Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,991 members, 7,821,456 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Lagos To Tackle Ketu Traffic Congestion With Construction Of Lay-Bys - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos To Tackle Ketu Traffic Congestion With Construction Of Lay-Bys (28971 Views)

The Aerial View Of A Shocking Traffic Congestion In Los Angeles (photos) / Lagos Has The Worst Case Of Traffic Congestion In The World? (Photos) / 11 Ideas That Can Help You Avoid Traffic Congestion In Nigerian Cities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos To Tackle Ketu Traffic Congestion With Construction Of Lay-Bys by AutoJoshNG: 12:57pm On May 16, 2017
The battle to reduce traffic congestion in Lagos is not yet over.. Lagos State Government is taking the fight to Ketu.. and they have announced that they would construct three-lane lay-bys and modern motor-park at Ketu.

The Acting Commissioner for Transport, Prince Lanre Elegushi revealed this at a stakeholders meeting with market men/women, residents and National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW). He said the government is committed to tackling points of traffic gridlocks in the state.

The lay-bys will help reduce the travel time to and from Ikorodu.

Nice job..

https://autojosh.com/ketu-traffic/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

5 Likes

Re: Lagos To Tackle Ketu Traffic Congestion With Construction Of Lay-Bys by diportivo: 2:20pm On May 16, 2017
if there's anywhere dt needs lay by and busstops,its ketu

that place is hellish

yellow buses,red,and while buses are above the law there

and d unscrupulous lastma and traffic police don't help matters

frequent users of dat axis can relate angry

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos To Tackle Ketu Traffic Congestion With Construction Of Lay-Bys by dominique(f): 2:26pm On May 16, 2017
lay-by
ˈleɪbʌɪ/
noun, plural noun: lay-bys

An area at the side of a road where vehicles may pull off the road and stop.

Any measure to tackle traffic congestion is totally welcome. Hope they won't destroy structures though

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Tackle Ketu Traffic Congestion With Construction Of Lay-Bys by YonkijiSappo: 5:16pm On May 16, 2017
Lagos keeps moving forward.

While... some people keep fuming with Hate and Envy... cheesy

By the time Ambode finishes his tenure ehn.. 70% of them would have taken the fast route with rat poison.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos To Tackle Ketu Traffic Congestion With Construction Of Lay-Bys by Akshow: 5:16pm On May 16, 2017
Ok
Re: Lagos To Tackle Ketu Traffic Congestion With Construction Of Lay-Bys by josephine123: 5:16pm On May 16, 2017
cool
Re: Lagos To Tackle Ketu Traffic Congestion With Construction Of Lay-Bys by AbakalikiPress: 5:17pm On May 16, 2017
Honestly, Lagos state is not operating on the same wavelength as the Nigerian Federal Government.

Can Lags state just buy up my state Ebonyi and turn it into a large Agric fowl poultry?

134 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Lagos To Tackle Ketu Traffic Congestion With Construction Of Lay-Bys by Mujaheeeden: 5:18pm On May 16, 2017
dominique:
lay-by
ˈleɪbʌɪ/

Any measure to tackle traffic congestion is totally welcome. Hope they won't destroy structures though
A lot of structures will have to give way

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Tackle Ketu Traffic Congestion With Construction Of Lay-Bys by DLondonboiy: 5:18pm On May 16, 2017
Ketu, where the recalcitrants come to die...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Tackle Ketu Traffic Congestion With Construction Of Lay-Bys by BrandBucket: 5:18pm On May 16, 2017
For CVE students.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Tackle Ketu Traffic Congestion With Construction Of Lay-Bys by 2kass(m): 5:18pm On May 16, 2017
dominique:
lay-by
ˈleɪbʌɪ/

Well that's part of the sacrifice for development, especially in Urban areas.. structures must be destroyed to give way to infrastructures especially when it concerns the well being of d general public.

Even if it means bringing down Alausa

13 Likes

Re: Lagos To Tackle Ketu Traffic Congestion With Construction Of Lay-Bys by IgbosAreGreat(f): 5:19pm On May 16, 2017
AbakalikiPress:
Honestly, Lagos state is not operating on the same wavelength as the Nigerian Federal Government.

Can Lags state just buy up my state Ebonyi and turn it into an Agric fowl poultry?

u know u afonjas has attitude problem

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos To Tackle Ketu Traffic Congestion With Construction Of Lay-Bys by Mujaheeeden: 5:19pm On May 16, 2017
AbakalikiPress:
Can Lags state just buy up my state Ebonyi and turn it into an Agric fowl poultry?
Osun State should be better since their allocation is Paid from Adeosun purse

Aregbe: ( calling Kemi Adeosun) Omo iya, my state has not seen this month allocation, please PHCN wants to cut Government house light if we don't pay up

Kemi: [/b]Sorry Baba, I'm in the Salon but you can send ypur driver to come and pick it. I've been carrying it in my purse since i shared it because paying the 2million naira into the bank will be so stressful and bank charges will be deducted from it.

