Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,668 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

How Lagos May Be Underdeveloping The Rest Of Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Lagos May Be Underdeveloping The Rest Of Nigeria (4419 Views)

Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke / How Lagos May Be Underdeveloping The Rest Of Nigeria - Ynaija / How The North Is Underdeveloping Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Lagos May Be Underdeveloping The Rest Of Nigeria by Basic123: 4:46pm On May 17, 2017
MasterChen:
It's not Lagos's fault, It's the fault of those states themselves. The administrators especially.

Besides the ports, the major reason why Lagos is thriving is because that's where Nigeria's best brains are. Whose fault is it that other 35 states are losing their human resources to Lagos? In fact, one of the biggest losers is Ibadan and she has herself to blame. Ibadan had the best brains in the SW until Post Bola Ige administrators messed things up. After that period, Ibadan became the butt of jokes about Shoprite escalators.

That has changed though. The oldies and trendsetters have started returning home. There is like a low-key think home movement most people aren't aware of

All Nigerian states need to emulate this and stop coming up with all sorts of fake conspiracies about Lagos doing certain things in the background to stop other states from thriving.

If the right infrastructure is in place, people will stay at home
yeah,It has changed,Ibadan really changed under Ajimobi.I cant wait for the completion of expansion of Iwo road-gate in to 8 lanes.

3 Likes

Re: How Lagos May Be Underdeveloping The Rest Of Nigeria by Blue3k(m): 4:50pm On May 17, 2017
Basic123:
lolz

you can see him listing Aba,onitsha when he forgot to mention kaduna.

By the way,Lagos is not a city.Its a conurbation of cities.That is why,I laugh when Igbo are trying to capitalize on Oba unknowledgable statement..which cities of lagos conurbation belongs to benin?

Ikorodu

Eko

Apapa

festac

Agege

Lekki

Badagri

Ikeja

Why don't you guys call it Lagos metroplex. The way you describe it it sound like DFW metroplex. Basically you might now of Dallas Texas and Fort Worth Texas. The smaller cities in metro like Irving, Arlington, Richardson etc probably not.

1 Like

Re: How Lagos May Be Underdeveloping The Rest Of Nigeria by Basic123: 4:53pm On May 17, 2017
MasterChen:
Olokola that should have been completed under Mimiko, he and Amosun were playing politics with it. Today, that project is a shadow of itself

Same thing with many of those projects that should have been executed in the SS but for silly politics the regional leaders played with them.

Attempts have been made by the FG to take the pressure off Lagos yet, the same people who should make things easier are the ones hindering the progress of their states
...The best example is the relocation of dangote refinery from Ondo states to Lagos.LAGOS??.....LAGOS AGAIN.I was highly disappointed.

I later learnt that fashola/tinubu won him over taking advantage of mimiko lack of incentives and encouragement from him.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Lagos May Be Underdeveloping The Rest Of Nigeria by Basic123: 4:53pm On May 17, 2017
Re: How Lagos May Be Underdeveloping The Rest Of Nigeria by arinze2015: 5:01pm On May 17, 2017
Basic123:
lolz

you can see him listing Aba,onitsha when he forgot to mention kaduna.

By the way,Lagos is not a city.Its a conurbation of cities.That is why,I laugh when Igbo are trying to capitalize on Oba unknowledgable statement..which cities of lagos conurbation belongs to benin?

Ikorodu

Eko

Apapa

festac

Agege

Lekki

Badagri

Ikeja

So I should have leave aba and Onitsha that I know for kadunna that I know nothing about or must I mention all Nigeria cities before bringing out my point
Bro go and sit down
Re: How Lagos May Be Underdeveloping The Rest Of Nigeria by Basic123: 5:04pm On May 17, 2017
arinze2015:
So I should have leave aba and Onitsha that I know for kadunna that I know nothing
Bro go and sit down
...Go and sleep.

when mentioning the major cities nigeria,sentiments and tribalism apart...Kaduna will come before Aba and onitsha.

only enugu=kaduna.

2 Likes

Re: How Lagos May Be Underdeveloping The Rest Of Nigeria by arinze2015: 5:06pm On May 17, 2017
Basic123:
...Go and sleep.

when mentioning the major cities nigeria,sentiments and tribalism apart...Kaduna will come before Aba and onitsha.

only enugu=kaduna.
Pls I will reply you in the night I dont have your time now okay
Re: How Lagos May Be Underdeveloping The Rest Of Nigeria by Basic123: 5:11pm On May 17, 2017
arinze2015:
lolz...who is expecting your tribalistic and subjective reply.

4 Likes

Re: How Lagos May Be Underdeveloping The Rest Of Nigeria by Basic123: 5:12pm On May 17, 2017
arinze2015:
Re: How Lagos May Be Underdeveloping The Rest Of Nigeria by deomelo: 5:44pm On May 17, 2017
Basic123:
...The best example is the relocation of dangote refinery from Ondo states to Lagos.LAGOS??.....LAGOS AGAIN.I was highly disappointed.

