Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

Herdsmen Rape Woman In Edo After Beating Her Husband In Their Farm - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Herdsmen Rape Woman In Edo After Beating Her Husband In Their Farm (25625 Views)

Suspected Herdsmen Rape 72-Year-Old Woman In Ondo / Herdsmen Rape And Kill Two Women In Edo State (Graphic Photos) / Fulani Herdsmen Rape 70-Year-Old Widow To Coma In Ebonyi. Women Protest (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Herdsmen Rape Woman In Edo After Beating Her Husband In Their Farm by zik4ever: 8:03am On May 16, 2017
A married woman (names withheld) was on Sunday raped by suspected herdsmen at a farm at Ubuneke-Ivbiaro community in Owan East local government area.

The woman was said to have been raped after the herdsmen beat up her husband while they were at the farm.

Husband of the raped victim who gave his name as Umoru Agunu said the armed herdsmen that attacked him and raped his wife were six.

According to him, “No sooner had I arrived at my farm with my wife than I saw six armed herdsmen demanding for my phone but when I told them I don’t have any they beat me up mercilessness and took my wife to a distant where she was raped by two of the men. They were also with a young woman who probably is their victim.

A leader in the community, Yakubu Ibrahim, said farmers in the village are living in fear of armed herdsmen who, he stated, have laid siege to the community.

Ibrahim said, “We have been under sieged by the activities of armed men since 2015. They have raped several of our married women, kidnapped and physically assaulted both male and female in the farms and while going and returning from markets.

“Many people have been kidnapped while several people were assaulted. Several millions of Nara have also been paid as ransom. Our people are now living in perpetual fears both in the farm and at home.

“We are agrarian communities known for the production of rice, cassava, cashew, cocoa, plantain, banana, palm oil among others. Since the taking over of the communities by these unknown gunmen it has been very difficult for us to go to farm and markets”, he said

Ibrahim said the Sunday rape incident have been reported to the Divisional Police Officer in Afuze, administrative headquarters of Owan East local government area.

Another community leader, Yusuf Adamu, said some herdsmen who were arrested last year by volunteer vigilante group have been released for lack of evidence.

Head of Owan East Local Government Administration (HOLGA), Akeens Ade-Akhani said the council was aware of the situation in the area.

Akhani said, his administration have been mobilizing men of the Nigeria police as well as vigilantes to Ivbiaro- Auchi road.

He said the security challenges in Ivbiaro, Warrake, Ihievbe and other parts of the local government have been reported to the state government.

“Yes the council is aware of the security situation in Ivbiaro, Warrake and Ihievbe. It is not only peculiar to these areas. Even in Lagos where there is food security management there is kidnapping, raping, stealing among others.

“The council is always mobilizing men of the Nigeria police to Ivbiaro, Warrake and Afuze roads to provide security in those areas. We also empower the council vigilante group with the necessary incentives and manpower to provide security to our people.

“Though I am yet to get the recent attacked on some persons at Ubuneke-Ivbiaro, but the council will not relent in its responsibility to ensure the provision of adequate security across the local government area”, he stated.

Police spokesman, DSP Moses Nkombe, said he was yet to get brief on the incident.

http://thenationonlineng.net/suspected-herdsmen-rape-woman-beating-husband-edo/

Re: Herdsmen Rape Woman In Edo After Beating Her Husband In Their Farm by NothingDoMe: 8:07am On May 16, 2017
I see herdsmen running back to the north when their leader dies. The chief cattle rearer himself must perish for this country to move forward.

95 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Rape Woman In Edo After Beating Her Husband In Their Farm by SIRmanjar(m): 8:08am On May 16, 2017
Hahaha! Can u imagine?Well, Ibos and biafria are the problem we have in Nigeria not fulani herdsmen..

17 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Rape Woman In Edo After Beating Her Husband In Their Farm by Justuceleague2: 8:10am On May 16, 2017
Edo Benin city

If cyber warriors were real shocked

4 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Rape Woman In Edo After Beating Her Husband In Their Farm by NothingDoMe: 8:10am On May 16, 2017
SIRmanjar:
Hahaha! Ibos and biafria is the problem with Nigeria not fulani herdsmen..
Are you very mad? Just a question please. Yes or no answer will do.

86 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Rape Woman In Edo After Beating Her Husband In Their Farm by youngest85(m): 8:12am On May 16, 2017
NothingDoMe:
Are you mad? Note, that's not an insult but a question.

Answer yes or no.

