Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,299 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) (13162 Views)

Live PICS Of Protest Going On At IKEDC / More Pictures Of Buhari At The Blair House In The US / Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by asha80(m): 11:12pm On Jan 12, 2010
presido1:

Is this a pirate confraternity demo or demo for the libration of Nigeria from the criminal cabal? Soyinka and his men with red barate all over. They should not fraternise the demo as it will not help matters.

grin
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by twinskenny(m): 11:20pm On Jan 12, 2010
asha 80:

grin
grin grin grin
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by VPersie: 11:31pm On Jan 12, 2010
There is hope for Nigeria
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jan 12, 2010
Now this is the Nigeria I'm from!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is where I belong. I'll protest in Fellucini suit and Timberland when another one comes to NY. Soynka actually went home for this protest. That man is an Icon!!!!
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by sjeezy8: 12:46am On Jan 13, 2010
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Africain: 12:50am On Jan 13, 2010
My Homestead,

What is it

To me?

Lousy watermaid

Blessed, adorned

Boasting, basking

Twitching, spinning

Bequeathing her endowment

To alien seas

But laughing,

Always laughing and boasting

My Homestead,

An edifice of wrongs

Mounted in the centre

Of the arena

And her new-comers

Always crave her blessings

They say:

O Mother Edifice

Here we’ve come

Before you, your children

Bless us, bless us

Only with the wisdom

Of our forefathers

The labour of our heroes past

Shall not be put to shame

Help us to grow

In their footsteps

O Mother Edifice

My Homestead,

What is it

To me?

Three foxes

Entwined in the neck

Set themselves out

To run a race

A race

To free our land incarcerated

But,

Each runs

His own direction

Each says

I go first

Each says

I am better

Arguments ensue

Arguments by foxes!

But,

So far, so gone?

So far

How far-

Brother mine, how far?

more protest at www.emergingicons..com
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Gekko(m): 12:56am On Jan 13, 2010
this is a preview to a new beginning, i hope. I wish millions of folks will join these protest and attract international coverage.

more pics at,

http://stella-dimokokorkus..com/2010/01/save-nigeria-rally-pictures.html
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Nobody: 12:56am On Jan 13, 2010
A revolution for good & sound leadership has begun. It needs 2 be sustained similar rallies in key geopolitical zones and abroad 'll create a synergistic effect. Good to know that nigerians want to take their destinies into their own hands and not be held ransome by a bunch of lying psycofans all out to enrich their pockets. Please when is the Lagos rally coming up, I'll definitely be a part of it. Let's keep the fire burning. Victoria Ascerta!
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Nobody: 1:26am On Jan 13, 2010
PS: I was priviledged to listen to the purported BBC interview of 'Yar'adua' and he said he would soon come back home to perform his duties. Am quite surprised to hear him speak like someone that has a sense of responsibility about the office he held. If for 1 day u were unable to come to work in a structured organisation for a few days you would have to communicate in writing or verbally to mgt (the people to whom u are accountable). Yaradua's 'i dont care' attitude and lack of respect for and an insult to140 million nigerians was evidenced in the callous manner he left his shop, the choice of medium that he chose to speak after keeping mum for 50days. Personally I dont think the man should have a job waiting for him if and or when he returns what do u guys think?
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Gekko(m): 1:37am On Jan 13, 2010
stealth01:

PS: I was priviledged to listen to the purported BBC interview of 'Yar'adua' and he said he would soon come back home to perform his duties. Am quite surprised to hear him speak like someone that has a sense of responsibility about the office he held. If for 1 day u were unable to come to work in a structured organisation for a few days you would have to communicate in writing or verbally to mgt (the people to whom u are accountable). Yaradua's 'i dont care' attitude and lack of respect for and an insult to140 million nigerians was evidenced in the callous manner he left his shop, the choice of medium that he chose to speak after keeping mum for 50days. Personally I dont think the man should have a job waiting for him if and or when he returns what do u guys think?

