Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? (10694 Views)

The Oyakhilome's Divorce: Where Are Pastors Adeboye, Oyedepo, Oritsejafor. Etc? / Are Pastors Exempted From Paying Tithe? / Are Pastors Supposed To Be Celebrities? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by pstbolanta: 12:02pm On Jan 13, 2010
I just lost my jobs and looking for another,so a friend invited me to a program in his church,so i accompany him to the churc,as we were at the middle of the service,there was an alter call to thoser looking for jobs,i came out with several others,infact we were morethan 150 than came out.so after the prayers,the pastor now said,"for God to perfect your prayers,you should be able to sow to God,if you know between now and next weekend you can bring in 50 thousand naira to the house of God you should raise up your hand",alot of people raised up their hands,he said the ushers to put down their names,home address and phone numbers. After then the pastor reduced the money to 45 thosand naira,then to 40,then to 35 down to 1000 thousand naira. i did not raised my hand because i have not gotten any job that will make me to give such an amount. Later towards the end of the program,the pastor now said he was going to pray a special prayer for all of us in the church,he started praying,towards the end of the prayer,he now said all of us in the church to raise up the highest denomination of money in our piocket up towards heaven so that he will pray a special prayer,every body raised their hands with currencies in them including myself,i raised the last 1000 thousand naira up,i thought he would tell us to return the money beck to our pocket after the prayer,i was dead wrong.After the prayer he ordered the ushers to go round with basket and collect all the money raised up,infact you need to see the amount that was collected on that day,alot of people droped the last money in their pocket including me,most of us treked back home. I could not sleep throughout the night because of hunger and i now realised that we have been ROBBED without using a gun nor knife. Pls fellow nairalanders,what is happening in christedom?

1 Like

Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by AbuZola3(m): 12:20pm On Jan 13, 2010
Hahaha,
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by dking1(m): 12:34pm On Jan 13, 2010
I symphatise with you about your job, God will come through for you, dont loose hope,be encouraged something better might be in the pipeline for you. In every profession there are chalattans, so also we have in the ministry. Iam not surprised that we have people on the pulpit who put pressure on people to give and manipulate them. The word of God says by their fruit we will know them. Go to churches where the emphasies is on lifestyle rather than greed.Also be commited to being a student of God's word. Develop your relationship with God personally and you will be able to discern when you find yourself under greedy people who think that Godliness is Gain.There are still many genuine pastors who are teaching and preaching the undiluted word of God, may God direct you there.
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by pstbolanta: 12:45pm On Jan 13, 2010
Abu Zola:

Hahaha,
why laughing?are you making jest of me?
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by jaybee3(m): 12:55pm On Jan 13, 2010
Na lie
Sorry i def don't blv your story.
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by kenny888: 1:03pm On Jan 13, 2010
jay bee:

Na lie
my brother it seems you are in london,these things happens here ooo
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by pstbolanta: 1:21pm On Jan 13, 2010
jay bee:

Na lie
what made you think i am lieing,should i come here and lie against the men of God or is there money kept for me if i write what i have written?
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by osaromike: 2:00pm On Jan 13, 2010
yes they are thieves,its like they have over taken the police in this aspect
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by huxley(m): 2:13pm On Jan 13, 2010
When will the lord kill this pastor?
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by osaromike: 2:21pm On Jan 13, 2010
huxley:

When will the lord kill this pastor?
he is not the only one,almost all the pastors does this,the onlt different is that they have different tactics on how they go about it.
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by kolaoloye(m): 4:18pm On Jan 13, 2010
pstbolanta:

I just lost my jobs and looking for another,so a friend invited me to a program in his church,so i accompany him to the churc,as we were at the middle of the service,there was an alter call to thoser looking for jobs,i came out with several others,infact we were morethan 150 than came out.so after the prayers,the pastor now said,"for God to perfect your prayers,you should be able to sow to God,if you know between now and next weekend you can bring in 50 thousand naira to the house of God you should raise up your hand",alot of people raised up their hands,he said the ushers to put down their names,home address and phone numbers. After then the pastor reduced the money to 45 thosand naira,then to 40,then to 35 down to 1000 thousand naira. i did not raised my hand because i have not gotten any job that will make me to give such an amount. Later towards the end of the program,the pastor now said he was going to pray a special prayer for all of us in the church,he started praying,towards the end of the prayer,he now said all of us in the church to raise up the highest denomination of money in our piocket up towards heaven so that he will pray a special prayer,every body raised their hands with currencies in them including myself,i raised the last 1000 thousand naira up,i thought he would tell us to return the money beck to our pocket after the prayer,i was dead wrong.After the prayer he ordered the ushers to go round with basket and collect all the money raised up,infact you need to see the amount that was collected on that day,alot of people droped the last money in their pocket including me,most of us treked back home. I could not sleep throughout the night because of hunger and i now realised that we have been ROBBED without using a gun nor knife. Pls fellow nairalanders,what is happening in christedom?
Were you forced to give the money

