Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Excited Masquerade Poses With Catholic Priest After Meeting Him On The Road.PICS - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Excited Masquerade Poses With Catholic Priest After Meeting Him On The Road.PICS (64995 Views)

Deity Chief-Priest Shot As SARS Officers Arrest Masquerades In Anambra (Photos) / A Nigerian Masquerade Entertaining People With A Priest in Europe / Any Man Who Sleeps With Ooni's Ex-Queen Will Die If Not Cleansed - Ifa Priest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Excited Masquerade Poses With Catholic Priest After Meeting Him On The Road.PICS by kingdenny(m): 10:02pm On May 15, 2017
Mementoes:
This is an ecumenical aberration.

'Light' can NOT be found posing with 'darkness'. It is against the modus operandi of the church. Can this same priest preach departure from idolatrous tradition to these people?
And who told you culture and tradition represent darkness.
A tribe that loses its culture and tradition has no identity, and is as good as a lost tribe.
Who told u that that u as a Christian represent light... when u engage in immoral and corrupt act... who made u judge over them to labell them darkness... I can see nollywood as brainwashed your brains that you see every thing as darkness and evil ... no be your fault

1 Like

Re: Excited Masquerade Poses With Catholic Priest After Meeting Him On The Road.PICS by Mbariga1: 10:06pm On May 15, 2017
conductor111:

Descendant of a fallen Satan. Don't let this depression drive you into suicide like Awolowlo.
please tell him which one is potopoto again
Re: Excited Masquerade Poses With Catholic Priest After Meeting Him On The Road.PICS by ipobbigot7: 10:15pm On May 15, 2017
Padiga:
So the best way of relating with these people is to segregate them?

That was exactly what the pharisees did.

Deuteronomy 12:2-4
[2]“When you drive out the nations that live there, you must destroy all the places where they worship their gods—high on the mountains, up on the hills, and under every green tree.
[3]Break down their altars and smash their sacred pillars. Burn their Asherah poles and cut down their carved idols. Completely erase the names of their gods!
[4]“Do not worship the lord your God in the way these pagan peoples worship their gods.

2 Corinthians 6:14-17
[14]Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers [do not make mismated alliances with them or come under a different yoke with them, inconsistent with your faith]. For what partnership have right living and right standing with God with iniquity and lawlessness? Or how can light have fellowship with darkness?
[15]What harmony can there be between Christ and Belial [the devil]? Or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever?
[16]What agreement [can there be between] a temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God; even as God said, I will dwell in and with and among them and will walk in and with and among them, and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. [Exod. 25:8; 29:45; Lev. 26:12; Jer. 31:1; Ezek. 37:27.]
[17]So, come out from among [unbelievers], and separate (sever) yourselves from them, says the Lord, and touch not [any] unclean thing; then I will receive you kindly and treat you with favor, [Isa. 52:11.]
Re: Excited Masquerade Poses With Catholic Priest After Meeting Him On The Road.PICS by Nobody: 10:20pm On May 15, 2017
grin I will reply no mentions any further except those absolutely necessary while observing from a distance.

1 Like

Re: Excited Masquerade Poses With Catholic Priest After Meeting Him On The Road.PICS by Deyemith: 10:21pm On May 15, 2017
Do not be of equal yoke with unbelievers...

2 Likes

Re: Excited Masquerade Poses With Catholic Priest After Meeting Him On The Road.PICS by Padiga: 10:23pm On May 15, 2017
ipobbigot7:

[2]“When you drive out the nations that live there, you must destroy all the places where they worship their gods—high on the mountains, up on the hills, and under every green tree.
[3]Break down their altars and smash their sacred pillars. Burn their Asherah poles and cut down their carved idols. Completely erase the names of their gods!
[4]“Do not worship the lord your God in the way these pagan peoples worship their gods.

