Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,319 members, 7,957,850 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 09:59 PM

Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers (44656 Views)

El-rufai Returns To Nigeria After Widespread Rumours Of Being Dead. Pictures / Emmanuel Nwobosi And Nnamdi Kanu Meet In Israel, Speaks On 1966 Military Coup / Buratai Warns Commanders Against Fleeing From Terrorists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by Kc3000: 8:36am On May 17, 2017
I highly doubt it, the current crop of junior officers aren't made of the same stuff as their highly ambitious and adventurous predecessors. However, those three old men that met in Minna a few weeks ago, and their cohorts could find some loyalists in the military to do their bidding.

5 Likes

Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by Nobody: 8:37am On May 17, 2017
I can bet my cash, buratai isvd one planning a coup.he is just using a diversionary tactic. Last sunday i saw a post on nairaland dt buratai is planning a military coup.I just ignored it and i think the mod also removed the post.In every rumours in Nigeria, there us always an atom of truth. It was said dt the cabal asked osinbajo to resign in advance, now the scenario is playing out. It was said dt elrufai wanted to succeed buhari....it was said dt buratai was going to deploy all d military top brass, dx he did with no query. Now ,think objectively, all the GOC in southern Nigeria are hausafulani n buratai loyalist.
Who can stop buratai b4 he returns us to d stone age of military rule.dz is a corrupt serving coas. We haven't faced corruption, all the past hx n cases of corruption in Nigeria will be a child play to what buratai wilk wrought on the nation

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by leofab(f): 8:39am On May 17, 2017
This is serious.. all these northerners to make sure Osinbajo don't take over.. let's be watching

2 Likes

Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by Funkybabee(f): 8:40am On May 17, 2017
so this northern people mean this business!!!
if they can't accept osinbanjo to rule when their baba fall down they should kuku let us split instead of trying to makes a coup abi awa la ko ba won ni!!!!

1 Like

Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by Richydos(m): 8:41am On May 17, 2017
zemaik:
It is like buhari is destined to be removed from office each time he resurfaces...August 27, 1985 comes to mind. Come to think of it, he is better off forced out by young officers than die in office on health grounds.
Seconded.... His first time in office was managed by his vice "Idiagbon" n now wat do we still have... goddammit
He was ousted outta office when he was out of d country on his first time in office N now he's out again... THEY SAY IT'S A RUMOUR but we all that in every rumour there's an atom of........ *lip sealed

1 Like

Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by Saintp(m): 8:44am On May 17, 2017
It seems some people are having a plan B should in case PMB does not make it. Hmm. God forbid bad thing.
Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by sunnysunny69(m): 8:45am On May 17, 2017
hardbody:

Where is the Freedom of speech in NL.

I get banned at will for saying what i can justify but because one MOD is not comfortable with it, i get a knock, so what is the difference? There will be no difference jo, so perhaps we can just start another republic by ousting this one and starting all over again after the military might have done like 16 years, a new one toppling the former every four years. Perhaps when we come back from the ashes, politicians will have their brains reset.
I don't pray for one, don't know why you wish for one. Military never works for Nigeria. It's one reason we are so backward a nation. I have lived overseas for some years in a democratic setting, if you experience such you won't wish for a military regime.

2 Likes

Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by Ololanla: 8:50am On May 17, 2017
maiunguwar:
Long overdue

LOL
Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by Le2money(m): 8:51am On May 17, 2017
May God bless u abundantly..... I love ur point

Funkybabee:
so this northern people mean this business!!!
if they can't accept osinbanjo to rule when their baba fall down they should kuku let us split instead of trying to makes a coup abi awa la ko ba won ni!!!!

1 Like

Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by 2badForReal: 8:51am On May 17, 2017
Bros there is nothing like that, tell me who you wan kill after come talk say Na fail coup Answer me !!!!!!!!
Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by Nobody: 8:53am On May 17, 2017
@Tolulopefinest For or against? My answer:Neither. In moments like these,I just watch events closely and observe.

1 Like

Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by Zulu212: 8:54am On May 17, 2017
Me i don't trust that burutai...OSIBANJO should bann him from coming close to the villa or best still put him on relieve

1 Like

Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by emmaitive(m): 8:57am On May 17, 2017
this is notin buh the handwork of islamic republic of northern nigeria to seize power.. since it is aparent that bubu cannot continue, and seein dt the next man to take the baton is a southern xtrian...they will want to try dea best..but trust God nah, dea plan has already failed..God pass them sha

3 Likes

Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by Lloydfolarin: 8:58am On May 17, 2017
HungerBAD:
Mere rumours.

In Tuface voice" Nothing dey happen "

We will resist any kind of Coup,even if it is with rocks and sticks.

The worst democratic government is better than the best military government.

Shut up there. Did u see military owing salary for just one month talk less of 15 months

1 Like

Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by legalvoice(m): 8:58am On May 17, 2017
adadike281:
osinbanjo should just tread with caution coz buratai might even be d one plotting d coup

Noted
Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by mudiana(m): 8:58am On May 17, 2017
wetin em dey wait for. make em take o jare

1 Like

Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by kpaminose: 9:02am On May 17, 2017
OrestesDante:
Military government? Unless we have a 'ready-to-help -Nigeria' military government.

Nigeria will be in shambles if a corrupt military government comes to power. We will remember Buhari's and Jonathan's regime as good times.

