Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,760 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? (88689 Views)

Will I Get Medicine & Surgery In EKSU With 284 As JAMB Score? / I Scored 283 in JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In Abia State University? / I Scored 300 In My JAMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by Ichietome: 5:30pm On May 19, 2017
drlaykay:

Bro, you need not be confuse. What I just did is called counseling. In counseling you don't choose for people, you only leave them with options to pick from and it's wrong to choose career for someone.
Now lemme tell u something...
If I were to choose between radiography and pharmacy, In 2008(while I was seeking admission) I would have chosen pharmacy, but right now I will go for radiography....
Radiography is also very lucrative outside. And the overall stress is reduced.
Andi still maintain that pharmacy is a better course with more prestige and enumeration anytime any day. That's if you can attain h your full potential which is quite difficult here.
If u need discuss more... Inbox me your phone number.. dr.adelekefagbemi@gmail.com
I have emailed you
Plz reply ASAP

BTW, between unical and unizik (considering that I should get admission into both with my score of 280_i stand to be corrected tough) which would you advice me to choose - I mean which school has a better radiography department. Which school is better overall?
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by Ichietome: 5:45pm On May 19, 2017
drlaykay:

Bro, you need not be confuse. What I just did is called counseling. In counseling you don't choose for people, you only leave them with options to pick from and it's wrong to choose career for someone.
Now lemme tell u something...
If I were to choose between radiography and pharmacy, In 2008(while I was seeking admission) I would have chosen pharmacy, but right now I will go for radiography....
Radiography is also very lucrative outside. And the overall stress is reduced.
Andi still maintain that pharmacy is a better course with more prestige and enumeration anytime any day. That's if you can attain h your full potential which is quite difficult here.
If u need discuss more... Inbox me your phone number.. dr.adelekefagbemi@gmail.com
I've emailed you
BTW, between unizik and unical, which has a better radiography department - considering the quality of teaching staff, equipment and others. Which of the two schools would you prefer to study radiography?
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by drlaykay(m): 5:59pm On May 19, 2017
Ichietome:

I've emailed you
BTW, between unizik and unical, which has a better radiography department - considering the quality of teaching staff, equipment and others. Which of the two schools would you prefer to study radiography?
Will give u a call when I get home tonight or tomorrow morning.
As for the schools, I'm not into admission processing anymore....
But for your sake, I will ask from radiographers around me.
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by Ichietome: 6:15pm On May 19, 2017
drlaykay:
Will give u a call when I get home tonight or tomorrow morning. As for the schools, I'm not into admission processing anymore.... But for your sake, I will ask from radiographers around me.
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by Nobody: 6:28pm On May 19, 2017
Diastone:
what of medicine in UI with 224, but good waec result

It depends on how good the waec result is....... At least 4 or 5 A's to make merit...... TBH
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by Kolinzzz7787(m): 6:52am On May 20, 2017
grin grin grin grin my guy chill don't worry no b 2017 score? why won't they accept current year result... abi no b 2017 we dey so. cheers my Nigga.
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by rafo200(m): 7:05am On May 20, 2017
bayooooooo:

I think you need to sort out your WASSCE before applying to UI, or any school for that matter.

DON'T change your course from Medicine to any of the following:
1. Chemistry
2. Zoology
3. Microbiology

There is a high chance you won't be allowed to cross from those disciplines to College of Medicine. Once a zoologist, always a zoologist. Chemistry do allow people to cross, but it DEPENDS on the disposition of the HOD; this is also applicable to microbiology. But it is extremely rare to cross from zoology to medicine.

The following courses will allow you to cross to medicine:
Biochemistry
Physiology
Human Nutrition

Why? They are all in College of Medicine or Faculty of Basic Basic Medical Sciences, and once the provost endorses your form, I don't think any HOD can hold you back. Besides, there is a history of students crossing from those courses to Medicine.

Now, many candidates with high scores who can't get to medicine would change to Physiology or Biochemistry, which in turn makes the two disciplines competitive through change of course route. Your best bet is to change to Human nutrition and then read well in 100 level. Basically if you have a CGPA of 6.0 (First Class), you can be guaranteed of crossing but mostly a 5.5 (comfortable 2:1) is good enough to cross but there is no guarantee.