[14]Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers [do not make mismated alliances with them or come under a different yoke with them, inconsistent with your faith]. For what partnership have right living and right standing with God with iniquity and lawlessness? Or how can light have fellowship with darkness?
[15]What harmony can there be between Christ and Belial [the devil]? Or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever?
[16]What agreement [can there be between] a temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God; even as God said, I will dwell in and with and among them and will walk in and with and among them, and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. [Exod. 25:8; 29:45; Lev. 26:12; Jer. 31:1; Ezek. 37:27.]
[17]So, come out from among [unbelievers], and separate (sever) yourselves from them, says the Lord, and touch not [any] unclean thing; then I will receive you kindly and treat you with favor, [Isa. 52:11.]
The new testament Jesus teaches us to love and respect our neighbors regardless of religion and to convert them in a loving and brotherly manner.

And never to SEGREGATE them.

1 Like

Re: Excited Masquerade Poses With Catholic Priest After Meeting Him On The Road.PICS by ipobbigot7: 10:26pm On May 15, 2017
BrutusOj:
You half baked Bible student who always claim to know more than your teacher. what's Christianity? did Christ eat and dine with sinners or not? was the priest at any shrine with a Chief priest of a shrine? are masquerades gods or pagans? I am sure your church bring barney and father Christmas during festive period, do you also condem that as well?

Just read your comments and see the ignorance you vomited.

You are asking if masquerade is a god (idol) and if it's pagan and you are comparing banny and masquerade.

Chai, i give up because i am having difficulty engaging your intelligence in a conversation especially when you are claiming to know so much but vomiting ignorance. Maybe you should contact your priest in the Catholic to encourage you the and bring all the masquerade in village to the church every Sunday in the place of banny.

1 Like

Re: Excited Masquerade Poses With Catholic Priest After Meeting Him On The Road.PICS by ipobbigot7: 10:37pm On May 15, 2017
Padiga:
The new testament Jesus teaches us to love and respect our neighbors regardless of religion and to convert them in a loving and brotherly manner.

And never to SEGREGATE them.

You are correct on the issue of loving them but not to the point of identifying with their worship patterns so to give them impressions as though nothing is wrong with their worship whereby they never see the need to seek for the real God and his ways.

When he is not in his worship i identify with him as my neighbor and i will accord him every privilege of neighbourhood. But in his worship i leave him to it.

1 Like

Re: Excited Masquerade Poses With Catholic Priest After Meeting Him On The Road.PICS by Governor10: 10:48pm On May 15, 2017
ipobbigot7:

You are correct on the issue of loving them but not to the point of identifying with their worship patterns so to give them impressions as though nothing is wrong with their worship whereby they never see the need to seek for the real God and his ways.

When he is not in his worship i identify with him as my neighbor and i will accord him every privilege of neighbourhood. But in his worship i leave him to it.
omooba969:
One love ❤ keep us together. cool
ipobbigot7:

omooba969:
One love ❤ keep us together. cool
Re: Excited Masquerade Poses With Catholic Priest After Meeting Him On The Road.PICS by Agimor(m): 10:52pm On May 15, 2017
MrAlfa:

Anumanu
Speak English jor
Re: Excited Masquerade Poses With Catholic Priest After Meeting Him On The Road.PICS by Ekiseme(m): 10:52pm On May 15, 2017
Masquarade get levels, this one is like a childs play masquarade, the real mmuo can't do such

Enwere Nnukwu Mmanwu nwee Oti Mkpu.
Re: Excited Masquerade Poses With Catholic Priest After Meeting Him On The Road.PICS by Oselu28(f): 10:55pm On May 15, 2017
Mementoes:

'Light' can NOT be found posing with 'darkness'. It is against the modus operandi of the church. Can this same priest preach departure from idolatrous tradition to these people?

