Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,854 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court (8858 Views)

Osinbajo’s 48 Hours As Acting President - Punch / 11 Reasons Why Nyesom Wike Should Not Be Sworn In - Joe Igbokwe / Governor-Elect To Be Sworn-in By His Mother-in-Law On May 29th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by lastpage: 6:22am On Jan 16, 2010
This Seun's spambot is funny grin
If l use some words, it will substitute it with its own!
I used the "t-h-r-u-s-t" and it keeps changing it to "exert" so l have to change it to "focus".

It was the one that used "love-peddler", imagine shocked
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by Kobojunkie: 6:25am On Jan 16, 2010
lastpage:

@Kobogunje
No at all. If anyone feels so, then l tender an unreserved apology.
And no one should unnecessarily stoke ethnic bigotry by implying so.
@metal-gong
Thank you for your candid response. I like your frankness.
I know this is true and it is something we all shy away from saying and for this, you've earn a lot of respects.

Now, l am not Awolowo and You're not Ojukwu. Those things you mentioned up there truly happened but l guess most of us would take decisions, to the best of our knowledge.

I am wondering if "Awolowo was alive today", whether he will take the same decision he took back then, in the light of current development?

Those who exploit that "retributive position" today, do not differentiate between Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa.

Having said that and in line with the discussions l do have with my Igbo colleagues, l want to ask:
1.) What does it take to redress the injustice of a past generation?
2.) Has this alliance with the "enemy of our past enemy" bettered the situation of the Igbo people (No Igbo has ever been President, not even the alliance can help that!)
3.) What do you think, in your own opinion, is the opinion of the North, about the Igbo people? Do they see you as a political ally or a political love-peddler (no pun intended please). I think they also see & view 'Jonathan Goodluck' as an Igbo, somehow.
4.) In the interest of the next generation, can we not forgive the past and forge a common future, that will better both sides of the divide?
5.) Which is better?: To forgive and work for the betterment of our regions (and no region can do it alone but two regions united, can do it) or to keep taking our 'pound of flesh' and remain a slave, in a free country, for generations to come?

This is the focus of my rhetorical question.
Dont be drawn into some ethnic bashing theory of which l have no interest please.

I have a feeling that we are at the precipice of a break-through, if we can see it and seize it.
Like my people will say, "Thunder stones are seen once in a thousand years", not an every day occurrence.
If l have Igbo people as best friend for over twenty years, why should l want to take a pound of flesh on Awolowo's behalf (assuming), something they did not partake-in, even if their parents did? Na me be Awolowo?

And good morning to u 2.

YOu are on Nairaland and such questions/statements only bring the bigots out. This topic is NOT about the ibos. If you find that a couple of elements are misbehaving, it is not that they are being USED or that they know not what they do. The individuals you mentioned in yoiur initial question knew exactly what they were getting into and they made that decision for themselves and not necessarily for the ibo people, or even for Nigeria as a whole.
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by bluespice(f): 6:30am On Jan 16, 2010
has he been sworn in yet?
or has there been an appeal?
what's the situation now?
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by lastpage: 6:35am On Jan 16, 2010
Since only two people have responded: Kobojunkie and metal-gong, which one of the two is the bigot?
I guess its obvious.

Please stop interjecting.
I want to have a frank and reasonable discussion with metal-gong. P-L-E-A-S-E

Aside, the plaintiff can not appeal his own judgment.
Only the defendant can appeal and Andooaakaaa (defendant) has said "he is satisfied with the verdict".

So, NO APPEAL AT ALL grin
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by bluespice(f): 6:36am On Jan 16, 2010
yay! so when is the swearing in?
i want to wear my "i rep naija for life" shirt cheesy
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by lastpage: 6:43am On Jan 16, 2010
Sorry, no swearing-in.
The judgment says he can "act as delegated by the President". No need to transfer power.

Aaah,l see that my friend "metal-gong" is offline!

Well, l enjoyed his frankness, its a breath of fresh air in a place riddled with pretense.
l will sign-out and continue with him when he signs-on again.
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by bluespice(f): 6:44am On Jan 16, 2010
worreefuck? angry
swear the dood in already joh!
why are they still believing that their voice-over skit on bbc radio is proof that umoru hasnt been buried according to islamic rights?
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by GeorgeD1(m): 1:50pm On Jan 16, 2010
nigeria-japan, same situation different outcome. japan's prime minister: "i am resigning to take care of my failing health. nigeria's do-or-die president "i am ruling my country from my sick bed. i hope to be well enough very soon to return and claim my birthright!"  grin
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jan 16, 2010
are you people aware that the judge that made the judgment has withdrawn it today,Nigeria we hail thee.since yar adua didnt want to handover to Jonathan as acting president and he is only president that believes in the rule of law.i cant trust any monetician again even if he is a saint,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"DSS Has Proven That I'm Not Boko Haram's Sponsor" - Ali Modu Sheriff / [photos] Meet Sultan Of Brunei's Wealth, The World’s Most Lavish Spender / Femi Adesina: Beware, Merchants Of Fake News On The Prowl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.