Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,993 members, 7,952,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:32 AM

Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers (44612 Views)

El-rufai Returns To Nigeria After Widespread Rumours Of Being Dead. Pictures / Emmanuel Nwobosi And Nnamdi Kanu Meet In Israel, Speaks On 1966 Military Coup / Buratai Warns Commanders Against Fleeing From Terrorists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by Nobody: 9:26am On May 17, 2017
Only nairaland can stop buratai
How can nairalanders stop buratai?
We need to intesify this news and make buratai diversionary tactics worthless.
From a reliable information, buratai is in advance stage of executing the coup
His target was may 29th
Bearing an unforseen circumstances, the acting president should removed him asap n place him under a restriction.
If we fail to act,we will all suffer the consequence.
Dz rumor started in 2016.
Rmba,buhari was warned dt ibb n gusau were planning a coup, he ignored and acted on his selfish interest,the consequence was corruption unlimited in the annal if nigeria.
Shonekan was warned dt abacha was planning a coup, he dismissed it...the consequence was national retrogression
The best approach now is to ask buratai to name all the politicians dt asked him to overthrow the acting president.
Dz is a national issue

3 Likes

Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by hardbody: 9:26am On May 17, 2017
sunnysunny69:
I don't pray for one, don't know why you wish for one. Military never works for Nigeria. It's one reason we are so backward a nation. I have lived overseas for some years in a democratic setting, if you experience such you won't wish for a military regime.

Nicely said. I have not lived overseas, I have had frequent visits and have noticed how things work in all those climes. The led do not give room for the leaders to exercise the brazen roguery that pervades our environment here, therefore there is no basis for the military to get interested in politics.

Here, the simpleton on the street collects N5k, loaves of bread, sacks of garri and then mortgages his soul. The Politician comes in and tries to recover his money spent on the voters and make some profit (afterall it is a business venture), then everything is left rotting away no one willing to bail the cat, so what is the way out of the wood. We get what we deserve. Until we learn to be objective, assess politicians and vote for them on the basis of their antecedents and desire to perform, not all these south west north divide (wailers and zombies as some people choose to christen them), then bro, let the military come. It took a Jerry Rawlings in Ghana to reset that country and put it back on the path of economic recovery. If we can get that to happen here, no regrets.

Those are my views. I remain apolitical, reason is simple, they make it impossible for right thinking people to aspire to lead. How much is the cost of acquiring forms to elective positions? How many honest and hardworking men and women can afford this? And when you borrow to acquire the forms, won't you pay back with interest? where will the money come from? Looting.

Compare the scenario with the western states you spoke about. We deserve whatever comes to us bro

1 Like

Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by ezemoney39(m): 9:26am On May 17, 2017
for me that what Nigeria needs now,disolves all political parties,for at least 2 years,do the needful with military decree, with that brothers Nigeria will great again!
Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by abdulwastecx(m): 9:27am On May 17, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

U ve not resisted this sham called democracy na when soldiers enter u go fit face them or na inside bush u go run enter
Lets not deceive ourselves d current democracy is a mess that serves only a few. If a well intentioned coup is possible, it has my support and I guess many other.
If u want a coup now choose like if no choose share

That is the problem there is no such thing as "well-intended coup", The military had been given the opportunities in the past to rule and they have nothing to show for it. People are shouting about restructuring not knowing that the military-led government that destroyed the regional system of government and introduce the central system we are using today

3 Likes

Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by Omeokachie: 9:29am On May 17, 2017
Dubai Burutai testing the waters...
Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by aolawale025: 9:32am On May 17, 2017
I doubt a coup can succeed in nigeria presently. Even if successful, the plotter(s) would probably rule over his state or village. Any coup would precipitate the disintegration of the country.
Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by BetaThings: 9:37am On May 17, 2017
sunnysunny69:
All this kids born in 2005 self. If military take over, a site like nairaland will be history, why ? Because most of our post and opinions are anti government, we blast government officials , call this and that clueless, try that with a military leader, seun the owner will cool off in kuje prison. We all enjoy freedom of speech and fundamental human right, with a military all become history.