No

14 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Rape Woman In Edo After Beating Her Husband In Their Farm by Mujaheeeden: 8:13am On May 16, 2017
People need to rise up and fight this herdsmen. Fight or die

14 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Rape Woman In Edo After Beating Her Husband In Their Farm by TippyTop(m): 8:15am On May 16, 2017
Speechless at the impunity of these so-called humans.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Rape Woman In Edo After Beating Her Husband In Their Farm by nerodenero: 8:21am On May 16, 2017
You are very wicked. Would you have said this if your sister, cousin or aunt was raped? Next time, keep quiet if you don't have anything reasonable to say.
youngest85:
Make she take heart, she go born fine pikin

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Rape Woman In Edo After Beating Her Husband In Their Farm by SIRmanjar(m): 8:28am On May 16, 2017
NothingDoMe:
Based on your answer, We have excellent treatment facilities at Uselu. Please avail yourself of them.
Fool keep going around fighting innocent people that want to build a peaceful sane country where people do things the right way..
The next hit dem go throw na for your community im go happen,and them go give you betta short sleeve..keep fighting those that have seen that dis country is nothing but a zoo republic,your eye go soon clear.

16 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Rape Woman In Edo After Beating Her Husband In Their Farm by chibabe259(f): 8:39am On May 16, 2017
SIRmanjar:
Hahaha! Can u imagine?Well, Ibos and biafria are the problem we have in Nigeria not fulani herdsmen..

How delusional people can be.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Rape Woman In Edo After Beating Her Husband In Their Farm by SIRmanjar(m): 8:53am On May 16, 2017
chibabe259:

How delusional people can be.

Mttchheeww! Who be dis gel? lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Rape Woman In Edo After Beating Her Husband In Their Farm by mexxmoney: 9:30am On May 16, 2017
SIRmanjar:

They are attacking u because they don't see the irony in ur post. They actually think u ar anti Igbo.

52 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Rape Woman In Edo After Beating Her Husband In Their Farm by mailguy22: 11:06am On May 16, 2017
TippyTop:
Speechless at the impunity of these so-called humans.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Rape Woman In Edo After Beating Her Husband In Their Farm by Nobody: 11:06am On May 16, 2017
terrible

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Rape Woman In Edo After Beating Her Husband In Their Farm by DLondonboiy: 11:06am On May 16, 2017
This is just the beginning...

SaiBaba

Speak against these beast; Dss would come knocking at your door...I pity Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Rape Woman In Edo After Beating Her Husband In Their Farm by ODUBEZE: 11:07am On May 16, 2017
These herdmen are spreading very fast!

DSS will not see them oooook

3 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Rape Woman In Edo After Beating Her Husband In Their Farm by Nobody: 11:07am On May 16, 2017
As usual angry
Re: Herdsmen Rape Woman In Edo After Beating Her Husband In Their Farm by Nobody: 11:07am On May 16, 2017
Oba Ewuare must hear this
Re: Herdsmen Rape Woman In Edo After Beating Her Husband In Their Farm by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:07am On May 16, 2017
zik4ever:

http://thenationonlineng.net/suspected-herdsmen-rape-woman-beating-husband-edo/

Government wey no fit protect him people that one na government

The last time the Easterners defended themselves DSS surfaced! Telling us how the people murdered 2 Fulani herdmen while they close their eyes and ears to their atrocities!

My people form a local vigilante and protect yourselves. You can do it. Stop being afraid of these people, they are humans like yourself!

Its you or them, so choose wisely!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Rape Woman In Edo After Beating Her Husband In Their Farm by Partnerbiz2: 11:08am On May 16, 2017
Haa this is bad
Re: Herdsmen Rape Woman In Edo After Beating Her Husband In Their Farm by annnikky(f): 11:08am On May 16, 2017
NothingDoMe:
I see herdsmen running back to the north when their leader dies. The chief cattle rearer himself must perish for this country to move forward.
Amen undecided

3 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Rape Woman In Edo After Beating Her Husband In Their Farm by chynie: 11:08am On May 16, 2017
SIRmanjar:
I dey tell
we need to do sometin about this biafrians
the fulanis are just reaping the fruit of their land cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Rape Woman In Edo After Beating Her Husband In Their Farm by Pavore9: 11:08am On May 16, 2017
Communities should set up their own vigilante groups and equally armed like those herdsmen, when craze meet craze there is always a rethink as security agencies have given impression​ that those criminals are beyond them.
Re: Herdsmen Rape Woman In Edo After Beating Her Husband In Their Farm by Nobody: 11:09am On May 16, 2017
Community policing is the only panacea to this herdsmen problem.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Housewife Pours Hot Water On Husband`s Apprentice / Police Foil Evans Plan To Escape From Prison / EFCC Arrests 9 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Edo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.