Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

OTG Cable Not Working Properly, Infinix Hot 4 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / OTG Cable Not Working Properly, Infinix Hot 4 (4567 Views)

The OTG Cable / Please Does Infinix Hot 5 Support Otg Cable? / Help Can't Use OTG Cable On My Tecno L9 Plus. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OTG Cable Not Working Properly, Infinix Hot 4 by srrrr(m): 11:30pm On May 15, 2017
I bought an OTG cable today, Tested it with a Flash drive and it worked. I also used a mouse and it worked too.
The problem now is that I plugged it to another phone (hot 4 lite), but it only charged. It didn't display any usb sign and it did not appear in the storage and usb settings (like the flash drive).
I tried 3 working usb cables in 3 phones (2 hot 4 lite and one Lenovo), but they only charged.
Please, is there a way I can fix this, or is the OTG just half baked.
I'm using an infinix hot 4
Re: OTG Cable Not Working Properly, Infinix Hot 4 by srrrr(m): 9:08am On May 16, 2017
No reply
Re: OTG Cable Not Working Properly, Infinix Hot 4 by Dhurmynick(m): 3:24pm On May 16, 2017
srrrr:
No reply

Put the otg cable in the phone you want to access data from.
Re: OTG Cable Not Working Properly, Infinix Hot 4 by srrrr(m): 8:20pm On May 16, 2017
Dhurmynick:

Put the otg cable in the phone you want to access data from.
I tried it today with a gionee p5, it displayed usb on the p5, but not on my hot 4. Also, it didn't show any additional storage in the file manager and storage in settings in both phones.
I want to try it with a game pad now, I'm so frustrated.
Re: OTG Cable Not Working Properly, Infinix Hot 4 by Androidking: 1:08pm On May 28, 2017
U want to copy file from another phone using otg cable?

I don't know if its possible. If it is I never heard of it.
But y stressing urself with otg phone to phone when u have flashshare which is 20times faster than cable transfer...
Haba
Re: OTG Cable Not Working Properly, Infinix Hot 4 by Nobody: 8:20pm On May 28, 2017
Androidking:
U want to copy file from another phone using otg cable?

I don't know if its possible. If it is I never heard of it.
But y stressing urself with otg phone to phone when u have flashshare which is 20times faster than cable transfer...
Haba
From my experience infinix note is not hardwired to access external USB thru OTG, it's a technical fault of theirs.
Why OTG? You downloaded a movie or any other data on your mobile device, to copy same to a Universal Serial Bus (aka USB) and want to view on a wide screen TV save same. Infinix has failed woefully
Re: OTG Cable Not Working Properly, Infinix Hot 4 by Androidking: 12:54pm On May 29, 2017
indigene:

From my experience infinix note is not hardwired to access external USB thru OTG, it's a technical fault of theirs.
Why OTG? You downloaded a movie or any other data on your mobile device, to copy same to a Universal Serial Bus (aka USB) and want to view on a wide screen TV save same. Infinix has failed woefully

May be that otg cable is not good... And some phones set otg may be for charging only while some are for both changing and USB functions

But the fella above actually wants to use otg to access files from another phone which I don't think its possible

Info nix hot note otg works fine for everything

Gionee M2 its otg is design to charge phones only so.study or device well before u buy
Re: OTG Cable Not Working Properly, Infinix Hot 4 by Ebubemg(m): 1:14pm On May 29, 2017
srrrr:
I bought an OTG cable today, Tested it with a Flash drive and it worked. I also used a mouse and it worked too.
The problem now is that I plugged it to another phone (hot 4 lite), but it only charged. It didn't display any usb sign and it did not appear in the storage and usb settings (like the flash drive).
I tried 3 working usb cables in 3 phones (2 hot 4 lite and one Lenovo), but they only charged.
Please, is there a way I can fix this, or is the OTG just half baked.
I'm using an infinix hot 4
maybe the phone do not support otg

(1) (Reply)

If BBM Was There In Bible Times, Some Posts Would Be Like: / This Is The Latest MTN Plan Called Quick Wind / Hot! See How To Activate Flashlight As Default Notification For Incoming Calls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.