Some have just written JAMB this week, so nothing to do for now

1 Like

Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by BetaThings: 9:39am On May 17, 2017
Omeokachie:
Dubai Burutai testing the waters...

Tell me how he stands to benefit!
Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by BetaThings: 9:40am On May 17, 2017
ezemoney39:
for me that what Nigeria needs now,disolves all political parties,for at least 2 years,do the needful with military decree, with that brothers Nigeria will great again!
Who will do these? A military ruler who will get used to power within 3 months?
Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by DJInfluence: 9:45am On May 17, 2017
Buratai abi Burukutu... You are your so called top brass want to chop alone, una no want the others to get aspiration? In fact, if any miliraty group get the mind to stage a coup, i will support them because this politicians worse pass the milliarty we chased out.
Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by Nobody: 9:45am On May 17, 2017
aolawale025:
I doubt a coup can succeed in nigeria presently. Even if successful, the plotter(s) would probably rule over his state or village. Any coup would precipitate the disintegration of the country.
Dz is a myopic view.Once a plotter assured the western blocks of their investments in Nigeria, the rest is hx

1 Like

Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by BetaThings: 9:47am On May 17, 2017
Onward4eva:
Only nairaland can stop buratai
How can nairalanders stop buratai?
We need to intesify this news and make buratai diversionary tactics worthless.
From a reliable information, buratai is in advance stage of executing the coup
His target was may 29th
Bearing an unforseen circumstances, the acting president should removed him asap n place him under a restriction.
Acting President to remove COAS?
If you were the president, what would you think?
Please let us be serious about this
A coup by Buratai will not work, he will go in a coup

Onward4eva:
Rmba,buhari was warned dt ibb n gusau were planning a coup, he ignored and acted on his selfish interest,the consequence was corruption unlimited in the annal if nigeria.
THis is where you show that you are not to be taken serious
unlimited corruption in the history of Nigeria?

Onward4eva:

Shonekan was warned dt abacha was planning a coup, he dismissed it...the consequence was national retrogression
Shonekan's case was different
He had no constituency: the military put him there
And a court had declared his government illegal!

Onward4eva:

The best approach now is to ask buratai to name all the politicians dt asked him to overthrow the acting president.
Dz is a national issue
Who will ask him, you?
And you know for certain what you are saying?
You will cause Nairaland to be shit down!
Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by BetaThings: 9:49am On May 17, 2017
DJInfluence:
Buratai abi Burukutu... You are your so called top brass want to chop alone, una no want the others to get aspiration? In fact, if any miliraty group get the mind to stage a coup, i will support them because this politicians worse pass the milliarty we chased out.

Calling a President incompetent, asking him to resign etc are legitimate
But calling for a coup, and at a time like this is reckless

1 Like

Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by sunnysunny69(m): 9:49am On May 17, 2017
hardbody:

Nicely said. I have not lived overseas, I have had frequent visits and have noticed how things work in all those climes. The led do not give room for the leaders to exercise the brazen roguery that pervades our environment here, therefore there is no basis for the military to get interested in politics.

Here, the simpleton on the street collects N5k, loaves of bread, sacks of garri and then mortgages his soul. The Politician comes in and tries to recover his money spent on the voters and make some profit (afterall it is a business venture), then everything is left rotting away no one willing to bail the cat, so what is the way out of the wood. We get what we deserve. Until we learn to be objective, assess politicians and vote for them on the basis of their antecedents and desire to perform, not all these south west north divide (wailers and zombies as some people choose to christen them), then bro, let the military come. It took a Jerry Rawlings in Ghana to reset that country and put it back on the path of economic recovery. If we can get that to happen here, no regrets.

Those are my views. I remain apolitical, reason is simple, they make it impossible for right thinking people to aspire to lead. How much is the cost of acquiring forms to elective positions? How many honest and hardworking men and women can afford this? And when you borrow to acquire the forms, won't you pay back with interest? where will the money come from? Looting.

