Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,251 members, 7,818,869 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? (88697 Views)

Will I Get Medicine & Surgery In EKSU With 284 As JAMB Score? / I Scored 283 in JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In Abia State University? / I Scored 300 In My JAMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by BABANGBALI: 9:57am On May 19, 2017
technicallyrich:

Did I say anything wrong.tell me than tell me shut up.learn how to behave civil
sharaaaaaap
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by SammieJayh(m): 10:04am On May 19, 2017
Diastone:
what of medicine in UI with 224, but good waec result

Yes, you can if you have straight As...

1 Like

Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by NkayTiana(f): 10:06am On May 19, 2017
blovesther:
like where can they use it to work?
any hospital just like doctors... they know about bones and all,cool work tho but not easy
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by yhunghestboss(m): 10:24am On May 19, 2017
my cousin scored 187 and wants to study anatomy at delsu and she comes from delta....what are her chances of her getting admitted
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by absool(m): 10:34am On May 19, 2017
durentchigozie:
good chances ! Engineering isn't crazy like medicine aspirants. I used 242 to enter chem engineering, fut minna. So arrange your luggage, you're going to college.
thanx
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by Yusuf54: 10:42am On May 19, 2017
Good result, but I will advice U to do change of Course
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by Realslimshady(m): 11:02am On May 19, 2017
my friend got 310 in jamb in last year and applied at UI for same course but was denied admission angry
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by mayoor15(m): 11:06am On May 19, 2017
FrankGiel:

My friend keep quiet.. U are talking with someone hat knows the system so be quiet.. 2As and 7 B's is a poor score for medicine in the university of Ibadan.. Take what I said to the Bank.. Its not enough for Merit entry into the university of Ibadan.. I got more than the 2A's and 7B's u are displaying, but I can tell u from experience that WaEC result isn't a true measure of intelligence... Learn more and be quiet
Mr know the system, keep your frustration to yourself and gladly get off my mention, it's your problem, oh I just saw WaEC, na so dem dey write WAEC for una place, small letter inbetween capital letters, SMH....i shake my head for you, work on yourself first before forming baddo online.
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by Gbelexy(m): 11:07am On May 19, 2017
Check UI site for their last cutoff mark for medicine.then u grade ur O'level and ur jamb and see if u meet up.

1 Like

Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by FrankGiel: 11:29am On May 19, 2017
mayoor15:
Mr know the system, keep your frustration to yourself and gladly get off my mention, it's your problem, oh I just saw WaEC, na so dem dey write WAEC for una place, small letter inbetween capital letters, SMH....i shake my head for you, work on yourself first before forming baddo online.
Lmao.. I can see u got nothing to write.. I have no freaking time to edit mundane things.. If you don't understand, it means you don't need the help.
ITK
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by FrankGiel: 11:30am On May 19, 2017
SammieJayh:

Yes, you can if you have straight As...

Yes
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by stevoluz: 11:34am On May 19, 2017
Also have similar question also can unilorin give some one with jamb score 262 medicine with Neco o level from kogi
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by mayoor15(m): 11:35am On May 19, 2017
FrankGiel:

Lmao.. I can see u got nothing to write.. I have no freaking time to edit mundane things.. If you don't understand, it means you don't need the help.
ITK
Arguing with some people is like pouring water into a bucket with holes, as you pour it in, it leaks out, so my brother, I ain't got your time. And for the last time, don't mention me again. Thanks
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by FrankGiel: 11:51am On May 19, 2017
Realslimshady:
my friend got 310 in jamb in last year and applied at UI for same course but was denied admission angry
What did ur friend get in WAEC.. From there I can tell u why she was denied admission..I cant speak for Other schools, but i can attest that UI runs to a good extent a transparent system.
Even after entry, i hear students in other institutions boast of bribing lecturers or lecturers demanding bribe from students.. U won't hear stuff like that in UI..
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by hellohgy(m): 11:52am On May 19, 2017
Pls someone should explain how to calculate the point from the jamb and waec result.....

I mean how many is allocated to olevel and how is d jamb score divided....

