Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,323 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

2017 Batch A, Kebbi Corper. Let's Meet Here - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / 2017 Batch A, Kebbi Corper. Let's Meet Here (3000 Views)

Burial Of Praise Folorunsho, Kebbi Corper Who Died In Accident (Photos) / Adebowale Gasali Azeez: Missing Kebbi Corper (Photo) / Nysc Batch A Kebbi State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2017 Batch A, Kebbi Corper. Let's Meet Here by Mrsecman: 8:08am On May 18, 2017
If you're posted to Kebbi, kindly lets connect here, am Akande Hammed Adedamola, from Osun State, 2017 Batch A Stream1... 08136666516 (Whatsapp)

Join the whatsapp group link or drop your number for add up.

https:///CNqVCJ9hGHpBZfVP6yvJIv

Cheers
Re: 2017 Batch A, Kebbi Corper. Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 8:44am On May 18, 2017
Link isn't opening. Add me up 07061248889
Re: 2017 Batch A, Kebbi Corper. Let's Meet Here by clivenwachukwu: 8:12pm On May 18, 2017
link doesn't work.
Re: 2017 Batch A, Kebbi Corper. Let's Meet Here by Mrsecman: 10:09pm On May 18, 2017
Please, chat me (whatsapp) on 08136666516 for quick add up.

Regards.
Re: 2017 Batch A, Kebbi Corper. Let's Meet Here by christabell18(f): 12:50am On May 19, 2017
plss add me 08064419983
Re: 2017 Batch A, Kebbi Corper. Let's Meet Here by MhizTemmy(f): 3:42am On May 19, 2017
Pls add me 08084840945
Re: 2017 Batch A, Kebbi Corper. Let's Meet Here by dreyh911: 5:46am On May 19, 2017
I
Re: 2017 Batch A, Kebbi Corper. Let's Meet Here by Mrsecman: 11:20am On May 19, 2017
We have arranged a bus to convey us from Osun to Kebbi.

If you're in Osun State or Oyo state, you may decide to join us.

We need just 7more people to full our 2nd Bus..

Osogbo to Kebbi..

Date : 6am on Monday 22/05/2017

Venue: Oja Oba, Opposite Ataoja Palace, Osogbo.

Just pm to pick number

Please, note that this is not for profit or business... We are not taking any advance payment from anyone... You're to pay directly to the driver when u come. You can reserve your seat, so we all go together.
I wish each and every one of us journey mercy, and a successful Service Year. Amen
Re: 2017 Batch A, Kebbi Corper. Let's Meet Here by Mrsecman: 5:17pm On May 19, 2017
Click on this link to join Our whatsapp group

https:///6qdZyzPUoFoJU9I3DM6JsG

New Group for all pcm deployed to Kebbi - 08136666516 for quick add up
Re: 2017 Batch A, Kebbi Corper. Let's Meet Here by nicols1: 7:07pm On May 19, 2017
Please anybody staying in Benin or its environment that was posted to kebbi?
Re: 2017 Batch A, Kebbi Corper. Let's Meet Here by Mrsecman: 8:02am On May 20, 2017
We need just 5more people to full our 2nd Bus

If you're staying in Ibadan, you are advised to join us, as people from Ibadan and environs have joined the Bus already

Osogbo to Kebbi camp (#5000) , PLEASE YOU'RE PAYING TO DRIVER AND NOT ANYONE... NOT FOR PROFIT.. JUST TO GO TOGETHER

DM to pick number: 08136666516

https:///CNqVCJ9hGHpBZfVP6yvJIv
Re: 2017 Batch A, Kebbi Corper. Let's Meet Here by emmagrey2017: 9:01am On May 20, 2017
I was posted to Kebbi.. Any Kebbi corper going from Delta state.. Pls holla or whatsapp @ 07034331077
Re: 2017 Batch A, Kebbi Corper. Let's Meet Here by Mrsecman: 9:07am On May 20, 2017
We need just 4more people to full our 2nd Bus

If you're staying in Ibadan, you are advised to join us, as people from Ibadan and environs have joined the Bus already

