Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,193 members, 7,835,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? (10712 Views)

The Oyakhilome's Divorce: Where Are Pastors Adeboye, Oyedepo, Oritsejafor. Etc? / Are Pastors Exempted From Paying Tithe? / Are Pastors Supposed To Be Celebrities? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by VALIDATOR: 8:19am On Jan 14, 2010
People are deceived because they wish to be deceived. You have your common sense. If you believe that a snake was talking to your great grandma, Eve 6,000 years ago and never questioned that, then you have paved the way for your own falling into the hands of deceivers called men of God.

The bible does not guarantee that all will be well with you on earth if you serve God properly. John the Baptist was beheaded for f**ck' sake.

So,let no man of God tell you it shall be well with you. It's just a psychological method of using fear-and-hope to enslave your mind.
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by ConquerAll(m): 8:22am On Jan 14, 2010
My Guy Na One of those things!

The Wise often say that River only drowns those she saw their legs. Be wise in case of next time!
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by asunaobi(m): 8:27am On Jan 14, 2010
Well my friend, I will tell you the good news and the bad news. The good news being that you have just come to your senses and the bad news being that you have just been duped.
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by VALIDATOR: 8:28am On Jan 14, 2010
asunaobi:

Well my friend, I will tell you the good news and the bad news. The good news being that you have just come to your senses and the bad news being that you have just been duped.

LOL
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by andrrew(m): 8:31am On Jan 14, 2010
u dont understand, belive me any money u give in the name of God and believe comes back trippled. it happend to me axactly. have faith
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by Zimex: 8:31am On Jan 14, 2010
princekevo:

What a fake story? For which church did this happen?

Guys, these things happen. I have witnessed one where it started with 'Those who can give the church N1M should come out' about 25 people came out. The amount kept reducing till 20k with more people coming  out.

On a separate note, Can anyone tell me what ROFLMAO and LMAO mean?  Thanks
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by azubike1: 8:36am On Jan 14, 2010
This is quite terrible! I can imagine how you feel.

But I am not suprised. Christ warned us already that there would be plenty of fakes in the last days(mat 24:11,Mark 13:22,2Pet 2:1, ). Unfortunately there are two levels of deception and many of us here calling this guy mugu has also fallen into the second type of deception which is even worse. I will explain.

If you ever happen to use a fake panadol tablet, chances are that you would not use a panadol again. Some would even argue there is no real panadol in the market that the company closed down two years ago (as some of you are arguing now). That does not change the fact that there is a panadol. You see, the devil knows that if he brings in plenty of 'fake christianity' many people will simply shut down on any talk of Christianity. Nice ganmeplan he has and he is succeding in many lives.

Fact still remains that there is a God (the God) who loves you and has sent out men and women to guide the church in it's growth process(1 cor 12:28, Eph 4:11). Do not let the fakes deceive you into thinking thee is no real. Remember a day is coming when we will all face Him in judgement.

He reigns guys. grin Are you reigning with him?

If you want to discuss this further (maybe abuse me cheesy) drop me a line on azubikeezeilo@gmail.com
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by Okijajuju1(m): 8:44am On Jan 14, 2010
Who said the OP is lying?

Go to Oyedepos church and see how they obtain them on a regular. People even write check now for offering. I have heard of several churches that collect monies from their victims congregation for pastors birthday present.

These men are rogues, period.

Even Jesus sef no hustle the multitude wey gather come watch am.
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by kristonium(m): 8:54am On Jan 14, 2010
@the poster

too bad!im already doing a book on this based on my 20years experience in Churches.the book is different method of extortion in the house of God.it will soon be out. watch out.
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by MrCrackles(m): 8:56am On Jan 14, 2010
Topic. . . .
Pretty much. . . Most of them are. . . .
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by kshow1(m): 9:10am On Jan 14, 2010
kristonium:

@the poster

too bad!im already doing a book on this based on my 20years experience in Churches.the book is different method of extortion in the house of God.it will soon be out. watch out.

We cant wait for it to be published
please double your efforts before more victims fall into these traps
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by Wrex(m): 9:12am On Jan 14, 2010
kola oloye:

Were you forced to give the money

It is written: "give and it shall be given unto you,good measure,press down,
shaking together,running over shall men give unto you"

i wonder oooo,
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by ConquerAll(m): 9:14am On Jan 14, 2010
My Fellow Christians, I have one simple advice for us!