[b]Aregbe
: Thank you my able Princess. Where is Kasali my driver? Owo ti de grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos To Tackle Ketu Traffic Congestion With Construction Of Lay-Bys by AuroraB(f): 5:19pm On May 16, 2017
Hmm...some more wailing loading. Whose shop/bunk's about to kiss ground sad

4 Likes

Re: Lagos To Tackle Ketu Traffic Congestion With Construction Of Lay-Bys by Wolfbrother(m): 5:19pm On May 16, 2017
Welcome development
Re: Lagos To Tackle Ketu Traffic Congestion With Construction Of Lay-Bys by AbakalikiPress: 5:20pm On May 16, 2017
Mujaheeeden:
Osun State should be better since their allocation is Paid from Emefiele wallet

No, Osun is better than Ebonyi by far trust me
Do you know the number of Universities in Osun state alone?

The problem with we Igbo people is that we keep underestimating The Yorubas and listening to silly propaganda to make ourselves feel good about Yoruba superiority, while their states keep on progressing. Just Yesterday, Osun state opened the only World class Technical and motor vehicle modelling centre in Nigeria. And this one is comparing them with Ebonyi, an educationally disadvantaged state competing with Northern states at the bottom of Nigeria's poverty Index... lol lol lol

Just look at mega-projects in Osun

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos To Tackle Ketu Traffic Congestion With Construction Of Lay-Bys by babyhrt(m): 5:21pm On May 16, 2017
It is the useless police officers in ketu bus stop in connivance with the bus drivers that causes the perennial gridlock that happens every night at Ketu Bus stop.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Tackle Ketu Traffic Congestion With Construction Of Lay-Bys by banjeezay(m): 5:21pm On May 16, 2017
Lagos is working, Nigeria is looking

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Tackle Ketu Traffic Congestion With Construction Of Lay-Bys by proff010: 5:21pm On May 16, 2017
diportivo:
if there's anywhere dt needs lay by and busstops,its ketu

that place is hellish

yellow buses,red,and while buses are above the law there

and d unscrupulous lastma and traffic police don't help matters confirmed.... Let the fly over bridge cut through the ketu police station...

frequent users of dat axis can relate angry
Re: Lagos To Tackle Ketu Traffic Congestion With Construction Of Lay-Bys by chukslawrence(m): 5:21pm On May 16, 2017
ok
Re: Lagos To Tackle Ketu Traffic Congestion With Construction Of Lay-Bys by Nobody: 5:21pm On May 16, 2017
Mujaheeeden:
A lot of structures will have to give way
Re: Lagos To Tackle Ketu Traffic Congestion With Construction Of Lay-Bys by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 16, 2017
Amnode, best governor Lagos ever had

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Tackle Ketu Traffic Congestion With Construction Of Lay-Bys by olaolulazio(m): 5:23pm On May 16, 2017
Lagos country.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Tackle Ketu Traffic Congestion With Construction Of Lay-Bys by wristbangle: 5:23pm On May 16, 2017
It's a welcome development
Re: Lagos To Tackle Ketu Traffic Congestion With Construction Of Lay-Bys by soath(m): 5:24pm On May 16, 2017
dominique:
lay-by
ˈleɪbʌɪ/

Surely they will.
Re: Lagos To Tackle Ketu Traffic Congestion With Construction Of Lay-Bys by Josmila(m): 5:25pm On May 16, 2017
dominique:
lay-by
ˈleɪbʌɪ/

For any meaningful infrastructure to be put in place sometimes, structures would have to be demolished. Berger is a typical example. This is largely because of poor town planning from the get go

4 Likes

Re: Lagos To Tackle Ketu Traffic Congestion With Construction Of Lay-Bys by Jabioro: 5:25pm On May 16, 2017
AbakalikiPress:

Write the proposal to your state governor and her assembly, Lagos is ever read to pay you people off,takeover the state..

4 Likes

Re: Lagos To Tackle Ketu Traffic Congestion With Construction Of Lay-Bys by hezy4real01(m): 5:25pm On May 16, 2017
Ambode is doing a good Job, personally I will rate him 60%

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Tackle Ketu Traffic Congestion With Construction Of Lay-Bys by Badboiz(m): 5:26pm On May 16, 2017
NL people and tribalism just tire me, I weak. Wetin consign Lagos, Abakaliki and Osun. Any development is for the good of everyone in that region irrespective of tribe.

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Adventure Across The Calabar River... With Pictures. / Hit-And-Run Driver Kills A Man In Delta (Photo) / Quiting My Job To Join My Wife Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.