Osogbo to Kebbi camp (#5000) , PLEASE YOU'RE PAYING TO DRIVER AND NOT ANYONE... NOT FOR PROFIT.. JUST TO GO TOGETHER

Re: 2017 Batch A, Kebbi Corper. Let's Meet Here by Mrsecman: 6:03pm On May 20, 2017
We need just 2 more people to full our 2nd Bus

Re: 2017 Batch A, Kebbi Corper. Let's Meet Here by Clementoke(m): 6:19pm On May 20, 2017
If u are a graduate frm d health sciences (Doctors, Nurses, Lab scientist etc) posted to Kebbi, Kindly look for how to redeploy from d state. In addition to d inhumane workload in their hospitals, the State Government is no longer paying Corpers again. Some of are trapped here. BE WARNED
Re: 2017 Batch A, Kebbi Corper. Let's Meet Here by Armani3007: 6:21pm On May 20, 2017
Cross country is loading a bus at Asaba, Call the rep on 07064784260
Re: 2017 Batch A, Kebbi Corper. Let's Meet Here by Armani3007: 6:23pm On May 20, 2017
emmagrey2017:
I was posted to Kebbi.. Any Kebbi corper going from Delta state.. Pls holla or whatsapp @ 07034331077

Cross country is loading a bus at Asaba, Call the rep on 07064784260
Re: 2017 Batch A, Kebbi Corper. Let's Meet Here by Araromi1: 8:05pm On May 20, 2017
Pls add me up 07036577486
Re: 2017 Batch A, Kebbi Corper. Let's Meet Here by Araromi1: 8:19pm On May 20, 2017
Anybody posted to kebbi state from Ekiti?
Re: 2017 Batch A, Kebbi Corper. Let's Meet Here by Mrsecman: 12:22am On May 21, 2017
Araromi1:
we're moving from Osun to ilorin to Kebbi
Re: 2017 Batch A, Kebbi Corper. Let's Meet Here by Mrsecman: 12:25am On May 21, 2017
We need just 2 more people to full our 2nd Bus

Re: 2017 Batch A, Kebbi Corper. Let's Meet Here by Preshivano01(m): 11:59am On May 21, 2017
nicols1:
Please anybody staying in Benin or its environment that was posted to kebbi?
am going from Benin too add me on whatsapp 08182878468
Re: 2017 Batch A, Kebbi Corper. Let's Meet Here by taiman1(m): 12:05pm On May 21, 2017
Yes pls call 08138358074 (skywalker)
Araromi1:
Re: 2017 Batch A, Kebbi Corper. Let's Meet Here by Armani3007: 4:52pm On May 21, 2017
If there's anyone going to kebbi from Onitsha-Asaba-Benin axis, there's a bus going from Asaba to the kebbi camp organised by Cross country. Call the rep Oluchi on 07064784260 to book if interested.

The bus plans to depart on Tuesday morning. If you do not have plans yet and you stay in any of the above named areas. Let's travel together.

Good luck everyone
Re: 2017 Batch A, Kebbi Corper. Let's Meet Here by Kingpinukecy(m): 5:47pm On May 28, 2017
#
Re: 2017 Batch A, Kebbi Corper. Let's Meet Here by dreyh911: 6:40pm On Jun 27, 2017
k
Re: 2017 Batch A, Kebbi Corper. Let's Meet Here by engrpheleeks(m): 11:39am On Jun 28, 2017
Hello everyone who made it to the Batch A stream 1 to kebbi state its stephen 08027189831 dakingari was heat and I enjoyed myself thank you Alhaji Lawal Turawa for your hospitality.and to all Platoon 2 members who won the 2017 batch A streAm 1 inter platoon football competiton.precious, biggy,D O S.Army yusuf and Army victor and Army cyril.I missed you .from stephen redeployed to OGUN STATE.
Re: 2017 Batch A, Kebbi Corper. Let's Meet Here by Kingpinukecy(m): 6:11pm On Jun 28, 2017
zero seven zero, three zero six, five two two,zero three
Re: 2017 Batch A, Kebbi Corper. Let's Meet Here by Mrsecman: 12:11am On Jul 08, 2017
Wishing you all the best bro.... Dakingari was fun atleast...
engrpheleeks:
Hello everyone who made it to the Batch A stream 1 to kebbi state its stephen 08027189831 dakingari was heat and I enjoyed myself thank you Alhaji Lawal Turawa for your hospitality.and to all Platoon 2 members who won the 2017 batch A streAm 1 inter platoon football competiton.precious, biggy,D O S.Army yusuf and Army victor and Army cyril.I missed you .from stephen redeployed to OGUN STATE.
Re: 2017 Batch A, Kebbi Corper. Let's Meet Here by onedebos: 12:31pm On Aug 21, 2018
NYSC! Your Father-land!