I latet learnt fashola/tinubu won him over taking advantage of mimiko lack of incentives and encouragement from him.

Fashola did everything under the sun to move that project from Ondo to Lagos state. Mimiko and his unintelligent PDP clowns thought it was politics, but Fashola was eyeing economics and monumental $15 billion investments and sustained and decades of IGR base for his state.

Progressives Congress (APC) in Ondo state, Prince Folusho Adefemi, yesterday criticised the alleged relocation of the proposed Dangote Refinery from Ondo state to another location in Lagos state.
According to him, the refinery project would have provided more than 500,000 skilled, semi-skilled and non-skilled labour force in the state.

Speaking after his tour of the 18 local government areas to mobilise delegates for next month’s primary election, Adefemi promised that the refinery would be relocated to the state as he would use his cordial relationship with Alhaji Aliko Dangote, if he eventually gets the mandate of the people as governor, to urge a rethink.

https://www.today.ng/news/nigeria/150552/ondo-guber-aspirant-laments-relocation-dangote-refinery

And listen to the joker above promising to relocate the refinery back to Ondo state. Gunny people.

3 Likes

Re: How Lagos May Be Underdeveloping The Rest Of Nigeria by Maduawuchukwu(m): 5:47pm On May 17, 2017
Nice topic. The reasons for Lagos' greatness are multifaceted. To me the first reason is the
headstart lagos had before other cities, the cluelesness of other major endowed regions like the Niger-Delta states which ought to utilize their proximity to cheap sources of gas to their advantage so as to attract companies, failure of the Federal government to exploit other natural resources whose ownership it forced on itself and then the maturity and good thinking of the Lagos elite which has exploited hidden gold mines as well as placed a "ban" on violent politics as is practised in the Niger-Delta thereby ensuring a peaceful environment for foreign investment. One cannot also rule out the failure of the FG to develop other seaports in areas with even better port potentials as a factor.
However, some states are rising up and the ride is gradually changing. Lagos will remain great but so to will other states. Right now, states like Anambra, Enugu, Imo, Abia, etc are growing at a rapid pace. The state governors are investing in infrastructure, Security is been taken seriously and most importantly the message of "come back home and invest" is really bringing results. So with time entrepreneurs who would have zeroed in on Lagos will leave their comfort zone and consider other areas. We can see this pattern emerging with Innoson, Orange pharmaceuticals, the Chain of Hotels in Imo State, the energy city in Aba and so many other instances.

2 Likes

Re: How Lagos May Be Underdeveloping The Rest Of Nigeria by Maduawuchukwu(m): 5:50pm On May 17, 2017
deomelo:

Fashola did everything under the sun to move that project from Ondo to Lagos state. Mimiko and his unintelligent PDP clowns thought it was politics, but Fashola was eyeing economics and monumental $15 billion investments and sustained and decades of IGR base for his state.

And listen to the joker above promising to relocate the refinery back to Ondo state. Gunny people.

That relocation was very painful. Ondo just lost billions worth of investment over land matter! That should tell you how un serious some of our governors are. He should have done everything to make it stay there.

3 Likes

Re: How Lagos May Be Underdeveloping The Rest Of Nigeria by deomelo: 6:19pm On May 17, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

That relocation was very painful. Ondo just lost billions worth of investment over land matter! That should tell you how un serious some of our governors are. He should have done everything to make it stay there.

Lagos gave away over 2 thousand acres of the most valuable/coastal land in Africa to Dangote, but all Mimiko and Ondo state had to give up was some less valuable bush land in Ondo state.

The general Psyche of leaders in Lagos is way too superior and un-Nigerian. They think more about state than self and politics.

When they say Eko o ni baje, they know what they are talking about.

6 Likes

Re: How Lagos May Be Underdeveloping The Rest Of Nigeria by ODVanguard: 6:25pm On May 17, 2017
deomelo:

Lagos gave away over 2 thousand acres of the most valuable/coastal land in Africa to Dangote, but all Mimiko and Ondo state had to give up was some less valuable bush land in Ondo state.

The general Psyche of leaders in Lagos is way too superior and un-Nigerian. They think more about state than self and politics.

It's that evident mindset that continues to attract the big-spending investors to the state. They know that those at the helm of affairs in the state mean business. Just look at how the Eko Atlantic City vision is already taking shape, not to mention the Dangote refinery and the Lekki free trade zone.

5 Likes

Re: How Lagos May Be Underdeveloping The Rest Of Nigeria by Basic123: 7:10pm On May 17, 2017
deomelo:

That would have been a giant stride in Ondo state industrial development.more industry will have followed.It saddened me then,because I don't want the industrialization to clustered around lagos and ogun alone.lekki in lagos is not bad anyway.

4 Likes

Re: How Lagos May Be Underdeveloping The Rest Of Nigeria by Basic123: 7:16pm On May 17, 2017
deomelo:

Exactly.They are there to behave like a reasonable government.I dont believe eko is currently for show.but "eko is for purpose"

forget about Igbo's demonization of tinubu.

honestly,I wish the whole government machinery is in his hand.

