

#BuhariToDaura2019 irreversible.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by nzeobi(m): 6:09am On Oct 24, 2018
APC focus on your party members.

Ekweremmadu one of the Criterias for the the VP slot was sound knowledge of the economy and in this case Peter is miles ahead of you.
you also have a corruption baggage, there is no way atiku will be battling his own and you going to court for your corruption cases.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by kahal29: 6:11am On Oct 24, 2018
Ekweremadu should speak for himself and not the party. This was how PDP dismissed Akpabio's own till it materialized. This news has been trending since last week yet no word from Ekweremadu. Something is fishy!!

8 Likes

Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by Nobody: 6:12am On Oct 24, 2018
But why can't they let him talk by himself, why are they taking on his behalf? At least his eyes and ears are open and can hear all the rumours. Though i know, for now, he won't because he is already carrying their nomination form.

7 Likes

Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by kahal29: 6:12am On Oct 24, 2018
Mynd44:
As much as I don't believe Senaor Ekweremadu intends to decamp, I think for the sake of clarity, this sort of feedback should come from the senator himself else the PDP just sound like they are trying to convince themselves

Good

4 Likes

Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by kahal29: 6:14am On Oct 24, 2018
priceaction:
But why can't they let him talk by himself, why are they taking on his behalf? At least his eyes and ears are open and can hear all the rumours. Though i know, for now, he won't because he is already carrying their nomination form.

That is my point. It is the responsibility of Ekweremadu and his media aides to debunk the rumor and not the party PDP.

5 Likes

Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by CilicMarin: 6:18am On Oct 24, 2018
priceaction:

Carrying Nomination means nothing, if he actually wanted to defect. The APC will only need to substitute a name for him to be at the ballot.

3 Likes

Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by BruncleZuma: 6:34am On Oct 24, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by harrisonford001: 6:34am On Oct 24, 2018
Of coz! No money to share grin grin why join such party

1 Like

Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by Gaddafiyusf(m): 6:34am On Oct 24, 2018
Taking panadol for another man headache. Let him debunk the rumors himself

3 Likes

Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by EternalBeing: 6:35am On Oct 24, 2018
Nigeria shall be great again.

Someone you know need this:

2 Likes

Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by israelmao(m): 6:35am On Oct 24, 2018
If he falls for deception of APC then he has made foolish his wisdom.
Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by Nobody: 6:36am On Oct 24, 2018
Apc seems desperate
Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by Ayoswit(f): 6:37am On Oct 24, 2018
Let him go and act as a mole for the PDP.
Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by Nobody: 6:38am On Oct 24, 2018
sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by Olatunji1929: 6:39am On Oct 24, 2018
J

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

9th NASS: APC Chiefs In Game Of Wits / Emeka Martins Chinedu Withdraws The Bill Against Jungle Justice / "Who Will Tell The President?" By Laolu Akande

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.