Here's a day or two from my daily diary of my camp experience at the Dakingari Orientation Camp In Kebbi state.

Wednesday, July 25th 2018
8:30am

How do I start this? There's no exciting intro. I tried to work it oo. I swear I tried. I wanted Lagos. They told me that they'd get me Lagos. I paid the money. Guess where I ended up? Kebbi State! When I sa my call-up letter, I had already told everyone I wasn't going. Kebbi keh? Me that I had been planning Lagos and planning to only spend 1 day in the camp. Kebbi? Only Google could help me. I Googled and Googled and for a state that's pretty uneventful, the information online was pretty sparse. But here I am today, at the airport, sitting in the departure lounge of MM2, sulking it all up and doing it!

I've met a Wale from Babcock, a Bimbo from KWASU - who has spent the last 5mins trying to convince us to "join" her for breakfast while she eats from her stainless bowl with a green cover. None of us is excited about the journey or the weeks ahead, but hey, Shey the Fatherland has called on us, we ain't got no choice. Foreign students ain't getting Lagos and Abuja anymore - we like everyone else now and I'm posted to Kebbi - The land of equity.

I saw a girl earlier with her mum. The mum had asked Wale if he was going to Kebbi. Once she found that out, she quickly said to her daughter "See, he's going too". One of those "mummy's girl" kids. She looked like she was going to cry and all she wanted was her mummy. She made absolutely no attempt to make conversation with us.

8:48am
We've been joined by 3 other people heading in the same direction. Everyone is on their phone.

|| There's an entire story of my journey to the Dakingari camp which I didn't really get a chance to write in between being tired and a dead battery. Just know you'd drive through a long stretch of road for just over an hour to arrive at the camp from the airport. You'll see empty filling stations and lots of government institutions. ||

10:08pm
I've arrived in Camp and come to eat at the popular Mami market. I'm currently all over the place. And my blog tonight will be all over the place too. I'm seated at an Indomie joint in the ever popular "Mami market". I'm eating one pack of noodles and fried eggs. Pretty tasteless if you you ask me. I had a thought the cook would ask me how many pack of noodles I wanted, instead she asked me how many eggs I wanted. I placed an order for 2. It took about 8mins to get done. She came to the ask me "I hope you like it?". Duhh? What am i going to say? Of course I "like" it. I wasn't about to start explaining how dry it was, how tasteless it was, how hard it is. Not only that, don't get started on the crunch. I'm not even sure if the crunch is from the egg shells or sand.
Mosquitoes are biting the heck out of my feet.
Anyhow there's an interesting conversation going on in yoruba beside me. A guy and a girl having a conversation over noodles. Talking about how some other guy wanted the number of a girl he was currently talking to and he wasn't going to give the guy. Guess what, they've condemned the cooks zobo.

*Earlier today*
It took me nearly 3 hours to complete my registration because I'm a foreign student. I noticed the local students queue moved much faster.

I've been drenched in sweat today. From carrying my bed to my room with my bags to running around looking for a document I needed. How can you issue beds immediately people arrive from that kind of journey expecting them to carry it from the issuing area to their rooms with their suitcases aswell? Pretty unfair. Some people spent 16 hours getting here from Port Harcourt by road. You arrive drenched and you're still expected to complete a host of procedures.

