Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,288 members, 7,836,274 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

If You Learn From Techcrest.com.ng, You Have Done Well. - The Review - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / If You Learn From Techcrest.com.ng, You Have Done Well. - The Review (575 Views)

Why I Felt At Home At Www.sweethome.com.ng - The Review / Is Yukhub.com The Next Nairaland Or ? - The Review You Probably Shouldn't Read / What Techredirector.com Should Do To Improve Their Site (THE REVIEW) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If You Learn From Techcrest.com.ng, You Have Done Well. - The Review by Copycracker(m): 8:41pm On May 18, 2017
It's really a relief to see when someone gets it.

You know, like you get to a site and you feel like there really isn't going to be much for you to say.

Techcrest have done well, so instead of doing my typical review, I'm going to point out the great things about their site. Hopefully, this should give y'all an idea of things to look out for in your sites. Oh, and I'm still going to point out things to change, so Techcrest, keep reading... abeggggg. lol.

I'm in a straight-to-the-point-no-time-for-long-thing mood today, so there won't be too much "senrenre"... or at least I hope there won't.

Let's begin:

I. Design And Layout

At this point, I honestly think that nothing looks better than a white background... maybe I'll see something another time and change my mind but right now, white background is always a sure bet.

It makes it easy to read the content on the page and it just looks so much cleaner than if your background was turquoise.

So yeah, definitely love your design. And anybody who sees your site will too.

(i) Your site title, logo and tagline are answering "Present" when we call attendance.

I've seen some sites without a tagline and a not so good title.

Your Site Title matches your logo and just kills it.

Then your tagline basically lets us know exactly what you do, whether your site is for us or not. Although it could be better. Addressing people as a group is a bit impersonal. And your tagline is sorta still general. It's better if it's specific and personal

Change your tagline from "Bringing Technology News To Everyone In The World" to "Bringing Technology News To You."

That tells the visitor: Wollup... Wollup. this site is for you.

And that's exactly what it should do.

(ii) I love that ticker at the top of your site with Fresh Trends, your social media accounts and a search bar.

That's just practically beautiful.

The Fresh Trends section attracts us by telling us "Yo, my guy, this right here is fresh news. Check it out!"

The Social media accounts says "My Guy, follow us here"

And your search bar just tells us "Do you feel lost? Here, we can give you directions."

That's dope. I love it... I love it.

(iii) Your Primary Navigation Menu is complete... just needs a bit of tweaking.

Considering the number of sites I've found that don't even have one, I gotta give you props for having one.

I just feel it would be better to arrange it thus:

Home - Categories - Advertise With Us- Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Disclaimer - About Us

That looks more ideal, don't you think?

(iv) Your Main Content section is just.... amazing.

Like I said, you have given me not much to write about, so I am writing a love letter to your site... I wanna marry her, for real.

You made perfect use of that area before the fold, displayed eye-catching content and made us want to find out more...

Then when we scroll down, you give us more reasons to stick around, and you arrange your contents into sections... I mean, you're giving us users everything we want.

I love this!

(v) Your Right Side bar has it all.

- Search Bar
- Popular Posts
- Subscribe box
- Social media links

You're doing it all. Anyone who is trying to figure out how to set up their right side bar, just go to techcrest.com.ng. Their Right Side bar is a Boss among right side bars.

(vi) Your Footer section is Pristine.

It has a basic secondary menu, an About Us and a Google + profile badge.

Perfect. Don't change a thing.

II. Content.

Your content is perfect... perfect for your niche.

I honestly am still trying to figure out why you asked for a review.

Let's see what's great about your content.

(i) Your Headlines give us reason to read the rest of your content. They communicate implicit BTR (benefit to the reader). And that's awesome.

(ii) Your content is directed to your target audience. That's great.

(iii) Your image sizes are great. NOt too big so they won't affect site speed, and not too small either. Perfect. Just perfect.

* I think in the author bio section, putting your phone number and email is not that necessary. You can have that in your contact us page, but if it's working for you where it is now, no wahala. Do what works.

(iv) I love your About Us and Contact Pages. Detailed and at the same time, not too word-heavy. Just perfect.

III. Promotion

I really hope you're doing SEO and promoting on social media.

If you aren't, you need to be.

Although I'd say you're doing a great job right now. So I think we should get to ....

IV. The Goals

- What are you selling? Or are you happy just monetizing with ads?
- What problems are you facing? What made you request a review?

I think you should also add a pop up type of CTA on there. Sure, you have the subscribe box and all, but sometimes people need an annoying box that interrupts them and tells them "Yo, subscribe to my blog". That's what I would do.

So I think we are done.

If you wanna hit me up (to talk more or clarify things), follow my signature.

And if you would like me to review your site, don't post it here. Post it here - https://www.nairaland.com/3765331/post-website-blog-here-get

Aiiight... I'm officially done.

Sayonara, Arrivedeciii

Appy Uzlin!
Re: If You Learn From Techcrest.com.ng, You Have Done Well. - The Review by Emmysky(m): 9:42am On May 19, 2017
Thanks you so much for the review.
Honestly if you had went to the site a week ago, you'd have hated it. I followed all your other reviews you did for other sites and did necessary changes. I've also done changes to the parts of my site you admonished above.

2 Likes

Re: If You Learn From Techcrest.com.ng, You Have Done Well. - The Review by Copycracker(m): 10:25am On May 21, 2017
Niceeee... Emmysky, well done.. That's the point of doing these site reviews.

Emmysky:
Thanks you so much for the review.
Honestly if you had went to the site a week ago, you'd have hated it. I followed all your other reviews you did for other sites and did necessary changes. I've also done changes to the parts of my site you admonished above.

(1) (Reply)

Smartphones.ng Technology Portal With 7500 Devices Reviews And Specs FOR SALE!!! / How Do I Upload Stuffs To My Blog / I Need A Web Developer .. Lagos Base Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.