Before stepping out of your house to any church service, make a spending BUDGET and stick to it no matter the pressure!

It has been helping me for years now. Never have cause for regrets!
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by Wrex(m): 9:15am On Jan 14, 2010
Zimex:

Guys, these things happen. I have witnessed one where it started with 'Those who can give the church N1M should come out' about 25 people came out. The amount kept reducing till 20k with more people coming  out.

On a separate note,  Can anyone tell me what ROFLMAO and LMAO mean?  Thanks
its an heavenly language, beyond human comprehension grin grin
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by PwOnder(m): 9:15am On Jan 14, 2010
I'll take it that the poster is quite conservative for the likes. Of a truth that "By their fruits, ye shall know them", been a Christian doesn't guarantee going to heaven, Heaven and Christianity are personal with God hence you don't have to CRITISE your pastor in anyway.
What you needed is core understanding & followership of God's word. . . Left for the indecent pastors' i think they're only doing their job. This scriptures could help enlighten your interest (Luke 6 v 38; Malachi 3 v 10; Matthew 7 v 7-10) etc.

Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by asunaobi(m): 9:20am On Jan 14, 2010
andrrew:

u dont understand, belive me any money u give in the name of God and believe comes back trippled. it happend to me axactly. have faith

Pastor Andrew! you still dey play this game? You never tire?
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by azubike1: 9:22am On Jan 14, 2010
Okija_juju:

Go to Oyedepos church and see how they obtain them on a regular. People even write check now for offering. I have heard of several churches that collect monies from their victims congregation for pastors birthday present.

Okija_juju, by your name I can already see you have chosen your path. Good luck to you.

All, take a look at Acts 5:1-5. Ananias sold a piece of land and brought the money to the church. His sin was that he lied in it. He did not give willingly like I wrote before. If you look at Acts 4 you will see that people were selling their possessions and bringing to the church. People were selling land and sowing to the work of God and you are talking about cheques like it is a big deal.  The underlining factor is, whatever you want to give, give willingly and not by some sort of emotioanl force. Whatever you give God cannot be too much. He gave you life for crying out loud. he gave us His son!

Cheques? Ha. What's the big deal about that? Jesus referred to the widow's might who is the woman that gave ALL she had and He did not call her 'mugu'. Jesus was sad over a certain rich man when he asked him to give all he had to the poor and the man would not.

The word of God is real. Do not be deceived.
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by Undispu3rd(m): 9:25am On Jan 14, 2010
When last do any of you go 2 the church and hear these so-call evil men preach salvation, repentance, or love? Number of churches keep on the increase in proportionate to crime level. If you don't want 2 be deceive you won't be!
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by 1forall: 9:29am On Jan 14, 2010
Zimex:

On a separate note, Can anyone tell me what ROFLMAO and LMAO mean?  Thanks
Visit acronymfinder.com for the meaning of those acronyms and more
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by Builder: 9:30am On Jan 14, 2010
Na wa for dis useless religions , muslim must bomb you cos them wan fuc.k virgin, xtians must sweet talk u to collect ya money, why nigeria no fit ban all forms of religions sef.
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by mikkiano(m): 9:35am On Jan 14, 2010
Okija_juju:

ROTFLMAOAPIMP

U guys r so so funny o,
poster,am sorry u were duped but shit happens get over it!
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by segyemaro(m): 9:41am On Jan 14, 2010
May God help us.
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by kemisuga(f): 9:52am On Jan 14, 2010
@ Zimex ROFLMAO means - Rolling on the floor laughing my ass out.  LMAO means - Laughing my ass out.

@ Poster - I cant say you are lying cause I have also experienced this sayings in church several times, but they specified the money is for building project or airconditioner project or for welfare etc. If they need huge donations in my church, they normally invite a very special international guest speaker, that speaks to amaze the congregation and maybe perform some miracles, so many will be willing to give any amount they requested for.

No pastor force anybody to donate, if u have u can give and it depends if u are giving in faith, which will return back to you in ten folds.