They hate tinubu,but the same man is instrumental to 21st century development of their no man's land.

Honestly,those guys are hypocrites and ingrates.

3 Likes

Re: How Lagos May Be Underdeveloping The Rest Of Nigeria by SGANIVA(m): 7:34pm On May 17, 2017
true .Lagos is the only promising state and city I see in Nigeria. others are just so so .Lagos is blessed and will continue like that even if Nigeria disintegrate.

other cities and some part of country are not doing well because of fg policy , and the civil war .in today s Nigeria , no state in eastern region will challenge Lagos because the structures are there already in Lagos. cities like enugu can easily challenge abuja if Nigeria is restructured and places like onitsha can rival Lagos if restructured also
Re: How Lagos May Be Underdeveloping The Rest Of Nigeria by SGANIVA(m): 7:41pm On May 17, 2017
fg government frustrate any thing that is not in west and north. for example , see how obudu cattle ranch which generates over 30 million dollars in is first operation was frustrated by fg government led customs, Lagos is bond for greatness no doubt but if Nigeria is restructured or divided , many cities will top lagos and abuja very easy
Re: How Lagos May Be Underdeveloping The Rest Of Nigeria by Nobody: 8:42pm On May 17, 2017
sarrki:
The developers are here
By their sentiments ,we shall know dm.
The haus fulani and d developers tried everything humanly possible to underdevelop lagos but dy neva succeeded. They moved all the federal govt parastertals to abuja, d only tin dy did not move was the Atlantic ocean.Bit for the compassion of God ,who blesses lagos dy would have Turner d city of lsgos to a caricature

4 Likes

Re: How Lagos May Be Underdeveloping The Rest Of Nigeria by Nobody: 9:37pm On May 17, 2017
SGANIVA:
fg government frustrate any thing that is not in west and north. for example , see how obudu cattle ranch which generates over 30 million dollars in is first operation was frustrated by fg government led customs, Lagos is bond for greatness no doubt but if Nigeria is restructured or divided , many cities will top lagos and abuja very easy
Biggest lie on dz thread. Wia did u manufacturer ur lie from? Obudu was never an investors destination. Lagos is the dividend for the friendly nature of the yoruba pple.The tourist industry in Nigeria is grossly underdeveloped. Would u as a tourist send ur frd to kidnappers den? The image of niger delta at a time was similar to dt of a kidnaper.
While dt of the hausafulani was identical with boko haram and Sharia. Tinapa was not well mgd.it was just a scam perpetrated by duke et al

3 Likes

Re: How Lagos May Be Underdeveloping The Rest Of Nigeria by SGANIVA(m): 9:57pm On May 17, 2017
you can read up the story on nairaland travel section. there is no much different between Lagos , ph. and onitsha, many companies choose Lagos because of the present infrastructure , the countries major airport , sea port and other basic amenities .enugu , calabar is more beautiful than Abuja before the capital was shifted there
Onward4eva:

Biggest lie on dz thread. Wia did u manufacturer ur lie from? Obudu was never an investors destination. Lagos is the dividend for the friendly nature of the yoruba pple.The tourist industry in Nigeria is grossly underdeveloped. Would u as a tourist send ur frd to kidnappers den? The image of niger delta at a time was similar to dt of a kidnaper.
While dt of the hausafulani was identical with boko haram and Sharia. Tinapa was not well mgd.it was just a scam perpetrated by duke et al
Re: How Lagos May Be Underdeveloping The Rest Of Nigeria by SGANIVA(m): 10:12pm On May 17, 2017
many airline applied to be granted license to land in enugu both cargo and passengers plane but no Vail.
onitsha got its first river s port on 1879 but was destroyed doing the war .if fg treat all regions equal, many cities will rise in Nigeria and not just Lagos
Onward4eva:

Re: How Lagos May Be Underdeveloping The Rest Of Nigeria by laudate: 11:58pm On May 17, 2017
SGANIVA:
many airline applied to be granted license to land in enugu both cargo and passengers plane but no Vail.
onitsha got its first river s port on 1879 but was destroyed doing the war .if fg treat all regions equal, many cities will rise in Nigeria and not just Lagos
List the airlines that applied for licenses to land in Enugu, but were denied the opportunity to do so. sad Please provide the relevant links and url, so we can read and verify! undecided When Stella Ada Oduah was Minister of Aviation, why didn't she license different airlines to carry out operations at Enugu airport? When Kema Chikwe was also a former Minister of Aviation, how come she failed to license many airlines to carry out cargo and passenger operations at Enugu airport, during her own time?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Lagos May Be Underdeveloping The Rest Of Nigeria by ZelibeKristien: 6:15am On May 18, 2017
Basic123:

You are wasting your bro. The 100 level kid is a certified troll.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Are The Benefits Of Being A Nigerian? / Opposition Plotting Trouble Ahead Of 2021 Gov Poll –obiano / Millions Of Nigerians Will Not Have Access To Their Bank Accounts From January

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.