Compare the scenario with the western states you spoke about. We deserve whatever comes to us bro

Bro we hear the quote many time, your vote is your power. You may not have the vote to change the top at federal level but surely your vote can count at the grassroot. I'll give an example. There are 2 big parties in uk, labour and conservative, last local election a woman won a council seat under the name RUBBISH party, it started as a joke, all she want to do for the council is improve cleanliness, sanitation through regular rubbish collection. Now she has a vote. We should be voting for individuals more at the grassroots not for a party.

1 Like

Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by buffalowings: 9:51am On May 17, 2017
Today's soldiers don't have any balls

If there is a coup
I will support it

1 Like

Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by BABANGBALI: 9:51am On May 17, 2017
Honestly I won't be surprised if there is anything like coup in the country, the whole thing has been scripted just waiting for the actors to get on the stage and act. The plot is, buhari travels out, the khaki boys from the north strike and take over so as to get rid of Osinbajo and the west from completing buhari's term, organize elections and hand over to another northerner. We are waiting and watching

1 Like

Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by win2kwire: 9:54am On May 17, 2017
MrEverest:
And that will ultimately lead to the total disintegration of Nigeria. This is not 1983, how many countries in the world today have military regimes? The fulani and their hausa and kanuri brothers will be pushing their luck too far. The dynamics of Nigeria has changed tremendously, the moment the coup happens, the yorubas will see it as a repeat of 1993, the middle belt are already reeling under oppression from the core north, the N.Delta are already feeling cheated while majority of Igbos no longer see themselves as Nigerians! A team up by these four disparate groups will definitly overwhelm the fulani, hausa and kanuri hegemony. I'm seeing Nigeria finally sliding into a Bosnia kind of conflagration with disastrious consequencies on the whole of Africa and even Europe considering the millions of refugees that will surge from our borders!

I don't think disintegration of Nigeria is a bad thing, I seriously welcome it and you should too.
Nigeria is a need of a serious overhaul, let it break up and ok some people will die but that is the price to pay for this contraption called a country!

1 Like

Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by DJInfluence: 9:57am On May 17, 2017
BetaThings:

Calling a President incompetent, asking him to resign etc are legitimate
But calling for a coup, and at a time like this is reckless

Maybe to you. But for me, reckless is watching by while those thieves called politicians continue to not only pilfer the country dry, but also stolen the future of the next generation as well. So if a coup is what it takes to drive them en masse, then so be it.
Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by DeepSight(m): 10:04am On May 17, 2017
mansakhalifa:
I am laughing really hard at some of the comments here defending and upholding "democracy". A military take-over is the last thing we need. True. But then look at it this way,what we have been operating since 1999 isn't exactly a democracy. A lot of what were obtainable during the military are still obtainable today and truth be told with the way things are going it will take a huge streak of luck to keep the military out for long. As a keen student of Nigerian history,I have observed that the very factors that led to the coups witnessed in the country prior to 1999 are still very much inherent in our politics. Corruption,do-or-die politics,nepotism and tribalism,etc. So,seriously,we have been very lucky to have kept the military out for 18 good years.

Dem no born dem well to even think am.
Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by jude90(m): 10:09am On May 17, 2017
born to rule mentality is dragging this country backward
Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by Nobody: 10:10am On May 17, 2017
win2kwire:

I don't think disintegration of Nigeria is a bad thing, I seriously welcome it and you should too.
Nigeria is a need of a serious overhaul, let it break up and ok some people will die but that is the price to pay for this contraption called a country!
Some people will die?Tf??No wahala sha u il be among them
Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by Nobody: 10:12am On May 17, 2017
DJInfluence:

Maybe to you. But for me, reckless is watching by while those thieves called politicians continue to not only pilfer the country dry, but also stolen the future of the next generation as well. So if a coup is what it takes to drive them en masse, then so be it.
So u think d army men wuldnt steal their own too?Nd unlik now u theere not accuse a head of state of corruption.In fact lemme leave u to wallow in ur ignorance boy.Ur were nt born when dey were in power in sure of that