Oga pastor I hail ooooo,na you holy pass. over religious dey worry you,na so una go dey do like say na una write Bible... mind you d catholic church does not condemn good traditions

2 Likes

Re: Excited Masquerade Poses With Catholic Priest After Meeting Him On The Road.PICS by Nobody: 11:00pm On May 15, 2017
Oselu28:

Oga pastor I hail ooooo,na you holy pass. over religious dey worry you,na so una go dey do like say na una write Bible... mind you d catholic church does not condemn good traditions
Oga madam, read the thread on.
Re: Excited Masquerade Poses With Catholic Priest After Meeting Him On The Road.PICS by justkool(m): 11:02pm On May 15, 2017
Dats not a Catholic priest,, Dats an Anglican pastor,, take not Pls..
Re: Excited Masquerade Poses With Catholic Priest After Meeting Him On The Road.PICS by Padiga: 11:05pm On May 15, 2017
ipobbigot7:

we are on the same page then.
Re: Excited Masquerade Poses With Catholic Priest After Meeting Him On The Road.PICS by chiefobdk(m): 11:05pm On May 15, 2017
conductor111:

Descendant of a fallen Satan. Don't let this depression drive you into suicide like Awolowlo.

awolowo on his way to becoming RATAK POISON LEGEND..

1 Like

Re: Excited Masquerade Poses With Catholic Priest After Meeting Him On The Road.PICS by NaijaBlend: 11:11pm On May 15, 2017
Ndi ara ma ibe ha!

Mad know their mates!
Re: Excited Masquerade Poses With Catholic Priest After Meeting Him On The Road.PICS by vatiqan(m): 11:17pm On May 15, 2017
Mementoes:

you dey speak english abi? gerrout from here, mehn! go and read about 'the church and inculturation'.
Re: Excited Masquerade Poses With Catholic Priest After Meeting Him On The Road.PICS by Nobody: 11:23pm On May 15, 2017
vatiqan:

you dey speak english abi? gerrout from here, mehn! go and read about 'the church and inculturation'.
Lol. Patience is indeed a virtue.
Re: Excited Masquerade Poses With Catholic Priest After Meeting Him On The Road.PICS by Matthew4sure(m): 11:30pm On May 15, 2017
priest know him he is member in the church abi choir master in the church.
Re: Excited Masquerade Poses With Catholic Priest After Meeting Him On The Road.PICS by Nofuckgiven: 12:10am On May 16, 2017
ipobbigot7:
This definitely took place from the potopoto republic and it's a clear evidence that those biafuro people are not Christians, they are hypocrites using church to cover faces.

The Bible i read says a Christian should not have a romance with idol worshipping, that we should not unequally yoked together with them, because there's no agreement between light and darkness.
Why are you showcasing your blatant stupidity?? When Jesus Christ dined with sinners and said he came for them and not the righteous,what do you think He meant?? Better shut your mouth and go and read your Bible well and stop spreading hate!!
After same you would go to your village and perform traditional rites and festivals even traditional marriage but come here and spew trash!! Hypocrite!
Re: Excited Masquerade Poses With Catholic Priest After Meeting Him On The Road.PICS by Nofuckgiven: 12:15am On May 16, 2017
ipobbigot7:

Jesus’ entire adult life was characterized by a deep concern for the spiritual condition of the nonbeliever. He saw them as desperately lost, and His heart was broken because of that. His compassionate purpose for their well-being was deep-rooted, and He showed this concern specifically in the way He met them where they lived, fed them, taught them, and healed them (Matthew 9:9-11; Mark 1:33-34; 6:30-42; Luke 5:1-11).

The example Jesus set for us is to build relationships with people who don’t know Him. When we meet a person who has not yet experienced God’s saving grace, we are to have the heart of Jesus and extend a helping hand at their point of need. If they are thirsty, we can give them a cup of water; if they’re hungry, we can feed them (Matthew 25:35-40).

Let’s not forget that Jesus came to our rescue when we were lost. So now, out of gratitude and love, we can find opportunities to do what we can to help others who are separated from God. Isolating ourselves from sinners misses the point of sharing the good news of Jesus, and it feeds into a self-righteous attitude.

