Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,778 members, 7,955,972 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:14 PM

Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) (13685 Views)

Live PICS Of Protest Going On At IKEDC / More Pictures Of Buhari At The Blair House In The US / Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Fhemmmy: 7:10pm On Jan 13, 2010
Now with Jonathan being the head, i would like to see what he would do.
Let us see if there would really be any change at all
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by edoyad(m): 7:18pm On Jan 13, 2010
afemai:

As much as I disagree with Onwan using diatribes on the personalities of Falana and Soyinka and contributors of Nairaland[b] I am in agreement with him when he wrote about their (Soyinka and Falana) motives. Falana made so much money working for Ribadu as EFCC lawyer at the instance of the then AG federation. Lack of patronage from Aondoakaa hence the hatred for the new AG (while not holding brief for Aondoakaa[/b] , Am no fan of ANY public servant in office since Obj to date). Soyinka know how past protests in Nigeria had not given desired results I want to believe that Tpia and I share in the patriotism of Monkeyleg, Gbawe, Londoner, Edoya and others who yearn for a better Nigeria but will agree that having these protests in London, Australia and New York will not change a bit of the ugly Nigeria situation I can only imagine how much of donor agencies’ funds has gone to private pockets, What we need is either a proper electoral reform. We should expend more energy in pushing these electoral reforms that will give us desired leaders those in the civil society know this very well and we have been lobbying for this and results are trickling in gradually (effective election will give desired leaders) only then will we weed out the “comedians” who parade themselves as distinguished and honourable weaklings. If we indeed have a virile national assembly Yar a Dua would have been impeached long ago or we wrestle the leadership through what beaf referred to as a ‘Sovereign National Conference’.

Evenwhen one is bad, it is not beyond them to do good deeds.

Whatever your opinion of these men and their objectives, we cannot deny that there is a gross misaplication of the rules in Nigeria and we just have to start correcting it if we ever intend to be anything as a nation. Our so called leaders have been on a marathon of failure.

☻ajali☺:

@edoyad

Well, I am mostly in the background and observe first of all the things, before I say something. smiley
Of course I have noticed, that something is happen in Nigeria. It seems as you have awoken from a long lethargy.
I am really glad very much about it and hope that this still small snowball will grow to a gigantic avalanche.
Uups, a funny sentence for Nigeria. LOL, but you will know what I mean.

And yes, I have already written the article and not only this. Because of the fact, that the publisher was interested
to give an understanding of Nigeria to his readers he asked me to write more.
And, finally, a 18-sided pamphlet originated about Nigeria and the people. I must confess, I don't handle with the Nigerian leaders in politics and economy very softly. I just always say what is my mind. However, even more warmly and sometimes also more jocularly are the articles about the people in Nigeria, their culture, their peculiarities. Briefly, I have described Nigeria and its people as I see them.

Here of course the pamphlet is written in German, but there is also an issue in English language. If you like to read it, you find it as a PDF to download on my MySpace side (my side is bilingual in German and in English). There I have posted a blog with the heading "Nigeria, bad luck and evil"? grin
You find the link to the website on my profile.

Sie haben diese Datei bereits zu oft gedownloadet.
What's this ?
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by monkeyleg: 7:48pm On Jan 13, 2010
@afemai,

If you have been following my comments, you will note that my own vision lies in Nigerians making the desired change the democratic way. That is if you are so pissed off with what is happening then vote with your feet. It can start by you expressing your displeasure with peaceful protests while making a final statement with a responsible vote and protecting that vote. You also need to make them aware that we are not as stupid as they have always taken us to be.

We need to ask ourselves, what are the options, do nothing and continue complaining post 2011, welll that is what happened in 2007 and I warned people then. Maybe we have to go to such basics as a progressive Nigeria will benefits us all
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by ajalio(f): 10:54pm On Jan 13, 2010
@edoyad

Good question. I have never experienced this. 
It means translated "you have already too often downloadet this file". shocked shocked shocked
It is strange.
Maybe the interest was too big and you weren't the only one. But no that I can't fancy.
Sorry, but I have no explanation of it.
Maybe you try it later once again.
I can send you the file also by mail if you want.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by xammy(m): 11:02pm On Jan 13, 2010
more pix pls - wole soyinka in my new role model
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by mamagee3(f): 11:52pm On Jan 13, 2010
If I were there, that would have turned into a riot. grin grin
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by nethacker(m): 12:29am On Jan 14, 2010
mama-gee:

If I were there, that would have turned into a riot. grin grin
only u ? grin
Well i am still watching
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Kilode1: 1:35am On Jan 14, 2010
afemai:

As much as I disagree with Onwan using diatribes on the personalities of Falana and Soyinka and contributors of Nairaland I am in agreement with him when he wrote about their (Soyinka and Falana) motives. Falana made so much money working for Ribadu as EFCC lawyer at the instance of the then AG federation. Lack of patronage from Aondoakaa hence the hatred for the new AG (while not holding brief for Aondoakaa , Am no fan of ANY public servant in office since Obj to date). Soyinka know how past protests in Nigeria had not given desired results I want to believe that Tpia and I share in the patriotism of Monkeyleg, Gbawe, Londoner, Edoya and others who yearn for a better Nigeria but will agree that having these protests in London, Australia and New York will not change a bit of the ugly Nigeria situation I can only imagine how much of donor agencies’ funds has gone to private pockets, What we need is either a proper electoral reform. We should expend more energy in pushing these electoral reforms that will give us desired leaders those in the civil society know this very well and we have been lobbying for this and results are trickling in gradually (effective election will give desired leaders) only then will we weed out the “comedians” who parade themselves as distinguished and honourable weaklings. If we indeed have a virile national assembly Yar a Dua would have been impeached long ago or we wrestle the leadership through what beaf referred to as a ‘Sovereign National Conference’.

I agree. and may I add that it is also Ok that Falana and Soyinka are out there protesting, and to those who only fight on NL and Facebook, keep doing what you are doing. we need everyones input.

Too many regular folks have been silent in this country for too long. We need more people to talk and speak out about the situation in Nigeria, I do not care if you do it on FB, NL or at your Omugwo. Our country and society needs more of us looking out for all of our own interests. The fear of Mutually Assured "Poke nosing" is a good deterrent :-). Too much Power has been concentrated in the hands of too few people for too long in our society and culture. So speak, write, protest, contest in an election or be an internet warrior, I do not care, just do something.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by jemby: 8:09am On Jan 14, 2010
9ja is just One Home Video that has part 1 and does not have an end
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by bijis: 9:51am On Jan 14, 2010
may allah help those who will help our nation.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Ibomade1: 10:05am On Jan 14, 2010
It is nice to see Wole Soyinka at the centre stage again. Mr President try show face na !!! abeg
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by CGKing(m): 10:56am On Jan 14, 2010
Beautiful, I wish I was there. I pray we dont drop this spirit o. I wished we could have had sharper statements on the placards.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by jemby: 11:27am On Jan 14, 2010
Nigeria is the Only country that does not have a president
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by trustme1: 12:26pm On Jan 14, 2010
yeah, it is really a beautiful sight to behold! Is there any holding in Jos. I want to participate.

for voting, I have never really voted becuz of the belief that even if i do it will not change anything, but this time i will cuz i really love this country and i crave for change.

came across this story in the vanguard (8th jan) newspaper. it read 'NO LIGHT , NO PAYMENT!'
the residents of itire and ikate areas in lagos have decided not to pay PHCN a penny if the don't get the required service (which is of course LIGHT!) since they get light for only 1 hr a day. this has been on for three years now .
the communities usually come together to hold meetings and take decisions. they dont allow a single PHCN official in to tamper with their lines. even phcn recognizes that they are losing millions of naira anually from those communities and they have decided to really look into providing light for them.

we can see the power of coming together. the voice of many.

we can also say with one voice, we will not pay PHCN for they do not render any service (except, maybe, if you use the prepaid meter). why are Nigerians paying the government for services they dont get. I for one, believe that PHCN is one of the highest corrupt bodies we have in Nigeria. they charge you any how and they hardly give you the service required(which is so fundamental to our growth as a nation). that is the highest form of stealing

NAIRALANDERS, WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by oydot1: 1:36pm On Jan 14, 2010
God bless the organizers and participants of the rally.that shows how much you love your father's land smiley
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Beaf: 1:49pm On Jan 14, 2010
[size=14pt]The battle is far from over!
Southerners and progressive Northerners must unite against this evil cabal.
[/size]
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by ajalio(f): 1:55pm On Jan 14, 2010
@beaf

Well spoken!
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by hollandis(f): 2:22pm On Jan 14, 2010
trust_me:

yeah, it is really a beautiful sight to behold! Is there any holding in Jos. I want to participate.

for voting, I have never really voted becuz of the belief that even if i do it will not change anything, but this time i will cuz i really love this country and i crave for change.

