Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Police Nab Students, Who Impersonated Customs Officers To Commit Fraud (pic) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Nab Students, Who Impersonated Customs Officers To Commit Fraud (pic) (19954 Views)

More Details On Trader Who Impersonated As Doctor To Treat Patient’s Heart. Pics / Police Officers Catch Men Who Impersonated SARS Operatives In Lagos (Photos) / Yahoo Boy Who Impersonated Ooni Of Ife Dupes Two U.S Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Nab Students, Who Impersonated Customs Officers To Commit Fraud (pic) by Islie: 12:38pm On May 18, 2017
Police nab students, who allegedly impersonated customs officers auctioning cars

Posted By: Precious Igbonwelundu

Three students of Ambrose Ali University (AAU), Ekpoma and Auchi Polytechnic both in Edo State and a 21-year-old man have been arrested by the police for alleged impersonation of the Nigerian Customs Service (NCS) and swindling of social media users.

Proposer Oricha, 19, of Business Administration Department, 21-year-old Samuel Taye, 400 level, Ordinary National Diploma (OND) Electrical Engineering student, Shaka Sumaila and Sunday Aliyu were arrested by operatives of the Inspector-General of Police’ (IGP) Intelligence Response Team (IRT) at Ekpoma.

According to the police, the suspects, who usually posed as Customs officers on Facebook and other social media platforms, defrauded Nigerians several millions of naira in the guise of selling auction vehicles.

It was gathered that their arrests followed series of complaints to the office of the IGP Ibrahim Idris on their activities.

Two IRT teams and operatives of the Tactical Intelligence Unit (TIU) were said to have been deployed to Edo State after several days of analysing on ground intelligence.

The police said the suspects confessed to the crime and explained their modus operandi.

Recovered from the suspects’ mobile phones and laptops were pictures of genuine Customs officers, account numbers they used and correspondence between them and their victims.

In his confessional statement, Aliyu said he has sold five cars. I received N50,000 for Toyota Camry, 150,000 for Toyota Corrolla, N35,000 for Gulf, N50,000 for Toyota Venza and N100,000 for the fifth car but I can’t remember the make.

The Customs is not aware I am doing this. We use accounts given to us by Samuel Taye.

http://thenationonlineng.net/police-arrest-four-customs-impersonators-fraud/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Nab Students, Who Impersonated Customs Officers To Commit Fraud (pic) by dyadeleye(m): 12:41pm On May 18, 2017
Name checkers , una food don land oooo...make una bring plate...oya
#lego#

7 Likes

Re: Police Nab Students, Who Impersonated Customs Officers To Commit Fraud (pic) by OfficialAwol(m): 12:45pm On May 18, 2017
It's Children of Usman Dan Fodio. over!

Ncan enugu branch reporting.

It's AWOL

9 Likes

Re: Police Nab Students, Who Impersonated Customs Officers To Commit Fraud (pic) by Nobody: 12:55pm On May 18, 2017
Only greedy people get scammed. How can a normal person pay 50k for venza? 50k for camry? They're scamming their fellow greedy people

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Nab Students, Who Impersonated Customs Officers To Commit Fraud (pic) by teelaw4life(m): 1:20pm On May 18, 2017
Look at this ones.
Re: Police Nab Students, Who Impersonated Customs Officers To Commit Fraud (pic) by Nobody: 1:46pm On May 18, 2017
Awuf dey run belle.

NCAN recruitment begins on May 29, send your CV to

recruitment@ncan.gov.

7 Likes

Re: Police Nab Students, Who Impersonated Customs Officers To Commit Fraud (pic) by Dottore: 2:09pm On May 18, 2017
Bad desperate hustles
Re: Police Nab Students, Who Impersonated Customs Officers To Commit Fraud (pic) by Partnerbiz(f): 2:09pm On May 18, 2017
They will now rot in prison. Nawaoo.

2 Likes

Re: Police Nab Students, Who Impersonated Customs Officers To Commit Fraud (pic) by Viking007(m): 2:10pm On May 18, 2017
This is cool. They should beam their searchlight on nairaland too. So many scammers in different forms. From 'fixed' match sellers to data resellers. undecided

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Nab Students, Who Impersonated Customs Officers To Commit Fraud (pic) by SexyNairalander: 2:11pm On May 18, 2017
booked

venza N50,000

Toyota company:

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Police Nab Students, Who Impersonated Customs Officers To Commit Fraud (pic) by JideAmuGiaka: 2:11pm On May 18, 2017
Hmm
Re: Police Nab Students, Who Impersonated Customs Officers To Commit Fraud (pic) by 3rdavefarms(m): 2:12pm On May 18, 2017
None cone head arrested anyway benin is not too far from potopoto republic

1 Like

Re: Police Nab Students, Who Impersonated Customs Officers To Commit Fraud (pic) by Abudu2000(m): 2:12pm On May 18, 2017
The guys no get money to sort that's why...
Re: Police Nab Students, Who Impersonated Customs Officers To Commit Fraud (pic) by ajalawole(m): 2:13pm On May 18, 2017
Yoruba, hausa ati igbo lipsrsealed
Re: Police Nab Students, Who Impersonated Customs Officers To Commit Fraud (pic) by JideAmuGiaka: 2:14pm On May 18, 2017
lofty900:
Only greedy people get scammed. How can a normal person pay 50k for venza? 50k for camry? They're scamming their fellow greedy people

I think this was the amounts he received as his own share after selling the vehicles not actually the amounts he sold the vehicles.