Believe me!
The only government that will be worse than this present government is Buhari coming back as a military president. There has never been, and there will never be any Nigerian as incompetent and blood thirsty like Buhari. A known dullard and murderer. A terrorist that unleashed his terrorist boys in the guise of FUlani herdsmen protected by the Army and Airforce to invade and destroy people that don't have the same faith as him

2 Likes

Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by Aimwest(m): 9:06am On May 17, 2017
I said yesterday day that something big is about to happen and all we the south can engage in is e-war. The north are planning and planning big, they doing all they can to hold on to power. They have rendered all the top Ibo and Yoruba military men powerless by taking away soldiers back from them and post them to where they are useless without any soldiers. South something big is coming and only a fool we never see this.

3 Likes

Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by Funkybabee(f): 9:07am On May 17, 2017
Le2money:
May God bless u abundantly..... I love ur point

Abi wetin u think. if they start military era now na they go rule us pass cuz they are the head of all forces, instead of trying war make them let's us splits and be ruling themselves. nobody go drag it from them,we also go live our own life.

2 Likes

Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by signz: 9:09am On May 17, 2017
win2kwire:
Nothing more than Northern soliders refusing to accept Osinbajo if Buhari does not survive.

Simple!!!

This is just the problem. Northern politicians are also scared that Osibanjo may pull a GEJ stunt if anything happens to PMB and contest in 2019.

That's why you see Junaid Mohammed issuing all kinds of statements. Now bet me by ending of 2017 and if Buhari is still not back, North will start issuing threats of making Nigeria ungovernable.
Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by AreaFada2: 9:15am On May 17, 2017
Buhari did same to Shagari. And Shagari's govt was far better than this one.

Maybe others are just ambitious like Buhari was as a young man.

Nigeria is a failed state. It hardly matters who rules be it military or a sick old man.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by MrEverest(m): 9:16am On May 17, 2017
win2kwire:
Nothing more than Northern soliders refusing to accept Osinbajo if Buhari does not survive.
And that will ultimately lead to the total disintegration of Nigeria. This is not 1983, how many countries in the world today have military regimes? The fulani and their hausa and kanuri brothers will be pushing their luck too far. The dynamics of Nigeria has changed tremendously, the moment the coup happens, the yorubas will see it as a repeat of 1993, the middle belt are already reeling under oppression from the core north, the N.Delta are already feeling cheated while majority of Igbos no longer see themselves as Nigerians! A team up by these four disparate groups will definitly overwhelm the fulani, hausa and kanuri hegemony. I'm seeing Nigeria finally sliding into a Bosnia kind of conflagration with disastrious consequencies on the whole of Africa and even Europe considering the millions of refugees that will surge from our borders!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by Nobody: 9:19am On May 17, 2017
TheKingdom:
Buhari and Burati, two men that should be ashamed of themselves. Does he even know where Baba is or if Baba has the mindset to even command the security of the Western World companies resources, I mean, federal Republic of Nigeria lol?

They cant even beat Cameroon, yet from time to time they get erection and want to make noise to civilians. I don't blame them, because those civilians love their pastors, love the English premier league as if their papa get am', and love dancing to rubbish called Davido.

Too bad
RESPECT!!!!!
Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by Nigeriadondie: 9:19am On May 17, 2017
HungerBAD:
Mere rumours.

U ve not resisted this sham called democracy na when soldiers enter u go fit face them or na inside bush u go run enter

3 Likes

Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by Nobody: 9:20am On May 17, 2017
Bring it on!....good riddance!
Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by Nobody: 9:21am On May 17, 2017
hmmm
Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by Nobody: 9:22am On May 17, 2017
kpaminose:
The only government that will be worse than this present government is Buhari coming back as a military president. There has never been, and there will never be any Nigerian as incompetent and blood thirsty like Buhari. A known dullard and murderer. A terrorist that unleashed his terrorist boys in the guise of FUlani herdsmen protected by the Army and Airforce to invade and destroy people that don't have the same faith as him

all right!
Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by Nigeriadondie: 9:22am On May 17, 2017
HungerBAD:
Mere rumours.

U ve not resisted this sham called democracy na when soldiers enter u go fit face them or na inside bush u go run enter
Lets not deceive ourselves d current democracy is a mess that serves only a few. If a well intentioned coup is possible, it has my support and I guess many other.
If u want a coup now choose like if no choose share
Re: Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers by abdulwastecx(m): 9:22am On May 17, 2017
MrEverest:
And that will ultimately lead to the total disintegration of Nigeria. This is not 1983, how many countries in the world today have military regimes? The fulani and their hausa and kanuri brothers will be pushing their luck too far. The dynamics of Nigeria has changed tremendously, the moment the coup happens, the yorubas will see it as a repeat of 1993, the middle belt are already reeling under oppression from the core north, the N.Delta are already feeling cheated while majority of Igbos no longer see themselves as Nigerians! A team up by these four disparate groups will definitly overwhelm the fulani, hausa and kanuri hegemony. I'm seeing Nigeria finally sliding into a Bosnia kind of conflagration with disastrious consequencies on the whole of Africa and even Europe considering the millions of refugees that will surge from our borders!

Good point

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerians Can Use VPN To Access Twitter - Farooq Kperogi Tells Lai Mohammed / Enugu Shuts Down As Sit At Home Bites Harder / Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.