came across this story in the vanguard (8th jan) newspaper. it read 'NO LIGHT , NO PAYMENT!'
the residents of itire and ikate areas in lagos have decided not to pay PHCN a penny if the don't get the required service (which is of course LIGHT!) since they get light for only 1 hr a day. this has been on for three years now .
the communities usually come together to hold meetings and take decisions. they dont allow a single PHCN official in to tamper with their lines. even phcn recognizes that they are losing millions of naira anually from those communities and they have decided to really look into providing light for them.

we can see the power of coming together. the voice of many.

we can also say with one voice, we will not pay PHCN for they do not render any service (except, maybe, if you use the prepaid meter). why are Nigerians paying the government for services they dont get. I for one, believe that PHCN is one of the highest corrupt bodies we have in Nigeria. they charge you any how and they hardly give you the service required(which is so fundamental to our growth as a nation). that is the highest form of stealing

NAIRALANDERS, WHAT DO YOU THINK?

There will be an anarchy in the country soon.This is how a revolution starts
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jan 14, 2010
i'm really apy bout d rally cos sometyms i wonder weda our pathetic leaders do not live in d same nigeria were people r living below poverty or dey see n deliberatly allow us 2 suffer or is it dat dey've created a world of dia own.almost all countries of d world has given up on us.i hope dis rally will make a difference. nigerians have thick skin,we endure a lot of hardships n insults ENOUGH IS REALLY ENOUGH
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by adconline(m): 11:40pm On Jan 14, 2010
Just as your name suggests - It takes a monkey to reason like you are doing right now.

Anyways; Ignorance is bliss

u are the ignoramus here. In a country/town where everyone walks about naked, even if you ve got  an Armani suit on, you are still the ignorant one.  U  are also not credible. Folks like Soyinka and Falana are more credible than a nameless person like you.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by victichy: 6:13am On Jan 15, 2010
wooow, That was really funny grin
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by edoyad(m): 7:41am On Jan 15, 2010
@trustme that was a nice story, i believe It's called "strength in numbers". The truth about the matter is anytime people decide to take collective action there will be casualties. The fear of becoming a casualty or "dying for nothing" is what is holding us down, we have to learn that nothing good comes without sacrifice.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Nobody: 8:07am On Jan 15, 2010
black countries will surely be on an equal footing with the developed world someday, if we can just protest well enough.

Somebody say amen and halleluyah.

aluta ferrari

abi na a-loot-er continual
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by edoyad(m): 8:16am On Jan 15, 2010
^ and why doesn't Medussa lead the struggle ?
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by sweet9ja: 4:48pm On Jan 15, 2010
Yar'Adua must not be alowed back to Aso Rock. Nigerians of all walk of life should joing the protest and  continue with it until we see his back. We must take back our country from these thieves and fraudsters that call themselves leaders.
PDP can make whatever (power) arrangementsit like, but PDP is not 9ja. Yar'Adua (and his PDP) has clearly lost the support and goodwill of Nigerians. And hope that men like Anakonda and his cohorts will be call to account for their role one day.
Anambra take note.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by londoner: 2:50am On Jan 16, 2010
Does anyone know if the protest went ahead in London? Was at work today, are there any slated for the future?
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by ajalio(f): 8:50am On Jan 16, 2010
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by 77ken: 11:52am On Jan 16, 2010
Please does the save nigeria group have a website or local chapters this movement needs to be encouraged.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by trueword: 2:04am On Jan 17, 2010
CNN was there at protest. Here is their report in video

http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2010/01/13/purefoy.nigeria.president.health.cnn

in the video Aondoakaa claims there is no constitutional violation and that the protests are just people playing politics.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Revolution: 6:00pm On Jan 17, 2010
More videos of the abuja protests, I like the music, rule us well, govern us well, no de take bribe and Nigeria jaga jaga, everything scatter scatter, poor man de suffer suffer. Very appropriate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYL54ffs4h0
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by ajalio(f): 6:22pm On Jan 17, 2010
Revolution:

More videos of the abuja protests, I like the music, rule us well, govern us well, no de take bribe and Nigeria jaga jaga, everything scatter scatter, poor man de suffer suffer. Very appropriate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYL54ffs4h0

I get creeps if I see and hear this. And this, although Nigeria isn't my homeland.
However, I find it wonderful what happens there now and hopefully doesn't run in the sand.
I would be so glad for Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Police Intercept Nigeria Bound Truckload Of Ammunition / Police Return To APC Headquarters, Warring Leaderships Desert Secretariat / Inspector General Of Police Restores Tambuwal’s Security Aides

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.