My understanding tho

3 Likes

Re: Police Nab Students, Who Impersonated Customs Officers To Commit Fraud (pic) by imoh070: 2:16pm On May 18, 2017
this is really crazy,Regardless of their young age,negatively productive,may God Help Them
Re: Police Nab Students, Who Impersonated Customs Officers To Commit Fraud (pic) by Baroba(m): 2:16pm On May 18, 2017
As much as I don't condone fraud, custom officers are not exactly symbols of good morals..
Re: Police Nab Students, Who Impersonated Customs Officers To Commit Fraud (pic) by megacruise: 2:18pm On May 18, 2017
See what these fools sent me last week. I actually thought I was dealing with the officials of the Nigeria customs not until they sent me a personal account number for me to pay 85k into for clearance.

Re: Police Nab Students, Who Impersonated Customs Officers To Commit Fraud (pic) by heckymaicon(m): 2:20pm On May 18, 2017
wazobia
Re: Police Nab Students, Who Impersonated Customs Officers To Commit Fraud (pic) by MASTERMIND04(m): 2:23pm On May 18, 2017
Those that fell for this cheap scam should be flogged. Their mumu no be for here undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Police Nab Students, Who Impersonated Customs Officers To Commit Fraud (pic) by MASTERMIND04(m): 2:30pm On May 18, 2017
lofty900:
Bro, i just weak for some people
Re: Police Nab Students, Who Impersonated Customs Officers To Commit Fraud (pic) by Nobody: 2:35pm On May 18, 2017
SexyNairalander:
booked

venza N50,000

Toyota company:
you must be a twitter guy grin

4 Likes

Re: Police Nab Students, Who Impersonated Customs Officers To Commit Fraud (pic) by maasoap(m): 2:40pm On May 18, 2017
JideAmuGiaka:

I think this was the amounts he received as his own share after selling the vehicles not actually the amounts he sold the vehicles.

My understanding tho
Not his share but total amount paid for each of the vehicle, see below. It looks like each of them are operating solo.

In his confessional statement, Aliyu said he has sold five cars. I received N50,000 for Toyota Camry, 150,000 for Toyota Corrolla, N35,000 for Gulf, N50,000 for Toyota Venza and N100,000 for the fifth car but I can’t remember the make.
Re: Police Nab Students, Who Impersonated Customs Officers To Commit Fraud (pic) by DollarAngel(m): 2:49pm On May 18, 2017
Proposer Oricha, 19, of Business Administration Department, 21-year-old Samuel Taye, 400 level, Ordinary National Diploma (OND) Electrical Engineering student, Shaka Sumaila and Sunday Aliyu were arrested by operatives of the Inspector-General of Police’ (IGP) Intelligence Response Team (IRT) at Ekpoma.

Yoruba Muslim and Christain involved

3 Likes

Re: Police Nab Students, Who Impersonated Customs Officers To Commit Fraud (pic) by JideAmuGiaka: 2:51pm On May 18, 2017
maasoap:

Not his share but total amount paid for each of the vehicle, see below. It looks like each of them are operating solo.

Those amount put together cannot even buy one new Bajaj motorcycle. Are you sure they know the value of those vehicles, a brand new venza is above 4mil.
Re: Police Nab Students, Who Impersonated Customs Officers To Commit Fraud (pic) by chuksjuve(m): 2:53pm On May 18, 2017
Hustle gone bad..
contact us for your Landscape, Horticulture and gardening services
Re: Police Nab Students, Who Impersonated Customs Officers To Commit Fraud (pic) by Iamwrath: 3:06pm On May 18, 2017
Nna brosses

NA DEM

One Ediot will try to quote me to tell me i am wrong

but before you do , Ekpoma AAU , AUCHI have produced nothing but thugs , thieves and touts

Even if Angel Gabriel were to school there, he would be corrupted

3 Likes

Re: Police Nab Students, Who Impersonated Customs Officers To Commit Fraud (pic) by MikeMicheal(m): 3:19pm On May 18, 2017
ok
Re: Police Nab Students, Who Impersonated Customs Officers To Commit Fraud (pic) by Nobody: 3:48pm On May 18, 2017
See fools they sent to school. I would have said they should be arrested but remembering the type of country we live in that support online scams, they'd still allowed to go. Smh
Re: Police Nab Students, Who Impersonated Customs Officers To Commit Fraud (pic) by Rilwan20(m): 3:51pm On May 18, 2017
Adoju tini Omo
A fun awon developer Loro so
Home wrecker
Over to you name checkers.
Re: Police Nab Students, Who Impersonated Customs Officers To Commit Fraud (pic) by SalamRushdie: 3:52pm On May 18, 2017
So these are the famous customs officers that want to always sell me a 2010 E class for fro 250k grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ghanaian Lady, With Nigerian Accomplice, Jailed For 18 Years In Ghana / Angry Youths Confront Scammer Who Tried To Rob An Old Woman In Uyo. Photos / Police Seize Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.