Thanks in Advance
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by FrankGiel: 11:54am On May 19, 2017
mayoor15:
Arguing with some people is like pouring water into a bucket with holes, as you pour it in, it leaks out, so my brother, I ain't got your time. And for the last time, don't mention me again. Thanks
U can always pinpoint a child.. U came here to spew half truths. After calling you out for misinforming us, rather than eat the humble pie, u are still feeling smart..
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by mayoor15(m): 12:32pm On May 19, 2017
FrankGiel:

U can always pinpoint a child.. U came here to spew half truths. After calling you out for misinforming us, rather than eat the humble pie, u are still feeling smart..
Old fool, when will you wise up, as of 2010 someone made 2As7Bs in WAEC with 283 in Jamb and in your dull brain that is not enough to gain admission into medicine, d same dude used d same result to enter medicine in the number one university in Nigeria at that time, now he is a medical doctor. It's not your fault if you say WAEC isn't a test of intelligence, only God knows how many times you wrote waec before passing, people like you feel highly intelligent and informed and when pride messes your life up, you end up claiming successful people are lucky or you are better than them, in my initial statement I said I had a friend with 283, d OP only asked if 260 was enough for medicine in UI and shared my experience, even in 2010 it wasn't all about screening, post utme exams still holds, Olevel wasnt d sole determinant, his catchment area was also zero cos his state wasn't listed, many factors are used when considering people for admission in federal universities, you come here claiming to know all, pride comes before a fall, even if you know a lot or you are so experienced in an issue, there are times you apply wisdom, is not everytime you open you mouth and prove to the world you are super intelligent. OP sought for am advice, sensible people are advising him on the right way to go considering his scores and you are here carrying someone else who has already made it issue for head, if you like get 9As go get 200 for JAMB and say shebi Olevels is d most important thing not jamb result and other factors and go enter medicine now. I've checked some of your post and I can see pride and ITK runs in your blood, it's your problem, it's none of my business but for the last time, am begging you, get off my mention, if you quote me again, then it will be glaring, that your foolishness get grade.
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by mayoor15(m): 12:39pm On May 19, 2017
stevoluz:
Also have similar question also can unilorin give some one with jamb score 262 medicine with Neco o level from kogi
It depends, Neco is not a determinant for unilorin, the new screening strategy will play a key role but besides that, unilorin medicine is sometimes who you know, but if the person is very good, why not let the person go for anatomy or physiology, if he is among the first 10, he will be moved to medicine automatically.
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by EncephalonPikin(m): 12:46pm On May 19, 2017
Longman6:

From an Human point of view, Medicine not possible but with God it is possible...

I would strongly advice you switch to dentistry if the aforementioned 3a and 2b2 where in Maths phy, chem, Bio and English.

Note: Buhari might scatter things this year o so am not sure.

Check this Out:http://ui.edu.ng/news/201617-admission-cut-mark

Sorry to bother u but what about medicine in xx with 282 and 2B2,3B3 in my 5 core subjects?

What are my chances?
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by micxwell(m): 1:24pm On May 19, 2017
FrankGiel:

My friend keep quiet.. U are talking with someone hat knows the system so be quiet.. 2As and 7 B's is a poor score for medicine in the university of Ibadan.. Take what I said to the Bank.. Its not enough for Merit entry into the university of Ibadan.. I got more than the 2A's and 7B's u are displaying, but I can tell u from experience that WaEC result isn't a true measure of intelligence... Learn more and be quiet
FrankGiel stop exchanging words with this pple jor