3 Likes

Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by kelechi17(m): 10:16am On May 17, 2017
MrEverest:
And that will ultimately lead to the total disintegration of Nigeria. This is not 1983, how many countries in the world today have military regimes? The fulani and their hausa and kanuri brothers will be pushing their luck too far. The dynamics of Nigeria has changed tremendously, the moment the coup happens, the yorubas will see it as a repeat of 1993, the middle belt are already reeling under oppression from the core north, the N.Delta are already feeling cheated while majority of Igbos no longer see themselves as Nigerians! A team up by these four disparate groups will definitly overwhelm the fulani, hausa and kanuri hegemony. I'm seeing Nigeria finally sliding into a Bosnia kind of conflagration with disastrious consequencies on the whole of Africa and even Europe considering the millions of refugees that will surge from our borders!
I'm all in for it ..let d ovatro hapn I pray and we will finally have enough reason to announce Biafra republic and begin d immediate invasion of Fulani and Hausa states to slaughter dem all...I pray dey ovathrow osinbanjo...Biafra loading

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by joenor(m): 10:22am On May 17, 2017
Before Buratai asked the army to be caution of what they say, I strongly feel his hand is on this. this our bristle president, abeg do well and stay your seat. Beside Osinbajo should be careful, I foreseen fowl play with the Buratai warming
Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by ModsWillKillNL: 10:24am On May 17, 2017
BABANGBALI:
Honestly I won't be surprised if there is anything like coup in the country, the whole thing has been scripted just waiting for the actors to get on the stage and act. The plot is, buhari travels out, the khaki boys from the north strike and take over so as to get rid of Osinbajo and the west from completing buhari's term, organize elections and hand over to another northerner. We are waiting and watching

Impossible!

Not in this time and age.

All the soldiers are not on the same page.

Nigeria wont know peace...MKO comes to mind... smiley
Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by ModsWillKillNL: 10:30am On May 17, 2017
Ngokafor:

[s]...Dont be deceived my dear...regardless of whatever Osibanjo does,the north through the military via buratai will strike with a coup if buhari dies and Osibanjo takes over..

...They will hang on till 2019 to conduct an election for a northerner to win..buratai and his gang of outlaws are just fooling themselves.[/s]

Rubbish!

The northerners and their officers are smarter than this.

They'd rather wait to vote out Osinbajo should he seek a first term in a free and fair election.

Don't let envy of Yorubas blind your sense of reasoning.
Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by Tecno66: 10:31am On May 17, 2017
alphonsojaybaz:

Source: https://www.google.com.ng/amp/www.premiumtimesng.com/news/231436-stay-off-politics-army-chief-buratai-warns-nigerian-soldiers-as-coup-rumours-spread.html/amp
The man issuing the warning is suspect number one. They are planning what to do in case baba no make am so that power no go shift. Na one police say he go kill 200 so.
Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by ModsWillKillNL: 10:33am On May 17, 2017
signz:

Simple!!!

This is just the problem. Northern politicians are also scared that Osibanjo may pull a GEJ stunt if anything happens to PMB and contest in 2019.

That's why you see Junaid Mohammed issuing all kinds of statements. Now bet me by ending of 2017 and if Buhari is still not back, North will start issuing threats of making Nigeria ungovernable.

Unlike GEJ's era they'll be met by an equally fierce resistance in all ramifications similar to what Abacha endured in his tenure.

Yorubas can never be intimidated or threatened.
Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by DJInfluence: 10:34am On May 17, 2017
Oreoo:
So u think d army men wuldnt steal their own too?Nd unlik now u theere not accuse a head of state of corruption.In fact lemme leave u to wallow in ur ignorance boy.Ur were nt born when dey were in power in sure of that
That is just petty. You don´t know me from adam, so don´t call me ignorance or boy. But i do agree with you though about leaving you to your thought. But know that maturity means respecting someone elses opinion even if you dont agree with it, not stooping so low as to start calling names or assuming you know how old or as the case may be, how young they are.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obasanjo: I Ran Away From Arabic Qur’anic School Over Fear Of The Cane / Jonathan Campaign Bus And Hilux Set On Fire At Suleja / Duoye Diri: Pastor Adeboye Told Me I Would Recover My Mandate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.