Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,251 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners (44533 Views)

Where Is Iara Oshiomhole? - Punch / Iara Oshiomhole Shines At APC National Convention (Photos) / Iara Oshiomhole With Her Husband At APC Convention In Abuja. PIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners by ThatFairGuy: 8:18pm On May 16, 2017
Let's see how good looking you are, upload your pic. If you looks presentable(I doubt it), atleast he is well recignised than you.
Maski87:
I wonder how this fine woman will all that ugly m an to be banging her, can you imagine his face when he is releasing, children can have convulsions if the see that face,that man is very ugly
Re: Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners by MENTORCH(m): 8:30pm On May 16, 2017
lookatew:
Oboy eh! See resources eeh!

This oshiomole carry better money enter dis market o.

I fit drop my papa house as collateral 4 just one night wt dis one!

We shall get there... Vaseline crew in the house say amen

Yeah she make sense but once you cum, you will get back to your senses. She is beautiful but it doesnt mean she is sweet.

1 Like

Re: Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners by laudate: 8:30pm On May 16, 2017
magzey:
YOU FORGOT TO READ WELL, WAS THERE MARRIAGE IN THE LAW YOU JUST QUOTE?

You forgot to assimilate well, or comprehend accurately. In which section of the law, does a foreigner married to a Nigerian get automatic citizenship? Do you know how long the process takes?
Re: Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners by buchilino(m): 8:31pm On May 16, 2017
laudate:
Which day did Iara marry Adams Oshiomhole that she is now being granted Nigerian citizenship? shocked E don reach 3 years? Doesn't the law say you have to be resident in Nigeria for at least 7-14 years before you can be granted Nigerian citizenship? Na wa for dis country, o! See as they are bending the law for her - tomorrow they will say they are fighting corruption. mtcheew! angry

GRADUALLY EVERYBODY WILL SOON UNDERSTAND Y NK CALLED DIS COUNTRY A ZOO.
Re: Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners by laudate: 8:33pm On May 16, 2017
Freiden:
Ignorance na bastard.
I dont blame you

Yeah, I don't blame you too. Your response has just shown everyone how 'ignorance' got a residence permit, in the confines of your mind.
Re: Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners by laudate: 8:35pm On May 16, 2017
bkool7:
when was that ?
you want to compare how things are done then to now ?

Guy, even now - it is still NOT automatic!! Ask any foreigner married to a Nigerian. sad
Re: Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners by ElsonMorali: 8:36pm On May 16, 2017
I'll like to sell my own citizenship. Anybodybody interested? angry

2 Likes

Re: Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners by laudate: 8:46pm On May 16, 2017
lacidi:
Nigerian citizenship is not acquired automatically by marrying a Nigerian. There are more than 100,000 women married to Nigerians who have not been granted Nigerian citizenship because they have not lived in Nigeria for up to 7 - 10 years. Even if you lived here for more than 7 years, the granting of citizenship is still discretionary. Most people assume that once you marry a Nigerian then you are automatically a citizen. This is not so. Nigerian law is quite different from US or European Union laws. In fact, Mrs. Oshiomhole must be the fastest Naija wife to receive Naija citizenship.

At last!! cheesy Someone with great sense has spelled it out clearly. I fit dash you 1,000 likes for dis post!! cool I know so many foreigners married to Nigerians, that have been on the waiting list for years trying to get Nigerian citizenship, without success. Getting the CERPAC is a big hassle, is it citizenship that will now be easy? Ask foreign wives the headache they go through at our embassies abroad, to get ordinary visa to come into Nigeria. sad

1 Like

Re: Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners by grandstar(m): 8:53pm On May 16, 2017
laudate:
Which day did Iara marry Adams Oshiomhole that she is now being granted Nigerian citizenship? shocked E don reach 3 years? Doesn't the law say you have to be resident in Nigeria for at least 7-14 years before you can be granted Nigerian citizenship? Na wa for dis country, o! See as they are bending the law for her - tomorrow they will say they are fighting corruption. mtcheew! angry

Actually foreign can quickly become citizens unlike foreign husbands
Re: Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners by laudate: 8:56pm On May 16, 2017
grandstar:
Actually foreign can quickly become citizens unlike foreign husbands
Are you talking from experience? Oya, tell us exactly how many years does it take for foreign wives to become Nigerian citizens within this country?
Re: Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners by muller101(m): 9:09pm On May 16, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
Citizens of hell!! Una Wellucome!
this account has been hacked
Re: Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners by Dopeluiz(m): 10:54pm On May 16, 2017
laudate:
na by registration. e dey short pass by naturalization
Re: Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners by Luvdk(f): 11:01pm On May 16, 2017
Zoo
Re: Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners by dangwarmai(m): 11:32pm On May 16, 2017
The Nigeria that we insult day and night is what the world is coming for. Let's check our ways Oooooooo...
Re: Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners by Gudfrie(m): 12:29am On May 17, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
Citizens of hell!! Una Wellucome!
Thats crude man.........means you are in hell too
Re: Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners by Mayflowa(m): 1:37am On May 17, 2017
lookatew:
Oboy eh! See resources eeh!