1 Like

Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by FrankGiel: 2:05pm On May 19, 2017
mayoor15:
Old fool, when will you wise up, as of 2010 someone made 2As7Bs in WAEC with 283 in Jamb and in your dull brain that is not enough to gain admission into medicine, d same dude used d same result to enter medicine in the number one university in Nigeria at that time, now he is a medical doctor. It's not your fault if you say WAEC isn't a test of intelligence, only God knows how many times you wrote waec before passing, people like you feel highly intelligent and informed and when pride messes your life up, you end up claiming successful people are lucky or you are better than them, in my initial statement I said I had a friend with 283, d OP only asked if 260 was enough for medicine in UI and shared my experience, even in 2010 it wasn't all about screening, post utme exams still holds, Olevel wasnt d sole determinant, his catchment area was also zero cos his state wasn't listed, many factors are used when considering people for admission in federal universities, you come here claiming to know all, pride comes before a fall, even if you know a lot or you are so experienced in an issue, there are times you apply wisdom, is not everytime you open you mouth and prove to the world you are super intelligent. OP sought for am advice, sensible people are advising him on the right way to go considering his scores and you are here carrying someone else who has already made it issue for head, if you like get 9As go get 200 for JAMB and say shebi Olevels is d most important thing not jamb result and other factors and go enter medicine now. I've checked some of your post and I can see pride and ITK runs in your blood, it's your problem, it's none of my business but for the last time, am begging you, get off my mention, if you quote me again, then it will be glaring, that your foolishness get grade.
This mayoor15.. The only reason I'm taking the pain to address some of ur misinformation is, ITKs like you tried to discourage me, when I applied to UI. If I had listened to people like you, I would have been discouraged.. Mr ITK, as at 2010, 2As and 7Bs for a course like medicine in UI was Low.. I entered in 2007 for Petroleum engineering, even at 2007, that score wouldnt have made the cutoff for medicine.. I can teach u the formulae for calculating entry at that time., but u are just too proud and ignorant.. Get a life..

To those young ones trying to get into school, pls do not let any ITK discourage you. Those trying to apply to UI, one candid advise, ask those currently in 100 level for the mode of calculation. I have called my contacts, I'll be back with the new mode of calculation later today.. If u don't meet up, u can change ur course, but note, to cross back to ur preferred course is extremely difficult..not impossible but difficult... Secondly, u can change schools, many other schools have lower requirements. Last but not the least, you can wait, prepare better and try again next year. Forgive my typos. I'm quite busy at d moment.. Cheers

1 Like

Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by FrankGiel: 2:09pm On May 19, 2017
bayooooooo:

I think you need to sort out your WASSCE before applying to UI, or any school for that matter.

DON'T change your course from Medicine to any of the following:
1. Chemistry
2. Zoology
3. Microbiology

There is a high chance you won't be allowed to cross from those disciplines to College of Medicine. Once a zoologist, always a zoologist. Chemistry do allow people to cross, but it DEPENDS on the disposition of the HOD; this is also applicable to microbiology. But it is extremely rare to cross from zoology to medicine.

The following courses will allow you to cross to medicine:
Biochemistry
Physiology
Human Nutrition

Why? They are all in College of Medicine or Faculty of Basic Basic Medical Sciences, and once the provost endorses your form, I don't think any HOD can hold you back. Besides, there is a history of students crossing from those courses to Medicine.

Now, many candidates with high scores who can't get to medicine would change to Physiology or Biochemistry, which in turn makes the two disciplines competitive through change of course route. Your best bet is to change to Human nutrition and then read well in 100 level. Basically if you have a CGPA of 6.0 (First Class), you can be guaranteed of crossing but mostly a 5.5 (comfortable 2:1) is good enough to cross but there is no guarantee.

You will need the following courses to cross (4 chemistry courses, 5 physics courses and 3 zoology courses):
CHE 195 (Practical Chemistry, 2 Units)-- very easy to get an A (7.0)
CHE 177 Organic Chemistry, 3 units
CHE 157 Physical Chemistry, 4 units (legendary CHE 157)
CHE 127 Inorganic Chemistry, 3 units

PHY 112 (Basic Principles of Physics II, 3 units)
PHY 113 (Basic Principles of Physics III, 3 units)
PHY 114 (Basic Principles of Physics I, 3 units)
PHY 115 (Basic Principles of Physics IV, 3 units)
PHY 118 (Experimental Physics I, 3 Units)-- many people usually find this difficult. Each experiment is graded (each time you go to the lab is more or less taking an exam) and is based on a law of physics. So read your manual and know why the experiment is needed. You are trying to validate a constant/or a principle, by plotting data generated during the lab work. You can always tell if your slope or constant is way off if you have a sound knowledge of the experimental principle

ZOO 111 (Principles of Animal Biology, 3 units)--more or less a glorified biology. You have to take it seriously if Chiaka is one of the lecturers.
ZOO 112 (The Mammalian Body, 3 units)
ZOO 113 (Diversity of Animal Life, 3 units)--this is a second semester course, and is by far the toughest of the three. It requires a lot of reading, drawing and cramming. It has a practical component too. Different animal kingdoms etc.