Yaradull is making a fool of Nigerian. its quite fascinating, that he remembers the super towards the end of his speech, im mean come on, if the current state of affairs is anything to go by, how insignificant is the Super eagles in the grand scheme of things?  After all the prayers, patience and consideration he has attracted from Nigerians, he couldn't even address the nation directly via nta, ait or any of the local media.  I wish he doesn't fill the vacuum he created.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by bkbaybe99: 2:19am On Jan 13, 2010
Now this is what Iim talking about. Take back ur country from those thieving monkeys. Its looks like the turn out was small, but, just watch them do this once a week for two months and watch the country become ungovernable for the elite. most of them will scramble once they get the hint that they time is up. all they (the protesters) need now is momentum. bit by bit they gone make they country great again if they got the will. its lil by lil. Con paciencia y saliva, un elefante se tiro a una hormiga. you'll see.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by vigasimple(m): 2:27am On Jan 13, 2010
stealth01:

GBAM!

Gekko:

Yaradull is making a fool of Nigerian. its quite fascinating, that he remembers the super towards the end of his speech, im mean come on, if the current state of affairs is anything to go by, how insignificant is the Super eagles in the grand scheme of things?  After all the prayers, patience and consideration he has attracted from Nigerians, he couldn't even address the nation directly via nta, ait or any of the local media.  I wish he doesn't fill the vacuum he created.

You guys have spoken well. When he YAR A'DO NOTHING WAS HERE, all we hear is 7 pointless agenda, visionless 2020, ruse of law , due process. I do not only see a contemptous person but a daylight liar and corrupt ridden first Nigerian graduate President in 2010. He does not understand leadership or diplomacy at minimum assuming that was him.

He cannot address not only Nigerians but world leaders in the wake of Muttalab Terrorist threat that has led to 150million Nigerians being put on Terror lists all over the world when it was very clear that Muttalab is an abberation. He, again does not see fit to allow the VP to be acting President and CIC pending whenever he may complete his 'treatment'

I smell Hausa/Fulani political gameplaying. The man in my opinion is dead longtime ago certainly before the 25th December 2009 and our brothers up north are just trying to figure out how to retain the presidency. PDP is a fraud ridden party. There is now no independence in all our arms of government. It is very clear from these events. If an employee whatever the rank and position is medically unfi for 50 days and just want to keep everyone  waiting is simply unacceptable.

One day monkey will go market, one day surely he will not return. I think we need a complete overhaul in this country of our political syste and machinery.

YAR A'FOOL is making mockery of Nigerians. 'He came out to speak 1 day before the start of the worldwide demonstartion for 3 minutes to Hausa based Radio station, and only 1 minute in English' Mr YAR A'CLUELESS we are more smarter than you 1000 times.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Gekko(m): 2:31am On Jan 13, 2010
vigasimple:

[/b]

GBAM!

You guys have spoken well. When he YAR A'DO NOTHING WAS HERE, all we hear is 7 pointless agenda, visionless 2020, ruse of law , due process. I do not only see a contemptous person but a daylight liar and corrupt ridden first Nigerian graduate President in 2010. He does not understand leadership or diplomacy at minimum assuming that was him.

He cannot address not only Nigerians but world leaders in the wake of Muttalab Terrorist threat that has led to 150million Nigerians being put on Terror lists all over the world when it was very clear that Muttalab is an abberation. He, again does not see fit to allow the VP to be acting President and CIC pending whenever he may complete his 'treatment'

I smell Hausa/Fulani political gameplaying. The man in my opinion is dead longtime ago certainly before the 25th December 2009 and our brothers up north are just trying to figure out how to retain the presidency. PDP is a fraud ridden party. There is now no independence in all our arms of government. It is very clear from these events. If an employee whatever the rank and position is medically unfi for 50 days and just want to keep everyone  waiting is simply unacceptable.

One day monkey will go market, one day surely he will not return. I think we need a complete overhaul in this country of our political syste and machinery.