I went to check the bathrooms. Wasn't at all impressed. The toilets weren't great either and had no sense of hygiene behind them.

The rooms

The rooms are quite hot. There's barely any space between the bunks, it's almost like you're sleeping on a double bed with someone right beside you.

We have about 20 bunks if not more crammed into a room. I'm not too picky about bunk beds in room but can you please leave enough space between each bunk.

It's really a throwback to my JSS1 hostel days.

10:40pm
I've left the noodle place and returned to the room. I just needed a rest. I was done with all the Mosquitoes and walking about. While trying to get myself ready for bed, power goes. Ok that's normal in Nigeria but I was sure it'd be back within 5mins, it's 10 mins now, no power. And no hope of it coming back. (UPDATE After 25mins, power is restored) And it's so hot! There are two fans in a room 20 bunk beds with some windows and 2 doors for ventilation - of which I feel nothing of. There's some guy in my room with his Bluetooth speakers blasting music - Nigerians and their music eh.

I sit here and keep thinking to myself, I really could be anywhere in the world but I'm here! Why? And once you're in here it's pretty impossible to leave.

Everyone here is speaking pidgin. If you're going to serve polish up on your pidgin and yoruba. You will need it. I've struggled to keep up with the guys, my pidgin just isn't at their level.

I'm lying here hearing songs I've never heard but some other boys in the room know them. See me, Lagos boy thinking I know all the current songs.

Thursday
July 26th
3:30am

The room has been bubbling since about 3am with guys getting ready as if they know what today is all about and what the plan for today. I've kinda gone back to sleep hoping it's all a dream and partly hoping that activities don't actually start till Friday. People are here wearing their khakis and boots - boots that I'm not really sure how I'm going to wear as I was issued a size 9 rather than 11 I registered for.

Network
If you're coming here, get Glo. Airtel isn't so great.

UPDATE: Glo turned out to not be effective. You'd go hours without network. Airtel offered more hope. I had network to browse most times.

During the parade, there were chants of "Hold something" which was a call to grab the waist of the person in front of you as you run around the field. The boys really liked that.
Back-up

I'd continue posting In this thread if I get a few replies and comments.
Re: 2017 Batch A, Kebbi Corper. Let's Meet Here by Shileh(f): 11:01pm On Oct 06, 2018
onedebos:
NYSC! Your Father-land!

Here's a day or two from my daily diary of my camp experience at the Dakingari Orientation Camp In Kebbi state.

Wednesday, July 25th 2018
8:30am

How do I start this? There's no exciting intro. I tried to work it oo. I swear I tried. I wanted Lagos. They told me that they'd get me Lagos. I paid the money. Guess where I ended up? Kebbi State! When I sa my call-up letter, I had already told everyone I wasn't going. Kebbi keh? Me that I had been planning Lagos and planning to only spend 1 day in the camp. Kebbi? Only Google could help me. I Googled and Googled and for a state that's pretty uneventful, the information online was pretty sparse. But here I am today, at the airport, sitting in the departure lounge of MM2, sulking it all up and doing it!

I've met a Wale from Babcock, a Bimbo from KWASU - who has spent the last 5mins trying to convince us to "join" her for breakfast while she eats from her stainless bowl with a green cover. None of us is excited about the journey or the weeks ahead, but hey, Shey the Fatherland has called on us, we ain't got no choice. Foreign students ain't getting Lagos and Abuja anymore - we like everyone else now and I'm posted to Kebbi - The land of equity.

I saw a girl earlier with her mum. The mum had asked Wale if he was going to Kebbi. Once she found that out, she quickly said to her daughter "See, he's going too". One of those "mummy's girl" kids. She looked like she was going to cry and all she wanted was her mummy. She made absolutely no attempt to make conversation with us.

