Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,108 members, 7,818,307 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria (101999 Views)

NIMC: National ID Card Pre-enrolment Portal Issues / Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Pick Up Online, / How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by pacespot(m): 10:38pm On May 17, 2017
I haven't even bordered to read but will come back later, thanks op, nice info
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by clems88(m): 10:50pm On May 17, 2017
4+ years its displaying not ready grin naija is a joke
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by RapportNaija(m): 11:17pm On May 17, 2017
madgoat:

How can i change the details of my first and middle name?
change? You could be arrested for leaving false info initially! I wouldnt know anyways, call or visit the nearest NIMC centre
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by madgoat(m): 11:20pm On May 17, 2017
RapportNaija:
change? You could be arrested for leaving false info initially! I wouldnt know anyways, call or visit the nearest NIMC centre

Not false info but i want to interchange my first and middle name.
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by RapportNaija(m): 11:24pm On May 17, 2017
sammydirectly:
RapportNaija,
Please I've lost the temp print out on transit.
What to do?
Although I received a text msg to collect it few years ago, but I couldn't make it to Lag.

I registered at Alausa in 2012 or 2013.
try reaching their customer care line

1 Like

Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by LeJeun3: 11:25pm On May 17, 2017

After 3years.....

Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by Ojeilevbare(m): 3:13am On May 18, 2017
Is there any need tto still have a non-functional government establishment, which is just siphoning govt funds and not productive. In my opinion "SCRAP IT"
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by adontcare(f): 4:00am On May 18, 2017
Since 2015. D card is still preparing. undecided
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by Excuzeme: 5:12am On May 18, 2017
RapportNaija:

Well the only info required in there is name, and "last 6 digits" of ID number... I dont think that will be harmful to anybody.

What is the "touch" doing on that web address?
Answer that first, before you start speculating.

Again, are you saying, if someone collects your full names (Name, Middle name and surname) and also has the last six digits of your national ID, do you realise they can go to the office and collect your Card and then use other details on that card to commit fraud or even use the card to open bogus bank accounts they can use to collect Kidnap ransom?

Look, l am only advising that people err on the side of caution.....l am not forcing anyone not to submit their details.

Wetin concern me sef.
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by lukfame(m): 7:53am On May 18, 2017
mine is actually ready for more than a year now but cant collect it because i misplaced the slip tho i know my NIN number..
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by RapportNaija(m): 8:16am On May 18, 2017
Excuzeme:

Again, are you saying, if someone collects your full names (Name, Middle name and surname) and also has the last six digits of your national ID, do you realise they can go to the office and collect your Card and then use other details on that card to commit fraud or even use the card to open bogus bank accounts they can use to collect Kidnap ransom?

Look, l am only advising that people err on the side of caution.....l am not forcing anyone not to submit their details.

Wetin concern me sef.

Well if you go to the blog post itself, I included a disclaimer. I found this online like everybody, and from trusted sites myself, so I only rewrote. So, telling me "answer" like I am an NIMC agent... And what is bad in touch as a sub-page of website? This link been online like forever, have you seen NIMC come out to report it as fake? Or do you think they dont know about that link? It is okay to be skeptical, but also do it with commonsense. Thanks
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by Patrique90(m): 8:55am On May 18, 2017
kristian98:

bro this national id card tire me o. Just to get my temporary id slip is a problem. I am sick and tired of it and i have been waiting and they have always been telling me to come back later. It has also been a restriction to me in accessing certain services. The last time i went to check, one of their staffs called me asking me to pay 5k so that they will help me clear it and i will get the temporary slip. My greatest fear is that i don't know if the guy is a scam. Is there any way out of this? Am fed up!
Don't bother paying. The temporary one is useless.you can't use it to do anything. Banks don't even accept it .
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by Amicable24: 4:44pm On May 18, 2017
RapportNaija:
The Nigerian Federal Government agency, National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) has a mandate to ensure all citizens of Nigeria possess a National identity (ID) card. There is an enrollment process in place where citizens of Nigeria can walk into any of NIMC centres to register for their National ID card. This National ID card is meant to identify citizens and to avoid illegal immigrants in the country.

What is a National ID card?

A national identity card is a portable document (which is a typically plasticized card with digital embedded information) that each resident or citizen of a country is issued and required to carry as a means of identification.

The NIMC has created an easy process for everyone who participated in the enrollment to check if their permanent plastic ID card is available. The way created to check for availability of National ID card for collection is a web portal.

