Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,143 members, 7,953,525 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:04 PM

See What Wike Was Spotted Driving As He Flags Off Old Aba Road Construction(pics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See What Wike Was Spotted Driving As He Flags Off Old Aba Road Construction(pics (3259 Views)

What Wike Said During Buhari’s Visit To Rivers / Assassination Report: Wike Was 400 Meters Away From Scene – Rivers Police / Wike Drives A Bulldozer As He Flags Off Road Construction (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What Wike Was Spotted Driving As He Flags Off Old Aba Road Construction(pics by sar33: 8:02pm On May 17, 2017
STOP ALLOCATING SOLDIERS TO POLITICIANS , GOVERNOR WIKE  TELLS ARMY HIGH COMMAND

Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has urged the Army High Command  to desist from posting battalions of soldiers to politicians, saying it is counter-productive  and a threat to national security.

The governor said that the Chief of Army Staff, General Tukur Buratai should go beyond complaining that politicians are hobnobing with soldiers and take action to check the disturbing trend.

Speaking during the flag off of the construction of the Old Aba Road by Mbano junction in Oyigbo Local Government Area on Wednesday , Governor Wike said all over the world, only the Commander-in-Chief has soldiers guarding him.

He regretted that  in Nigeria, the authorities  have made it a practice  to allocate soldiers to politicians  in the good books of the Federal Government, with such soldiers used for undemocratic actions against the people.

He said: "Who are those approving soldiers battalions of soldiers to politicians?  If they don't want soldiers to follow politicians, they should stop giving soldiers to politicians.

"It is only in Nigeria that soldiers follow politicians.  They should stop soldiers from being security details   to politicians.  Somebody  comes home and they will give him battalions of soldiers and they say soldiers should not hobnob with politicians.

"All over the world, it is only the commander-in-chief that is allowed to use soldiers. But here, you see soldiers following  politicians everywhere ".

On the construction of Old Aba Road by Mbano Junction in Oyigbo Local Government Area , the governor assured the people of the area that the road will be completed on schedule.

He added that the Old Market Road to  Afam will be awarded and constructed by his administration  in Oyigbo Local Government Area.

He said  since the APC Federal Government has refused to complete the East West Road, his administration will continue  to develop  alternative  routes to lubricate  the Rivers economy.

He said that his performance  has silenced the APC, urging the people of the state to turn out enmasse  for the voter registration, so that they can vote out failed politicians.

In his remarks, Works Commissioner, Mr Iheanyichuwu Bathuel said that Old Aba Road by Mbano junction is a critical  economic  road that connects neighbouring  states.

Also speaking, Caretaker Committee Chairman of Oyigbo Local Government Area, Dr Gbali Chisom lauded Governor Wike  for commencing the construction of the road.

Highpoint of the road flag off was the presentation of gifts to the Rivers State Governor by the political leader of Oyigbo, Ambassador Desmond Akawor 

Simeon Nwakaudu,

Special Assistant to the Rivers State Governor, Electronic Media.

17th May, 2017.

cc; Lalasticlala,mynd44

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/05/stop-allocating-soldiers-to-politicians.html

1 Like

Re: See What Wike Was Spotted Driving As He Flags Off Old Aba Road Construction(pics by sar33: 8:03pm On May 17, 2017

Re: See What Wike Was Spotted Driving As He Flags Off Old Aba Road Construction(pics by DieBuhari: 8:03pm On May 17, 2017
Wike is everything Awolowo dreamt of being before his unfortunate suicide.

10 Likes

Re: See What Wike Was Spotted Driving As He Flags Off Old Aba Road Construction(pics by naijafire(m): 8:06pm On May 17, 2017
Mr Project driving the Project Tool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Wike Was Spotted Driving As He Flags Off Old Aba Road Construction(pics by Nobody: 8:08pm On May 17, 2017
naijafire:
Mr Project driving the Project Tool
Re: See What Wike Was Spotted Driving As He Flags Off Old Aba Road Construction(pics by ejanla077: 8:24pm On May 17, 2017
DieBuhari:
Wike is everything Awolowo dreamt of being before his unfortunate suicide.

noooooooo

don't say dat.

we yoruba muslims will come for you now..

he became RATAK LEGEND.... NOT SUICIDE.

1 Like

Re: See What Wike Was Spotted Driving As He Flags Off Old Aba Road Construction(pics by Partnerbiz(f): 8:38pm On May 17, 2017
Make i fry teeth?
Re: See What Wike Was Spotted Driving As He Flags Off Old Aba Road Construction(pics by EzePromoe: 8:58pm On May 17, 2017
Wike finally remembers these marginalized Obigbo peeps. Thank God o. After over 10 years of this road's horrible state. I was going through Timber road and it's completely tarred that I could hardly remember where I was.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Wike Was Spotted Driving As He Flags Off Old Aba Road Construction(pics by Alitair(m): 10:55pm On May 17, 2017
EzePromoe:
Wike finally remembers these marginalized Obigbo peeps. Thank God o. After over 10 years of this road's horrible state. I was going through Timber road and it's completely tarred that I could hardly remember where I was.

which one is obigbo peepz kwa?
Is it road he is fixing abi obigbo peepz
Re: See What Wike Was Spotted Driving As He Flags Off Old Aba Road Construction(pics by roofplus: 3:01am On May 18, 2017
The Complete Roofing Solutions

Re: See What Wike Was Spotted Driving As He Flags Off Old Aba Road Construction(pics by Nobody: 5:59am On May 18, 2017
Mr. Project. Wike de man!!!!
Re: See What Wike Was Spotted Driving As He Flags Off Old Aba Road Construction(pics by Joysmith2: 6:27am On May 18, 2017
cool shocked cool
Re: See What Wike Was Spotted Driving As He Flags Off Old Aba Road Construction(pics by sanandreas(m): 7:17am On May 18, 2017
Lagos is commissioning bridges. Anambra is also commissioning bridges. Wike just flag off road construction. What is governor Okowa doing?

3 Likes

Re: See What Wike Was Spotted Driving As He Flags Off Old Aba Road Construction(pics by sdindan: 7:28am On May 18, 2017
The army chief should allocate nuclear weapons to politicians if he want.
Lawless country.
Re: See What Wike Was Spotted Driving As He Flags Off Old Aba Road Construction(pics by rozayx5(m): 7:31am On May 18, 2017
cool cool

while in Udom in Akwa Ibom is hiding under debt repayment so as to achieve nothing

anyway, we are still watching, let me see what he will use to seek his second term undecided
Re: See What Wike Was Spotted Driving As He Flags Off Old Aba Road Construction(pics by Margy: 8:46am On May 18, 2017
He had better look into the road that runs from the express junction down to location 15, flood, bad roads and extreme poverty is telling on residents there..finally Gov. Wike please tell those community boys to stay away from all developments, they just look hungry
Re: See What Wike Was Spotted Driving As He Flags Off Old Aba Road Construction(pics by Nobody: 9:47am On May 18, 2017
Wike is fixing old Aba road Oyigbo! I hope it's for real this time. And if it is Wike has my respect and loyalty for the rest of my life.. That's a federal road that was abandoned for nearly 15 years! Yes in 2003, when I attended primary school along that road it was already a bloody shit hole! Exactly why I think we have no need for "central govt" with absolute powers and control of all the resources. The truth is the states even despite corruption would fare far better on their own if they controlled their resources.

Our problem isn't about APC or PDP; it's about failed govt structure

(1) (Reply)

See Excel Sheet Copy Of How PDP Plans To Announce Fake Result On Saturday / CBN To ABCON: Play Greater Role In BDC Sub-sector / #BiafraExit Is Trending On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.