8:48am
We've been joined by 3 other people heading in the same direction. Everyone is on their phone.

|| There's an entire story of my journey to the Dakingari camp which I didn't really get a chance to write in between being tired and a dead battery. Just know you'd drive through a long stretch of road for just over an hour to arrive at the camp from the airport. You'll see empty filling stations and lots of government institutions. ||

10:08pm
I've arrived in Camp and come to eat at the popular Mami market. I'm currently all over the place. And my blog tonight will be all over the place too. I'm seated at an Indomie joint in the ever popular "Mami market". I'm eating one pack of noodles and fried eggs. Pretty tasteless if you you ask me. I had a thought the cook would ask me how many pack of noodles I wanted, instead she asked me how many eggs I wanted. I placed an order for 2. It took about 8mins to get done. She came to the ask me "I hope you like it?". Duhh? What am i going to say? Of course I "like" it. I wasn't about to start explaining how dry it was, how tasteless it was, how hard it is. Not only that, don't get started on the crunch. I'm not even sure if the crunch is from the egg shells or sand.
Mosquitoes are biting the heck out of my feet.
Anyhow there's an interesting conversation going on in yoruba beside me. A guy and a girl having a conversation over noodles. Talking about how some other guy wanted the number of a girl he was currently talking to and he wasn't going to give the guy. Guess what, they've condemned the cooks zobo.

*Earlier today*
It took me nearly 3 hours to complete my registration because I'm a foreign student. I noticed the local students queue moved much faster.

I've been drenched in sweat today. From carrying my bed to my room with my bags to running around looking for a document I needed. How can you issue beds immediately people arrive from that kind of journey expecting them to carry it from the issuing area to their rooms with their suitcases aswell? Pretty unfair. Some people spent 16 hours getting here from Port Harcourt by road. You arrive drenched and you're still expected to complete a host of procedures.

I went to check the bathrooms. Wasn't at all impressed. The toilets weren't great either and had no sense of hygiene behind them.

The rooms

The rooms are quite hot. There's barely any space between the bunks, it's almost like you're sleeping on a double bed with someone right beside you.

We have about 20 bunks if not more crammed into a room. I'm not too picky about bunk beds in room but can you please leave enough space between each bunk.

It's really a throwback to my JSS1 hostel days.

10:40pm
I've left the noodle place and returned to the room. I just needed a rest. I was done with all the Mosquitoes and walking about. While trying to get myself ready for bed, power goes. Ok that's normal in Nigeria but I was sure it'd be back within 5mins, it's 10 mins now, no power. And no hope of it coming back. (UPDATE After 25mins, power is restored) And it's so hot! There are two fans in a room 20 bunk beds with some windows and 2 doors for ventilation - of which I feel nothing of. There's some guy in my room with his Bluetooth speakers blasting music - Nigerians and their music eh.

I sit here and keep thinking to myself, I really could be anywhere in the world but I'm here! Why? And once you're in here it's pretty impossible to leave.

Everyone here is speaking pidgin. If you're going to serve polish up on your pidgin and yoruba. You will need it. I've struggled to keep up with the guys, my pidgin just isn't at their level.

I'm lying here hearing songs I've never heard but some other boys in the room know them. See me, Lagos boy thinking I know all the current songs.

Thursday
July 26th
3:30am

The room has been bubbling since about 3am with guys getting ready as if they know what today is all about and what the plan for today. I've kinda gone back to sleep hoping it's all a dream and partly hoping that activities don't actually start till Friday. People are here wearing their khakis and boots - boots that I'm not really sure how I'm going to wear as I was issued a size 9 rather than 11 I registered for.

Network
If you're coming here, get Glo. Airtel isn't so great.

UPDATE: Glo turned out to not be effective. You'd go hours without network. Airtel offered more hope. I had network to browse most times.

During the parade, there were chants of "Hold something" which was a call to grab the waist of the person in front of you as you run around the field. The boys really liked that.
Back-up

I'd continue posting In this thread if I get a few replies and comments.
Hw was it at d end of d camp did u redeploy or u ar still serving dere? If yes, how is d place

(1) (Reply)

NYSC SOLUTION: Get Your Nysc Green Card Within An Hour / 100% Pure Designer's Oil Perfumes And Fragrance / I Made (#115,000) 2 Weeks After I Was Exempted....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.