YAR A'FOOL is making mockery of Nigerians. 'He came out to speak 1 day before the start of the worldwide demonstartion for 3 minutes to Hausa based Radio station, and only 1 minute in English' Mr YAR A'CLUELESS we are more smarter than you 1000 times.

Things fall apart the; center cannot hold. Perhaps this is when the cookie crumbles.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by bluespice(f): 4:54am On Jan 13, 2010
i'm impressed
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by okunoba(m): 5:09am On Jan 13, 2010
@Beaf, on a Nigerian forum u are allowed to write in any language and better still if it`s a Nigerian language, sometimes people write in Ibo, Yoruba, Hausa or what ever on Nairaland that is their choice. It`s not rude to write in another language besides English it`s called choice, free World mate. U can write in Chinese 4 all we care. Biko, live and let live.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Sammy107d(m): 6:39am On Jan 13, 2010
What's this about people??

Senate to probe NTA’s black out on Yar’Adua’s debate
From AMOS DUNIA, Abuja
Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Umaru Musa Yar’Adua.
•Photo: Sun News Publishing
More Stories on This Section
The Senate yesterday vowed to investigate the Nigeria Television Authority (NTA) for failing to beam live its debate on the health status of President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua. Chairman of the Senate Committee on Information and Media Senator Ayogu Eze who stated this at a press conference said the Senate made arrangement for the live coverage of the debate on the motion which was considered important to the nation.

Daily Sun, however, gathered that the management of the Federal Government controlled television network received a counter directive from above not to beam the Senate debate live to avoid some comments that may not be palatable to the Presidency.

However, Senator Eze who is also the Spokesman of the Senate stressed that the refusal of the management of the NTA to provide live coverage for the Senate debate was a deliberate attempt to frustrate an independent arm of government saying that the legislature is not part of the executive arm of government.

According to Senator Eze; “I want to let all Nigerians know that this morning we were billed to beam the debate and all other things that happened live in the chamber and we had informed NTA accordingly and the NTA management refused to bring their live cameras and l belief it was an attempt to frustrate the efforts of the Senate to brief the people of Nigerians live so that we can see what we are talking about,” he alleged.

Senator Eze further said that he personally spoke with the Director General of NTA Mallam Usman Magawata on Monday who gave him the assurance that he was going to send his team for the live coverage of the debate for the interest of Nigerians only to renege on Tuesday morning.
“l think he owes it a duty to the people of Nigeria to tell them about this sabotage to frustrate an arm of government .
This is what we have been talking about that the legislature is the whipping boy of Nigerian democracy because it is the youngest arm and therefore people can conspire and do whatever they like. I think it was in a very bad taste for NTA management under the directive of whoever to do what they did today because that station is run with money contributed with Nigerian people,” Senator Eze enthused.

The Senate spokesman also said that giving the fact that the NTA management appear before the National Assembly for budget on yearly basis, it therefore has no reason whatsoever not to avail its services to Nigerian people who indeed own the station.
In the words of Senator Eze; “If you gag the Senate, you have already gag the representative of the people. This is very serious and I want the people of this country to appreciate how serious the situation is and to understand that this indeed an attempt to subvert the will of the people of Nigerian and we are going to do everything within our power as an independent arm of this democracy to resist and investigate and get to the root of this matter and make sure that this type of the misdemeanor would not happen next time.”
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by princekevo(m): 8:09am On Jan 13, 2010
Senator Eze further said that he personally spoke with the Director General of NTA Mallam Usman Magawata on Monday who gave him the assurance that he was going to send his team for the live coverage of the debate for the interest of Nigerians only to renege on Tuesday morning.
“l think he owes it a duty to the people of Nigeria to tell them about this sabotage to frustrate an arm of government .
This is what we have been talking about that the legislature is the whipping boy of Nigerian democracy because it is the youngest arm and therefore people can conspire and do whatever they like. I think it was in a very bad taste for NTA management under the directive of whoever to do what they did today because that station is run with money contributed with Nigerian people,” Senator Eze enthused.

