Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,369 members, 7,819,328 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court (8856 Views)

Osinbajo’s 48 Hours As Acting President - Punch / 11 Reasons Why Nyesom Wike Should Not Be Sworn In - Joe Igbokwe / Governor-Elect To Be Sworn-in By His Mother-in-Law On May 29th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by nich(m): 5:39pm On Jan 13, 2010
"another season begins today. stay tuned-in as the story unfolds."

God bless Nigeria!  smiley
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by otukpo(f): 5:40pm On Jan 13, 2010
Pls somebody shld show me where the ruling said Jonathan shld be sworn in.
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by slap1(m): 5:41pm On Jan 13, 2010
how many times have court injuctions been ignored in this country? why are we all suddenly thinking it's over?
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by Kobojunkie: 5:42pm On Jan 13, 2010
jtkoko9:

whom God has blessed no man can curse, it's time for the south to rule.

God? again? Did God also install Yar adua over 2 years ago? I bet his people made similar claims when he made it.  grin

By the way@ Poster, is 234 the only media house carrying this? What of the Punch, Guardian, Sahara etc. One would think news like this would not be ignored by our media.
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by beknown(m): 5:43pm On Jan 13, 2010
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jan 13, 2010
I laugh in chinco, goodluck is too dull to rule nigeria besides he looks sick to me too.
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by bisiaet: 5:44pm On Jan 13, 2010
I dont see that happening what I can see going on in Nigeria politics is more than just such declaration or ruling as the situation on ground is concern, it's a bit complex,
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by koolchicco: 5:46pm On Jan 13, 2010
~Bluetooth:

I laugh in chinco, goodluck is too dull to rule nigeria besides he looks sick to me too.

grin grin U mean the whole peeps in the presidency are sick then? grin grin
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by MrCrackles(m): 5:50pm On Jan 13, 2010
Can someone please let me know when Jonathan takes over. . .
Otherwise, pleas dont wake me up from my sleep. . . cool
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by clintonty(m): 5:51pm On Jan 13, 2010
I believe as early as April 2010, appeal court would prepare to see to this high court ruling, but before then, Yaradua will be back or , undecided If Jonathan is sworn in as acting prexy, then there is something really unique in his name. I will change my name to GOODLUCK  grin grin
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by MUNEER2(m): 5:52pm On Jan 13, 2010
Hmmmm undecided

~Bluetooth:

I think I'm the only one that has noticed this. . .

koolchicco:

[/b]

grin grin U mean the whole peeps in the presidency are sick then? grin grin

You get the gist jawe wink

MrCrackles:

Otherwise, pleas dont wake me up from my sleep. . .  cool
grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 13, 2010
Koolchicco
yaradua,turai,jonathan,yayale,etc all look sick to me
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by Beaf: 5:54pm On Jan 13, 2010
This is what I think might be happening; Aondoakaa is either playing a new trick (he doesn't seem smart enough for this type, though) or he has capitulated in the best way to hide Yar Adua matters from the law. Lets wait and see, we should know as early as tomorrow.
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by Jaybee2412(m): 5:56pm On Jan 13, 2010
MrCrackles:

Otherwise, pleas dont wake me up from my sleep. . . cool

Then you are in for a long long sleep grin
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by Spyker: 6:04pm On Jan 13, 2010
Now the drama begins, Oandoaka, what are you waiting for, appeal this.
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by Beaf: 6:04pm On Jan 13, 2010
Since he has full powers, he should get AA's as his presidential guard, sack Aondoakaa[b] and place the country in a state of emergency[/b], so that he can set things right like;

[list]
[li]Fix the broken constitution[/li]
[li]Implement the Uwais report[/li]
[li]Implement the Ledum Mitee report[/li]
[li]Schedule a national conference[/li]
[li]Get rid of the likes of Bankole and Mark[/li]
[li]Deal with the FEC and other cabals[/li]
[/list]
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jan 13, 2010
Everything about  nigeria is never about nigeria constitution but loyalty to the ruling party pdp.watch and see,even if the supreme court rule on this case,jonathan will not assue that post
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by nich(m): 6:13pm On Jan 13, 2010
Beaf:

Since he has full powers, he should get AA's as his presidential guard, sack Aondoakaa[b] and place the country in a state of emergency[/b], so that he can set things right like;

[list]
[li]Fix the broken constitution[/li]
[li]Implement the Uwais report[/li]
[li]Implement the Ledum Mitee report[/li]
[li]Schedule a national conference[/li]
[li]Get rid of the likes of Bankole and Mark[/li]
[li]Deal with the FEC and other cabals[/li]
[/list]
with PDP directing this movie, it all remains a pipe-dream.  lipsrsealed
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by nduchucks: 6:14pm On Jan 13, 2010
Sources tell me that court records of the judgement in question has become imposible to obtain, hence conflicting reports in various news outlets.

The only thing that can be confirmed, from a source who was in court was the ruling that Jonathan has right to perform all duties on behalf of sick President Umaru Yar'Adua without any formal transfer of power.

My source said there was pandomonium in court after the ruling, to the extent that the verbal order to swear Jonathan in with immediate effect, may have been drowned out in the ensuing confusion and noice.  