It is written: "give and it shall be given unto you,good measure,press down,
shaking together,running over shall men give unto you"
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by segyemaro(m): 10:26pm On Jan 13, 2010
They dont need to force you,their sweet mouth alone is enough weapon to make u submit all d naira on you. I am already used to their ABRACADABRA, the more u see,d less u understand.
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by catalyst23: 10:47pm On Jan 13, 2010
even the bible say be wise as serpents, old boy, u wise so?
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by tayoast(m): 10:52pm On Jan 13, 2010
u fell 4 d trick cos its probably d 1st tym. Sorryyyyy
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by ilenaira: 10:53pm On Jan 13, 2010
cheesy  cheesy  cheesy  grin  grin maga jam pastor, maga must pay  kiss  kiss  kiss  cool
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by senetee(m): 11:00pm On Jan 13, 2010
@pstbolanta

Hmmn, First of all, may the good Lord direct you towards getting another source of income that would sustain you as soon as possible. May the good Lord not also lead you to any untrue pastors who are just out to rip people off their hard earned cash while they run around looking smashing and dazzling while their followers remain dazed and hope-clinging.

but on the flip side, LOL
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by RBiafra: 11:01pm On Jan 13, 2010
O boyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!! Fear Pastors oo, they use fake prophesy to extort money from people. How many of them do render help to the less-privilege? They will never eat my cent… I swear! It’s better for me to be paying my tithes to charity homes!

Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by oluclem(m): 11:07pm On Jan 13, 2010
ile naira:

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin maga jam pastor, maga must pay kiss kiss kiss cool

May God deliever you.

Back to the poster, 4 the fact that we see Judas among the 12 disciples doesn't make all the disciples liar, Just pray to God and he will direct your footstep and guide u in all your ways
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jan 13, 2010
The pple in Haiti needs that money not your pastor,
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by Dclique(m): 11:16pm On Jan 13, 2010
pstbolanta:

Mr  man, you didnt say if you later got the job, sad
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by aieromon(m): 11:25pm On Jan 13, 2010
rotflmao
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by cold(m): 11:32pm On Jan 13, 2010
Why do i find this story very fictional.This sounds very much like a joke i'v bin hearin since childhood but if it's tru then blame urself for allowin ur desperation to get the better part of u.
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by NIGboi(m): 11:44pm On Jan 13, 2010
waste of time. angry
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jan 13, 2010
rolfmao
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by mamagee3(f): 11:54pm On Jan 13, 2010
Please don't criticize all pastors because your pastor failed you.
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by 1forall: 11:57pm On Jan 13, 2010
pstbolanta when I hear such calls for donations decreasing in value I simply dont respond cos I think its a rather coercive manner of fund raising for a church. And I dont think desperation got the better part of the poster afterall he didnt pledge any during the charade. Sorry but next time, make sure you have change  wink

cold, looks like you're not in touch with present day reality in many nigerian churches, these things do happen for real.
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by r231(m): 12:02am On Jan 14, 2010
pele

well watch out for dis ones on the road

Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by cold(m): 12:16am On Jan 14, 2010
That pix left me in stitches grin

1forall:

pstbolanta when I hear such calls for donations decreasing in value I simply dont respond cos I think its a rather coercive manner of fund raising for a church. And I dont think desperation got the better part of the poster afterall he didnt pledge any during the charade. Sorry but next time, make sure you have change  wink

cold, looks like you're not in touch with present day reality in many nigerian churches, these things do happen for real.

No 1forall i hav not lost touch at all,the truth of the matter is that these so called pastors cash in on the gullibility of nigerians who are desperately searchin for 'miracles'.Nigerians are notoriously religious,pliable & gullible which xplains the explosion of churches in every nook,cranny & crevice of the country.I really can't fathom y pple for for these con men disguisin as 'men of God'.
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by Nobody: 12:26am On Jan 14, 2010
@poster
yes they are "perfectly legal 419 scammer".
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by Tcrack(m): 12:43am On Jan 14, 2010
@poster

You be mugun and pastor don take you 1000 chop aroso. ha ha ha.
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by gen2boi: 1:07am On Jan 14, 2010
well u were greedy as well, expecting dt 1 grand to multiply by thousands, u halla after a week of no result
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by Olong(m): 1:24am On Jan 14, 2010
The wisdom of men is foolishness unto God,,,,as high as the heavens are above the earth, so is God's wisdom higher than man's!that is why the jews could not imagine their Messiah coming from such poor and lowly background,,,carpenter's son?NAH!!

in the bible,God's children were referred to as SHEEP,,,yes stupid,naive,unthinking sheep!in following God,we should keep our 'HIGH INTELLIGENCE and RATIONALITY aside!however,you wont ripe unless you sow,right?

every farmer knows that seed sowing time is never a time for merriment,because seed sowing is PAINFUL!'cast your bread upon many water for in due season,you shall receive them back,'so says the scriptures.

well,sorry man,you've ridiculed away your blessings.you did not sow in faith.fake pastors exist,yes.but the authenticity of God's word about seed sowing remains valid! [color=#006600][/color]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Twin Brother Takes Over Church Of Disgraced Pastor, Albert Odulele / The Difference Between Living A Fruitful Life & Living A Sacrificial Life / Salvation Ministries’ World’s Largest Church Auditorium Reaches Roofing Stage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.