I pray you get a better job very soon IJN. Good luck. smiley
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by kemisuga(f): 9:56am On Jan 14, 2010
@ Zimex - sorry the moderator change (a s s) to backside.
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by pawa4ul: 9:57am On Jan 14, 2010
[b]My bros and sis in NL, I do not wish to talk about this church thing, but if you don't wish to be pissed with all these SOW and REAP thing, you better stick to Govt churches (Anglican, Catholic, Methodist, Baptist, Presbitarian), or better still belong to Deeper Life Bible church where they are still preaching the style of Christ. As far as I am concerned, the preaching in churches today is 5% repentance, 2% holliness, and 93% Money! The most annoying part is that they will con it in a way that will even make you feel guilty like you are owing God. At the end of the day, they will use the money you have sown to build schools (very expensve ones) that even majority of the church members can not afford to take their children/wards to; they will buy TINTED glassed cars that you as a member cannot even see them to wave at them. They have made their position so tight that you as a member can not even see them freely. You have to feel all kings of forms at the gate, and in the end the Security operatives will end up telling you such lies as: The G.O is not around now, while he is inside attending to a well to do in the society who has come to SOW to him; and from the wave of the tide it now looks like the way to go will be for all General Overseers to have Private Jets.
what have the churches done for the citizens around them? In the past they were known for building free schools, giving electricity and water etc. Today, they want all these from you instead. LET US STOP DECEIVING OUR SELVES.[/b]
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by rabbitfoot: 10:01am On Jan 14, 2010
One day churches will be burnt, in as much as there are still morons, people are getting wiser and wiser like my brother! Its high time we discover the problem of mankind lies in religion!
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by fortunejum: 10:02am On Jan 14, 2010
bros, the truth of the matter is that you do not give in faith irrespective of what the pastor is saying. when you give, believe that you are giving to God but not to a pastor. keep on sowing by faith for you dont know which one will germinate. Am giving you a scriptural advise as a true MAN OF GOD.
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by candyshore: 10:02am On Jan 14, 2010
oh jesus i cant help but laugh out so loud at dis post. sorry o and u had to trekk. na wa o. have faith now
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by pawa4ul: 10:03am On Jan 14, 2010
[b]My bros and sis in NL, I do not wish to talk about this church thing, but if you don't wish to be pissed with all these SOW and REAP thing, you better stick to Govt churches (Anglican, Catholic, Methodist, Baptist, Presbitarian), or better still belong to Deeper Life Bible church where they are still preaching the style of Christ. As far as I am concerned, the preaching in churches today is 5% repentance, 2% holliness, and 93% Money! The most annoying part is that they will con it in a way that will even make you feel guilty like you are owing God. At the end of the day, they will use the money you have sown to build schools (very expensve ones) that even majority of the church members can not afford to take their children/wards to; they will buy TINTED glassed cars that you as a member cannot even see them to wave at them. They have made their position so tight that you as a member can not even see them freely. You have to feel all kings of forms at the gate, and in the end the Security operatives will end up telling you such lies as: The G.O is not around now, while he is inside attending to a well to do in the society who has come to SOW to him; and from the wave of the tide it now looks like the way to go will be for all General Overseers to have Private Jets.
what have the churches done for the citizens around them? In the past they were known for building free schools, giving electricity and water etc. Today, they want all these from you instead. LET US STOP DECEIVING OUR SELVES.[/b]
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by olumycome: 10:08am On Jan 14, 2010
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNNN ACCORDING TO THE WORD OF OUR LORD JESUS, WHEN THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END U WL B WTNESSING STRANGE THINGS, MY BROTHER DNT WORRY NA GOD U USE YOUR 1000 NAIRA FOR.BUT SHA NA BIG LESSON.NEXT TIME IF U DEY GO CHURCH MAKE U DEY PUT SMALL CHANGE FOR UR POCKETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by Marymos: 10:20am On Jan 14, 2010
@post,if am the one in yours shoe,after the paryer the money goes back straight to my pocket and lets see if the usher will come and challenge me.People should be mindful of where they go for worship.I've made up my that any church i go and the there is on money and not on the word of God and christian lifestyle,i will never go there again.
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by WafiJoe(m): 10:23am On Jan 14, 2010
@ op

ur name sound like a pastor to me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Jet Controversy By Tony Rapu. / Dramatic Construction Of Muslim's Response To Reading "The People Vs Muhammad" / Be Wise As 'serpents'. Really? But Satan is the 'Serpent!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.