Below are the requirements to check your card availability status:

1. Laptop or Smartphone (Android, iOS, Windows, etc.)
2. Internet connection (with enough internet data)
3. Full name (First and Last)
4. Last 6 digits of your ID number (remember, the number consist 11 digits and can be found on your Temporary ID card {paper printout}, 14673******)
5. Knowledge of internet usage

Now that we know the requirements, all we need to look at now is how to check your card availability status online. As soon as you finish this process, you will be notified if your National ID card is ready for collection.

Below are steps to check online:

Step 1: Visit this link --- https://touch.nimc.gov.ng

Step 2: Scroll down and click the button that says "Click to proceed" once.

Once you click that, you would be taken to a page where you will be required to fill your enrollment details into a form.

Step 3: The next thing to do is to fill in your details into the form. Correctly input your ‘First name’, ‘Last name’, and your ‘Last six National ID card number’.

Step 4: When you are done, click on the button at the end of the form, "CHECK NOW”, and your National ID card status will be displayed.

As you can see in the image, this card is not yet ready for collection, so that is how the notification message will be displayed.

Source: http://www.rapportnaija.com/2017/05/how-to-check-nimc-national-idcard.html
That 'in a week or so' will be like another one year.. abi is it not Nigeria
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by pinkyruledworld(m): 6:59pm On May 18, 2017
Excuzeme:

Wetin concern me sef.
my brother, theres nothing wrong with the touch, even facebook has touch and I believe that "touch sub-url" was actually designed for tablets.
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:07pm On May 18, 2017
RapportNaija:
try reaching their customer care line

I do not the customers care number on the op.
Thanks. Pls help.
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by LastSurvivor11: 10:21am On Jun 30, 2017
fashrola:
Registered since 2013... And today is 17-05-2017 lol

Pls which one is the nim from the pix
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by sleeveless: 11:49pm On Feb 01, 2018
fashrola:
Registered since 2013... And today is 17-05-2017 lol

Something is definitely wrong with this, u have to go back and demand for solution.
I did my dis Jan and it took me 1week to get d other slip
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by sleeveless: 11:56pm On Feb 01, 2018
berryice:
Dis country is useless..i did mine 2016 feb....uptill now no text message...nd d worst part is d temporary slip is useless..cos dey don't accept it when u wanna use it...is just a waste of time*hiss* undecided

The temporary slip isn't useless unless u are still with the white slip. I have used d the temporary slip with NIN to open a bank account and also update my acct details
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by wiki15(m): 6:52pm On Jun 28, 2018
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by Hemjayy: 3:06pm On Sep 05, 2018
sleeveless:

The temporary slip isn't useless unless u are still with the white slip. I have used d the temporary slip with NIN to open a bank account and also update my acct details

Could you pls expatiate?
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by funlord(m): 6:35am On Oct 20, 2018
olaadesie:
Papsey!!! Godbless

Use the link on my profile to contact me because my mail does not work
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by karlboss: 7:31am On Nov 05, 2019
How do I get this national id card. The slip they gave me can't be used in banks
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by beinstein(m): 11:28am On Nov 05, 2019
karlboss:
How do I get this national id card. The slip they gave me can't be used in banks

Why?
You can. I've used it in the bank not very long ago.
Perhaps your bank branch are highly ignorant of it.
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by Omola8(m): 7:55pm On Jan 10, 2020
Who received a message that their id card is ready for collection.i just received mine
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by Omola8(m): 7:58pm On Jan 10, 2020
richinvestor:
I don get my own last month
pls what did they ask you to come with,I just received text that my I'd card is ready
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by wkkwl: 5:01pm On Jan 15, 2020
how do i check if my own is ready for pick up?
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by motherlode: 7:21pm On Jun 11, 2020
I can't find the Click to proceed button... Anyone with same issues here?
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by Frankmiles: 11:27pm On Jul 05, 2020
Maybe by 2020, my own go ready! undecided

How far? grin

1 Like

Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by iamdavicky: 8:05pm On Sep 13, 2020
So afa e don ready? ���
Maybe by 2020, my own go ready! undecided
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by iamdavicky: 8:05pm On Sep 13, 2020
When did you register?
Omola8:
pls what did they ask you to come with,I just received text that my I'd card is ready

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Transparent Glass Public Toilet That Becomes Opaque When Occupied In Tokyo(Pics) / Nairaland News & Gossips / The Tallest Man And Woman Ever In The World (photos And Videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.