Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,548 members, 7,827,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

Why I Felt At Home At Www.sweethome.com.ng - The Review - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why I Felt At Home At Www.sweethome.com.ng - The Review (577 Views)

What's so Tech About Techguy.ng? - The Review / Is Yukhub.com The Next Nairaland Or ? - The Review You Probably Shouldn't Read / What Techredirector.com Should Do To Improve Their Site (THE REVIEW) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Felt At Home At Www.sweethome.com.ng - The Review by Copycracker(m): 2:43pm On May 16, 2017
Ahhh... finally.

An E-commerce site for review.

No offence, blogs but I've seen too much of you these past few days... so yeah, I need some space cheesy

Okay, the biggest thing for most e-commerce sites is ease of use.

Yes, no surprise. It's all about the user again. Actually, wait... No, it's always about the user.

Let's see if it's really home sweet home at www.sweethome.com.ng or if it's the type of house you don't let your friends visit you at (Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about wink )

And without further "senrenre", we begin:

I. Design And Layout

I salute your web developer. In fact, I want to buy him/her a drink. Not only is the design clean, it's practically laid out perfectly. I'm definitely doing the alanta to this... but I'll still point out the small gbagauns here and there.

(i) You fused your site title + logo + tagline together in a sweet marriage at the left top corner of your site... Nice ... I for give you thumbs up but I couldn't find the emoticon.

That's great, but you need to remove the .com.ng in your Site Title. If you look at the tab in your browser, you'll see "Home - Sweethome.com.ng". Take out the .com.ng and you even get a sweet title- Home- Sweethome.

So do that.

(ii) Love your tagline.

It's short and to the point and when we read that, it's clear to us immediately that this one is going to be about food.

(iii) Okay, the first menu where you have Your phone number, cart, checkout, My Account...

You don't need to force your number on us. Remove that, and replace it with Contact Us.

Add Home, then rearrange it like so:

Home, My Account, Cart, Checkout, Contact Us, and I think that would be solid.

(iv) Your primary navigation menu is perfect. I won't change a damn thing.

I however found that some of those pages under About were empty... We'll have to talk about that when I get to Content.

(v) Your left side bar, showing all the Categories of products on your site... Also beautiful. I sha noticed some of them didn't have any products in them and some products didn't have any product descriptions.

Don't worry, I won't attack you too much on that. Creating content for e-commerce sites is a very long thing. One of the online businesses I'm setting up is an ecommerce site (www.efikomarket.com and I'm still fighting my disappearing primary nav menu, but that's my own battle) so I definitely feel your pain.

Good work putting it there though.

(vi) I love your main content section. You didn't attack us with too many products in each section, and you gave us the option of moving to the next, and the next, and I'm in love with your layout... I got it on the low low.

Lol. Did you get that "I'm in love with the koko" remix there?

I however think that after featured products, we should see recent products before product categories, and then your blog. Either way, it's still a beautiful set up you have there.

(vii) Your footer

I love your footer. I am not even going to say shii about it.

Except, maybe make your social media links a bit more prominent.

II. Content.

(i) We all know most e-commerce content headlines just say what the product is.. so can't really fault you on anything there.

I'll however say, don't put a product up if you haven't put the price, and put in a description. I mean, you're trying to sell the product right, not just tease us with the picture.

(ii) Your About Celine and My Story pages....

Hmm, yeahh... users don't really care about that. REmove them.

Just have one About Us page

(iii) Your About Us page

The content there is basically muddled together, and I already said we har starting hay #WelcomeToMySite must die movement. Please, remove that Welcome to Sweethome.com.ng thing ASAP.

And then Tomi said "Let there be space between thy paragraphs".

And there was... when I got to the...

(iv) Blog section

You spaced out the paragraphs here quite well, and your content is informative, but you might want to make sure an average human being can read through and understand your content.

My day job is diagnosing illnesses and sticking the right needles in people so I understand what you write about, but what about someone who doesn't know shii about medicine or pH?

I'm not saying dumb it down completely but minimize them big words where possible.

III. Promotion

I'd say your best bet is through a combination of online and offline marketing.

Online as in mainly social media... For some reason (which I don't understand), all your social media links lead to your Facebook account.

This should not be so. My suggestion would be to either hire someone to manage social media for you, or start with two or three social media networks you can manage by yourself.

I would suggest Facebook, Twitter and Instagram though.... If your game is really tight on Instagram, you could build a huge following and we all know huge following = huge prospective customer base = dollar dollar bill ya

Also, consider having affiliates market your products for you, as in advertise them on their blogs which should preferably be in the food niche, and then you'd pay a small commission to them on sales.

This helps get the word out fast too.

Then, when it comes to your blog... Do your keyword research and optimize those posts for SEO. Also get backlinks and etcetera shmetcetera.. There's a guy I know on Nairaland that can help you with that, if you want.

Offline Marketing would mostly be radio, flyers, and attending meet ups of entrepreneurs and businesses... I don't know about most other places, but Abj has this thing with organizing such meet ups in a cool field, with different foodie entrepreneurs and all. It makes it easy to showcase your biz.

Find those types of meet ups in your area and be there.

IV. Monetization and other ideas

Looking at your product page, That Add to Cart button is too tiny, and it's like at the bottom. Make it bigger and more prominently displayed.

I think you're not done with setting up the site though, cos I tried to "Red Rice" (It just happened... I prefer my rice white and sexy) to my cart, and it didn't work. I got redirected to your home page, then I checked the cart page and didn't see it.

You should finish setting this up, and while you do, try to make it easy for users to buy from you. This means "no too much senrenre".

Don't ask for more info than you actually need. A name, email address, phone number, and address should be enough for you to deliver an order.

Anyway, that's my 2 kobos on your site.

I hope this helps.

Now, back to my own hustle.

P.S. If you're reading this, and want me to review your site, I take God beg you, don't post it here. There is already a queue and you should post your site here instead- https://www.nairaland.com/3765331/post-website-blog-here-get

P.P.S. I will begin to offer my consulting services at a daily rate either today or tomorrow, so keep your eyes peeled. I'll let you know when I'm ready.

Appy uzling! and Aff Hay Nice Day!
Re: Why I Felt At Home At Www.sweethome.com.ng - The Review by starchris(m): 10:42am On May 18, 2017
Nice review thanks

(1) (Reply)

Kindly Review My Website, Can I Go Ahead And Request For Adsense! / I Need To Know What It Will Cost To Design A Cinema Website / Ideas Needed For Classified Ads Script

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.