You will need the following courses to cross (4 chemistry courses, 5 physics courses and 3 zoology courses):
CHE 195 (Practical Chemistry, 2 Units)-- very easy to get an A (7.0)
CHE 177 Organic Chemistry, 3 units
CHE 157 Physical Chemistry, 4 units (legendary CHE 157)
CHE 127 Inorganic Chemistry, 3 units

PHY 112 (Basic Principles of Physics II, 3 units)
PHY 113 (Basic Principles of Physics III, 3 units)
PHY 114 (Basic Principles of Physics I, 3 units)
PHY 115 (Basic Principles of Physics IV, 3 units)
PHY 118 (Experimental Physics I, 3 Units)-- many people usually find this difficult. Each experiment is graded (each time you go to the lab is more or less taking an exam) and is based on a law of physics. So read your manual and know why the experiment is needed. You are trying to validate a constant/or a principle, by plotting data generated during the lab work. You can always tell if your slope or constant is way off if you have a sound knowledge of the experimental principle

ZOO 111 (Principles of Animal Biology, 3 units)--more or less a glorified biology. You have to take it seriously if Chiaka is one of the lecturers.
ZOO 112 (The Mammalian Body, 3 units)
ZOO 113 (Diversity of Animal Life, 3 units)--this is a second semester course, and is by far the toughest of the three. It requires a lot of reading, drawing and cramming. It has a practical component too. Different animal kingdoms etc.

You will also take other courses like the GES (general studies 101, 102, 103 or 105), bio-statistics etc but your chances of 'crossing' to medicine rest squarely on the 12 courses. i.e. those 12 courses, not the overall CPGA, are evaluated for change of course purposes. If you intend to change to pharmacy, you would need to register for some botany courses.

Generally, the easiest route to UI medicine is to put any of the three courses especially Human Nutrition as first choice, and then apply to change to medicine after 100 level.
pls send ur number through d email
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by oldfoolnigger(m): 8:32am On May 20, 2017
BABANGBALI:
so what did they gaved you?
give
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by oldfoolnigger(m): 8:38am On May 20, 2017
bayooooooo:

I think you need to sort out your WASSCE before applying to UI, or any school for that matter.

DON'T change your course from Medicine to any of the following:
1. Chemistry
2. Zoology
3. Microbiology

There is a high chance you won't be allowed to cross from those disciplines to College of Medicine. Once a zoologist, always a zoologist. Chemistry do allow people to cross, but it DEPENDS on the disposition of the HOD; this is also applicable to microbiology. But it is extremely rare to cross from zoology to medicine.

The following courses will allow you to cross to medicine:
Biochemistry
Physiology
Human Nutrition

Why? They are all in College of Medicine or Faculty of Basic Basic Medical Sciences, and once the provost endorses your form, I don't think any HOD can hold you back. Besides, there is a history of students crossing from those courses to Medicine.

Now, many candidates with high scores who can't get to medicine would change to Physiology or Biochemistry, which in turn makes the two disciplines competitive through change of course route. Your best bet is to change to Human nutrition and then read well in 100 level. Basically if you have a CGPA of 6.0 (First Class), you can be guaranteed of crossing but mostly a 5.5 (comfortable 2:1) is good enough to cross but there is no guarantee.

You will need the following courses to cross (4 chemistry courses, 5 physics courses and 3 zoology courses):
CHE 195 (Practical Chemistry, 2 Units)-- very easy to get an A (7.0)
CHE 177 Organic Chemistry, 3 units
CHE 157 Physical Chemistry, 4 units (legendary CHE 157)
CHE 127 Inorganic Chemistry, 3 units

PHY 112 (Basic Principles of Physics II, 3 units)
PHY 113 (Basic Principles of Physics III, 3 units)
PHY 114 (Basic Principles of Physics I, 3 units)
PHY 115 (Basic Principles of Physics IV, 3 units)
PHY 118 (Experimental Physics I, 3 Units)-- many people usually find this difficult. Each experiment is graded (each time you go to the lab is more or less taking an exam) and is based on a law of physics. So read your manual and know why the experiment is needed. You are trying to validate a constant/or a principle, by plotting data generated during the lab work. You can always tell if your slope or constant is way off if you have a sound knowledge of the experimental principle

ZOO 111 (Principles of Animal Biology, 3 units)--more or less a glorified biology. You have to take it seriously if Chiaka is one of the lecturers.
ZOO 112 (The Mammalian Body, 3 units)
ZOO 113 (Diversity of Animal Life, 3 units)--this is a second semester course, and is by far the toughest of the three. It requires a lot of reading, drawing and cramming. It has a practical component too. Different animal kingdoms etc.

You will also take other courses like the GES (general studies 101, 102, 103 or 105), bio-statistics etc but your chances of 'crossing' to medicine rest squarely on the 12 courses. i.e. those 12 courses, not the overall CPGA, are evaluated for change of course purposes. If you intend to change to pharmacy, you would need to register for some botany courses.