This oshiomole carry better money enter dis market o.

I fit drop my papa house as collateral 4 just one night wt dis one!

We shall get there... Vaseline crew in the house say amen

Just get little money. Go cape verde, there are many more ladies finer than her if you like this type of specs to marry.
Re: Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners by Mayflowa(m): 1:48am On May 17, 2017
ensamy:
The new citizens see opportunities we real born Nigerians cannot see.
Imagine that they are all business moguls. This na fraud so they can
exploit us freely now, without paying
resident permits.
I want to see oyibo Doctors and surgeons, administrators and Engineers naturalising as Nigerians,
then we go no say them dey serious. angry grin grin grin

Many top hospitals in the country are owned by white and some have Nigeria citizenship
Re: Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners by Kfed4ril(m): 2:24am On May 17, 2017
laudate:

She is married to him which automatically makes her a citizen
Re: Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners by BiggyBamBam: 3:52am On May 17, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

Calm down! This is citizenship by registration (Via Marriage) it is authomatic! Just like getting married to an American citizen, You wouldn't have to wait for years before your status changes...

When you marry a US citizen, you get your AUTHORIZATION TO WORK within 6 months.
By 2 years you get your PAROLE (Temporary Green Card), which allows to travel outside the US anytime.
After this you get your PERMANENT GREEN CARD which is renewable in 10 years.

However, after 3years or 5years of continuous stay in the US, you can apply for Citizenship, which will be granted in due course.

Citizenship is not automatic, you have to wait for years to get it and if you commit a crime, then kiss it goodbye!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners by laudate: 1:06pm On May 17, 2017
Kfed4ril:
She is married to him which automatically makes her a citizen
What do mean by 'automatically?" You think that once a foreigner marries a Nigerian, he or she automatically becomes a Nigerian citizen, ba? In which section of the Nigerian law did you read that one? undecided
Re: Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners by laudate: 1:08pm On May 17, 2017
Dopeluiz:
na by registration. e dey short pass by naturalization

And by how many years is 'citizenship by registration,' shorter than 'citizenship by naturalisation?' Pray, do tell....
Re: Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners by laudate: 1:15pm On May 17, 2017
BiggyBamBam:
When you marry a US citizen, you get your AUTHORIZATION TO WORK within 6 months.
By 2 years you get your PAROLE (Temporary Green Card), which allows to travel outside the US anytime.
After this you get your PERMANENT GREEN CARD which is renewable in 10 years.

However, after 3years or 5years of continuous stay in the US, you can apply for Citizenship, which will be granted in due course.

Citizenship is not automatic, you have to wait for years to get it and if you commit a crime, then kiss it goodbye!
My brother, may God bless you for educating the clueless ones!! cheesy Even in America, a foreign spouse does NOT get automatic citizenship, it takes time & it takes a process. Is it in Nigeria with our warped processes, convoluted timelines and archaic laws, that foreign spouses would now get Nigerian citizenship in a hurry? See the clueless ones talking about things they do not know....

1 Like

Re: Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners by laudate: 4:03am On May 18, 2017
charliboy654:
She married a Nigerian na. So she doesn't need to wait that long.

So tell us exactly how long she needs to wait, because I know other people that have been waiting longer than she has but have not yet gotten their own citizenship, o!
Re: Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners by lordkhalifa(m): 5:28am On May 18, 2017
Abeg who even want to be identified with citizen of this messy country called Nigeria Abeg I'm give up my own citizenship , that stupid interior minister should deport me back to my Choosed prefer country

Re: Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners by tck2000(m): 9:09am On Oct 14, 2019
Hades2016:
OK make I run go fry akamu
lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senator Victor Ndoma-Egba's House In Calabar Looted And Set On Fire (Video) / Nigeria Police - We Live Like Rats In The Barracks {picture} / Meet Nigeria's First Ladies Since Independence (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.