Does this Eze guy live in Nigeria or another planet. He is talking as if he does not know Nigeria and wht they are capable of.
Meanwhile am so much happy that we still got people like Wole, Ojukwu, Tunde, and few others who can stand to their rights. Just felt like jumping back home to be part of this movement.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by twinskenny(m): 8:15am On Jan 13, 2010
you are right prince, they should by now know how to things work in Nigeria.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by trueword: 8:47am On Jan 13, 2010
princekevo:

Does this Eze guy live in Nigeria or another planet. He is talking as if he does not know Nigeria and wht they are capable of.
Meanwhile am so much happy that we still got people like Wole, Ojukwu, Tunde, and few others who can stand to their rights. Just felt like jumping back home to be part of this movement.

These lying lawmakers just got a taste of what they have been doing to Nigerians. Maybe now they will know how it feels. Watch when they won't even be able to do a thing about the NTA's action.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by marvix(m): 8:48am On Jan 13, 2010
I think dis is all a charade what do they want 2 achieve, nothing instead Goodluck shld be told dat he does not require any letter 2 act as president as soon as Mr President is unavailable or does d FEC want 2 tel us dat if a neighboring country decides 2 attack us we wil hav 2 wait 4 Mr President
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by chrisical(m): 9:13am On Jan 13, 2010
Nice.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by edoyad(m): 9:23am On Jan 13, 2010
Why don't the National assembly just get a TV station of their own ? If these useless clergy men in Nigeria can own their own stations on cable why can't the NA establish a FTA channel of their own ?
As for the NTA, i can't remember the last time i watched anything there(save for the occasional football) and i believe It's the same with most Nigerians. Next time the NA should use AIT, afterall it was AIT and Arulegba that ensured that Obasanjo did not get the third term/ life presidency he was scheming for. After defeating the third term agenda the useless people who benefitted from Arulegba and AIT have now come and are trying to silence them.
SHAME ON YOU DORA, YOU ARE NATIONAL DISGRACE. I CANT BELIEVE I ONCE MENTIONED YOU AS MY ROLE MODEL, no wonder i didn't get the job.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Dammyray(m): 9:33am On Jan 13, 2010
When are they going to stop disgrace us, this a disgrace, a big one indeed,

edoyad:

Why don't the National assembly just get a TV station of their own ? If these useless clergy men in Nigeria can own their own stations on cable why can't the NA establish a FTA channel of their own ?
As for the NTA, i can't remember the last time i watched anything there(save for the occasional football) and i believe It's the same with most Nigerians. Next time the NA should use AIT, afterall it was AIT and Arulegba that ensured that Obasanjo did not get the third term/ life presidency he was scheming for. After defeating the third term agenda the useless people who benefitted from Arulegba and AIT have now come and are trying to silence them.
SHAME ON YOU DORA, YOU ARE NATIONAL DISGRACE. I CANT BELIEVE I ONCE MENTIONED YOU AS MY ROLE MODEL, no wonder i didn't get the job.

Lol
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by monkeyleg: 9:52am On Jan 13, 2010
@Aisha2, well done my sister. I knew you would attend.

Guys this is not time for unnecessary disagreement, and this has very little to do with if Jonathan assumed office or not. We have been raped for far too long, and we must all speak with one voice. No matter what part of the country you come from, we all have a common problem. So please unity and direction is what we must sustain.

For me, this hopefully is a defining moment for my country Nigeria. I am hoping that the momentum willl sustain us all to make a change democratically when the time is right. Most people did not vote @ the last election, but this has now given us all the true reason why we must all register and most importantly vote and defend your vote.

I will share my experience @ the last election with you all.