In my humble opinion, given the ruling, Jonathan should immediately sack the Attorney General and take the bull by the horn. He has the power to do it , the order is not being appealed - he can checkmate the AG only by sacking him tonight, not tommorrow.
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by MrCrackles(m): 6:15pm On Jan 13, 2010
Jaybee2412:

Then you are in for a long long sleep grin
Has Goodluck been sworn in yet
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by bigpastor(m): 6:17pm On Jan 13, 2010
Let's keep our fingers crossed and send message to Ex- President Yar 'Adua that we frantically want to implement the 7-Point Agenda especially THE RUULE OF LAW AND ZERO TOLERANCE TO INJUSTICE AND BREAKING OF THE LAW
BBC take note
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by sjeezy8: 6:21pm On Jan 13, 2010
People have no loyalty to Nigeria or its constitution,
Imagine BILL CLINTON himself was impeached over having zex with a babe and lying about it. though acquitted

and yaradull left Nigeria 50+ days without adressing the senate, the house or media and people are talking about him coming back and still continuing his presidency.
If Nigerians in the govt respected themselves he would be impeached for not imforming anyone of his absense.
It shouldnt even be about his health, his careless attitude alone in any other country would have him impeached.
Bunch of odes who dont respect themselves or their positions in the govt.

They should make jonathan presido
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by Anabel(f): 6:22pm On Jan 13, 2010
if nothing is wrong then why are they swearing him in
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by IfeanyiO(m): 6:26pm On Jan 13, 2010
Jonathan can only be a ceremonial president!  The situation is far from what some one can comprehend for now.The story is like one told by an idiot.where do we go from here now?.NO CONCLUSION! LESS WATCH AND C
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by Golfer: 6:26pm On Jan 13, 2010
We await the move of Michael Aondoakaa the Attorney General and Minister of injustice. He will appeal or Veto the courts decision.

By the way I hear that the UK and UAE have quoted Michael Aondoakaa that there is no Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in term of working relationship with the EFCC, so they would not be providing any assistance to the EFCC. This is in ralation to "UK, UAE Ignore EFCC's Request to Freeze Akingbola's Assets".
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by xterra2(m): 6:30pm On Jan 13, 2010
Atleast we have a president now,not that yaradua will take us for a ransom.
Since this is a court order it MUST be OBEYED,the freaking government dont have a any choice they been singing rule of law in out ears.
I dont think the government would appeal,even if they do it will take weeks to give the decision,
Now at least yaradua can take his time even for six weeks if he will get perfectly better and no one would care since at least we are not autopiloting anymore,
The CJN,is the chief of the judiciary and when the judiciary gives order most especially to him,he has to comply,
But anyhow,we shall see what happens
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by Chrisbenogor(m): 6:32pm On Jan 13, 2010
In what may be Nigeria’s most bizarre judicial charade of the season, a Federal High court in Abuja presided over by Chief Judge Dan Abutu this afternoon endorsed the current vacuum created in the country by the continued absence of President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua from his post. Goaded by the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mike Aondoakaa, who was personally present in the court along with Mr. Amobi Nzelu, an Abuja based lawyer, the court declared that there is no vacuum whatsoever in the discharge of the functions of the President’s office.  Contrary to at least one report, it did not declare that the Vice-President should now be sworn in.
http://www.saharareporters.com/sr-headlines/4820-desperate-measures-chief-judge-abutus-court-says-no-vacuum-in-aso-rock-aondoakaa-undercut-goodluck-jonathan-again.html

NAIJA!!!
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by Kobojunkie: 6:32pm On Jan 13, 2010
xterra2:

[b]Atleast we have a president now,not that yaradua will take us for a ransom.[/b]Since this is a court order it MUST be OBEYED,the freaking government dont have a any choice they been singing rule of law in out ears.
I dont think the government would appeal,even if they do it will take weeks to give the decision,
Now at least yaradua can take his time even for six weeks if he will get perfectly better and no one would care since at least we are not autopiloting anymore,
The CJN,is the chief of the judiciary and when the judiciary gives order most especially to him,he has to comply,
But anyhow,we shall see what happens

Is that what all this has been about for you?
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by Chrisbenogor(m): 6:33pm On Jan 13, 2010
grin grin grin grin Nairaland is so anti Yar a dua grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 13, 2010
What happens when yaradua finally comes back, jona is too dull to be our pressydo
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by Kobojunkie: 6:37pm On Jan 13, 2010
Chrisbenogor:

grin grin grin grin Nairaland is so anti Yar a dua grin grin grin
Not all of Nairaland!! I happen to be one of those who is just plain ANTI -STUPIDITY in Nigerian Government.
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by Beaf: 6:39pm On Jan 13, 2010
~Bluetooth:

What happens when yaradua finally comes back, jona is too dull to be our pressydo

I can see a 7 point agenda lover.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Arrest Of Senator Ndume Is Political – PDP / Arms Deal: Offenders Should Face Firing Squad —NATFORCE DG / Text Of Speech By Adeosun On Linking Capital Markets With Affordable Housing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.