Generally, the easiest route to UI medicine is to put any of the three courses especially Human Nutrition as first choice, and then apply to change to medicine after 100 level.
good morning sir.
u must be a uite for this elaborate explanation.
pls do u have any idea about law faculty.
is it possible for one to cross over to law department with good cpga ?
anxiously waiting for ur reply.
thanks
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by oldfoolnigger(m): 9:05am On May 20, 2017
Adeyeye09:
U.i is 60% waec nd 40% jamb. So ur waec weighs more
50:50 now,though waec still weighs more with their own model
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by Paulino029(m): 1:40am On May 21, 2017
Can someone kindly add me to Ahmadu bello university 2017/2018 Whatsap group 08177797827 wink
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by Captain6(m): 7:14am On May 21, 2017
It's a nice score,i wouldn't advice you to change your course,but change the uni to any other one with lower admission seekers,and you will be admitted into MBSS.

2 Likes

Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by LilNetty(m): 12:27pm On May 21, 2017
Suzie0:
please how?
inbox me your mail
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by osmic4love: 9:22am On May 25, 2017
Kudos to your guys for the great work you are doing here..... Please my daughter made 242 in jamb, she has (7)B2 and (2)C3.......she wants to study medicine in OAU and LASU as second choice.... Please house what's her chance

1 Like

Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by Jacktheripper: 1:22pm On Sep 13, 2017
osmic4love:
Kudos to your guys for the great work you are doing here..... Please my daughter made 242 in jamb, she has (7)B2 and (2)C3.......she wants to study medicine in OAU and LASU as second choice.... Please house what's her chance

Lasu second choice?? They won't accept and she should read very well for her post utme in OAU 100A1s won't matter if she didn't meet the post utme cut off
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by Zubair123: 5:38pm On Mar 16, 2018
drlaykay:

Young man, it seems you don't know how to pursue your dreams..
Don't know what the admission process is like any longer, but I scored 257 in my jamb in 2008 and I got medicine in university of Lagos.I was discouraged by lot of people but I didn't give up. I ended up having one of the best post ume result which buffered my ume result.
Unless you don't have a very strong zeal to study medicine.
But if u will consider change if course, think about radiography.... It is very very lucrative... I just told you what I will advise my brother

I need your advice bro... i had 259 in my UTME and i applied Unilag Medicine... should i change to Nursing or Radiography? though i want nursing initially before my jamb registration... what is my chance of getting Nursing or is radiography better choose considering future job opportunity? i need your urgent response... my WAEC Result Maths A1, Physics B3, Chemistry B2, Biology B3, English C4. Thanks
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by drlaykay(m): 6:48pm On Mar 16, 2018
Zubair123:

I need your advice bro... i had 259 in my UTME and i applied Unilag Medicine... should i change to Nursing or Radiography? though i want nursing initially before my jamb registration... what is my chance of getting Nursing or is radiography better choose considering future job opportunity? i need your urgent response... my WAEC Result Maths A1, Physics B3, Chemistry B2, Biology B3, English C4. Thanks
Good afternoon sir/ma, I wouldn't be able to give you much advice as it's a long time. I don't know much about admission processing anymore. The transition from post utme to the use of the point grades system made me out of the know.

But, with what I have seen, you have good grades in your waec and a very good Utme score likewise. This means that you stand a perfect chance for both radiography and nursing..But, I will always advise any one any day to go for radiography as it's very lucrative . and there aren't much radiographers in Nigeria and all over the world for now.

I once advised a guy on radiography, I can't remember the thread. I talked much about it.

All the best in your endeavours, congratulations in advance.
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by morgang(m): 10:30pm On Mar 16, 2018
Good day everyone,

My kid sis wrote her jamb on saturday, 10/02/2018. However, she has been having problem viewing her result. Some of her colleagues who wrote the exam same day have seen their results...Whenever i insert her jamb reg numb it brings out- "You Do Not Have Any Result Yet". What could be the problem please?
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by Rabiu4190: 3:44pm On Mar 21, 2018
My younger brother had 260 MBBS Unilag with o-level result A,B2,B2,B3,C4. He want to change to either Nursing or Radiography. which one is better in terms of job opportunities in Nigeria and oversea? with that score, can he secure admission into Nursing or Radiography? please house i need urgent response? Thanks.
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by Eclipse6945: 5:16pm On Oct 15, 2019
Hello ..
Please I'm currently a 200l anatomy student in Benue State University..
But I want to write jamb next year and apply medicine and surgery in UI..
Can somebody tell me admission process for UI and criteria ... Neck result was not very good (straight C's..)..
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by Jessydera: 8:34pm On Oct 17, 2019
Good day all. am a new member of this thread. I initially wanted to study medicine but due to my jamb score I had to change to a course under medical line. By d grace of God,when the school resumes next year, I will be a malabress (university of calabar)and I will be resuming wit dem in the department of radiography and radiological science. so my seniors I would like to really know 1 or 2 things about the course because not everyone like me know about what this profession entails. I would like to know : the years, the main subjects or courses I will encounter and after getting the degree what next.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died / 6 Nigerians Whose Names Are In Guinness World Record / JAMB 2013 Result Checker - How To Check

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.