We had been told to queue up and register somewhere in lagos, registreration was going to be from 8:00am to 5:00pm. I got there at 7:50am to find good Nigerians already queuing up to register, so I joined the queue. We wiated for 5 good hours in the queue, the guys from Inec where nowhere to be seen, they finally turned up at 1:30pm. 2 guys, 1 laptop and a webcam contraption. So registeration started. Being the person I was, I was quite curious to know how long it took to register a single candidate, so I went up to the Inec guys and asked. I was told 3-5mins per person. I quickly did the maths on the queue which had gathered and was stretching well into the road. On a very conservative estimate we might have been about 750, but I was number 126 I think. Anyway the maths told me that 5mins per person would take 500 mins to do 100 people, that meant 6hrs, and these guys were prepared to stay till 5:00pm and leave even after arriving very late.
Anyway, 2hrs into the registration exercise, the battery of the laptops ran down, and the guys were preparing to pack up and leave, but I and a few other people challenged them. How can they come to register potentially 1000 people with a single laptop battery and no provision for backup? Saying that there was a photographers shop directly opposite the place registration was taking place, I went up to the owner and asked if he had a generator, which he did, and if he was prepared to loan it to us for a fee, which he was. After paying #1000 to the baba, and #750 fuel for the gen, registration resumed. This was after I had nicely asked the Inec officials if they were hungry, and wanted something to drink. We provided food for them and drink as well, and too my joy they happily resumed registration and promised to come back the next day.

I got registered @ about 8:00pm, over 12hrs after standing in the queue. But I didn’t mind, for me the joy was getting other Nigerians registered as well. The Inec officials called me Oga sir, and they were taken aback by my resolve, but at that point it was clear to me that people really need to do their own little bit to help our country. No matter how small. A lot of people got discouraged and dropped off the queue, but yet a few stayed on.  They could have been all sorts of scenarios coming out if a few of us had not stepped in. Yes it cost me 12hrs, maybe #5000, but to me that was a sacrifice what making to ensure people got the opportunity to register and eventually vote.

I think we have now got a genuine opportunity to make good the promise we all owe our country no matter how small. Be it turning up for peaceful rallies, registering to vote, whatever.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by papabaks(m): 10:12am On Jan 13, 2010
This is looking much like it, we want to see the VOICE AND ACTION of grate people in this Nation, If they are ready to lead, then we are always ready to follow them,

I hope this will spring up some better solution to critical state of our dear Nation.

I LOVE YOU ALL, KUDOS!!! TO SIR WOLE SOYINKA,

papa
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Nobody: 10:29am On Jan 13, 2010
monkeyleg:

@Aisha2, well done my sister. I knew you would attend.

Guys this is not time for unnecessary disagreement, and this has very little to do with if Jonathan assumed office or not. We have been despoiled for far too long, and we must all speak with one voice. No matter what part of the country you come from, we all have a common problem. So please unity and direction is what we must sustain.

For me, this hopefully is a defining moment for my country Nigeria. I am hoping that the momentum willl sustain us all to make a change democratically when the time is right. Most people did not vote @ the last election, but this has now given us all the true reason why we must all register and most importantly vote and defend your vote.

I will share my experience @ the last election with you all.

We had been told to queue up and register somewhere in lagos, registreration was going to be from 8:00am to 5:00pm. I got there at 7:50am to find good Nigerians already queuing up to register, so I joined the queue. We wiated for 5 good hours in the queue, the guys from Inec where nowhere to be seen, they finally turned up at 1:30pm. 2 guys, 1 laptop and a webcam contraption. So registeration started. Being the person I was, I was quite curious to know how long it took to register a single candidate, so I went up to the Inec guys and asked. I was told 3-5mins per person. I quickly did the maths on the queue which had gathered and was stretching well into the road. On a very conservative estimate we might have been about 750, but I was number 126 I think. Anyway the maths told me that 5mins per person would take 500 mins to do 100 people, that meant 6hrs, and these guys were prepared to stay till 5:00pm and leave even after arriving very late.
Anyway, 2hrs into the registration exercise, the battery of the laptops ran down, and the guys were preparing to pack up and leave, but I and a few other people challenged them. How can they come to register potentially 1000 people with a single laptop battery and no provision for backup? Saying that there was a photographers shop directly opposite the place registration was taking place, I went up to the owner and asked if he had a generator, which he did, and if he was prepared to loan it to us for a fee, which he was. After paying #1000 to the baba, and #750 fuel for the gen, registration resumed. This was after I had nicely asked the Inec officials if they were hungry, and wanted something to drink. We provided food for them and drink as well, and too my joy they happily resumed registration and promised to come back the next day.