Nonbelievers are spiritually sick (like we were), and they need saving faith in Jesus. They need His love, forgiveness, mercy, and grace. And it’s important to remember that the only difference between a believer and a nonbeliever is the condition of the heart. He who has a redeemed heart should be broken over the one who has the sin-sick heart. Matthew 9:10-13 reads,

While Jesus was having dinner at Matthew’s house, many tax collectors and ‘sinners’ came and ate with Him and His disciples. When the Pharisees saw this, they asked His disciples, ‘Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and “sinners”?’ On hearing this, Jesus said, ‘It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: “I desire mercy, not sacrifice.” For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.’ ”

We won’t be much good to the spiritually sick, however, if we ignore our own spiritual health. Just like getting enough rest, exercise, and nutritional food will help build strong physical bodies, meditating on God’s Word, praying, and listening to God will strengthen our spiritual lives. It’s equally important to make sure our closest friends are Christians who encourage us in the faith. It matters who we spend most of our time with, because friends can either make us stronger or bring us down (1 Corinthians 15:33).

I think it’s clear that we, in countless ways and opportunities, can and should reach out to non-Christian people. We can show them love by offering them a meal, a job, or friendship, and most importantly, we can introduce them to Jesus, the Savior of our souls.
Re: Excited Masquerade Poses With Catholic Priest After Meeting Him On The Road.PICS by Hoteph(m): 1:46am On May 16, 2017
This happened last Sunday in Awka Anambra State during the Imoawka festival. Those in that pics are neither clergies nor bishops but a mockery to the Catholic church because of the age long problem in Awka concerning the Awka tradition that conflicts with Catholic doctrine and the position of catholic priests and the entire Catholic community in Awka. Chief among them is the Dust to Dust rite performed by Catholic widows during the burial of their deceased husband which is totally against Awka tradition. Awka people see the dust to dust rites as an abomination thus a wife is not supposed to pour sand on his dead husband.

My take on this is whether mama pour sand on papa or not all die be die..simple grin
Re: Excited Masquerade Poses With Catholic Priest After Meeting Him On The Road.PICS by ezewealth(m): 1:48am On May 16, 2017
ipobbigot7:

GOD bless you, plenty plenty
Re: Excited Masquerade Poses With Catholic Priest After Meeting Him On The Road.PICS by toysodja(m): 2:42am On May 16, 2017
Thats the Bishop of Bamenda in Cameroon. He was doing a round of his eclesiatical region!
Re: Excited Masquerade Poses With Catholic Priest After Meeting Him On The Road.PICS by ussy09(m): 2:47am On May 16, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Modern masquerade
Re: Excited Masquerade Poses With Catholic Priest After Meeting Him On The Road.PICS by SUNDICOS(m): 5:34am On May 16, 2017
The man that fathered that father is related to 2face Idibia family (1 love
Re: Excited Masquerade Poses With Catholic Priest After Meeting Him On The Road.PICS by SUNDICOS(m): 5:36am On May 16, 2017
God hugging Satan , Arusi Okija where una de?
Re: Excited Masquerade Poses With Catholic Priest After Meeting Him On The Road.PICS by SUNDICOS(m): 5:39am On May 16, 2017
lekejob:
That's tolerance.

if it is some people now they will be shouting
FCT.

even Rv father de dance ogene
Re: Excited Masquerade Poses With Catholic Priest After Meeting Him On The Road.PICS by dnawah(m): 5:47am On May 16, 2017
dainformant:
This is really nice... When religion meets tradition.. A Catholic priest was shown some love after encountering a masquerade while on a duty in a remote village. The masquerade who appeared to have been overwhelmed with joy -hugged the cleric and even posed for pictures with him...These photos have gone viral online due to the how due to how "uncommon" this is...

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/05/excited-masquerade-poses-with-catholic.html
this fit be one of his member kwa!.
Re: Excited Masquerade Poses With Catholic Priest After Meeting Him On The Road.PICS by Lsofdk(m): 6:41am On May 16, 2017
Mementoes:

Of the church? You're just one of the church goers who possibly doesn't understand the Bible or who doesn't know what it's to be a Christian.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Showcasing Igbo culture / The Afar People (redone) / Throwback Photo Of Ooni Of Ife With The Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.