You will also take other courses like the GES (general studies 101, 102, 103 or 105), bio-statistics etc but your chances of 'crossing' to medicine rest squarely on the 12 courses. i.e. those 12 courses, not the overall CPGA, are evaluated for change of course purposes. If you intend to change to pharmacy, you would need to register for some botany courses.

Generally, the easiest route to UI medicine is to put any of the three courses especially Human Nutrition as first choice, and then apply to change to medicine after 100 level.
This guy has done a good job.. Those that want to apply to medicine can take his advise
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by Longman6(m): 2:19pm On May 19, 2017
EncephalonPikin:

Sorry to bother u but what about medicine in Unijos with 282 and 2B2,3B3 in my 5 core subjects?

What are my chances?

Bro, sorry i have no idea on how the system is in Uni jos, but i think that your UTME score is fantastic, just try and find out from anyone you know. All the best

1 Like

Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by EncephalonPikin(m): 2:25pm On May 19, 2017
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by mayoor15(m): 2:43pm On May 19, 2017
FrankGiel:

This mayoor15.. The only reason I'm taking the pain to address some of ur misinformation is, ITKs like you tried to discourage me, when I applied to UI. If I had listened to people like you, I would have been discouraged.. Mr ITK, as at 2010, 2As and 7Bs for a course like medicine in UI was Low.. I entered in 2007 for Petroleum engineering, even at 2007, that score wouldnt have made the cutoff for medicine.. I can teach u the formulae for calculating entry at that time., but u are just too proud and ignorant.. Get a life..

To those young ones trying to get into school, pls do not let any ITK discourage you. Those trying to apply to UI, one candid advise, ask those currently in 100 level for the mode of calculation. I have called my contacts, I'll be back with the new mode of calculation later today.. If u don't meet up, u can change ur course, but note, to cross back to ur preferred course is extremely difficult..not impossible but difficult... Secondly, u can change schools, many other schools have lower requirements. Last but not the least, you can wait, prepare better and try again next year. Forgive my typos. I'm quite busy at d moment.. Cheers
Mr attention seeker, I know frustration is killing you, why not paddle your canoe alone and mind your business, bayooo guy made more sense than you did, you keep blabbing and the guy gave d dude a sensible idea yet you keep going to and fro, who asked you about merit or when you entered school or your course of study, that is what happen when you can't hold your thoughts, you spill all your life history to prove a point, maybe you should kuku post your date of birth, state of origin, account number, ATM pin to give more credence to your points...The guy you are even talking against is already a medical doctor,maybe you should go and collect his certificate to prove he isn't qualified, who takes an unstable man like you serious...Get a life and find an inanimate thing to vent your frustration at, don't come here ranting online. Have a great day mr
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by ephi123(f): 4:00pm On May 19, 2017
wonlasewonimi:
Unless you want to do traditional medicine and be transformed to a very good herbalist called Dr Egbegi.

kikikikiki this is wicked! cheesy grin
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by drlaykay(m): 4:04pm On May 19, 2017
Ichietome:

Pharmacy and radiography which one would you advice a brother to choose?
Pharmacy is a better course any time any day. But practicing in Nigeria limits you to certain aspects of practice. You can't freely activate your potentials here. Speak to pharmacist, if they will tell you the truth and leave sentiments aside. They are highly restricted to a certain field in pharmacy which in turn results in reduction in cash inflow (very important aspect).

On the other hand, radiography is a growing course in Nigeria with very few schools accredited. The number of radiographers available isn't up to 40% of those needed. They even employ students, so you can get a good paying job right from your 3rd and 4th year if you pay much attention in school and ready to learn skills. Most radiographers have more than one job.
And the point is that, Nigeria is nowhere near a standard point in imaging. Meaning, in the long run, imaging will grow much in Nigeria and more radiographers will be needed...