I got registered @ about 8:00pm, over 12hrs after standing in the queue. But I didn’t mind, for me the joy was getting other Nigerians registered as well. The Inec officials called me Oga sir, and they were taken aback by my resolve, but at that point it was clear to me that people really need to do their own little bit to help our country. No matter how small. A lot of people got discouraged and dropped off the queue, but yet a few stayed on. They could have been all sorts of scenarios coming out if a few of us had not stepped in. Yes it cost me 12hrs, maybe #5000, but to me that was a sacrifice what making to ensure people got the opportunity to register and eventually vote.

I think we have now got a genuine opportunity to make good the promise we all owe our country no matter how small. Be it turning up for peaceful rallies, registering to vote, whatever.

God Bless you
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by PapaBrowne(m): 10:32am On Jan 13, 2010
okunoba:

@Beaf, on a Nigerian forum u are allowed to write in any language and better still if it`s a Nigerian language, sometimes people write in Ibo, Yoruba, Hausa or what ever on Nairaland that is their choice. It`s not rude to write in another language besides English it`s called choice, free World mate. U can write in Chinese 4 all we care. Biko, live and let live.

Okunoba,Lesztek részt vesznek a tiltakozás Angliában? Vagy csak az fog otthon ülni, míg mások a tiltakozás?

Please answer me!
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by otawa: 10:39am On Jan 13, 2010
It is a new day, what is new about this 'Protest'?

Everybody don go home.

Like everything in Nigeria, it is dead.

We dont like the capacity to see through issues.

If those protestant had 'sit-tight' in the Abuja International Airport for 5days, the senate will impeach Yaradua and we can move on.

Alas, Nigeria with it is half-baked protests we always wait for 'old man Soyinka' to do the basic.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by Frank101: 11:13am On Jan 13, 2010
Kudos to the men and women who came out with genuine concerns for the liberation of Nigeria.

I will continue to ask,what do Nigerians want? Is it a president who grants interview from Jeddah or one who will report to Aso Rock and manage the country that he eloped from over 50 days ago? What the Abuja henchmen are looking for will soon betide them.That chaos and anarchy will soon be let loose among men in Nigeria and bodies will litter the streets before change is come.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by edoyad(m): 11:14am On Jan 13, 2010
^ people will sit at the airport while you sit infront of your PC i presume Mr @otawa ?
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by galatico(m): 11:39am On Jan 13, 2010
The only reason Yar'Adua hasn't spoken is simply because he is dead or probably in a coma, but I strongly beleive the man is dead!!!
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) by londoner: 11:41am On Jan 13, 2010
OMG, I am so happy, actually fighting back tears right now. WELL DONE NIGERIANS! We in the diaspora now have to follow your lead and add our voices to the protest. I hear there is a protest on friday, is there one to be held over the weekend, as most of us have to work? I am contemplating skyving, but I dont know if it will attract TV media. Those in the know in the UK, how can we get involved over the long term? We have to strike while the iron is hot.

What I love about this is that the middle classes have joined, this is what is needed, now if relgious leaders/tradiional leaders and the young can also join in one voice, then change is around the corner. Because each finger would have formed a fist, they wont be able to reverse it.

People lets keep pushing, in a sustained manner, peacefully!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Some Pictures Of Delta State- How Long Should We Be Patient?? / Wike Sacks 14 Permanent Secretaries In Rivers State / Buhari’s Remarks At The Submission Of His Presidential Nomination Forms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.