In summary, pharmacy is a better course any day any time, but u need to leave the country to maximize your potential unless the very lucky few.... While radiography is currently hot and anyone should quickly tap into that blessing
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by Ichietome: 4:26pm On May 19, 2017
drlaykay:

Pharmacy is a better course any time any day. But practicing in Nigeria limits you to certain aspects of practice. You can't freely activate your potentials here. Speak to pharmacist, if they will tell you the truth and leave sentiments aside. They are highly restricted to a certain field in pharmacy which in turn results in reduction in cash inflow (very important aspect).

On the other hand, radiography is a growing course in Nigeria with very few schools accredited. The number of radiographers available isn't up to 40% of those needed. They even employ students, so you can get a good paying job right from your 3rd and 4th year if you pay much attention in school and ready to learn skills. Most radiographers have more than one job.
And the point is that, Nigeria is nowhere near a standard point in imaging. Meaning, in the long run, imaging will grow much in Nigeria and more radiographers will be needed...

In summary, pharmacy is a better course any day any time, but u need to leave the country to maximize your potential unless the very lucky few.... While radiography is currently hot and anyone should quickly tap into that blessing
Thanks for the reply.
However I must confess that your answer left me more confused.
You said that pharmacy is a better course and you also inferred that radiography is better in Nigeria.

If I may ask you please :if you were to choose which one would you choose.?
I want a course that is flexible both here and abroad, guarantees a good pay, self employment, nice lifestyle and is interesting and not monotonous.
So please bro I know your answer was crystal clear but just be point blank and tell me the better(generally speaking, considering everything I just mentioned above and even more ) of the two.
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by HIRAETH: 4:32pm On May 19, 2017
stevoluz:
Yes.... If your neco result is good. If not try kwara state University.
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by drlaykay(m): 4:58pm On May 19, 2017
Ichietome:

Thanks for the reply.
However I must confess that your answer left me more confused.
You said that pharmacy is a better course and you also inferred that radiography is better in Nigeria.

If I may ask you please :if you were to choose which one would you choose.?
I want a course that is flexible both here and abroad, guarantees a good pay, self employment, nice lifestyle and is interesting and not monotonous.
So please bro I know your answer was crystal clear but just be point blank and tell me the better(generally speaking, considering everything I just mentioned above and even more ) of the two.
Bro, you need not be confuse. What I just did is called counseling. In counseling you don't choose for people, you only leave them with options to pick from and it's wrong to choose career for someone.
Now lemme tell u something...
If I were to choose between radiography and pharmacy, In 2008(while I was seeking admission) I would have chosen pharmacy, but right now I will go for radiography....
Radiography is also very lucrative outside. And the overall stress is reduced.
Andi still maintain that pharmacy is a better course with more prestige and enumeration anytime any day. That's if you can attain h your full potential which is quite difficult here.
If u need discuss more... Inbox me your phone number.. dr.adelekefagbemi@gmail.com
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by Adewhunmiiii(f): 5:12pm On May 19, 2017
Hello everyone. To join the WhatsApp group for UNIBADAN 2017 ASPIRANTS, drop your numbers for updates. Good luck in your exam.
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by FrankGiel: 5:27pm On May 19, 2017
mayoor15:
Mr attention seeker, I know frustration is killing you, why not paddle your canoe alone and mind your business, bayooo guy made more sense than you did, you keep blabbing and the guy gave d dude a sensible idea yet you keep going to and fro, who asked you about merit or when you entered school or your course of study, that is what happen when you can't hold your thoughts, you spill all your life history to prove a point, maybe you should kuku post your date of birth, state of origin, account number, ATM pin to give more credence to your points...The guy you are even talking against is already a medical doctor,maybe you should go and collect his certificate to prove he isn't qualified, who takes an unstable man like you serious...Get a life and find an inanimate thing to vent your frustration at, don't come here ranting online. Have a great day mr
grin sorry bro.. I just noticed ur favorite section is job/vacancies.. No wonder u have all the time.. Mabinu.. Jah bless ur hustle.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died / 6 Nigerians Whose Names Are In Guinness World Record / JAMB 2013 Result Checker - How To Check

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.